[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>i think this guy's a couple of cans short of a six pack
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: lZxu3cq.png (248 KB, 551x530) Image search: [Google]
lZxu3cq.png
248 KB, 551x530
>i think this guy's a couple of cans short of a six pack

Arnold obviously had a six pack when Terminator was shot. What did he mean by this?
>>
>imagur filename

Greetings reddit, shitposting some more 'dank memes' are you?
>>
>>71225124
You see Bill's character naturally thought that Arnold's character was human and was behaving strangely.

A couple of cans short of a six pack is an older idiom that means that person is exhibiting some form of cognitive impairment.
>>
File: coke2482a.jpg (64 KB, 349x262) Image search: [Google]
coke2482a.jpg
64 KB, 349x262
>>71225124
I think you're a couple cans short of a six pack, friend.

also fuck off
>>
File: screenshot.webm (763 KB, 936x690) Image search: [Google]
screenshot.webm
763 KB, 936x690
>>71225150
>post brexit 2016
>not using software that automatically uploads your screenshots and immediately gives you the link in your clipboard
>>
A "six pack" was actually a name for a six piece work uniform commonly worn by industrial workers in the 70s-80s because of the increasing safety regulations in factories. "Cans" is a way to refer to the hearing protection that was included with the uniform. As such, it was his way of commenting on the fact that Arnold was naked and it was very loud outside.
>>
>>71225186
americans get impaired after just four canned beers? kek
>>
>>71225124
he meant Arnold was drunk and had drunk some of the cans of a six pack of beer.
>>
>>71225304
when you don't drink for years and are physically 100% fit you do get sloshed. maybe he was drinking whiskey or vodka along side his pack.
>>
>>71225124
YOUR MEMES, GIVE THEM TO ME. NOW.
>>
>>71225124
Wash day, nothing clean.
>>
>>71225383
FUCK YEW ASS WHOLE
>>
>>71225124

>le Paxton/Henriksen/etc connections
>>
>>71225304
it's an idiom but the alcohol induced brain damage most of you brits seem to have makes me want extend to you some leeway so I won't make light of your situation.

An idiom is an expression that doesn't literally make sense but understood through context in the culture they belong in. This one in particular has sever forms such as a few sandwiches short of a picnic, a few screws short of a hardware store and a few cards short of a deck.

It's meant to imply that the person is missing some degree of cognitive functioning but not enough where you feel sorry for them like an actual redard.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.