[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What made The Office such a good show?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6
File: theoffice.jpg (296 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
theoffice.jpg
296 KB, 600x600
What made The Office such a good show?
>>
>>71193606
Steve Carell. Once he left the show just became a shit show
>>
realistic characters in a cozy environment

for the first 3 seasons anyway
>>
File: image.jpg (86 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
86 KB, 499x499
>>71194769
>Dwight, Michael Scott, Creed, Kevin
>realistic
>>
>>71194847
you've never met a michael before? kind of autistic, poor sense of tact and timing, heart usually in the right place
>>
>>71193606
exploring every-day-life cringe
>>
>>71194769
Where the hell do you work
>>
>>71194886
Yea but not in a position of power
>>
>>71194711
Pleb detected. Do you also like to watch people stub their toe?
>>
>>71193606
Good show?! LMAO
>>
File: dwight-schrute.jpg (34 KB, 652x648) Image search: [Google]
dwight-schrute.jpg
34 KB, 652x648
>>71193606
>>
same reasons the simpsons was great

great characters, great writing
>>
>>71193606

The writing.
>>
File: pickyupy.gif (4 MB, 338x274) Image search: [Google]
pickyupy.gif
4 MB, 338x274
>>
Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant's writing.

The fact that they only made two series.

The fact that you can get away with a lot more on UK television than US television.
>>
Realistic, relatable characters mixed with over-the-top characters.

Steve Carell and Rainn Wilson

A decent love story (until it got boring around season 4)

Occasional clever writing
>>
Michael Scott made that show. He elevated cringe to an artform.
>>
>>71197441
>you will never lick jello from beasley's bellybutton
>>
>>71197441
I want to come on her stomach. Why did she hav to get so JUST?
>>
>>71193606
Jim/Pam romance arc <3

Don't even try and deny it
>>
>>71197167
>MICHAEL!
>>
File: 1463584462555.gif (827 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1463584462555.gif
827 KB, 320x240
>>71197441
you wouldn't know it from this gif but this is singlehandedly the most cringe-inducing moment in the show

and for a show built around a cringe-inducing boss that's really saying something
>>
File: paletyle.jpg (54 KB, 1024x678) Image search: [Google]
paletyle.jpg
54 KB, 1024x678
10/10 cozy factor
>>
>>71194847

in our office people call me "Old Man Creed" or "Creed" since I'm one of the "older" guys in the office (jfc I'm only 37) anyway another part on that is I just can't get whatever app they're want me to try out, snapchat, instagram, etc. I have facebook but I rarely post in it, mostly just to keep in touch with family. kids these days
>>
Pam's feet
>>
>>71193606
A playful sense of humor that wasn't cockblocked at every turn by a hyper-sensitive, crybaby PC culture.

You could never get away with half the jokes that made the office great today. Fat people got made fun of, minorities got made fun of, men raising other men's children ("cucks") got made fun of, aging unmarried women got made fun of, cheating whores got made fun of...everybody got made of fun in a hilarious, on-the-nose manner.

These days the twitter SJW police would go nuts over a joke like this on network TV. Producers would have to apologize.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_2ePS2Z-xA
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.