[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Tell me I am a good man... tell me I've lived a good life...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: PrivateRyan00113.jpg (76 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
PrivateRyan00113.jpg
76 KB, 1280x720
>Tell me I am a good man... tell me I've lived a good life...
>>
>tell me i'm pretty...
>>
This part of was total sentimental hackary

Spielberg smaltz it up here, no need for this scene
>>
>>71195135
It's meant to show how the sacrifice of Miller and his men still haunts him to his old age. That every day he had lived, he wanted to make the best out of it not because he felt to, but because he felt remorse for the lives lost to save his own. He blames himself for the deaths of the squad and, ironically, instead of going home and enjoying his life just because he survived, he went home carrying with him regret, grief and sorrow for many years, thus making Miller's squad's sacrifice "morally" pointless.

Spielberg is underrated IMO.
>>
>>71194951
>Ryan Granddaughter: "you suck dick grandpa James"
>>
>>71194951
>white
>good

chose one and only one /tv/
>>
>>71194951
I cried
>>
>>71195271
Yeah, like the guy said, sentimental hackary.
>>
>>71195271
it was pretty obvious that was the case, they didnt need hamfisted dialogue to beat us over the head with it
him silently sitting at the grave, and nodding to his wife would have been better
>>
File: bimbos.jpg (35 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
bimbos.jpg
35 KB, 640x480
Would Ryan enjoy the modern army?
>>
Tell me i have dubs
>>
File: cia.png (172 KB, 311x301) Image search: [Google]
cia.png
172 KB, 311x301
>>71194951
You're a good guy
>>
>>71197099
that's Israel bro.
>>
>>71197621
Israel, US they tend to kill the same people.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.