[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How come this faggot isn't unanimously hated? He basically
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 5
File: Bilbo-Baggins-HP.jpg (22 KB, 350x250) Image search: [Google]
Bilbo-Baggins-HP.jpg
22 KB, 350x250
How come this faggot isn't unanimously hated?

He basically kept the ring hidden for decades while it could be easily destroyed. The ring should have been destroyed BEFORE Sauron started to gain power and a massive army. That would be the end of it.

His bullshit cost lives of tens of thousands people.
>>
>>71295893
The power of the ring corrupts people.
>>
>>71295893
he kept it safe, which was the best possible thing to do

besides, how could he know how to destroy it? He didn't even know it was the one ring. Probably just thought it had an invisibility spell on it
>>
>>71295893
Oh come the fuck on, how could have POSSIBLY known its significance?
>>
How should he have known what was so special about the ring? If anything Gandalf is the moron. The Istari were sent to Middle-Earth specifically to help prevent Sauron from rising again. Yet somehow it took him a thousand years to read a book about the ring to discover how to recognise it. Why wasn't he testing every magic ring he came across?
>>
>>71295893
he was just a hobbit with a magic ring you fuck boi
no one knew it was the one ring of power until gandalf that went to minas tirith to investigate
which took 9 fuckin years in the book

the ring was at the bottom of a river for over a thousand years, people forgot

this is explained to you at the beginning of the movie you twat
>>
>>71295893
you're confusing him with Isildur senpai. As far as Bilbo knew it was just an invisibility cloak.
>>
>>71296302
Well, I think at the end of the day, Eru is the biggest asshole for not just using his omnipotence to sort these things out himself instead of getting everyone else to do it for him. I mean, imagine if you were told by your boss that you have to walk his dog, but you're not allowed to use your hands, so you have to hold the leash with one of your feet. That's practically what he's asking the Istari to do.
>Here, have a bunch of neat powers, but oh, you're not actually allowed to use them while doing the task I sent you to do :^)
>>
>>71296692
Tolkien is a fucking hack.
Why even bother inserting all kinds of characters like this Eru, if they don't make any sense?
>oh Gandalf, you dead? I got you faŠ¼
>what, could I just erase Sauron from existence then? nah mate, not really
>>
>>71296895
well he didn't really talk about Eru at all in LotR or anything that he published. He was just in his notes about the backstory to the world
it also fits with the Christfag view of God as someone who sets everything into motion and is then hands-off to allow people to exercise their free will and create their own happiness. Even sending the wizards to act as guides was big shit for him
>>
>>71296895
It's similar to Christian ideology in that way. Every kid in bible study asks the same question: "If God is so powerful how come he doesn't fix the world?" and the sunday school teacher always responds: "because the world is a big test and God wants us to prove ourselves through conflict"
>>
>>71295893
Not even Gandalf knew what the ring was until he did research on it.

Why would you expect Bilbo to know to destroy it?
>>
>>71295893
Nobody knew the significance of it.

The fact that he kept it for decades without going insane also helps his case somewhat.
>>
>>71297186
when you think about it, the fact that he had it so long and was able to give it to Frodo is pretty incredible
>>
>>71296380
>he was just a hobbit with a magic ring you fuck boi
>Gandalf literally says don't fuck with magic rings little nigga"
>doesn't suspect his best friend who looks 50 years younger than he should
>>
>>71297353
Gandalf's immortal, hangs out a shitload with Elves, Dunedain and Dwarfs, and is aware that hobbits live longer than men.
It's understandable that it took him a while to spot bilbo wasn't aging as he should.
>>
>>71297091
>>71297078
That's all well and good if it's only humans/animals inhabiting the planet, but Morgoth/Sauron are pretty god-like themselves, and entirely the responsibility of Eru. "Creating your own happiness through free will" only works if you're not killed by Satan in the apocalypse.
>>
>>71296094
this to be quite frankly honest to be honest family
>>
>>71295893
>He basically kept the ring hidden for decades while it could be easily destroyed.
>easily destroyed
>easily
You're tempting me to spout a decade old meme.
Well played.
>>
>>71296094
/thread
>>
>>71297091
My reply as a child was "well what a shit god, I'm gonna believe something better"
>>
>>71297078
>Christfag view of God as someone who sets everything into motion and is then hands-off to allow people to exercise their free will and create their own happiness.

Except that then you have religious people telling you you can't exercise your free will because it makes god mad?
>>
>>71299090
YEAH
>>
File: 1377235859747.png (141 KB, 245x316) Image search: [Google]
1377235859747.png
141 KB, 245x316
>people seriously hating on fictional characters
>>
>>71299194
>you you can't exercise your free will
If free will can be exercised if we wish to do so, how exactly DO we do it?
>>
>>71299284
I do it however I want it.
Unfortunately this clashes with all three monoteistic middle-eastern religions that want to oppress you and force you to what they want.
>>
>>71296692
This is literally atheism's main line of BS
>>
>>71298025
If I remember correctly in the Ainulindale or beginning of the Silmarillion Eru states that Morgoth ended up creating good despite his intentions because his power clashed with the other gods, so creating new wondrous things in Eru's scheme like snow and rain and other stuff like that, because Morgoth has power over extreme natural events. Morgoth is a raging 3 year old that kicks the tv in order to break and just starts it up again and his father laughs at him and says he's just a lad he'll grow out of it.
>>
>>71298025
"ok you humans, you go do your own stuff. I won't get involved"

"btw I left Satan on earth with supernatural powers, you guys gotta deal with him, peace I'm out"
>>
>>71299579
Morgoth is not Satan you retards
>>
>>71299617
how does morgoth not count as a fallen angel?

he's also the source of evil
>>
>>71299579
>you guys gotta deal with him
This is addressed in the Silmarillion too, Eru realized the Secondborn (humans) weren't as superior as the Firstborn (elves) nor as immortal and couldn't reside in Aman so he gave them the Gift of Death to escape the mortal world and go be with him directly if it got too bad
>>
>>71296255
>being this baited

Only someone that hasn't watched the movies or read the books could miss that before the events of FotR Bilbo's ring was just thought to be a normal magic ring, as normal as a magic ring can be.

This is obviously a bait thread just like the stupid fucking "why birds no help?" meme.
>>
>>71299730
elves can die too
death couldn't have been 'invented'
>>
>>71299090
>not believing something just because you don't like it
>>
>>71299694
>how does morgoth not count as a fallen angel?
That's still not satan

>he's also the source of evil
Can't be as he was good before he started wanting to make his own creation too, evil got to him
>>
>>71299846
google "tolkien admits morgoth was satan all along" and get back to me
>>
>>71299842
Taste that freedom you filthy muslim.

>>71299789
Elves only die if they are killed. They don't die of natural causes such as aging as men do.
>>
>>71295893
>He basically kept the ring hidden for decades while it could be easily destroyed.

Yeah because Bilbo knew it was Saurons ring, right?

>Easily be destroyed

And this is another fucking thing. Even without Sauron, Mordor is still filled with all manner of freaks and monsters and did you miss the fact that the ring cannot be controlled of anyone freewill? Even Frodo failed and the ring was destroyed when Gollum fell after taking it from him

You're one stupid cunt OP
>>
File: i fucked ted.png (288 KB, 650x366) Image search: [Google]
i fucked ted.png
288 KB, 650x366
>>71299248
I fucked Ted
>>
>>71299617
Middle earth is actually hell
>>
>>71299899
I'm being serious. I don't like the fact that death exists or that if eat a whole cake every day I'll get fat, but I still believe it because I'm not a crybaby bitch that refuses reality.
>>
>>71297423
Don't forget a consummate stoner.
>>
File: Promise me, Ted.jpg (17 KB, 647x340) Image search: [Google]
Promise me, Ted.jpg
17 KB, 647x340
>>71300246
Ted?
>>
>>71295893
Because even gandalf didn't know, maybe if the old fruit looked into it before it was passed on to frodo he would have been able to prevent all that shit.
>>
>>71300332
>comparing facts to religious fiction
Can you prove that the world is as it is because the christian god made it so (and if so can you prove his existence) and not because Lovecraft was right?
>>
Sauron was already rising in power when the ring slipped out of Gollum's pocket.
>>
>>71299842
>believing in something that doesn't exist just because other people like it
>>
>>71298074
ttbqfhtbhfam
>>
>>71300669
He was the necromancer that locked up Gandalf in his rape tower wasn't he?
>>
>>71299842
Considering that religion is a private matter and there's no proof that a monotheistic god exists, I'm gonna believe in my own gods that I created for myself and justify everything through them. They are as legit as any monotheistic god, in fact they're even better.
>>
>>71299842
>you're not allowed to choose your beliefs system and/or religion
Spot the muslim.
>>
>>71299789
Elves stay in the world, even if they are killed. Their souls are bound to the world while men go somewhere else.
>>
>>71299842
Atheist here, I don't believe in things that don't exist. Do you believe in things that don't exist anon? Or pehaps you think one should be forced to follow religion whether they like it or not? Especially if it controls their thoughts and daily lives?
>>
>>71295893
Nobody knew it was the One Ring. Gandalf had an "oh shit wait a minute" moment and went to the Isengard archives and found the description of the One Ring and confirmed it when he threw it in the fire.
>>
>>71301102
>religion teaches stupid/wrong/barbaric thing
>I disagree with this, I reject this belief, I want to believe in something better.
>OMG NO ANON YOU CAN'T DO THAT YOU MUST BLINDLY FOLLOW WHAT THE RELIGION SAYS YOU CAN'T THINK YOUR OWN THOUGHTS STOP QUESTIONING THINGS
>>
>>71296380
Why would it take 9 years to research that? I'm interested in this
>>
>>71301775
you responded to the wrong person idiot
>>
>>71300341
Smoke longbottom everyday.
>>
>>71300801
No,that was Saruman.

>>71301144
Do you even Halls of Mandos?
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.