[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this movie the greatest. most misunderstood, avan-garde capeshit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: Badfilm and robbed money.jpg (11 KB, 184x274) Image search: [Google]
Badfilm and robbed money.jpg
11 KB, 184x274
Is this movie the greatest. most misunderstood, avan-garde capeshit masterpiece ever created?

>Costumes designed to represent various themes from ancient cultures art, like greek and egyptian
>Production designer Barbara Ling said that created the directors rendition of Gotham with inspiration from the idea of "The Machine Age" and designed it to seem like a world fair on ecstacy
>Image of Hero and villain is written almost as a satire of the super-hero genre, with heroes having a celebrity status in society, that super-villains can easily mimic, eroding the line between heroic actions and a herioc image
>Mr. Freeze being too overfocused on his "cold" theme with his henchmen indulging his fake reality despite the pain they recieve
>Deals with themes such as anarchy, sickness and traumatic events in the past
>Became a cult hit because of all the "weird things" that it was hated for

Truly a flawed masterpiece
>>
Barbara not having a British accent is symbolic of Britain's waning influence on the world (see: Hong Kong)
>>
I'm sure in 20 years the Social Culture Studies of the 20th Century curriculum will include several essays about your thesis.
>>
I liked it too OP
>>
>>71219734
It's very homoerotic.
>>
it was shit
>>
>>71219734
It's not THAT good, but it is a solid 2.5 out of 5.
>>
It's pretty good, I'll forgive the nipples
>>
>>71219734
It's more cartoony than any of the Batman cartoons
>>
>>71219818
Its like they glued a melted sega controller to her face.
>>
Snyderbots plz
You don't have to defend DC movies not made by Snyder
>>
File: Drinks Tea Internally.jpg (15 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
Drinks Tea Internally.jpg
15 KB, 200x200
>>71219734
I unironically like this film
>>
>>71221273
Im getting the feeling that Robin and Batgirls masks only work because they are both from outside Gotham and no one knows who their alter egos are
Unless Dick actually went out and socialized since Batman Forever
>>
I think we can all agree that it's at worst the second worst Batman movie of all time and at best the 6th best.
>>
>>71219916
For you
>>
>>71219734
I enjoyed it. Costume design was AMAZING too.

best capeshit movie was 2002 spiderman, though.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.