[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When did you realize GoT is absolute kinographé?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 10
File: Game.of.Thrones.S06E10.jpg (304 KB, 1280x716) Image search: [Google]
Game.of.Thrones.S06E10.jpg
304 KB, 1280x716
When did you realize GoT is absolute kinographé?
>>
>>71395029
When I watch a Sapochnik episode
>>
>>71395061

Why can't he just direct every episode? I never understood why tv shows operate this way.
>>
I thought it was more on the side of kinomatographique tbqh
>>
>>71395211
What do you mean by this?
>>
>>71395029
is this a new meme?
>>
>>71395433
No, this isn't a meme. Judging by this episode alone Game of Thrones has the best cinématographé on television by far.
>>
>>71395029
>Davos in the light
>Melisandre in the dark

B R A V O
>>
>>71395487
Now I KNOW you're meme'ing, friend. The CGI is horrible and the show will be remembered as this generation's The Adventures of Sinbad.
>>
File: OPN-album-art-580x562.jpg (52 KB, 580x562) Image search: [Google]
OPN-album-art-580x562.jpg
52 KB, 580x562
>>
>>71395580
its like poetry
>>
>>71395601
>CGI
>related in any way to cinématographé
>thinking cinématographé = (((graphics)))
You HAVE to go back to r***** or /v/ or whatever fucking place you came from you plebeian vermin.
/tv/ is for kinoisseurs ONLY.
>>
>>71395029
>halo above Davos's head
>Jon as the adjudicator under a light beam
>Melissandre in the dark
>absence of a person under the second halo is due to Shireen being in heaven
Every frame a painting. Beautiful.
>>
>>71395686
Ironically those who complain about imperfect CGI are the very same people who complain about normalfags enjoying excessive CGI for it's own sake.
>>
>>71395167
I guess it would be hard to get one director for everything with all the travelling and scheduling. They're always filming in different countries at the same time
>>
>>71395686

It had some decent scenes with Jon Snow last episode, other than that it's pretty forgettable. GoT is not kinô
>>
>>71395601
It will be remembered has one of the landmark TV shows of all time. It's a cultural phenomenon and a darling among critics wether you like it or not.
>>
this was the last time they spoke as friends
>>
File: godardebin.png (321 KB, 615x465) Image search: [Google]
godardebin.png
321 KB, 615x465
>>71395686
>my kinographic face when I read that as kinosaurs
>>
File: Game.of.Thrones.S06E10.2.jpg (408 KB, 1280x716) Image search: [Google]
Game.of.Thrones.S06E10.2.jpg
408 KB, 1280x716
>>71395944
Look at the genius shots in this episode and tell me they have not outdone themselves and reached KINO status.
This is Kubrick level of scene composition, and the inspiration by Goya in later scenes is both palpable and masterfully done.
>>
>>71396105
>i picked up on a rare reference therefore the episode must be good or else i won't be praised for picking up on it
>>
File: 1464293598061.jpg (2 MB, 4131x3873) Image search: [Google]
1464293598061.jpg
2 MB, 4131x3873
>>71395029
KINO WALKERS
>>
File: blackphillip.png (875 KB, 865x1019) Image search: [Google]
blackphillip.png
875 KB, 865x1019
>blatant satin imagery
BRAVO VINCE
>>
>>71396227
What the fuck are you talking about? What rare reference? Are you so ignorant as to not even know about universally famous paintings like Saturn Devouring His Son and yet you think you can talk to me about kino? Hell, you don't even reach pleb status. At least plebs have some knowledge even if it is elementary. You're like some ignorant housewife who spends all day cleaning her house and watches the occasional reality TV show. You disgust me.
>>
>>71396303
Looks like my analysis is spot on. Your bias towards the episode is palpable because your ego is at stake. This was obvious from how you praised the episode.
>>
>>71395029
>winter has arrived
>no fire in each room
face it, they couldn't be bothered getting the lighting balanced

shite cinematography
>>
>>71396303
I swear to fucking christ "kino" is the worst meme to ever come onto /tv/
You are worse than euphoric fedorafags
>>
>>71396381
You are legitimately making no sense.
It seems to me like you judge an episode's quality by the events the occurred during it or the characters or something equally worthless, which is why I know you'll never reach KINO.

You see, I am above the petty concerns of the mob's watching eye such as plot. I couldn't give two shits about what happened this episode.
However, if you would look at the cinématographé you would find a world within itself, a utilization of the visual medium to the absolute apex, in other words- kino.

I feel sorry for you. I honestly do. That you would stay ignorant of the underlying meaning of so much of this world to your dying breath and still desperately try to retain your meaningless pride by throwing ad hominems at me.

That is the fate you have chosen however, as to every patrician there are hundreds of fools, that is simply the truth of the world.
>>
>>71395029
>Davos, hero of good and justice stands in the light
>evil melisandre has misguided Jon and dragged him into the darkness with him
>Jon listens to davos and once again returns to the light

KINO
>>
>>71395963
pretty much all of this is wrong though. But yes, that is what media and our sheepish society is trying to tell you.
>>
>>71396105
please explain
>>
Gospel of Snyder 1:1

Look and behold, for Kino is all around you. Alas, true Kino itself can be found once a lifetime by those who can truly see. For vast knowledge, far beyond those of simple minds can comprehend, is required to seek Kino. My works alone are not the only Kino to be found, it is found unnoticed by the public, it is found in the depths of what the weak mind call trash, it is found in the most secluded pieces of arts and cinema; ranging from grand films to simple animation. Look and wonder, for one's own Kino is to be found within oneself. Amen.
>>
truly a magnificent piece of kinografika
>>
>>71395601
>The Adventures of Sinbad

Nice b8 but no one even remembers that shit besides you and me. This show is as big as MASH was at least.
>>
>>71395029
when i watched s01e01
>>
>>71396530
I'm surprised you couldn't understand my previous reply. In my infinite wisdom I was able to deduce why you're so eager to defend this episode as kino. You feel clever for having managed to find an art reference, which is why you feel the need to defend the episode regardless of it's quality. If the episode is deemed bad your analysis is "disqualified" in a sense and you don't receive the validation you so crave.
>>
>>71396671
We remembered it when it ran, m8. As we do with Game of Thrones, and we also did with Dexter.
>>
>>71396561
You are probably one of those anons that says Buffy is for faggots and never understood it too. Yet here we are on /tv/ 20 years later with several Buffy threads a week. Regardless of whether it is sheepish, shows like these do stand the test of time occasionally.
>>
>>71396731
well that's your problem right here. you are comparing it to dexter. Dexter was a critical disaster after season 1 and the show never even had any direction to begin with. It was also poorly executed on almost every level while GoT is seen as the opposite on all accounts except with contrarians.
>>
File: Game.of.Thrones.S06E10.3.jpg (368 KB, 1280x716) Image search: [Google]
Game.of.Thrones.S06E10.3.jpg
368 KB, 1280x716
>>71396588
Look at the thumbnails, you can straight away tell what the scene is by the distinctive color economy and the composition of shapes, right?
However, open the full image and you would see all the incredible detail and symbolism that tells a whole story without spelling out anything.
>>
>>71396793
> Dexter was a critical disaster after season 1

that's some horrible memory you've got there
>>
>>71396826
>However, open the full image and you would see all the incredible detail and symbolism that tells a whole story without spelling out anything.
Explain in great detail the "incredible detail and symbolism that tell a whole story" for the picture you've attached. I dare you. You will fail, revealing your bias in the process.
>>
>>71396826
Not really. Can you elaborate?
>>
>genuinely praising cinematography in game of thrones
8/10 bait well memed almost had me
>>
>>71396711
Please, stop projecting.

You're so fixated at me having mentioned Goya. What the hell do you think, that when I saw the use of black in scenes that involve tragedy and mortality a light bulb popped above my head and I felt clever?
The truth that you don't want to admit because you're ignorant is that the reference to Goya's style, which is widely famous even among people who aren't prone to art and is extremely prevalent in paintings, cinematography, photography and the like due to its effective expression of emotion, was just a side-remark that seemed obvious to me as someone with an interest in film and art and if you hadn't insisted on protecting your own ego I probably would've forgotten I even mentioned it by now.

But go ahead, tell me it's my ego that's fragile here.
>>
>>71396841
My computer has plenty of memory. That's how I was able to load up metacrittic so rapidly and verify I'm right while you were left assuming I was wrong. YOU have horrible memory.
>>
>>71396900
>>71396947
a girl is talking to a guy as evidenced by having both character silhouettes facing each other directly. their emotions are clouded like the lighting suggests. fucking amazing
>>
>>71397066
But you're just outright wrong. Of course the metacritic rating is going to be shit by now. At the time it was loved by people and at least liked by critics. But if you would link me some of that early critique you're talking about that would be nice.
>>
>>71397019
Whereas before you may have hidden behind the veil of plausible deniability and accused me of projection, my calculated guess and bold prediction became all but confirmed by the time you posted your emotionally driven second reply. Clearly, I had struck a nerve, as I well knew I would.
There's nothing wrong with pointing out what you see, but do try to be less smug about it in the future.

Consider yourself rebuked.
>>
>>71396952
It was pretty good for television. Better than Breaking Bad's and people jizzed all over that shows cinematography. Just let GoT fans have it.
>>
>>71397148
>Of course the metacritic rating is going to be shit by now

That's not how it works buddy. Television seasons are not retroactively reviewed. That only happens with films. The reviews are from the time the show aired. Reviews of season 2 dropped off steeply from season 1 and plummeted into bad territory by season 3.
>>
>>71397019
spotted the art major
>>
>>71397162
this is quality reckon
>>
>>71396900
First of all, notice the symmetry of the composition and the golden rule that's applied to the items on the table and the lamp and items on the stool on the left side, all of these aesthetics give off a sense of pleasure and relaxation to the viewer, this is to give off a sense of irony because while the right side, the male, is filled with agony the left side, the female, is relaxed and feels nothing.

Also note that when he is kneeling their heads are about at the same level, though when he straightens his back it is apparent due to their silhouettes that he is much taller than here, this means that though she technically has much more power than this man he's still greater than her due to his sense of love and loyalty which she will never possess.
>>
File: starwars.jpg (159 KB, 736x865) Image search: [Google]
starwars.jpg
159 KB, 736x865
>>71396268
is there one of these for the best titties in the show?
>>
>>71395029
The term you're looking for is "kinematographié" OP
>>
>>71396105
It's ridiculous how they have such enormous sets too, I found myself at first thinking maybe the whole thing was CG and the people were composited in, wondering how much of that is real, turns out it's most of it.
>>
>>71397267
nigga i could write the same kind of bullshit about any screenshot from any episode
>>
>>71397678
Yeah but most episodes don't have scenes that looks nearly as good as these.
>>
>>71397267
> First of all, notice the symmetry of the composition and the golden rule that's applied to the items on the table and the lamp and items on the stool on the left side, all of these aesthetics give off a sense of pleasure and relaxation to the viewer.

This is enought, it's kinda wannabe Kubrick in it's tidyness, but nothing more really.
>>
>>71397019
>You're so fixated at me having mentioned Goya. What the hell do you think, that when I saw the use of black in scenes that involve tragedy and mortality a light bulb popped above my head and I felt clever?
>The truth that you don't want to admit because you're ignorant is that the reference to Goya's style
Chiaroscuro isn't just Goya
>>
GoT has some of the dullest cinematography I've ever seen.
>>
>>71395849
>>71395849
makes me realize how much stuff that i don't notice or think about in movies (and series )
>>
>>71395029
Davos reasons for wanting red witch gone is very stupid.
>HURR I LOVED THAT GIRL SO YOU NEED TO GO HURR
R'hllor commanded her to burn that bitch alive and she did it because Red Witch knows humans cant say shit to him cant wait for R'hllor to fuck Davos up in someway.
>>
>>71398104
You don't need to think about it. The point of subtle cinematography like that is for your subconsciousness to pick up on it thus immersing you further in the scene.
>>
>>71396268
it actually looks much better in black and white imo
that actually looks pretty cool especially the background

in the show walkers look like shit, in 10 years they'll probably have aged so badly we'll laugh at it
>>
>>71398303
>in 10 years
I'm laughing at it right now fampai
>>
>>71395167
>>71395911

He should be in charge of everything then laying out the shots ahead of time.
>>
>>71397452

The sets are hit or miss. I think the sept is big because they started it in season 1 and probably kept adding to it.

Some of the sets are bullshit like the kings landing riot sequence.
>>
>>71398216
The subconscious doesn't exist.
>>
>>71398194

I half expected Jon to let Davos go instead.

Am I the only one who expects this to be a doom driven victory? Jon killing the great other and dying in the process? Sort of a those of us who walk here are damned thing?
>>
>>71396530
autism
>>
>>71399816
Get off my board.
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.