[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If I take that mask off, will you die?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: images.jpg (5 KB, 299x168) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5 KB, 299x168
If I take that mask off, will you die?
>>
File: images.jpg (4 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
4 KB, 300x168
Insha'Allah
>>
>>71270151
I mean, I guess
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (31 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
31 KB, 1280x720
>>71270151
extremely hurt in this scenario
>>
You'll get upvotes, likes and retweets for sure my friend
>>
>>71270231
Are you saying it would cause pain to you?
>>
I don't think this has been mentioned before, so I figured I'd give my two cents on it.
The plane scene has several instances of synecdoche in it, and I think synecdoche has a key role in the messages the scene conveys.
The first line spoken in the film is a synecdoche - "I'm CIA." This is pretty interesting because CIA himself is limiting his identity to the organisation he works for. We can assume this is because his morals and values line up with those of the CIA: CIA's association with his organisation is so strong that it's become the dominant feature of his personality. We could imagine CIA to be the sort of person to have neglected his personal life in working for The Agency, so much so that he'd probably have very little going for him if he didn't have his job.
The line, "Lotta loyalty for a hired gun!" is a clear example of synechdoche, describing Bane's henchmen as nothing more than their weapons - disposbale pawns in Bane's plan.
When Bane says, "Nobody cared who I was 'til I put on the mask," he's referring to his new villainous persona, so simplifying his change in character to putting on his mask is another instance of synecdoche.
"Have we started the fire?"
The brother is asking if the seeds of anarchy and destruction have been planted rather than a literal fire starting, although fires will be involved.
When Pavel's referred to as "Your prize," Masquitto is referring to Dr Pavel as well as the prize CIA would get from retrieving the doctor.
I tried to keep this post brief, but I'd be interested in what you guys have to say about this. Any other specific literary devices you've noticed that stand out in the scene that might provide more meaning?
>>
>>71270151
It could potentially hurt me
>>
>>71270151
It'd be extremely painful. I'm a big guy for you.
>>
File: Nolans_pitt.jpg (150 KB, 1706x722) Image search: [Google]
Nolans_pitt.jpg
150 KB, 1706x722
ITT: Nolan's philosophy's and other innuendoes in his cinematic work The Dark Knight Rises

There is so much to speculate in this film. Like the real identity of Innit, Nietzschean links and how Nolan often gives clever viewers information with little gestures and quotes about the upcoming scenes. This thread is for discussion about Nolan's poetry.
>>
>>71270302
what i said could be interpreted like that, however thanks to my size (big) it will be you who hurt extreme in this hypothetical situation
>>
>>71270151
>It's an immigrant from reddit tries his hand at Baneposting.
>>
>>71270304
This is pretty accurate apart from the bit where you identify "Lotta loyalty for a hired gun" with Banes men. This is false, CIA cries this out in reference to his pistol that he has fired out of the aircraft, similar to the line "he didn't fly so good" also referring to his pistol at hand.

The gun is his trident, his "instrument of liberation". Almost like a part of him that extends out. Threatening the men with death and hired for his use.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.