[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can anyone recommend movies like this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: tinker_tailor_soldier_spy_xlg.jpg (357 KB, 1005x1500) Image search: [Google]
tinker_tailor_soldier_spy_xlg.jpg
357 KB, 1005x1500
Can anyone recommend movies like this?
>>
Shameless bump
>>
File: three days condor.jpg (2 MB, 2916x1958) Image search: [Google]
three days condor.jpg
2 MB, 2916x1958
>>71206172
>>
>>71206172
watch the bbc miniseries
>>
>>
File: image.jpg (53 KB, 400x593) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53 KB, 400x593
This comes to mind
>>
>>71206172
Well it seems you enjoy slow boring pretentious movies. So off the top of my head: Enemy, under the skin, only God forgives.
>>
File: sunglasses.gif (991 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
sunglasses.gif
991 KB, 320x240
>>71206809
eheheheheheheheheheheheheh
>>
>>71206750
I was wondering about this movie. I haven't been a huge fan of Speilberg or Hanks lately, but it's written by the coens. So it's worth a shot.
>>
>>71206750
Jesus, no.
>>
>>71206831
it's Spielberg's best film since Munich, whatever that means to you

i thought it was fantastic, though i haven't rewatched since i saw it in the theater.
>>
>>71206831
Coens dont make good stuff outside of their own.
(Meaning, every script by them directed by someone else is SHITE.)
Ladykillers aka worst Coens movies to date was supposed to be directed by someone else but no one would take the script so they did it
>>
>>71206869
Off-topic but is Hail Caesar worth a watch? I couldn't find any friends to watch it with me the 2 weeks it was in theaters.
>>
>>71206958
it has more in common with A Serious Man than The Big Lebowski. watch it with that in mind and you'll enjoy it.
>>
A Most Wanted Man. Adapted from the same author and it shows, deals with contemporary counter-terrorism and international finance instead of cold war counterintelligence
>>
>>71206958
Its Burn After Reading in the 60's, pretty great fun, not trying to do anything besides fun, dont listen to Anon that compared it to ASM or TBL, he obviously didnt get A Serious Man.
>>
>>71206994
>A Serious Man
>Feeling ANYTHING like Hail Caesar
Are you serious?
>>
>>71207070
the tone is obviously very different but it's the same type of allegorical story

>>71207037
fuck yourself
>>
>>71207037
I mean, 40's or 50's.
>>
>>71206958
Yes, it's both a love-letter to cinema and an interesting reflection on purpose in filmmaking, religion, politics. It wasn't given its due. Best in years
>>
>>71207108
So compare it to BAR, its the same comedy screball tone, not ASM
>>
>>71207117
>Best in years
it's not better than Inside Llewyn Davis.

>>71207160
yes, that's an okay comparison too.

takes place in the fifties, though, not the sixties.
>>
The Honorable Woman, a bbc miniseries with similar slow pace. A Most Wanted Man, adapted from same author, not as good as tinker tailor but still better than 99% of "spy" films.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.