[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
L.A. Confidential
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: La_confidential.jpg (91 KB, 250x370) Image search: [Google]
La_confidential.jpg
91 KB, 250x370
Who else likes L.A. Confidential? I've watched this movie 4 or 5 times and I think it's the shit. Is it kino?
>>
>>71300916
might be my favourite film, easily top 5

best scene: Rollo Tomasi
>>
There's a problem with Kevin Spacey movies. There's either too much Spacey, or too little.

This one had too little.
>>
>>71301106
I think they balanced the three "protagonists" pretty well
>>
>>71300916
just watched it and I loved it
>>
>>71300916
Hell fucking yes it's kino
>>
>>71301059
That scene was good but the motel shootout will never not leave me rock hard
>>
>>71300916
this, the departed and se7en all make me want to become a cop after i watch them.

crowe is great in La Confidential as is pearce.
>>
File: 1441024076630.gif (2 MB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1441024076630.gif
2 MB, 200x200
>>71301187
>>71301305
alright, alright, stop it with your boners
>>
Great fucking movie, Russel Crow nailed his part, actually all of them are good.

Not sure why but I'm going to bring up The Killing for great "similar" movie
>>
I liked it a lot!
>>
That feeling when the brains and the brawns truce and become a being of pure justice
>>
>>71300916
Top quality film.
>>
>>71300916
Didn't like the ending desu. The dude with the glasses came off as just another glory hunter despite him being absolutely by the book for the rest of the movie. Didn't get it.
>>
>>71300916
one of the greatest neo-noir films
>>
>>71303078
The lesson he learns is that sometimes you have to do something "wrong" in order to serve the greater justice.

When your enemies try to use your goodness against you, for instance.
>>
Its a brilliant film, and surprised me greatly especially as I got it free with LA Noire
>>
>>71300916
Fucking incredible movie.

>CALL HIM OFF, EXLEY!

>I don't know how.
>>
the whole shutgun ed arc was kind of brilliant.
>>
so fucking comfy

i find it weird that the director hasn't really done anything remotely similar quality-wise before or since. it's pretty much a perfect movie
>>
So rewatchable. The love triangle actually works.
>>
File: Hanson.jpg (54 KB, 388x400) Image search: [Google]
Hanson.jpg
54 KB, 388x400
Curtis Hanson is a strange director. He made this and Wonder Boys, both of which were great. But since then he's made 8 Mile (meh) and bland Hollywood comedies. What happened?
>>
>>71300916
I can't believe there's a thread on /tv/ where we're all agreeing a movie is great. I'll chime in too. This movie is better than Chinatown and one of the 5 best film noirs ever made.
>>
Shit noir for faggots that are too fucking plebs for real noirs
>>
>>71300916
I've been meaning to watch it for ages, Heard irs fantastic. I rented it a couple years ago but the disc wouldn't play after 10 minutes
>>
>>71308058
>real noirs

example
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.