[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Season 1 was the best, went gradually downhill afterwards
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 188
Thread images: 20
File: got.jpg (64 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
got.jpg
64 KB, 800x450
Discuss.
>>
>>71294502
You're right, there's nothing to discuss.
>>
>>71294740
this
>>
>>71294740
this
>>
>>71294502
4 was best
>>
>>71296355
this
>>
File: image.png (868 KB, 1156x771) Image search: [Google]
image.png
868 KB, 1156x771
>>
>>71294502
>gradually
>>
>>71294502
Season 1 was the worst.
>>
>>71296408
this
>>
Season 6 was the best. Battles and lore>character discussions. Replaced Breaking Bad as #1 show ever.
>>
>>71296464
this
>>
File: 0838 - IRF5MHA.jpg (8 KB, 222x216) Image search: [Google]
0838 - IRF5MHA.jpg
8 KB, 222x216
>>71294502
>watch season 1 a few months after it's done airing after everyone flipping shit about show
>like it
>read book 2 on
>show hasn't been up to scruff with book yet

I just want GRRM to release the next one already
>>
Feminism is good, but no political agenda, liberal or reactionary should be allowed to hijack a piece of art/entertainment, unless the piece of art/entertainment was originally conceived with a political agenda. As far as I know neither GRRM's books nor the TV show, were initially conceived in this way.
>>
>>71296555
so you skipped book 1? fucking retard
>>
File: 1443954889433.jpg (29 KB, 400x387) Image search: [Google]
1443954889433.jpg
29 KB, 400x387
>>71294502
Wasn't really gradual. It was good until the second half of the 5th season. After that it went to shit, and especially after Stannis died.

Not even mentioning S6, which is nothing more than official fan fiction.
>>
Where does season 6 fit into this, now that it's pretty much over?

I think that season 5 is easily the worst for obvious reasons. It was also when the show truly became 100% self aware and moved on from pandering for the sake of fan-service to pandering for the sake of bullshit reasons (mostly gurl power)

I'd say season 6 is next. It could bump up a spot if the finale is awesome (if they have SOME sort of revelation at Oldtown, SOME sort of revelation at TOJ, SOME sort of worthwhile burning of Kings Landing), but I've been every episode I go into with high hopes and end up disappointed. There have been individual good episodes this season, but as a whole the show's writing has fallen off the rails. The intimacy and scope which made the show endearing is blown to shit, it is purely about making it to the end-game now.

Next I'd say season 3. I kinda liked the Theon torture, but it was tenuous. Stannis was bad from what I remember. Good moments with the stealing the unsullied, Blackfish, and Jamie, but it was a bit too corny at times with the wildlings and the red wedding. Best episode was Cogmans.

Then season 4, which was also corny, but had stronger individual episodes. Oberyn carried most of the season, and there was some pretty ridiculous OC, but it wasn't that bad. Purple Wedding was good, Locke OC was ok, trial was good, viper vs mountain could have been so much better but it was still good. Battle at the wall may have been my favorite battle. Only Cat was retardedly bad.

Season 2 and then 1 are so much better its not even funny. Even though 2 is less exciting than 1 from a plot standpoint, it is at least a well-paced, engaging, interesting show. The only weak point was parts of Qarth, especially house of the undying. Theon was great, Stannis was ok, Kings Landing was great, King in da norf was engaging.

1 was obviously eternal GOAT. Such a shame that the show is utter shite nowadays. makes me sad.
>>
>>71296507
(you)
>>
>>71296439
will the sneks be back tonight?
>>
where do you get the courage to post these unpopular opinions
>>
>>71296507
>lore

The action was great. The situations that lead up to it and even some decisions during the sequences were stupid.
>>
>>71296507
4U
>>
File: Disgusting.gif (472 KB, 250x233) Image search: [Google]
Disgusting.gif
472 KB, 250x233
>>71297082

I fucking hope not
>>
>>71297127
There is no "lore" this season. And every time I find myself starting to enjoy something in the show, I'm taken out of the moment because all writing that led to that point made no sense.
>>
>>71297268
That's what I said.
Mystery of the White Walkers
>20sec scene of a literally who getting shanked with a dragonglass knife
>Becomes NK
>"We had to defend us. From you. From men."

Bran learns greenseeing
>lel he doesn't he touches old man willow's wood and teleports NK to his location
>everybody dies
>Hodador conveniently shoved in to get it out of the way

Coldhands is Benjen
>because if they shank you on the verge of dying you become a sentient wight instead of a WW

Ramsey kills Roose
>shank

Dorne plotline aborted
>shank

>shank
>Shank
>SHANK

Daenerys escapes the Khalasar
>LEL STILL FIREPROOF EVEN THOUGH IT WASA ONE TIME THING IN THE BOOKS

Poitical dialogue completely replaced by
>LEEEEEEL BIG GOG XDDDD
>LEEEEEEEEL NO GOG XDDDD
>>
>>71297489
FUCK THIS SHOW GOD DAMNIT

At this point, I literally do only watch for tits and dragons
>>
>>71296355
It would be true, if not for the last episode
>>
>>71297022
same goes for the book, anon.
except storm of swords=s3+best parts of s4, so storm of swords is the best book by far.
affc and adwd are utter shit
>>
>>71297559
Yea, that was the first episode when I was thinking "what the fuck are they doing?"
>>
>>71297268
>no lore this season

uh, what is HOLD THE DOOR? dumbass
>>
>>71297022
1 > 2 > 4 > 3 > 6 > 5
>>
>>71297489
they literally shit all over tyrions' character, why the fuck didn't they go with the depressed angry dwarf route?
>>
the timeline for this show seems so fucked up, if you think about it, the white walkers have been traveling to the wall since the end of season 2. if you break it down since the end of the season 2, you can probably find thousands of errors or plot holes inconsistencies, its these details that make this show complete shit at this point
>>
>>71297703
more like what the fuck are they doing to stannis
>>
>>71297739
yes, anon
>>
>>71297715
Literally plebbit.
>>
>>71297022
>House of the Undying

Man, I was looking forward to seeing the horror aspects of that scene in the book. The UNDYING themselves. The corpse banquet. And also the scene with Rhaegar.

"He is the prince that was primosed. His is the song of ice and fire."
>>
>>71297082
Rumour has it there is quick Snek scene to set up for the next season. Since Varys will most likely trying to get them to ally with Daenerys.
>>
>>71297761
but this season they showed the white walker army just likes to stand around on hillsides until there's a plot element that needs to them to be somewhere, wherein they teleport there in the span of an episode
>>
>>71297559
What was wrong with the last episode? I thought the fight between Brienne and the Hound was tense as fuck, and I liked seeing Tyrion getting his revenge.

I knew Tywin's death would be a loss for the show, but it's hardly something to blame on the quality of the episode.

It did put the show on a path that wasn't as good as it had been, but it's not because of the quality of the episode.
>>
>>71297761
>teleporting ships and characters
>not taking relative distances into account to do the editing properly

fucking
D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D
>>
>>71297809
One of the most emotion scene of all time, explained entire character's lore and history, how is that Reddit?

you were on the edge of your seat for it and now it is just cool to hate it so you can feel your fedora for the day
>>
File: jesus fuck.png (957 KB, 1351x557) Image search: [Google]
jesus fuck.png
957 KB, 1351x557
>>71297755
Because LE WITTY DWARF.
I imagine if they had made him a complex, grey character like in the books, the media would be at their throats for casting a bad light onto the dwarf community.

>>71297761
Yep.
>>
>>71296508
This
>>
>>71297885
it was a shit explanation for a literal MEME character and the situation that led to it was even more stupid
>>
>>71297861
The Brienne vs Hound duel was well done, but stupidly inserted. As always. Because Brienne keeps bumping into the Stark daughters on the show on every turn and somehow manages to bungle it every time.

Tyrion getting his revenge was good, if not for Muh Tysha.
>>
>>71297715
That was very dumb. Could have been improved by
>actually establishing what bloodraven was doing with the flashbacks instead of giving sydow 3 lines before killing him. "the ink is set" "uh but i just yelled at my dad and he heard me pls explain this for me im getting confused"
>being competent showrunners and not killing off characters who have had no showtime in 4 years but you dont know what else to do with them. hodor, osha, rickon, blackfish, leaf, summer, balon, soon to be lancel, kevan, etc.
>by not being fucking illogical retards. why is there a door in a tree? or a backdoor i guess? what good is holding a door for an extra minute going to do against ADHD zombies? if they were true wights i could see this, but the show has changed them into full blown psycho zombies. why is bran still warging? what is he even doing? WHY IS HE STILL IN THE PAST? BLOODRAVEN IS DEAD. HES OUT FROM THE TREE. WHY CAN HE HEAR MEERA YELLING AT HIM. THEY LITERALLY PORTRAYED IT AS HIM BEING ASLEEP
>>
>>71297885

Stable time loops are shit and it was awfully done.
>>
1 > 2 > 3 > 4 > 5

6 is shaping up to go in between 4 and 5, thus ruining the decline
>>
>>71297824
I think that was the clear sign from the show that they chose not to fully adapt the books because they were not capable of doing so.
>>
>>71298040
>ADHD zombies

kek, that almost quelled my anger.

Anyone else annoyed that after making them skellingtons, they also implemented the old "disabling the head will disable the body" routine?
Wights can fall to pieces, and every piece should still strive to attack. Othor's hand did in the books, and so did the arm that stabbed Jojen on the show.
>>
>>71298083
6 is the worst, what are you talking about?
>>
>>71297885
I was not on the edge of my sheet because I am autistic and knew that there was no tension. I was also trying to figure out what the show was trying to even convey. Is Bran warging young or old hodor? Is young hodor in the future now? What is future hodor doing? Is he in the past? Should I even care?
>>
>>71294502
Agreed for the most part except season 2 was absolutely terrible.
>>
>>71298186
I think the only things I liked about 6 so far was Ungregor subzero'ing a sparrow and Osha returning for two scenes.
>>
>>71297939
>not even dragon types
As expected of plebs.
>>
>>71298186
5 was an abortion through and through. 6 is similarly retarded, but at least plotlines are reaching resolution (albeit horribly). That is the only thing redeems it
>>
>>71298258
Ha, imagine Drogonite :P
>>
>>71298304
>>71298186
Battle of the Bastards puts it above anything in season 5, if only for being well-shot and nothing else
>>
>>71297739
This is the perfect ranking.
>>
Not much to discuss. First season is brilliant, the two after that are good, fourth one devolves into Lost tier basic network shit and the last two are pure shit like really fucking bad.
>>
>>71298304
5 had snektits. I am ashamed how they implemented them in a gratuitous way into a pointless scene, but snektits themselves were gorgeous.

Any femanons aroused by House Ballwart ("We are coming") in the mummer's play in S6?
>>
What are the best scenes of each season?
>>
>>71298361
the camerawork with Jon struggling his way up through a pile of corpses and the first aroow volley were great.
>>
>>71298361
It was well shot but it was terribly inaccurate and lackluster. Their lack of men is still clearly visible, and out of ~9000 men that were supposed to fight we only got like 500 extras.

Jon Snow also keeps getting cucked by Sansa's stronk womyn arc, but that's another story.
>>
>>71298361
The episode wasnt that good. In fact, it kinda pisses me off that their idea of a good effort in the show is just throw money and make it a big spectacle. I liked the mereen parts better than the north, because thats what would actually happen. It made sense. It wasnt overblown for the sake of being overblown. Id rather have a more subdued episode 9 if it means episode 8 will have the funding to not be a total shitfest.
>>
>>71298457
>1
Barristan quits
>2
Blackwater
>3
Red Wedding, anything with Punished Beric, Jon and Ygritte fucking in the cave.
>4
Viper vs Mountain, wall fight, Joffrey croaking
>5
Snektits
>6
BoB and maybe King's Landing going POOF?
>>
>>71298571
>I liked the mereen parts better than the north
top fucking kek
>>
>>71298597

Addendum:
>2
Jaqen killing dudes: "Unname me!", Last second Amory Lorch blowdart execution
>4
The fuck's a Lommy?!
>>
>>71298597
this is 100% accurate
>>
>>71298597
>2
Cupbearer Arya with stern Grandaddy Tywin
>>
File: 52k5wRHHc7xh1GKOszr4VnyfRck.jpg (18 KB, 540x343) Image search: [Google]
52k5wRHHc7xh1GKOszr4VnyfRck.jpg
18 KB, 540x343
>>71298597

>Barristan

Please don't remind me of how the Greatest Swordsman To Have Ever Lived in Westeros died.
>>
>>71298457
First ones that come to mind
>cersei and robert discussing lyanna
>Blackwater
>jamie and brienne in the hot tub
>tywin counseling tommen? oberyn declaring for tyrion? watchers on the wall was good
>uhhh probably maester aemon kill the boy. wait no easily hardhome
>uhhhhh i liked TOJ even though it was butchered. or maybe the scene where arya says a girl has no name. or the scene with the cock joke. or when tyrion has awkward moments with missandei and greyworm. best episodes were easily the Cogman episodes
>>
>>71294740
this

/thread
>>
>>71298757
Or how the fearsome metal masks were transferred from the Brazen Beasts, Dany's special forces, to the harpies.
WHERE WERE THE FUCKERS GETTING ALL THOSE MASKS FROM
WAS THERE NO SECURITY AT THE ARENA
>>
>>71298605
At least dany rode the dragons and fucked shit up. Its been fucking 5 years of blue balls, its about time they address the dragon in the room
>>
>>71298801
>Brienne Hot Tub scene
>Gigawoman buttcheeks
>Punished Jaime being based

Beautiful. I forgot how low my favourite character has fallen.
>>
>>71298801
nice one too
stopped reading before last line though...
>>
>>71298878
yes but with the same fucking "twist", the same fucking musical theme, and the same fucking danny face again ???
come on, an episode ago dany was at the same point than at the end of season 1/2/3/4
>>
>>71298982
Which is why it had no impact. Her entire arc has been awful. BUT they needed to have a scene of her wrecking shit on dragons. She did not need a scene of her getting Mhysa'd, she did not need a scene of her burning khals and being badass and naked, she did not need a scene of her giving drogos speech from season 1 again word for word.
>>
>>71297082
Hopefully Varys kills them instead of Kevan & Pycelle (it doesn't have to make sense)
>>
>>71297939
>Hold
>The
>Doo
>R

>R on its own

my autism triggered
>>
>>71299098
at least we can agree on that for sure, but now nothing will erase her smug face and her shitty arc i fear
>>
>>71299098
Sudden realization.
2 Terminator references this season.
>Daenerys exiting the burning yurt
>W-1000
>>
>>71299192
You can also read it as
>Hold the Odor
Because of how the lines break down.

Yeah, stop smelling.
>>
The thing that keeps me from enjoying the show is how absolutely fuckawful the characterization is for pretty much all characters. It's what I like most about the books, all those great character arcs for Jaime, Theon, Sansa and so on.

The fact that they completely butchered Jaime, who is my favorite in the books, makes me even more annoyed. Fuck, they did so well with him in the first 3 seasons and then it went all to shit. What a waste of a great character and actor.
>>
>>71299356
You could already see the signs when they had him personally murder the Cleos Frey stand-in.
>>
Have they ever made a big deal out of kinslaying in the show? Can't remember.
>>
>>71299443
Yeah that was shit, but not completely irredeamable. The bathtub scene in S3 was really good.

It's like they stopped caring about him starting with S4. Jaime, Stannis, Euron and Loras are the most butchered characters by far in the show.
>>
>>71299356
He's a different character to how he is in the book. That doesn't mean he's trash.
>>
>>71299647
He is though. What has he done of note since arriving in King's Landing? Being Cersei's personal lapdog?
>>
>>71299614
Renly was like a completely different character.
>>
>>71299724
RAEP
>>
>>71299524
Kind of when stannis did it? But hardly at all. It is greatly encouraged this season
>balon
>roose
>walla
>baby roose
>trystane
>doran
>sansa pretty much killed rickon

Am I forgetting any other kinslewn?
>>
>>71297082
they kill the mountain... again
>>
>>71299740
Him too, yeah. I can't believe how many people are praising GoT for being progressive when they turned Renly and Loras into stereotypical flamers. Loras fantasizing about wedding dresses was borderline offensive.

Glad they didn't have Jon Connington in the show, the writers are pure shit with gay characters.
>>
>>71299724
He's gone from being ashamed of his relationship with his sister to happily brining it up with anyone. His daughter being understanding of him has quite clearly had a big impact on him, and of course her sudden death has made him much more of a bitter person than what he was set to become pre-season 5.
>>
>>71299880
They also butchered the Dorne succession rights, which ARE quite progressive for the setting, for MUH STONG WXMXN
>>
>>71299880
>Glad they didn't have Jon Connington in the show
That's because in his scenes he'd be too old for fangirls.
>>
>>71300036
It's fucking ridiculous how they butchered Dorne. People love to mock the book Dorne but it was literally perfect for TV. It's a simple self contained story, has strong womyn for feminists, some violence and a memorable ending.
>>
>>71300190
Ah, but you see: Women who are not belligerent in a personal way are not strong to feminists.

See Rey being praised as the first SW Stronk Womyn because Leia "didn't do enough". Nor Padme in the arena.
>>
File: 1466529558795.jpg (2 MB, 1000x2271) Image search: [Google]
1466529558795.jpg
2 MB, 1000x2271
When compared to the rest? Sure.

But when compared to the books? It was a shitpile, just like the rest of it.

Even back then, they started rewriting shit.

Whitewashing Cersei's character was already present there and I'm really sad that all my fears about the future seasons came true.
>>
>>71297959
that
>>
>>71300305
S1 was the best adaptation they could've done really. Of course there were some changes, but it was still very accurate to the book, something that usually doesn't happen with adaptations.

Wish they could've kept that quality.
>>
File: GoT Updog.jpg (106 KB, 429x960) Image search: [Google]
GoT Updog.jpg
106 KB, 429x960
I miss sad naive Dany
>>
>>71297861
That's when it all started to look glim as far as writing goes. That's when they fucked up Jamies arch and missed on some great lines between the Lannister boys, including Tywin.
>>
File: Mya Stone.jpg (65 KB, 555x768) Image search: [Google]
Mya Stone.jpg
65 KB, 555x768
>>71300458

Dude, they completely obliterated the fact that Cersei was the one who ordered the deaths of Robert's bastards and shifted it on Joffrey to further vilify.

Then they decided to have that scene between Cersei and Robert where they talk about her having given birth to an actual son of Robert's, when we know from the books she made sure to abort every time she wasn't sure the kid was Jaime's.
>>
>>71300561
You can tell the only reason they do that is because they have a good relationship with the actress because there's literally no reason to make her misunderstood or grey in any fashion.
>>
>>71300561
Now what's wrong with those changes?
>>
>>71300664

Cersei is plain old narcissistic psychopath.

She has nothing redeemable about her character.

They completely changed that in the show.

Did they even bother to bring up how she killed Melara Heatherspoon at the age of 10 by pushing her down a well?

Or how she sold a mother of Robert's bastard from Lannisport into slavery and had the child killed?
>>
>>71300750
>Did they even bother to bring up how she killed Melara Heatherspoon at the age of 10 by pushing her down a well?

No, Jaime's the murdering rapist psychopath.
>>
>>71298597

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5eyJin4R18

>Forgetting the end of season 2 with Theon's speech

One of the best additions that wasn't in the books
>>
>>71298757
>Greatest swordsman to have ever lived in Westeros
>not Arthur Dayne
Barristan is a close second
>>
File: Old Nan.jpg (425 KB, 624x2464) Image search: [Google]
Old Nan.jpg
425 KB, 624x2464
>>71300798
>>
>>71300750
They fucked that up in the later seasons, in first season it was important to make Joffrey the clear main antagonist and having him order the bastard killings makes sense.
>>
>>71300803
Yeah ok, that was funny.
Also
>HONK
>HONK
>HONKHONKHONKHONKHONK
>I'll kill that fookin cunt
>>
>>71300816

They actually argue this in the books and they never reach an agreement.
>>
>>71300928
>>71300803

How did I forget this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUTQg7PzJ48

Also a great scene, think this wasn't in the book either.
>>
>>71301019
Greyjoy Theme is great.
>>
>>71300798

Of course he is.

Which reminds me:

>Jaime doesn't tell Tyrion about Tysha
>goes to Dorne
>sees Myrcella poisoned before his very eyes
>does nothing about it

The show has been absolutely horrible to so many characters.

>The Imp turned away from her. “The first time I wed, there was us and a drunken septon, and some pigs to bear witness. We ate one of our witnesses at our wedding feast. Tysha fed me crackling and I licked the grease off her fingers, and we were laughing when we fell into bed.”

>“You were wed before? I . . . I had forgotten.”

>“You did not forget. You never knew.”

>“Who was she, my lord?” Sansa was curious despite herself.

>“Lady Tysha.” His mouth twisted. “Of House Silverfist. Their arms have one gold coin and a hundred silver, upon a bloody sheet. Ours was a very short marriage . . . as befits a very short man, I suppose.”
>>
>>71300750
I dont mind, first season cersei was probably a better character than book cersei t b h

the 7 minute long scene between her and robert in e5 is pretty based
>>
File: GoT Illusions JT.jpg (66 KB, 438x730) Image search: [Google]
GoT Illusions JT.jpg
66 KB, 438x730
Did Tywin incredibly unsubtley butcher a stag in the book?
>>
>>71301242
That's a pretty funny pic
>>
>>71301242

Fairly certain that wasn't in the books.

Was he the greatest casting choice and character overall? Even if I don't watch the show anymore I keep coming back to watch his scenes

>Harrenhal scenes with Arya
>Him and Olenna
>Skinning the stag
>Advice to Tommen

List goes on. He's just so good.
>>
>>71301242
No, but show!Tywin was actually a good character.
>cupbearer scenes convey how he earnestly cares for his family's legacy
>>
REMINDER: Don't forget to cancel your HBO Now subscription after tonight!
>>
>>71301126
I like both book Cersei and show Cersei. It's one of those changes I don't mind because both versions are interesting to read/watch in my opinion.

Lena is also a good actress and constantly gives one of the best performances in the show.
>>
>>71301389
>And miss out on the night of

How do we rid GoT of plebs?
>>
File: Shit_eating_grin.jpg (22 KB, 369x393) Image search: [Google]
Shit_eating_grin.jpg
22 KB, 369x393
3 > 1 > 6 > 2 > 4 > 5
>>
>>71301355
First season had a perfect casting all around though.
>>
>>71301498
>dat Viserys
Man, he was so good.
>>
>>71301472
this desu
>>
Probably, he is a perfect Tywin.

Sean Bean would be #1 if he looked more like show Benjen.
>>
Seriously, season 2 was such a disappointment in comparison to season 1.
>>
>>71301498

No casting was as good as Bobby “Big Bad Based Bold Brave Ballsy Brazen Bawdy Bulky Blobby Bubbly Bulbous Bearded Blessed Brilliant Beloved Beautiful Bountiful Benevolent Bombastic Boisterious Belligerent Bodatious Bewhiskered Baritonal Bellicose Behemothic Blood-Bringing Bone-Busting Barbarian-Butchering Bull-Bisecting Bear-Bruising Beast-Bashing Bastard-Beheading Brat-Beating Blasphemy-Barking Book-Bludgeoning Bottom-Booting Bitch-Belting Beaver-Bombing Bra-Breaching Bush-Buttering Bosom-Boarding Beta-Besting Boob-Banging Brothel-Befuddling Butt-Bouncing Belly-Bumping Barrel-Bodied Bed-Breaking Bench-Bending Bladder-Bursting Bowel-Blasting Booze-Breathing Beer-Bleeding Beef-Belching Burger-Biting Bean-Boiling Bacon-Bringing Baby-Brightening Boar-Blocking Boss Bro Bobby B Baratheon” B
>>
>>71299880
Wasn't Renly a flamer in the books as well?

My problem with Show Renly was that he was a beta bitch boy, and not the charismatic everyone-loves-him Book Renly that Brienne wanted to avenge and flippantly taunted Stannis at the meet
>>
Season 6 is the worst. Butchering Jaime's character development cannot be forgiven. But among other things there's Dorne in episode 1 plus Dany and Tyrion antics throughout which culminate to make this the worst season of all time.

The only enjoyable part of S6 I can recall is the re-introduction of The Hound.
>>
i lost interest after the neon green battle in season 3
>>
File: alsoinadditionto.jpg (55 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
alsoinadditionto.jpg
55 KB, 500x500
>>71301841
aka bobby bottleservice
>>
>>71301878
Considering that many people didn't even pick up on him being gay I would say no.
>>
>>71301355
Worst casting choice (by far) is Emilia Clarke. I think we can all agree on that right?

On her best she was already not pretty enough to play Dany, and now that shes a massive hambeast its just laughable. More importantly, she's an awful actress and really brings the show down, specially because shes one of the protagonists, with a lot of screen time.
>>
>>71302042

I'd say she's a perfect casting. She's annoying, petulant, and constantly looks like she has no clue what she's doing.
>>
>>71302042
The bigger problem is that Dany is a boring, badly written character
>>
>>71301971
It's pretty well suggested he's gay in the books
>>
>there was nothing gradual about it. It had a steep plunge in quality from season 3 onward
>>
>>71301841
Robert was based af but he looked nothing like book Robert, Charles Dance was perfect in every way
>>
>>71302266

Yes Dance was perfect but I still Robert was as he should be. Clearly a man who was handsome and strong at one time but just got fat and lazy.
>>
>>71302266
>book robert
big fat fuck

>mark addy
big fat fuck

????
>>
>>71302134
>The bigger problem is that Dany is a boring, badly written character

This. If anything Emilia's perfect for the job, since she shows how insufferable Dany would seem to any impartial observer
>>
>>71302084
>>71302134
Theres no excuse for Dany not being top tier eye candy, and its even worse when the random 7/10 they pick is also a horrible actress and morphs into a pile of lard a couple seasons in.

When you cant fap to show daenerys its obvious something went very wrong.
>>
>>71294502
Wrong, 4 was the best one
>>
Wiki fag. Just watched 3 Preston videos in a row. Completely disinterested in reading the books now. Please tell me Preston is as autistic as people say and he just overthinks everything
>>
>>71302726
He's making shit up for the youtube monies.
>>
>>71302726

What the fuck is a Preston?
>>
>>71302303
>>71302320

Mark Addy is kind of a manlet tho, Robert is supposed to be almost like the mountain in build but fatter and older.

Not even complaining since addy was perfect, but if we are discussing who is the #1 cast then yeah.
>>
>>71302824

When you get that old and fat you shrink a bit. Gravity takes a toll.
>>
>>71302861
you dont shrink a foot in height and width tho lol
>>
>>71302802
bwc from BangBros
>>
>>71298597
Tyrion's trial was the best from S4 after Viper vs Mountain
>>
>>71301359
In a way he is one of the more tragic characters
>Tries to make his family respected or at least feared again
>Brings wealth and peace to the realm as Hand for 20 years
>All this garners him the envy of the King, his former friend
>His firstborn son is a prodigy with a sword, but not politics
>His daughter is dumb, but thinks highly of herself
>His last son is stunted and an imp, possibly not even his and killed his wife, the only person he really loved. (still a dick move to hate Tyrion for that)
>Still tries to do his best for his family
>Heir becomes Kingsguard (literally only because Aerys wanted to spite Tywin, not because Jaime was good)
>Also, son that you dislike, but who is still a Lannister marries a commoner, just another spot on the good family name
>Children are also incestuous
>Or addicted to whores and wine
>Grandson is a fucking monster and a idiot who does his best to fuck over your accomplishments
I feel a bit sorry always for that man, he tried so hard, and ultimately just got killed for a logical, but minor reason

>>71301355
Charles Dance portrayed Tywin spot on, stern, harsh and calculating
His scenes were always godly
You forgot a few others that were beautiful
>Tyrion demanding Tywin when he did something solely for the benefit for the family
>Joffrey acting as if Robert won the war, instead of Tywin
>Tywyn naming Tyrion the Hand in his stead
Man, I miss him the most of all the characters
>>
>>71303897
Tywyns relantionship with his children reminds of my family. Me and my brother are two of the most useless wastes of air to ever walk this earth despite all ofy fathers efforts.
>>
>>71303897
The line Pycelle delivered during the wake of Tywin struck me
>I have served six kings, but here before us lies the greatest man I ever knew. Lord Tywin wore no crown, yet he was all a king should be
>>
>>71294502
yeah well obviously, they needed to make a well written, well directed and well acted show, then these people started watching:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cK3P3E05xac

so they can push out any old heap of shite and they'll lap it up
>>
>>71304508
Disgusting.
>>
File: waldor.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
waldor.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
i just finished rewatching season 1 today. each season uses less and less until we're left with:
>happy shitting
>i think and i drink

its a pain
>>
>>71303897
>possibly not even his

I dont remember Tyrion's legitimacy being called into question?
>>
>>71304661

Tywin made comments about it a few times, I don't think he actually thought it but was just a way to piss Tyrion off. And considering how perfect everyone else in the family is most people would probably believe it if Tywin disowned him.
>>
>>71297885
>on the edge of your seat
yep, hurling puke into a bucket at the sheer stupidity of D&D once again.

I think r/gameofthrones would be more to your liking.
>>
how long until it´s on?
>>
>>71305418
>I think r/gameofthrones would be more to your liking.
kek do they still actually like it?
>>
>>71296355
It might come as a close third to s2, but most people like it because of that scene with Tyrion even though it was shitty overacting.
>>
>>71299356
Stannis had only 1 good season (2) before they fucked him up.

I hate that. Book Stannis = based, Stephen Dillane = based. And yet they screwed him up so badly.
>>
>>71303897
He used the members of his family like pieces in a game and took great pleasure in tormenting and cucking his dwarf son who only ever wanted to be allowed to contribute more meaningfully to the family. No matter how tragic he might have been he was still a controlling, spiteful cunt and one of the most evil characters in GoT.
>>
Stannis and Davos are the most overrated characters desu.
>>
>>71294502
slightly downhill from 1-2-3, a bit moreso 4, fell off a cliff 5, continued falling 6, will hit rock bottom 7
>>
>>71305850

Because Dillane hated working on the show and so became the bad guy so he could get written out.
>>
>>71297022
It seems like you think a big plot important event would make S6 better when thats not the case. The reason the last few seasons have been bad is because they handle big plot defining events badly. Jon attacking Winterfell could have been off the walls, and it was pretty good. But it was cheapened by a lot of nonsensical things.
>>
>>71294502
I've heard about them shitty books, from what I reckon, the show has been getting better the more it deviates from the books. George michael martin is an awful writer and the show elevated his work.
>>
>>71296507
Breaking Bad is still best because of the realistics and based Walt. Imagine if both shows had a crossover lol????
>>
>>71297939
Report those to nintendo, they fucked up and put charmander in there. Nintendo's Nazgûls will take care of it in a matter of hours.
>>
File: le happy merchant.jpg (19 KB, 220x220) Image search: [Google]
le happy merchant.jpg
19 KB, 220x220
>>71296658
>Feminism is good
>>
1 > 3 > 2 > 4 > 6 > 5
>>
>>71306712
This.
>>
File: 1317060266407.jpg (8 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
1317060266407.jpg
8 KB, 160x160
>>71294502

The show has decayed in every single aspect - from the writing to the costuming.

The fall-off is particularly steep in S5 and 6. D&D truly can't write for shit.
>>
>>71296555
Same family (although I did read book 1 after watching season 1). I still don't know how much of my dislike of season 2 onwards is due to my reading of the source material beforehand or an objective drop in show quality.
>>
File: GameOfThrones_S2_Talisa_01.jpg (74 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
GameOfThrones_S2_Talisa_01.jpg
74 KB, 1280x720
The exact moment at which the show was doomed.
>>
>>71308052
This is true.

I have no idea why they felt the need to stray from the books here. It made zero sense and really fucked up Robb's entire arc too.
>>
File: 1461622321858.jpg (1 MB, 1200x1690) Image search: [Google]
1461622321858.jpg
1 MB, 1200x1690
Join the official #/tv/ stream at one of these URLs:

http://96.47.225.155:9720/on3
http://199.195.248.155:10701/niggers.ts
http://hotmemes.online:2345/benis

Play em in VLC player.
[OPEN VLC -> CTRL+N -> PASTE AN URL -> PLAY]

You can also join us on IRC at https://qchat.rizon.net/?nick=on3-...&channels=/tv/&uio=d4
Thread replies: 188
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.