[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Show has females characters doing stuff >Everyone here
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 187
Thread images: 20
File: about_to_fuck_shit_up.jpg.jpg (55 KB, 810x456) Image search: [Google]
about_to_fuck_shit_up.jpg.jpg
55 KB, 810x456
>Show has females characters doing stuff
>Everyone here is triggered like a little bitch and shout "muh sjws", "muh feminism", "muh tumblr"

why ?
>>
Hello tumblr
>>
>>71331679
>females are capable of doing stuff on their own in real life.

kek
>>
>>71331679
Because this board is full of neet virgin forever alone neckbeards who can't handle women let alone strong independent women
>>
File: 1445920117367.jpg (8 KB, 198x300) Image search: [Google]
1445920117367.jpg
8 KB, 198x300
>>71331795
this tbqh even in fantasy its a bit of a stretch
>>
We get it. It's a fantasy show, so chicks get to do stuff.go fuck your vibrator
>>
>>71331679
I have noticed the sort of "Womyn are as stronk as men" thing its been pushing for a while now but I don't really care because its not doing anything that feminist/sjwy besides having a lot of strong female characters, if it was pushing anything more than that I might not watch it but in the end its just a fucking fantasy tv show thats interesting to watch I can ignore the "stronk womyns" thing so long as I get to watch cunts stab and betray one another.
>>
>>71331679

I femanon,

Females are so spotables this days on the internet.
>>
>>71331854
>le virginbeards xDD

I can 100% guarantee you complained about pesky altrighters calling everyone cucks at least once before
>>
I consider myself part of them for a lot of it but the hivemind is pretty ridiculous about GoT

>I can't like any of the women characters because they are only in there to pander to SJWs!
They kill them off at a similar rate to men even if they did give Sansa a bigger role in the show

>I can't like Tyrion because they only make him cool cuz he's disabled!
>I can't like Vaerys because he's such a cuck omg
>I can't like Bran because they only make him cool cuz he's disabled!
>I can't like Jamie because they literally disable him to symbolize that men are inferior!

They want the Star Wars 7 treatment for a fully functional white male or it's pandering.

>Little Finger
>>
>>71332463
>pesky altrighters
I don't even know what this means
>>
>>71332478
keep fighting that strawman
>>
>>71331854
Pretty much this. Even if the show would be full GURL POWAAA, the outrage would be silly, given how that would be still a very rare premise in the sea of entertainment focused on males but GoT makes it relatively reasonable and supported by the source material mostly.

The things they changed from the source material, actually makes women look worse, say the idiotic Dorne shit or Sansa being passive.
>>
>>71331679
vagina's are yucky
>>
File: 1463264187066.png (429 KB, 399x614) Image search: [Google]
1463264187066.png
429 KB, 399x614
>>71332600
>>
>>71332478
My only complain would be Euron. It's unbelievable how bad they ruined the best antagonist from the books, although it's hardly related to the SJWs.
>>
>>71331679
>Guy dies of a scratch
>Girl survives multiple stabbings, infected waters and a marathon the next day
>>
Dishonest storytelling and pandering to placate casual millenial viewers
>>
>>71331854
Cmon you can b8 better than that
>>
>>71332755
Maybe because she's a main character? Like Jon walking around through a fucking battlefield swinging his sword around and leaving pretty much unharmed?
>>
>>71331679
Even qhen the world portraits dragons, ice people and whatnot, women under such dire circumstances would unlikely rule armies or kingdoms. Sure, there may be exceptions, but it wouldn't be a rule. In that world there's no internet to push liberal thoughts, so ot'd be very unlikely for women to rise at the same time. Besides, men would have no reason to follow women instead of men. It may be common for people to be brainwashed by media now, but without it, those ideas would not be fluorishing so quickly.
>>
>>71331679
People are hypocrites, what do you expect?

>lmao, what's wrong with a white guy playing that character?
>REEEEEEEE WHY THE FUCK IS A BLACK DUDE PLAYING THAT CHARACTER
>>
I marathoned season 5 and 6 over the past two or three days and I feel like the phrase:

>Who said anything about a him?

Too many times.
>>
>>71332920
literally never happened. in fact, if you leave liberal lala land its the opposite. they change originally white characters to black = really no one cares.
they never change black characters to white, and when white people play egyptians (who were arabs and south europeans) the BLM type chimp out.
but please keep living in your imaginary opressed world, must bring the fight to the evil whitey
>>
>>71331854

Is this b8?
>>
>>71332784
But its not bait mate
>>
>>71332995
>literally never happened
Christian Bale in Gods of Egypt and Idris Elba in Thor
>>
>>71331679
because they're all mary sues
>>
>>71332650
>answering b8 earnestly
>>
>>71333024

For me Idris Elba was good.
Crhistian Bale was good to.

So fuck you.
>>
>>71332995
Wait what? Granted I don't browse tumblr or blogs but 99% of this sort of crying I've seen has been from /pol/umblr types. The crying after a black guy was cast in the new Star Wars movie alone could hold me over for 10 lifetimes. It was literally non-stop for months.
>>
>>71331679
Why do you have a problem with people criticizing female characters?

Demanding people tread on egg shells around women isn't feminism. If anything you should feel patronised when you are being shamelessly pandered to. This all implies women are inherently different and is counter-productive.

Also 4chan is all about bantz, we are not here to fight a moral crusade, it is your job to take the piss out of summer /pol/tards.
>>
>>71333095
>So fuck you
Well I agree, so I don't know what you're getting at.

Personally I dont care for SJW or /pol/. It's just fucking movies. I don't even get what's supposed to happen, white folks are going to riot and kill black folks because a movie shows white people being kings? Or are black people going to marry white people in a the millions because a movie had a interracial couple?
>>
>>71333098

t. Genderqueer transvegan
>>
File: 1458436130612.jpg (183 KB, 1024x887) Image search: [Google]
1458436130612.jpg
183 KB, 1024x887
>>71333098
>/pol/umblr types
>>
>>71333159

Yep.
But SJW are more pathetics, they get trigerred for something fiction, and than is way /pol gets mad.

Fuck SJW's.
>>
File: triggeredsjb.gif (1 MB, 135x138) Image search: [Google]
triggeredsjb.gif
1 MB, 135x138
>>71331679
>Show has females characters doing stuff
>It's fine, situations can happen where women that thrust into positions with responsabilities and power

>Show has EVERY POSITION OF POWER filled with women
>No no guys it's not Feminism or SJW at work, it's totally an organic evolution of the story
>let's not mention that it never happened either in IRL history or Westeros history
>More likely than not, they would go back up family trees until they found a man
>>
>>71333275
their ability to be easily triggered by even a mention of something the don't like is pretty equal
>>
>>71333195
>>71333233
>get your /polumblr/ pathological lying thrown in your face
>sperg out and start screeching like retards

Gee, I wonder why people started noticing /pol/ is a different flavor of SJW. Back to your SJW containment board.

>>>/pol/
>>
>>71333308

NOPE.

I think SJW's are more trigerred with anything, than /pol/
>>
>>71333309

This guy, kek.
I mean.......Girl
>>
>>71331854
I swear it has gotten much worse in the past few years.

The younger gens are getting more and more r9k.
More betas? Something in the water?
The facebook and shit?
>>
The only WOMYN STRONK bit that pisses me off is Dorne, because Ellaria and her cronies are genuine fucking psychopaths who are depicted as heroic because RAAA RAAA FEMINISM SMASH THE PATRIARCHY

Cersei is a fucking villain, a sympathetic one, but she is not a good guy here. Yara and Dany are likable, reasonable and capable enough to rule. But the Sneks are psychos AND we have no reason to believe they have any business in ruling.
>>
File: 1466329651357.png (34 KB, 732x606) Image search: [Google]
1466329651357.png
34 KB, 732x606
>>71333309
t. neutral enlightened intellectual
>>
>>71332600
meme
>>
>>71333309
Heh don't you think anti-SJWS are just as bad as SJW's

t. normal person
>>
>>71333432
> who are depicted as heroic
Where did you get that? They seem painted as irrational psychopaths they are for me. Ellaria clearly went cray after Oberyn died, pretty much like Cat when Robb got killed but with more time and room to act.
>>
>>71333427
maybe it has something to do with the fact that you spend time on 4chan, a place notorious for degenerates and social autists.
>>
>>71333427

Is the NWO agenda my friend.
>>
>>71333472
>being above two different groups of literal retards means you're "neutral" and don't have coherent beliefs

>>71333542
/pol/ isn't really anti-SJW. It would be more accurate to just refer to /pol/ as SJW since the fundamental logic and reasoning fit.
>>
>>71333593
Yes.
But why has it gotten worse?
That was what my post said.
>>
>>71333593
/thread

people on here are just the outcasts and the betas of the world
>>
>>71333432
The Sand Snakes aren't depicted as heroic. You're a deluded lunatic m8.
>>
File: 1466313580531.png (25 KB, 276x213) Image search: [Google]
1466313580531.png
25 KB, 276x213
>>71333612
tell me about those beliefs enlightened one
>>
>>71333593
Autists and people who bitch about women aren't necessary the same group. /pol/ spewing over to other boards was pretty common but r9k neckbeards infection other boards seems like a more recent phenomenon.
>>
>>71333646
It hasn't gotten worse, it's just much easier to get your voice out now so every loud-mouthed retard with too much free time on their hands spams the internet with their nonsensical fringe whining.
>>
>>71333697
So you're saying more assholes found their way to 4chan than already were here?

>>71333692
gets it.
>>
>>71332819
Jon has divine protection.
>>
>>71333675
What beliefs? It's hilarious that you're so unintelligent that you've actually resorted to insisting people have to agree with either dyed hair tumblr feminists or obese cheeto eating triggered /pol/ shitposters. Every single intelligent person on the planet despises both of those groups of people, and you're here insisting everyone has to belong in one of them. You're comedy gold level stupid.
>>
>>71333646
the point of my post was to illustrate it hasn't gotten worse, your perception has just shifted because you spend your time with a bunch of social retards.

>>71333692
you must be new
>>
>>71332755
>pick any number of the women who have died easily on the show
>pick any man who has survived grievous wounds like The Hound
>think you're making a point because you're a dumb /pol/ shitposter who doesn't understand logic even as well as wild animals do
>>
>>71333865
How has it not gotten worse here but its gotten wose by being here around the retards?

I think I will disengage you, sorry.
>>
what the fuck were they supposed to do when dany/yara/cersei are literally the fucking same in the books. George RR wrote in strong female characters, there are also strong male characters.

Anyone who complains about this is pretty much socially retarded.
>>
File: 1466313611227.png (28 KB, 613x488) Image search: [Google]
1466313611227.png
28 KB, 613x488
>>71333845
>Every single intelligent person on the planet despises both of those groups of people
wow, you must be really intelligent then

The problem I have with people like you is pretend you have no opinion on anything and use your "le above it all" attitude as an excuse for your own cowardice, while also ironically complaining about /pol/ and sjws being vocal and annoying while being vocal and annoying yourself. I'm not asking you to pick a side, I'm just asking you to shut the fuck up and stop pretending you're above it all and that you've made some astute observation about /pol/ being sjws when they vocalize their beliefs.
>>
>>71333039

I disagree. I feel like Sansa has had a good character arc, she started out alone, scared, and powerless. She got traumatized and abused first by King Twatwaffle, then by Psychopants Mcdickcutter. This abuse has toughened her up to the harsh realities of the world she lives in. Even now she has no power of her own, she has to get Know-Nothing-Snow or Freddy-Got-Little-Fingered to do shit for her. She is in no way a Mary Sue.
>>
>>71334361
It's not that we don't have an opinion you fucking idiot it's that our opinions lean equally to both sides based on our internal logic rather than some retarded adherence to a set of beliefs.

The thing that annoys me about this shit is that as soon as I try to use some sort of logic to defend a position that /pol/ doesn't like it just devolves to cuckposting and being called a SJW. That's why I think it's retarded. SJWs are probably the same way but I come to 4chan so I interact with retarded /pol/fags way more so I guess I just naturally hate them more.

It's annoying to have to deal with people who are so completely set on one side of something because you can't even argue with them, and now it's gotten to the point where all the anti-SJW go into every thread claiming any story element that involves women or people of a different skin color is tumblr or SJW. They can't distinguish between actual stupid pandering and a legitimate story or design decision.
>>
>>71334361
>STOP BEING REASONABLE, EVERYBODY IS AS RETARDED AS THESE TWO SUBCULTURES
>>
There are literally and unironically zero good female characters and there is nothing any nu male casual or tumblr feminist can say to change that. If you disagree you are just wrong and you shouldnt be allowed opinions
>>
>>71331679
>Everyone here
Not me. Show has always had strong females, and the show continues to have strong males. Nothing has changed.
>>
>>71331854
Accurate
>>
>>71334734
>being willfully ignorant and blind
i envy you mate
>>
>>71334590
Ever thought about just leaving 4chan then you meme loving fuck?
>>
>>71334590
>The thing that annoys me about this shit is that as soon as I try to use some sort of logic to defend a position that /pol/ doesn't like it just devolves to cuckposting and being called a SJW.
The problem is you seem to be assuming anyone putting forth valid criticisms of female characters or the casting of non-white characters must be affiliated with /pol/. It's not surprising you get called an sjw, because when you instantly labeling anyone who puts forth any criticism of women or minorities as" /pol/", it certainly comes across that way.
>>
>>71334763
roastie detected.
>>
>>71332242
i don't mind it either desu but i think what triggers people is how much plot armor female characters seem to have

arya is overpowered as fuck
dany is literally perfect and everybody is willing to give their life for her after talking to her for a second
sansa is actually kind of okay
sand sneks are retarded, somehow they say there is a revolt in dorne (even though nothing hinted to it), they kill the prince and usurp the power and there is no civil unrest? no issues whatsoever? i mean that was pretty much a fucking coup
>>
>>71331679
she can have my sword any time.
>>
>>71331854
>muh shit writing is good because virgins
>>
>>71334397
the only real mary sues here are arya and dany
>>
>>71334908
>Ever thought about just leaving 4chan then you meme loving fuck?

Yes. But where would I go?

>>71334936
>The problem is you seem to be assuming anyone putting forth valid criticisms of female characters or the casting of non-white characters must be affiliated with /pol/.

But that's not true though, I mentioned in my post that I believe sometimes people are pandering when they make certain choices. I personally believe characters are sacred and should always be cast as close to as they were originally written as possible. But then there's times when people instantly jump on any black or female lead as "SJW PANDERING GARBAGE" or whatever and freak out about it. And that's the parts that annoy me. Mad Max was being called feminist propaganda constantly on this site before it was even out and I got called a fence-sitting cuck then too for just saying to watch the movie before being so fucking gung-ho.
>>
>>71335138
>But where would I go?
reddit is full of enlightened intellectuals like yourself.
>>
>>71335138
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>/reddit/
>>
>>71335138
reddit would be perfect for your aquired taste. intelletually stimulating yet free of any extremism and prejudice
>>
>>71335166
>>71335181
>>71335238
>Complain that /pol/ and SJWs are retarded and make no attempt to actually argue points or have a reasoned position
>Get called out for being a fedora wearing intellectual for questioning the intelligence of people who are genuinely stupid
>Get redirected to reddit by similar retards who have nothing to say even though I've been here since the beginning of fucking time and will probably actually be here forever

Pretty much the average 4chan experience. It doesn't feel too good to be swarmed by you retarded drones but I have nowhere else to be so enjoy it faggots.
>>
File: 1465213650375.jpg (421 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1465213650375.jpg
421 KB, 1920x1080
>>71331854

>strong
>women

Choose one
>>
File: 1466315751304.jpg (57 KB, 599x392) Image search: [Google]
1466315751304.jpg
57 KB, 599x392
>>71335349
we get it, you're an enlightened intellectual who's above the unwashed masses who have the audacity to share their opinions on things.

reddit is also full of enlightened intellectuals who circlejerk each other about how above it all they are.
>>
File: 0202.png (189 KB, 333x352) Image search: [Google]
0202.png
189 KB, 333x352
>>71335349
what is there to argue? this is a typical example when people come out with "go back to pol, idiot retards" and then "please refute my previous argument with facts and logic". if you lay down your logic and explain why game of thrones have no feminist agenda and why people are delusional about it, thats fine. then you get an argument.

reminds me of this classic:
>liberal: trump is stupid
>trump voter: no he is not
>liberal: not an argument retard
well guess what, the original "argument" wasnt an argument either, just like in your case
>>
>>71335601
>if you lay down your logic and explain why game of thrones have no feminist agenda and why people are delusional about it, thats fine. then you get an argument.

I didn't claim that because I don't watch the show enough to know. My first post was just about why perceived "fence sitting" is just people with various opinions based on their own internal logic rather than swinging wildly to one side or another.

>>71335554
I do think I'm smarter than you, yes. Have you considered the possibility that you're actually just really dumb?
>>
>>71335349
Refer to >>71335181
>>71335238
>>71335166
>>
>>71335762
Refer to >>mydick
>>
I don't mind when the cunny does stuff.
>>
I like how the politics matter jack shit in the show anymore.

>let's crown Cersei because why the fuck not
>everything is peaceful after Dany burned everything to the ground
>no problems in Dorne after a fucking coup
>>
>>71335701
> My first post was just about why perceived "fence sitting" is just people with various opinions based on their own internal logic rather than swinging wildly to one side or another

yes okay, but being "neutral" or "between two extremes" is not always the logical and enlightened position to hold. in fact most of the time either side is right, the other is wrong, in my experience. but yes, ofc not every female character is feminist propaganda and every black and white romance is "white genocide". but one can understand how people dont like when you call them retards and pretend you are above their "biased and ignorant" views. especially when their views are cenzored on most of the internet, or downvoted.
>>
>>71335991
I'm not saying being neutral is logical or enlightened. I'm saying a lot of perceived fence sitting is just people who don't pick one side or another, but hold positions from both sides. I'm most annoyed by /pol/ because I'm on 4chan and they storm into a lot of threads and act retarded by accusing absolutely everything of being some kind of feminist SJW propaganda. It shits up the site and it's annoying as fuck. I'm not saying there isn't genuine pandering sometimes I'm just saying that people who flock hard to the /pol/ side of things perceive way more pandering that I believe actually exists.

All I want it people to actually explain their points and have their own opinions rather than always going to one side and screaming cuck at anyone who disagrees with anything they say. Or screaming misogynist, as the case may be.
>>
SJWs falsely accuse filmmakers of being racist for lacking "diversity"

/pol/ just complains about it on 4chan
>>
m8s relax it's just fantasy
admit it, you'd marry a smart/strong loli if you could.
>>
File: 1466494482683.png (51 KB, 241x183) Image search: [Google]
1466494482683.png
51 KB, 241x183
>>71331679
> .jpg.jpg
>>
>>71331679
because they're is always an extreme side on each side
>>
>>71333024
Christian Bale wasn't in Gods of Egypt, next.
>>
>>71336258
ok i agree with you on everything you said, expect that pol is only active here and have literally no influence in the real world. meanwhile feminists (3rd wave) and SJWs influence the media, the academia and politics. so maybe i'm just the opposite of you in that i'm more annoyed with SJWs and more "forgiving" when /pol/ is retarded
>>
>>71336497
if i lived in the world id be raping lolis all day
>>
>>71336497
Yes, a loli, not some old hag like the show likes to push like Danny.
>>
Bear Loli is an example of a good and strong female character.
Waif was an example of a good and strong female character.
Brienne is an example of a good and strong female character.

Sansa, Fatnerys, Dyke, Sand Niggers, etc, are not.
>>
>>71331679

I'm ok with
> Lady Mormont
> Cersei
> Margaery
> Tyrell Grandma
> etc.

I'm not ok with
> Dany
> Salsa

Dany is a horribly bad character (though in this episode she was decent) and I hate Salsa because she's been stupid her whole life, getting her own family killed, and yet she feels entitled to take the lead of House Stark and trusts Littlefinger (the man who helped get her family killed and sold her to the Boltons) more than Jon, just because Jon is a bastard.

I kind of dislike Yara too.
>>
>>71331679
Because its not realistic. Theres a reason men have dominated the hierarchy for thousands of years while most women stood at their side.

Each gender is genetically programmed to care about different things.

Even GOT, a fantasy, has followed these norms in the beginning. Now all of a sudden they decided to have almost every power base centered around a female character.

It obviously sells since pandering to the other 50% of the population will get you viewers, so they'll keep doing it, show quality be damned.
>>
>>71331679
>Show has male characters do stuff while gloating about being men
>We are supposed to find them obnoxious

>Show has female characters do stuff while gloating about being women
>We aren't supposed to find them obnoxious
>>
>>71333287

I don't disagree with you in that the show Girl power is becoming insufferable but historically you have great female regents.

- Queen Elizabeth of England
- Catherine the Great
- Mary of Portugal

Just to name a few
>>
>>71331854
I.AM.NOT.A.NECKBEEEEEAARRDD!!!11!1!
Take this trash post offline RIGHT NOW YOU STUPID FAGGOT FUCKER or I swear I will call the mods on you so fast and they will shit down your FUCKING THROAT. I do not joke around you PIECE OF HUMAN FILTH.
>>
>>71331679
I don't mind because I'm an adult and I don't get assrustled by women doing things...But the producers and writers are so transparently trying to make up for Sansa Rape 2015 I'm surprised that Sansa didn't yell #notallwomen when Ramsay died.
>>
>>71336837
You'd have a point if the current power dynamics in the show hadn't arisen organically and plausibly. It's pointless to whine and cry about realism when we've watched the events transpire.

Also you're not crying because of realism, you're crying because you're a fat neckbeard loser with an agenda.
>>
>>71337095
and when was a time when nearly every european kingdom/empire was ruled by a woman? not to mention for every queen there are 100 kings who ruled the country. so its really not realistic. not to mention those rules you list were more similar to queen of thornes than to fucking sand niggers or dany or to yara, this "badass fighter woman" is a completely ridiculous invention
>>
>>71337095
Mary of Portugal was shite m8.
>>
>>71333432
I found it hilarious how they were fucking rekt by Ollena.
Ollena's a good example of a well written female character in the setting, she's manipulative, harsh and unforgiving. And she has a rightful reason to be in full revenge-tilt; her entire houses future was obliterated in the blink of an eye.

Unlike the sociopathic sand-snakes. They could've left Head-honcho hotwheels in charge and had it play out the same.
>>
>>71337236
>Also you're not crying because of realism, you're crying because you're a fat neckbeard loser with an agenda.

I almost thought you had a point till you outed yourself as a sjw cuck.
Keep drinking the irrational coolaid while it lasts. The useful idiots will be removed by one side or the other.
>>
>>71337299
When was the time a nobleman's son could time travel by touching a tree, or a bunch of dragons were flying around?

I think you can suspend your disbelief just a little.
>>
>>71337373
the victim complex in here is incredible.

really, it's not credible.
>>
File: 012012.png (343 KB, 589x404) Image search: [Google]
012012.png
343 KB, 589x404
>>71337236
>>
>>71337373
>I almost thought you had a point until I got triggered

Inbred, brainwashed /pol/ justice warrior detected.
>>
>>71337376
>Something unrealistic happens
>Lol but the show has dragons tho!

I hate that fucking argument
>>
>>71337299

You also have female warriors like Boudica, Joan D'arc, that chinese pirate lady with the largest pirate fleet ever off the top of my head.

As I said I dislike the direction that this show is taking, I can almost guess that Jon will sacrifice himself to beat the Night King and thus Salsa becomes queen of the north or something like that.

But you do have precedents in history of great female leaders, warriors, regents etc... You can't discount that. Even great kings had powerful queens that helped them.

Things are not black and white. And you're forgetting that most of the women in GoT are supported or counseled by men.

Dany has Tyrion
Yara has reek to some degree
Cersei has Qyburn
Arya had the Jaquan and the Hound
>>
>>71337299
>Dany
>Badass fighter woman

Jesus, kill yourself
>>
File: 4HgSpk3.jpg (230 KB, 598x792) Image search: [Google]
4HgSpk3.jpg
230 KB, 598x792
>>71335800
>>
>>71337376
>its a fantasy world bro
so by your logic literally everything can be explained by this. people in a medieval style world can start arguing about transgender rights and mensplaining, and it can be exmplained by "hey there are dragons too, its fantasy"... makes no sense to me
>>
>>71337433
Well, to be honest, insulting the person you are trying to have an argument with is not a valid way to prove your point.
>>
>>71337674
Watch historical fiction if you want "muh realism."

It's fantasy, the reality of the world is 100% subjective to the whims of the writers.
>>
>>71337674
Stupid exaggeration fallacy. A female ruler is a plausibility even if a neckbeard insists it isn't. Transgender rights out of nowhere would make no logical sense in that setting for numerous reasons. You're retarded as fuck.
>>
File: 1365969707042.jpg (62 KB, 500x512) Image search: [Google]
1365969707042.jpg
62 KB, 500x512
>getting riled about normie shows

This show is normie. Genre fiction is normie. Watch it or don't. But don't get emotional like a pleb over it.
>>
>>71337498
>riding on muh dragons burning shit down
fuck off mate, shes a shitty character, just accept it. also shitty actor with her smug resting bitch face
>>
>>71331854

muh stonk inpendeinded wymen
>>
I'm just upset that Wyman was neutered to make Arya and Lyanna seem stronger. He's legitimately my favorite 'small' character in the books.
>>
>>71337800
youre retarded as fuck, you cant use logic and then insult people. try arguing without "neckbeard, pol, retard" etc little kiddo. its not your reddit echo chamber. yes one or two female ruler is realistic. the whole realm ruled by strong independent badass women is just a power fantasy for people like you. sad
>>
>>71337494

Boudicca wasn't a warrior, she was a queen and all the battles she "commanded" we're actually her male generals fighting it for her.

Joan of Arc wasn't a commander or warrior. All she did was inspire the French troops at the siege of Orleans because they thought she was divine and God talked to her.

I don't know too much about the pirate lady.
>>
>>71338059

>youre retarded as fuck, you cant use logic and then insult people. try arguing without "neckbeard, pol, retard" etc little kiddo.

In his defense you are literally raging over "Game of Thrones" right now like an absolute neckbeard.
>>
>>71338059
Then I guess it's good for your arbitrary obese neckbeard rules that there are 2 female rulers.
>>
>>71338129
ok but isnt that whats /tv/ is for. its like accusing robots on /r9k/ of being autists... i mean youre not wrong but still...
>>
>>71338141
ok keep acting like you are retarded (or maybe you are). but technically dany, cersei and lyanna are all rules, so even your stupid pretentious argument is wrong. oh and also the sand niggers are rulers. and yara will most likely rule the iron islands. sansa or jon is still up to debate.
>>
>>71338059
CHECK OUT THIS FAGGOT
>>
>>71338438
YEAH FUCK BITCHES RIGHT BRO?
>>
>>71338499
>>71338461

t. reddit
>>
>>71338438
>whining about female house lords

Jesus, that's even more pathetic. Kill yourself.
>>
File: kfdtxSy.png (630 KB, 767x748) Image search: [Google]
kfdtxSy.png
630 KB, 767x748
>>71338499
>>71338565
>>
It's not the presence of active female leads, it's the complete absence of male protagonists with agency. All the men are either evil or snivelling under some stronk womyn's thumb, it's so blunt and inelegant.
>>
File: 1460395550878.png (1 MB, 780x2814) Image search: [Google]
1460395550878.png
1 MB, 780x2814
>>71335601
A wall of text with little to no substance with the intent of passively agressively self fellating himself while strawmanning the opposition. Liberal hipster cuck detected.
>>
>>71331679
Small dick syndrome
>>
Because IRL in medieval times female leaders were rare as fuck.
>>
>>71338652
Most of the male characters died in the war, you twat.
>>
>>71338741
Game of thrones/Songs of Ice and Fire do not take place in medieval times.
>>
>>71338741
So were dragons.

>REEEEEEEE THIS ARBITRARY RULE OF FICTION IS MORE LEGITIMATE THAN THE OTHER ARBITRARY RULE OF FICTION
>>
>>71338590
the kind of people that think people shouldn't be "categorized" when they're themselves walking cliché
>>
>>71338713
>wall of text
>tfw you see /pol/ tards make comments on post length and it always reminds you of just how stupid these people are
>>
>>71332701
Apparently, so is grammar and punctuation.
>>
>>71338788
>>71338790
>these two redditors
>>
>>71338790
Because a social structure is the same thing as the wildlife in a world? Are you saying that if dinosaurs were still around we'd have had a lot more female rulers?
>>
>>71338788
yeah totally not a medieval fantasy setup
>>
>>71338818
Have you noticed that they've so annoyed the user base of this site that it's starting to turn leftwards again?

Not that 4chan was a liberal site by any means, but during the Bush years it was less stormfront retards and more casual/ironic racism.

All it takes is a few faggots who don't get it to fuck it up for everyone else.
>>
>>71338860
Funnily enough the "wildlife" does directly affect the social structure in GoT. Dany's gender is completely irrelevant because she owns dragons.
>>
>>71338952
she is the MOTHER of dragons
>>
everyone seems to love here
but she gives me creeps, like if something would put on skin of a little girl and walk and talk around in it
>>
>>71338818
>strawmanning faggot butthurt of being called out, goes into damage control with the Am I Rite Guys tumblerina circlejerk tactic
>>
>>71338788
>be clansman
>beat all clansman wrestling, have a place in the ring
>become leader of the clan because male alpha
>Form a tribe beating the shit out of other clans
>we settle
>WE KINGDOM NOW

Do you understand where im going? this is how kingdoms start, this is how duchies counties and such start. Might

It clear that their system is "Patriarcal" because men lead, they lead because a reason, that reason is their ancestor fucked shit more than their neighbours.

Now women get to "lead" in a male dominated world with runnin on a male made social technology, this also happen in the GoT world, it's obvious, it's implied, and it's "recorded" in the "lore".

There is no way a woman can lead without this social technology

Now take your trip off and begone pest
>>
File: 1466975326247.jpg (288 KB, 951x713) Image search: [Google]
1466975326247.jpg
288 KB, 951x713
>>71338788
>this fagot
>>
>>71338952
Right, which makes sense, she has the backing of three fire breathing monstrosities, which has already been proven by history in this world to be enough to run over Westeros. How does that figure into all of the kingdoms in Westeros save two having a female ruler, one of which is basically in a state of civil war with a female ruler on the other side.
>>
How did varys teleporting get into the final cut?
>>
>>71338860
I'm saying it's a fantasy and by literal definition of the genre is not confined to the ecological, physical, ethical, cultural, societal, familial, racial, or any other kind of constraints both natural and metaphysical that define our reality.

You know the difference between fantasy and reality, don't you anon?
>>
>>71339026
The point is that the gender/size/[trait] is totally irrelevant.
>>
>>71338713
> i cant argue so i use my little pictures saved on my computer
you are an enlightened intellectual sir
>>71338790
>muh dragons
>>71338565
why are you so angry mate, i'm sorry someone insulted your female house lord waifu
>>71338499
>>71338461
no need to lose it bro, no one is attacking women, but i'm sure a fine gentleman like yourself would defend a lady in need, if evil /pol/acks turned on her
>>
>>71338590
fortunately we have strong badass men like you relentlessly defending historical accuracy in dragon tv shows for teens
>>
File: image.png (57 KB, 267x342) Image search: [Google]
image.png
57 KB, 267x342
>>71331854
>>
>>71339113
>nu male c-u-c-k gets mad when my first post shows his nature.
>>
>>71339101
Suspending your disbelief for one part of the world does not necessitate suspending it for others, otherwise they could all be blob people with no relatable traits and we'd still be left with the same argument you're pulling here. Fantasy is still grounded in our world in regards to most of the things you've mentioned.
>>
>>71339035
meanwhile you have zero arguments, you complain about post lenght, and have the nerves to call out others on their logical fallacies. fucking pathetic
>>
>>71339161
Or he finds the backwardness of fat, beta neckbeards who nitpick television shows for their boring identity politics calling anyone else a "numale cuck" in retard language to be hilarious.
>>
>>71332920
its literally the other way around desu senpai.

"you're all racists for opposing elba as the gunslinger"

"WHAT A WHITE GUY PLAYING MICHAEL JACKSON AND/OR MLK?"
>>
Will Cersei ally with EUron?
>>
>>71333432
> DANY
> reasonable

pick one
>>
File: GIF.gif (2 MB, 617x248) Image search: [Google]
GIF.gif
2 MB, 617x248
>>71338841
>>71338866
>better call him summerfag/reddit
>eat those tears
>>71338943
>stormfront is a bunch of self fellating faggots as well
>eat those tears

>>71339036
This is why it is fiction. No mater how hard you wish female dominance was/will/ever be a thing, it won't.

>>71339071
SPOILER he gives the big finger sooner than later

>>71339093
Fast travel newfag

>>71339108
You can be as gay as you want, as demonstrated by these posts.

>>71339117
>better use the NEET card, it is almost like the nigger card. Are you going to fail to ban me again cuck?

They do it for free

>>71339202
Banter

>>71339203
but it is

>>71339035
did it work?
>>
>>71339081
>Westerlands
>Belongs to Jaime since he's no longer in the King's Guard

>The North
>Jon Snow literally declared King of the North

>The Vale
>Littlefinger is running it

>Iron Islands
>Euron is presumably a man.

>Highgarden
A woman, though that wasn't going to happen until everyone else in the family exploded

>Dorne
>Canonically established as having female leadership at times throughout history

Whoops looks like you're retarded
>>
>>71339223
>elba as the gunslinger"
Dont remind me.
>>
>>71331679
>talking shit about bearloli

ishygddt
>>
>>71339184
And our world has had females in positions of power.

So what's your point?
>>
ok guys i have to go, it was fun arguing with intellectuals about women in a television show. lets just agree that one side is angry neckbeards the other is nu male cucks, and bearloli is the ultimate cute of the series.
>>
>>71339284
>Westerlands
Fair enough, I forgot Jaime was removed from the kingsguard and was back in the line of succession for it.

>The Vale
If you're following the logic that Littlefinger is running it because he has an in with Sweet Robin then Sansa is running it because she has an in with Littlefinger

>Iron Islands
Civil war
>>
>>71339449
>
If you're following the logic that Littlefinger is running it because he has an in with Sweet Robin then Sansa is running it because she has an in with Littlefinger

Jesus, /pol/ shitposters are fucking literal subhumans. That's amazing.
>>
>>71335503
i don't remember THAT from bloodborne
>>
>>71339284
>Jon Snow literally declared King of the North
Literally going to be Sansa's muppet.
>Belongs to Jaime since he's no longer in the King's Guard
Cersei commands over it
>Euron is presumably a man.
This Trump is going to be burned by two female heroes whose cuck brother watches.
>Highgarden
Only good and acceptable leader
>>
>>71331679
Because only the female characters are doing stuff. The rest are cripples, cucks, zombies or worse. The fact that the most strongwilled man in the north is a 11 year old girl is dazzling.
>>
only 3 "good" "strong" female characters

>Bear Loli
>Brienne of Tarth
>Olenna Tyrell

the rest are mary sue's and liberal feminist power trips
>>
>>71339442
>bearloli is the ultimate cute of the series.
Come on now, even old Arya is cuter, and that says a lot.
Thread replies: 187
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.