[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I this film to be pretty enjoyable tbqh.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: Battlefield_earth_poster.jpg (20 KB, 300x446) Image search: [Google]
Battlefield_earth_poster.jpg
20 KB, 300x446
I this film to be pretty enjoyable tbqh.
>>
>this film to be pretty enjoyable tbqh.

Yup, that's about the level of intelligence required to like this piece of shit.
>>
>>71252682

I saw most of it on TV once, and stuck with it out of morbid curiosity.

My third-hand understanding of the flick was that it was SO god-awful, SO disastrously bad, that I went in with basically zero expectations. Starting from there it was easy to derive some ironic enjoyment and be halfway engaged with it. I didn't "like" it, but let's just say that I got some amusement, some pleasure out of watching it, it wasn't quite the chore I thought it would be.

It has a number of similarities with Avatar. Cheesy hackneyed entertainment, Humans versus much taller aliens, the visitors (humans in Avatar's case) don't need full space-suits but they do need a breathing apparatus. Bad, forgettable lines.

The one thing I thought was really stupid, apart from Travolta hamming it up, was how a single lit-match, or the equivalent of that, was enough to incenerate the alien planet's atmosphere.
>>
>>71252682
only a filthy man animal would watch this movie.
>>
>>71252682
I've never seen this movie but have read that it was only a first parter of a 3 movie trilogy - due to this movie only taking up a quarter of the novel that it was based on.

I do feel sorry for Travolta who really wanted to finish the story but couldn't due to this bombing.
>>
>scientology movie
I was considering watching this movie at one point but when I found out this is what scientologists believe in I couldn't do it anymore
>>
>>71255365
>backing out of a sci fi movie because you don't like the religious beliefs it is based on
How much pleb can you be?
>>
find*
>>
>psychlo catrists
>>
>>71252682
>I this film
drunk man would
>>
The Rifftrax of this is fucking gold. One of their best.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.