[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what did /tv/ think of this movie?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: The_Danish_Girl_(film)_poster.jpg (117 KB, 256x379) Image search: [Google]
The_Danish_Girl_(film)_poster.jpg
117 KB, 256x379
So what did /tv/ think of this movie?
>>
fag shit, but obviously the purest kino
>>
jew degenerate propaganda
>>
>>71269915
tranny propaganda
oscar bait
>>
>>71269915
>implying
>>
WTF I HATE TRANS/LGBT PEOPLE NOW
>>
File: 1456725272888.jpg (24 KB, 586x116) Image search: [Google]
1456725272888.jpg
24 KB, 586x116
>>
>>71269915

I don't know because I don't watch shit
>>
>>71270154
How tolerate of them. A minority hating a minority, kek.
>>
>>71270199
Trans aren't a minority
>>
>>71270245
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_minority

>A sexual minority is a group whose sexual identity, orientation or practices differ from the majority of the surrounding society. It can also refer to transgender,[1] genderqueer (including third gender[2]) or intersex individuals. The term is primarily used to refer to LGB individuals, particularly gay people.[3]

http://geneq.berkeley.edu/lgbt_resources_definiton_of_terms#sexual_minority
>>
To my cisgender friends, I ask that, even if you would not normally do so, you please read this. This film was made for cisgender people, so I feel it important that I write this for cisgender people. I would not normally watch this movie, but it has been a subject of some discussion on this site in a way that has compelled me to watch it in order to discuss it credibly. I do not imagine what I have to say will be definitive or particularly more substantial than what other trans folks have said, but I have a voice here that some listen to, even if only briefly. I might as well take advantage of that. I know that many of you prefer not to read things about films you haven't seen, so let me say the important things first:

1. Do not watch this film. It is not merely bad, but harmful.
2. If you discuss the film, refer to Lili only as Lili and she/her.

If you are inclined to read further, I will explain why.

Names
"When you were a boy..." (The film repeatedly uses language like this to emphasize Lili's past.)
"You need to stop, [deadname]." (I'm not going to use it, even in a quote, but Vikander's perfomance stresses the name over and over again.)
"Someone who knows him..." (Appealing to Lili's past in the form of Hans.)

Let's start with names and pronouns. It's a pretty simple one. A trans woman is a female, a woman. A trans man is a male, a man. No matter how we are portrayed, no matter what era of our life you refer to, no matter what we "look like" (ugh), no matter what. We deserve the basic respect of being referred to correctly; if I were to misgender you, you would be offended. At the very least, abide by the Golden Rule. You might know some non-binary people who aren't particular about it. You might know some genderqueer people who use completely new pronouns.
>>
>>71270296
Show me a source (not wiki) that says that trans are a minority and I will dispute it
>>
>>71270379
You clearly didn't read it because I gave an additional source, however, I'll listen to the experts, not some mouthbreathing neckbeard in mommy's basement.
>>
>>71270431
Post the source then

Oh wait you can't
>>
refused to see it
>>
>all these homophobes refuse to watch a movie about a tranny
>movie has Ex-Machina bitch getting her tits out
>>
>>71270379

So you're saying that trans people are the majority? Well now.

>>71269915

I think it could have done better in depicting how much of a sensation Lili's transition was. It downplayed that entirely, which is a shame. She really was as famous in her day as, say, Caitlyn Jenner would be today.
>>
Eddie redmayne makes for a great trap
>>
Tom Hooper's a fucking hack so i didn't watch it

i'd fuck Eddie Redmayne in a dress though
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.