[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fuck you I liked it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6
File: classic.jpg (35 KB, 640x340) Image search: [Google]
classic.jpg
35 KB, 640x340
no seriously fuck you guys. this movie was great.
>>
most people liked it
>>
>>71211267
Hardly a crazy opinion OP
>>
>friend does a lot of spice
>becomes just like Paul Dano in this movie
>show Prisoners to my other friend so we can laugh at Dano's character
>we take a shot of vodka every time he gets asked a question and fails to answer in time
>we get smashed and begin mourning the decline of our friend's mental health
>>
>>71211267
It's just your standard genre thriller with dissonantly restrained direction.
>>
File: Classic.jpg (32 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
Classic.jpg
32 KB, 960x540
Classic
>>
>>71211267
I really wanted to like this movie, but it was bland, poorly paced, and packed with empty, pointless symbolism
>>
>>71211312
dumb frogposter
>>
wolverine and iron patriot were miscast
>>
>>71211459
Yep, like all of Denis Villeneuve movies.
>>
File: 1443274011016.jpg (42 KB, 415x540) Image search: [Google]
1443274011016.jpg
42 KB, 415x540
>>71211267
Wow, what a controversial opinion, OP!
>>
File: spectre.jpg (33 KB, 405x600) Image search: [Google]
spectre.jpg
33 KB, 405x600
>>
>>71211459
>le pacing meme
>>
What bugged me about this movie is that the police were so inept, it wasn't even funny. I am hardly their biggest fan, but two little girls being kidnapped from the suburbia would probably warrant a bit more effort.
I liked it, but it was a pretty dumb movie.
>>
It's good but overrated. Feels like an imitation of a Fincher film
>>
>>71211267
Fuck you too, i liked too.
>>
Poor man's Se7en.
>>
it was overlong, overwrought and full of pointless shit
>>
>>71212465
wut
>>
>>71211459
>GUYS LOOK!!! I KNOW MORE ABOUT FILM THAN YOU, YOU NORMIES!!! WATCH FRENCH CINEMA YOU PLEBS!!!

I try to respect people's opinions as much as possible, but come the fuck on. This movie is great. Okay, maybe you genuinely see pointless symbolism and bad pacing, but to call the slowly evolving tone of despair bland is silly to me.
>>
File: 1376528972272.jpg (14 KB, 264x240) Image search: [Google]
1376528972272.jpg
14 KB, 264x240
>>71212535
>I try to respect people's opinions, but if you don't like something I like you're just pretending not to like it because you're pretentious
It just wasn't that great, what it did was fine but has been done better by other movies
>>
>>71212595
Thats an opinion i can respect and agree with for the most part.

I still think its a great movie and the acting was great too. I didn't love the last 20 minutes.
>>
>>71211267
What's the name of the movie?
>>
>>71212629
Inmates
>>
>>71212522
Poor man's Se7en.
>>
>>71212535
Please, I've barely scratched the surface of foreign cinema. I'm not trying to be elitist or anything, I'm calling it how I see it. So much of the movie was for the sake of itself, for lack of a better term. Let me explain. The snakes and maze symbolism served no purpose. They were symbols for the sake of having symbols, not because they actually added any depth or substance. The slowly evolving despair you saw did not seem that way to me. The characters were poorly written and unconvincingly acted, much of it was anger for the sake of anger. As anon above said, it's been done much better. The blandness more referred to the cinematography and writing, there was no attempt at visual story telling, and we got very little character development to make any of it mean anything. Sorry our opinions differ, no need to be an insecure little bitch
>>
>>71211267
Twist at the end was retarded.

It had the potential to be a better movie than what it was. Still a decent watch.
>>
>>71213027
What twist?
>>
>>71212644
Se7en was fucking shit honestly
>>
>>71212426
what like the van been found the same day? a search party?
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.