[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did a 25 year old Laura Dern look so old in Jurassic Park?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: derp.gif (656 KB, 476x350) Image search: [Google]
derp.gif
656 KB, 476x350
Why did a 25 year old Laura Dern look so old in Jurassic Park?
>>
>>71236922

25? Holy shit she was haggard for 25.
>>
File: malcom.jpg (53 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
malcom.jpg
53 KB, 1280x720
Don't bully Laura Dern
>>
>>71236922

I thought she was my moms age when I saw this as a kid
>>
>>71236950
this gives me an idea for a new meme
>>
>>71236945
youve never been near a woman in your life, or ever will so shut the hell up
>>
>>71237038
*tips fedora
>>
>>71236922
Because some people don't age very well. Now she's in her 50's and looks like she's 60.
>>
>>71236950
I really hate that kike.
>>
>>71237038

Fuck off Laura
>>
She survived a movie where she fucked Nicolas Cage for 2 hours. That will age you pretty fast.
>>
>>71237096
Actually she's 49. Born in 1967.
So she was only in her late 30s when Inland Empire was filmed.
>>
File: Big X.jpg (78 KB, 634x301) Image search: [Google]
Big X.jpg
78 KB, 634x301
>>71236950
You now realize that this was also Sir Richard Attenborough.

At 40 nonetheless.
>>
>>71236922
I remember hearing they purposely made her look old so the quasi romance with Dr. Grant wasn't quite so creepy.
>>
>>71236922
Maybe because Sam Neil is an older gentlemen we thought his girlfriend would be old as him
>>
>>71237360

>Sam Neil is 19 years older than his character's girlfriend

HNNNGHH
>>
>>71237360
Meh, it happens a lot in academia for there to be large age gaps in relationships.

I mean, how many young attractive, female paleontologists are there? Why shouldn't she be dating and older successful gentleman?
>>
White women...
>>
A few reasons.

Her fashion choices were more popular with women in their 30s and 40s at the time, and in a few years became nearly exclusive to them.

She is tall for a woman, and this makes children think she is older.

Children in general have a difficult time telling the age of adults, particularly women from 20 to 50. Her pairing with Sam Neil leads a child to think they must be around the same age, not 19 years apart.

I have experienced this with my nieces and nephews asking them to guess the age of actors and actresses on television. They were usually wildly inaccurate.

Scarlet Johansson? 22 (she's 31)
Elizabeth Olsen? 35 (she's 27)
>>
she's bruce dern's daughter

bruce dern is eternally 70
>>
>>71236922
No lips... makes her look older.
>>
File: THeworstthingivemadetoday.png (468 KB, 634x301) Image search: [Google]
THeworstthingivemadetoday.png
468 KB, 634x301
>>71237314
Holy shit you're right
>>
>>71237690

in addition to all of this, she doesn't have the features we associate with youth, like higher facial fat. her phenotype, post-pubescent, could only ever appear to be an "adult" face.

a male example of this would be jon hamm, who talked about how at 25 the only parts he'd get offered in teen shows like dawson's creek were the father roles.
>>
>>71236967
I've seen this thread I don't know how many times, and I'm always surprised to remember this. She looked 25 in Blue Velvet.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.