[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So in Leonard's dream, Don realized he is the fridge, right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: cantbuymelove.jpg (92 KB, 1200x630) Image search: [Google]
cantbuymelove.jpg
92 KB, 1200x630
So in Leonard's dream, Don realized he is the fridge, right? Leonard/Coke are his ideas. Don never gets to feel loved, but the ideas he produces does, and he's finally OK with that now that Leonard clued him into what is happening.

Now I'm mad I missed live threads of this show.
>>
>>71390149
No, no, no, you inbred. Hearing Lenny's ripping yarn about living in a fridge made Don pontificate on what else lives within fridgi. Then he realized -- Coke. Coke lives in fridges. But then his great idea about Coke being inside fridges ran out of steam and so he looked around and saw a bunch of hippies and then telepathically transposed that environment into a shitty little jingle and opened a proverbial fridge to the world in unleashing his ad campaign.

Get it now?
>>
>>71390236
Isn't that what I said?
>>
>>71390149

I don't think Don needs to be the fridge for the metaphor to work. There are a number of interpretive directions to tease out, but I think the fundamental point is that Don is exposed to the truth of the situation he creates. He doesn't just sell people products, he turns people into them.

So while his work suggests that he has the inside track on human psychology/behaviour/culture/etc., he didn't see that he was also shaping it, for the worse.
>>
>>71391028

Of course, upon realising this he participates in some neo-pagan mind-cleanse self-serving bull-shit and gets right back at it.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.