[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why didn't she simply Clegane her way out of the High Sparrow
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 2
File: mountain-cersei.jpg (14 KB, 500x334) Image search: [Google]
mountain-cersei.jpg
14 KB, 500x334
Why didn't she simply Clegane her way out of the High Sparrow situation or simply didn't Clegane her way to power?

Why the absolute confusing plot with a fuck ton of twists? If you have a walking medieval undead Space Marine murdermachine, why the hell keep him as a bodyguard instead of using him at every turn to solve your problems?
>>
>>71395451
What? Should she sent her giant hulking slow moving golden armored warrior to kill her enemies one by one? Don't you think that's a little FUCKING OBVIOUS?

With the Wildfire Solution she can claim the equivalent of a gas line explosion happened
>>
>>71395520

But why couldn't she just simply keep Jaime and Bronn and a few other Lannister soldiers as her personal guards then send Clegane into the sept with the doors closed to murder everyone?
>>
>>71395520

> Gas Line explosion

> The only people who have a hold over Wild Fire are the royalty as evidenced by the recent Stannis attack.

I know we are talking about peasants here, but they aren't exactly stupid.
>>
>>71395584
because he's not indestructible and invincible. One or a couple of them couldn't touch him, but a group of them would destroy him.
>>
>>71395635
they are that stupid and one can always deny
>>
>>71395451
Because Game of Thrones is a Girl Power fantasy show, and having one of the "strong independent woman" roles turn to her giant hulking male protector to solve all her problems doesn't look good.

Also, Cleganing things doesn't make for good plot points.

>>71395668

>you meant: Jamie

for all we know, Clegane is a white walker and I don't see the Faith with obsidian laying around.
>>
>>71395520
Actually the Sept was blown up by the gods to express their dissatisfaction at trial by combat being outlawed, an ancient and venerable practice

t. commoner
>>
>>71395722

It makes more sense to say that your infamously psychotic (and zombified) bodyguard went berserk on his own and killed some fools.
>>
>>71395766
>for all we know, Clegane is a white walker
he's not. Don't be stupider than you already are.
>>
>>71395451
>confusing plot
wat?
>>
>>71395799
or you can keep him safe and not use him at all and use the explosion with no direct ties to you.
>>
>>71395635
Pycelle did it :^)
>>
File: 1466681946395.jpg (48 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1466681946395.jpg
48 KB, 600x600
>>71395766
>for all we know, Clegane is a white walker

Lmao christ
>>
>>71395635
>>71395635
And this is the exact type of thinking that lets the CIA give weapons to Mujahideen then turn around and act like we have nothing to do with them when they change their name and start using those weapons on our allies. Yes, peasants are stupid. Modern civilized Americans are that fucking stupid. Why can't some illiterate dark ages peasant with no 24 hour newsfeed be that stupid?
>>
>>71395842
>>71395887

Why the fuck did they kill Pycelle? Why not kill Kevan? What Pycelle had to do with the wildfire plot.

Why didn't Clegane just tie down Tommen if the purpose was to keep him alive in the first place, why let him alone to jump out the window.

Why send Clegane to protect Tommen when a simple paid asshole could've done it and Cersei is the one more likely to get attacked.

How the fuck did Varys leave Meereen when Meereen had no ships, a giant slaver blockade was inboud, crossed the sea, went to Dorne, came back, negotiated, and went back to westeros, in the spawn of 3 days. Did he take a plane?

How the fuck did the Evil Maester dude found out about the cache of Wildfire if only Jaime and the Mad King had knowledge of them.

Why is the sept still burning 1 week later when Jaime returns, or did he happen to return immediately after the explosion?

When did fucking Arya learn to do the change face magic. Did Jaquen who his face teach her or what? ARE THEY GONNA EVEN TIE DOWN THAT LOSE KNOT?
>>
>>71396071
>only Jaime and the Mad King had knowledge of them.

that one is easy. Jamie and the Mad King were the only nobility that knew about them. Obviously the workers that installed it knew what was up. Plus Evil Maester was friends with the other evil maester who was in charge of the wild fire.
>>
>>71396071
>Why the fuck did they kill Pycelle?
because he couldn't be trusted and cersi hated him. Also, qyburn or whatever wanted revenge
>Why not kill Kevan?
he was killed too
>What Pycelle had to do with the wildfire plot. and the rest of your post
do you not watch the show?
>>
>>71396071
>Why didn't Clegane just tie down Tommen if the purpose was to keep him alive in the first place, why let him alone to jump out the window.
holy shit, are you retarded? do you think they are psychic and knew he would jump out a window?
>>
>>71396193
>do you not watch the show?

I've been wondering the same thing about the people complaining about the Pycelle shit. His proximity to the wildfire was clearly just the circumstances of him being chosen to go find cersei. It could have been anyone in his position. The point is she wanted everyone in that building dead.
>>
>>71396071
>Evil Maester Guy

This is the average level of understanding on this board.
>>
>>71396182

1) Mad King had all the workers and pyromancers killed. Only he and some other evil pyromancer knew where they were, Jamie killed them.

2) In the books they also say Jamie spent weeks hunting anyone that might also known about it and killing them.

3) Varys knew, but Varys wasn't friends with Evil Maester dude.

4) The pyromancer dude that gave Tyrion the wildfyre has vanished and we can all assume he tried fucking a jar of wildfire and died.
>>
>>71396269
>assume he tried fucking a jar of wildfire and died.

That's a big assumption. Either way a giant catacombs full of explosives isn't a secret that can be kept from a ruler without a breakaway society or a shadow government in place. King's Landing has no such thing. Also let's not forget Jamies FUCKS Cersei and told cersei why he killed the mad king.
>>
>>71396071
>Why the fuck did they kill Pycelle? Why not kill Kevan? What Pycelle had to do with the wildfire plot.
He says out with the old in with the new. You gotta pay attention guy.
>Why didn't Clegane just tie down Tommen if the purpose was to keep him alive in the first place, why let him alone to jump out the window.
Probably didn't think he would commit suicide.
>Why send Clegane to protect Tommen when a simple paid asshole could've done it and Cersei is the one more likely to get attacked.
Well she didn't get attacked so it doesn't matter. Also in case you hadn't noticed the Mountain is big and scary, and much more likely to persuade someone to do something on that principle alone.
>How the fuck did Varys leave Meereen when Meereen had no ships, a giant slaver blockade was inboud, crossed the sea, went to Dorne, came back, negotiated, and went back to westeros, in the spawn of 3 days. Did he take a plane?
Inconsistent representation of time for some of those, and you're just 'nitpicking' for others. You know very well the phrase "Mereen has no ships" specifically means no ships to move an army.
>How the fuck did the Evil Maester dude found out about the cache of Wildfire if only Jaime and the Mad King had knowledge of them.
They weren't the only ones. Cersei was ready to use Wildfire back in season 2; additionally Tyrion mentioned Wildfire to Daenerys last episode. You really should pay attention.
>Why is the sept still burning 1 week later when Jaime returns, or did he happen to return immediately after the explosion?
Bad presentation of time, and oversight. Cersei was wearing the same outfit during the explosion and coronation.
>When did fucking Arya learn to do the change face magic. Did Jaquen who his face teach her or what? ARE THEY GONNA EVEN TIE DOWN THAT LOSE KNOT?
She already used that magical technique when she killed Trent.
All in all you should just pay attention, and even with the poor presentation of time it still isn't confusing
>>
>>71396261
Too many names, most of them stupid, I can't learn them all.

For instance

Walder Frey
Talisa Frey
Rosin Frey
Black Walder Frey
Lame Lothar Frey
Countless million Freys that all look the same
Jamie (or Jaime) Lannister
Tywin Lannister
Kevan Lannister
Johanna (Joana/Joanna?) Lannister
Cersei Lannister
Tyrion Lannister
Lancel Lannister
Sandor Clegane
Gregor Clegane
Vargo Hoat
Bitter and Jorge (George?)
Jaqu'en Hal'Quaeda
"Not today" manlet dude
Qyburn what his name
Sansa Stark
Robb Stark
Catelyn Tully/Stark
Arya Stark
Jon Snow/Targ/Stark
Can't zig-zag what his face Rickon Stark
Osha/Asha
Ygritte
Tormund fucking Giantsbane
Ser Allister Thorne
Jeor Mormont
Jorah Mormont
Khal Drogo
Khal Phono
Khal Jhogho
Khal something ogo
Bald evil wizard with blue lips
Evil betraying slave girl
Evil scheming black Varys
Vary
Ned Stark
Joffrey Baratheon
Tommen Baratheon
Mircella Baratheon
Sandsnakes
Bitchy long neck face Dornish Woman that kills Wheelchair guy
Wheelchair guy
Prince Spear-to-the-Face
Bronn
Wun Wun
Ramsay Bolton
Roose Bolton
Lord Karstark doesn't have a first name what his face
Dolorous Edd
KARL TANNER THE FOOKING LEGEND G'IN ALLEH
Mance Rayder
Shaggy looking dude with the Eagle, Oreo
Badass enough teenager looking dude
Missandei
Guy that married Daenerys that nobody cares
Barristan Selmy
Robert Your mother is a whore with a fat arse Baratheon
Stannis My Duty Baratheon
His bitch wife
His bitch daughter
Melissandre
Hot Pie
Archer dude
Thoros of Myr
Berick Dondarion

And the thousand many others I can't recall
>>
>>71396471
>You gotta pay attention guy.

I'm not your guy, pal
>>
>>71396045
A good post on /tv/
10/10, keep up the good work senpai
>>
Shame Pycelle didn't drop his act one final time. His scene with Tywin was excellent.
>>
>>71396579

I'm impressed, I can't even recall all those characters.

> Hot Pie

Fucking hell, he should make a comeback.
>>
>>71396579
Like 80% of those characters are less relevant than 'Evil Master Guy'
>>
>>71396855

Name them.
>>
what was the point of all those scenes with pycelle where he's all "le only pretending to be le dumb old man"
>>
>>71396910
I don't know the names of irrelevant characters off the top of my head, that's my point you doofus.
>>
>>71396855
Regardless. He named less trivial characters nobody cares, which shows his degree of attention, he knows more about the plot than you do.
>>
>>71397095
Apparently not, or else he wouldn't have made this thread asking asinine questions.
>>
>>71396915
to make it obvious to retards like you that he can't be trusted and has his own agenda and that he'll flip flop his loyalty
>>
>>71397145

Your mistake is thinking >>71396071 and OP are the same person.
>>
>>71397204
He replied to my earlier post >>71395842 with >>71396071 , and was made fun of here >>71396261
, and replied again here >>71396579.

Seems fairly consistent.
>>
>>71396615
Alright then person. You gotta pay attention stupid.
>>
>>71395451
>confusing plot with a fuck ton of twists
Whatever do you mean?
>>
>>71397204
I suppose you're right. He may not be op, however, asinine questions were still asked, and there is still an apparent confusion. My point still stands despite (potentially) being incorrect about who OP is.
>>
>>71397383

>missing the glorious South Park meme

You were supposed to say "I'm not your Pal, friend". To which I'd respond, "I'm not your friend, guy." and so would begin the circlejerk. Goddamit anon, why leave me hanging.
>>
>>71395451
fantasy is rotting your brain
just because he feels no pain and has ludicrous strength, does not mean he could fight 100 people and win
eventually they would hack a limb off and then start tearing him apart

what you suggested is the chess equivalent of moving your queen to the opponents front line to take a pawn; Clegane is a powerful tool in the right situations, and is also her main defence at the moment, if she sent him out to kill a bunch of people, he would, but then he would lose, and she would have NOTHING to protect her when the guards/faith militant came

what Cersei did was callous and destructive, but it was a WAY smarter plan than sending Clegane out to kill everyone
>>
>>71398221
I chose to ignore it guy.
>>
>>71395781
ha ha! good point
>>
>>71400796
ha ha thanks
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.