[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When Chef in Apocalypse Now says "never get out of the boat",
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: chef1[1].jpg (39 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
chef1[1].jpg
39 KB, 320x240
When Chef in Apocalypse Now says "never get out of the boat", is there some sort of symbolic meaning to this or is it just literal?
>>
>>71283318
Probably just literal,get out of the boat and you are just stuck in the jungle with gooks that want to kill you.
>>
He literally got his head cut off for not getting out of the boat
>>
is that tom hardy?
>>
>>71283318

It's mostly literal. bumping to save bread.
>>
Chef was being literal. Willard interprets the boat as representing modern society. Kurtz left the boat and went out into the wilderness, and he's lost in a world of violence and madness with no basis in morality.
>>
>>71283934
Tom hardy was 5 when this movie came out you fucking idiot
>>
Look at what happened to all the people who left the boat
>>
>>71285861
So you're saying Apocalypse Now was a big movie for him?
>>
>>71285887

At that time? I guess....
>>
>>71286231
If I take off that movie role, would he die?
>>
>>71286298
It would be extremely unproductive
>>
>>71283318
Apocalypse now is a story about a man who's traveling the river of insanity to seek out the heart of darkness.

When traveling on the river of insanity, never get out of the boat. It'll be the last thing you do.
>>
>>71287115
You're a big director
>>
>>71287718
In your possesion
>>
Why is his name chef if he is in the army?
>>
the boat is the normal, the known and the safe

off the boat is the dangerous, the mistery and the hurt

and tigers and shit no mango is worth that
>>
>>71288255

army chefs exist you know. or maybe he did something to earn the nickname chef like cook and eat something weird or he has a weird passion for cooking or whatever
>>
>>71288255
Because he was a Saucier in New Orleans. And he is in the Navy.
>>
>>71283318

He was being Britain post brexit, realized how tough things are outside the boat (EU) and regretted his decision.
>>
File: gravy460.jpg (13 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
gravy460.jpg
13 KB, 460x276
since he was a chef, he was referring to a gravy boat

stay in the boat and life is gravy
>>
>>71289007
this
You all underestimate Kubrick as a seer/director, t b h
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.