[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
On the 24th of June, the 4th of July will no longer be known
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
On the 24th of June, the 4th of July will no longer be known as an American holiday
>>
any1 seen this
>>
>>71248628
Yeah, got back from it an hour and half ago.
I enjoyed it.
They played it safe plot-wise and if you enjoyed the first you'll enjoy this one.

Goldblum, Hemsworth, Spiner and Pullman stole the show.
The rest of the cast were forgettable.
>>
>>71248699
That giant alien harvester queen running through the desert after a school bus had me laughing my ass off.
>>
>>71248699
I loved the first one and hated this one.
Hemsworth was shit too.
>>
>>71248699

i love the first and thought this was complete shit

ive already forgotten most of it
>>
>>71249216
>>71249232
What didn't you like about it?

I went in expecting a fun action-scifi flick and that's what I got. Maybe I'm just tired of 'blockbusters' that are trying to do something new and fall flat.
>>
SOME FOLKS ARE BORN
>>
>>71249281
>just turn your brain off, bro!
>>
>>71250147
That's a given with all those plot holes
>distress call takes 20 years to reach queens
>queen dies
>other queens recall the ship immediately despite the recall having to take 20 years to reach queens

If there were more queens close enough to know the new queen is dead, shouldn't and couldn't they have just jumped in to finish us off?
>>
The only thing going through my mind was: "Oh my god, this guy wants to dump SG-1 in the trash and reboot Stargate"

The original Independence Day, and Stargate both shared a common theme of human technology and ingenuity beating stagnated Aliens. There's basically none of that on display in this movie, the aliens easily defeat all the human attempts at reverse engineering their hardware and the they're only defeated via stolen alien ships armed with alien weapons and a deus ex machina.
>>
>>71250275
Doesn't that just mean it's a shit film?
>>
>>71250275
>No one has ever killed a queen
>Here's what happens if you kill a queen
>>
>>71250275
First movie had plenty of eye rolling moments but they weren't nearly as bad as this.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.