[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
‘Ghostbusters’ Stars Taunt Internet Trolls With Their Cover
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 41
File: image.jpg (52 KB, 570x297) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52 KB, 570x297
Are these cunts serious?

>“Since we’re all in the business of ruining men’s childhoods,” he said, “Kristen and Melissa came up with this way to really enrage men, which they thought would be to do the ‘folk-lady’ version of ‘Ghostbusters,’ so I would like them to perform that for you.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAcDQ_2V1nM
>>
>implying ii care what a dumb fat bitch thinks about me
>>
Why is this movie getting shilled so hard
>>
This is beyond desperate.
>>
This meme is stupid.
>>
>DUDE, manchildren!
>>
What religion can I join for the person who made this be legally boiled to death?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQJegyA84xM
>>
>>71189622
It's not.

It's being anti-shilled by fat neckbeards.
>>
>>71189541
I'm not sure how a horrible cover is taunting me. I don't even have to watch it, much like how I'm not going to watch the movie.
>>
When this fucking movie come out so we can stop hearing about it?
>>
I don't give a shit but I hope some mra nerds get triggered
>>
>>71189713
>implying there won't be a sequel
>>
>>71189541
They were still better guests than Charlie Sheen.

God I hate actors who only appear on Graham Norton with a clause that they have to be the only ones on the couch.
>>
>>71189622
"Alamo Syndrome".

It'll make it all the more spectacular when it fails.

Mike & Dave will win more at the box office than Cuntbusters.
>>
>>71189664
But they're advertising it more close to release! How is that normal?
>>
>OP is not trolling
>he actually said that
>>
>>71189713
>implying it'll stop
>implying "man babies" won't get blamed when it flops
>implying feminazis won't gloat should it succeed
It's lose-lose, anon.
>>
Predict the opening weekend and RT score

>60 million
>95%
>>
>>71189541
It's better than Fall Out Boy.
>>
>>71189838
>$200 Million
>96%
>>
File: feig.jpg (57 KB, 550x407) Image search: [Google]
feig.jpg
57 KB, 550x407
>>71189713
July 15, just a few more weeks until the reviews come in.

/tv/ is going to be fun. I can't wait for all the new Manbaby articles.
>>
>>71189713
having an incredibly easy-to-hate but also loud group scream about every film/show with a woman in it, then get written about by neoliberals looking for an easy scapegoat for society's problems, both of which are free advertising for whatever awful company owns the film, will probably be the cultural mode for the next 10 years
>>
>>71189541
Melissa is looking hotter than ever but why does Kristen look Chinese now?
>>
When did it become OK for normies to bully nerds and take over nerd culture?
>>
>>71189959
This is why we shouldn't just ignore it. Adopting a pinnacle of nerd culture and adapting it in a way no one asked for then mocking the older fans is fucking disrespectful and gross and I don't even like any of the original Ghostbusters shit.
>>
Implying im going to watch it. Enjoy not getting paid bitch.
>>
>>71190018
They get paid beforehand.
>>
>decide to make Ghostbusters reboot
>immense backlash from millions of people
>never stop to think that the reboot is a bad idea
>enlist the worst of humanity to shill and defend this movie to the death
>continue to poke the beehive after receiving enough stings to kill Macaulay Culkin

This is going to be the thing that kills Hollywood.
>>
>>71189541
>came up with this way to really enrage men
I despise this kind of behavior in general. It's just a sign of being a shitty person when you revel in the discomfort and pain of someone else, but fuck me, I was taught things like not gloating.
>>
>>71189541
Wow, way to insult 50% of your movie base
>>
>>71189742
Cause he's worried he'd give HIV to anyone sitting near him
>>
>>71190179
Imagine the shitstorm if they pop off some crazy who really loves ghostbusters and get killed over this.
>>
>>71189664

except it isnt, this is the same marketing tactic they used for TFA - they build an army of strawmen to make all the normies buy tickets as a virtue signalling opportunity
>>
File: ChickenandWatermelon.jpg (22 KB, 442x265) Image search: [Google]
ChickenandWatermelon.jpg
22 KB, 442x265
>>71189541
I DON'T KNOW IF IT'S A RACE THING OR A LADY THING BUT IM MAD AS HELL
>>
>>71190014
>>71189959

Psuedo-nerd culture becoming mainstream was a mistake
>>
They honestly think women are going to support this on the same level as Bridesmaids.
>>
>>71189541

This is 21st century marketing, its bipartisan politics in commercial space. But instead of pitting the working poor dems against the working poor repubs for the benefits of their political masters, its pitting women against men for the benefit of their corporate masters.

But please, go see yet another crappy hollywood remake twice just to spite this viewer who has no more interest in Ghostbusters 2016 than Total Recall 2012 or Robocop 2014. Prove how sexist I am by... giving a foreign corporation your money in exchange for a mediocre product. That'll learn me, alright.
>>
>>71189541
Words can't describe how utterly I hate that fat cunt. If I could get away with single murder, she would be it.
>>
I really, really don't understand how they can get away with this. I am honestly at a loss, not at the cringey, stupid rendition of the GB theme, but at the acceptance of the belittling, bullying and mocking of the demographic which gave them the opportunity to make this film in the first place.

I don't care for this movie, this is the first comment I've actually ever made about this movie yet the implication that I'm disinterested because it's got women leading is absolutely baffling to me. I am simply just not interested in watching a new GB movie and I don't have an interest in any of the leads.

Spy was pretty good with Melissa McCarthy, I found it pretty enjoyable...did I enjoy it because I wanted to support a socio-political topic? No, I watched it because the idea interested me.

People basing your social and political ideologies on what movies you wish to spend your time watching is quite a mindbogglingly ridiculous thing to do.
>>
>>71190441
I mean if you went through with it you would be remembered forever. you'd be a legend here
>>
>>71189541

>Another Chickbusters thread

I hope someone's paying you to make these
>>
File: 1456373470344.jpg (15 KB, 420x420) Image search: [Google]
1456373470344.jpg
15 KB, 420x420
>>71189541
>>
>>71190426
You're dumb as fuck if you think you're not contributing to these corporations and film companies all the time.
>>
>>71189838
>35 million
>67%
>>
>>71190321
This thread, and the 55 others this month, is proof that it's not strawmanning. Ignore them and they will go away .
>>
File: Stand Up Comedian Jokes.png (534 KB, 591x607) Image search: [Google]
Stand Up Comedian Jokes.png
534 KB, 591x607
>>71190346
>>71189541
I MADE A FUNNY YALL
>>
>>71189541
Someone, like a host, seriously needs to shut them down and say.

"Maybe it's not about these so called man babies childhood. Maybe it's because the trailer looked really bad, which is down to the actresses, yourselves, involved are not funny at all. It's not about gender, it's about the cast that's bland and unoriginal. There's better female actresses out there who can hold comedy even when it's not their main drive in their career. People like Rose Bryne. Now fuck off out of my show."
>>
DESU I dont even blame the SJWs anymore, at this point it's 100% the fault of everyone else for constantly entertaining this retardedness. If no one responded when they accused us of being butthurt then it wouldn't have gotten this far. The irony of this situation being half of the straight white guys complaining do this shit all day long to tumblr. You guys are all fucking fools and the SJWs are just better at it than you.
>>
>>71189541
>“Since we’re all in the business of ruining men’s childhoods,”
why not just rape some kids
that'll really ruin their childhood
>>
It's exactly the same as that whining bitch claiming mario NES was sexist.

You just ignore it. They can't make money off of their work. Their real work is trolling men into attacking them then crying victim for numale bucks. They get more press and exposure responding to mean internet comments than anything else.

Fucking women, man. Whether it's lewd gaming with a webcam, nasal whinging about triggers, crying for those delicious sympathy dollars.

The movie is going to be so fucking bad we can all have a giggle. The more you care about them and give a reaction the more money they get. Just sit back and laugh. It's a shitty movie just like the other remakes.
>>
>>71190590
Every thread. Every fucking thread with the "you're just the same as they are!"
>>
>>71189838
>35 million
>96% critic score
>46% audience score
>>
>>71190587
He's a fluff talkshow host that interviews celebrities that pitch their latest movie/tv show/act.

He's not going to do that.
>>
>>71190581
She actually wrote this. She actually thought this in her brain and decided she wanted to share it with the world. She premeditated to put this on her social media, but first she needed to find an image of Varys, and as she was finding this image, she was replaying in her head the joke she had made, and didn't come to the conclusion that it wasn't worth her time to post it. It probably took her approximately 2-5 minutes to put her thought onto the screen and within that allotted time she never thought to just keep it only as a thought and not bring it to reality. She probably posted this, and re-read it around 10-25 times as she smirked smugly to herself.
>>
>>71189541
Who is that beautiful plain gal I'd marry in a second on the right?
>>
>>71190179
Hollywood is over.

The Age of China-Pandering Kino is upon us.
>>
>>71190346
It was a weight thing, Patty.
>>
>>71190590
Actually this happens because a lack of dissenting voices around those who have a decently large amount of representation in Hollywood.
>>
>>71190708
>that projecting

It's a picture she took of the screen. Just because you do all that when you make a joke on /got/, including looking for the perfect reaction image, doesn't mean people making bad jokes on twitter does.
>>
>>71190708
She actually photographs her TV screen instead of searching for pictures of Varys.
>>
>>71189838
27%
>>
>>71190666

It's the 'relativistic' defense.
>>
>>71190708
Slow down. A lot of this is
>doing something like this will be good for my career
>>
File: nobody_large.jpg (28 KB, 500x328) Image search: [Google]
nobody_large.jpg
28 KB, 500x328
>>
They just can't stop making fools of themselves. You would think after that visiting sick kids disaster they would slow it up a bit.
>>
>>71190726
Movies about ghosts and spirits are banned in China
>>
They're like that autist that goes YOUR HATE ONLY FUELS ME and acts more autistic.
>>
>>71191002

That hospital visit was like the one natural thing that happened, they were filming next door and the hospital invited them in.

Doesn't excuse how painfully out of place they look of course but it's not like this garbage from the last few weeks that is aggressively attack critics.
>>
>>71190666
It's because it's fucking 100% true at this point. I've never argued it up until now because the facts weren't there but they are there increasingly. They say some stupid shit and get millions of views/hits and you guys get played like fucking gullible morons. It angers me that a thread about this was made, 100% for the fact that it wasn't even a hard shot at men and you guys are crying like it's the worst one yet. They've won. They can now say men are poopy heads and you will now cry like the boogeyman man baby they made up in their articles. How is that respectable on any level? The reaction is literally exactly as stupid and pointless as tumblr's outrage, who gives a fuck about the impetus for the rage when the end result is exactly the same? I don't say you are just the same as tumblr because I kind of side with them, I don't side with them at all, for the same reason I don't side with you, you are a fucking faggot baby crying that doesn't understand how the real world works.

>>71190820
That contributes to it but is never the cause. Hollywood has failed to force tons of agendas like this in the past because people just learned to ignore it.
>>
THe movie needs 2 billion to break even
>>
>>71191096
>haha can't take people attacking you huh waaaaaaah?
>stop aggressively attacking me!
>>
>>71191110
>past because people just learned to ignore it.
two things
1) Agendas were usually more pushed in lower budget things and they avoided them for larger budget endeavors. This is pretty new. Summer blockbuster type movies are not where this kind of fight takes place. They're a kind of neutral zone.
2) It's not so much ignored as people didn't see and the internet hasn't always been around to allow so many people to bitch about it.
>>
>>71189541
That black creature is hideous.
>>
>>71190321
Exactly. There was nothing wrong with a black hero or an all-female cast. None of these things are new. It's fake drummed up opposition to something which would normally flop due to poor reception or lack of interest (Star Wars would never do THAT bad, but it still helped). 4chan and especially Reddit are easy to manipulate. /pol/ ironically is the most bluepilled board, because they always mobilize themselves to do the bidding of others. /tv/ and /v/ also play into this since we get into drama too easily.
>>
>>71189541
as much as I hate the two fat bitches especially and everyone else in that video, I have to ask the following serious question: who is the fucking troll on the far right?
>>
this whole thing is just absurd, I'd love to be a fly on the wall in a marketing exec meeting
>"sir, everyone seems to be hating the new cast and trailer"
>"let's just call anyone who hates it a misogynist and constantly provoke them, whilst releasing more just as shitty trailers"
genius
>>
File: deservetobebooed.jpg (47 KB, 612x613) Image search: [Google]
deservetobebooed.jpg
47 KB, 612x613
>that fucking "cover"
>>
>>71190488
This
Do it anon
>>
>>71191313
>why would we do that?
>they are sensitive babies and will keep talking about it!
>genius. But surely they are smarter than that...
>>
>>71189541

FUCKING FEMALES, REEEEEEEEEEE!!!! MY FEE-FEES REGARDING A LIGHTHEARTED 30 YEAR OLD COMEDY!!!!

I also want to say that feminists are easily offended and put feels before reals.
>>
>>71191183

You're a pleb.
>>
>>71191233
>Summer blockbuster type movies are not where this kind of fight takes place.

Actually they are, you just didn't care about the politics so you never noticed. Die Hard 4 was internet censorship propaganda. Tomorrow Never Dies was part of an agenda to split Microsoft into 3 different companies. The CIA has admitted to having a strong influence on Hollywood and the Bush administration had a special budget where they gave funding and oversaw some ungodly amount of mainstream works of fiction to try to remain in some public favor.
>>
We'll have the last laugh when it's sitting in the bargain bin at $2 next month
>>
>>71191369
>FUCKING FEMALES, REEEEEEEEEEE!!!! MY FEE-FEES REGARDING A LIGHTHEARTED 30 YEAR OLD COMEDY!!!!
Except that's not how it happened.

Literally every step along the way has been specifically to get this reaction.
>>
>>71191418
>Literally every step along the way has been specifically to get this reaction.

Not him, but they are literally getting that reaction at this point. Doesn't matter how many times in the past few months, it's literally happening now. Just see this fucking thread.
>>
>>71191284
found out it's christine (and the queens), ugh disgusting
>>
>>71191396
>Actually they are, you just didn't care about the politics so you never noticed.
No, they weren't overt FUCK MEN JUST BECAUSE. or FUCK WHITES JUST BECAUSE

This is a new thing. Hollywood doesn't use these movies to shove huge things down people's throats. It's bad business.
>>
it is actually starting to get funny how they are playing you people
they outright say they want to trigger you and you just keep going
>>
Like an anime fan on prom night!
>>
>>71191269
This movie is still going to be a massive flop.
People went to Star Wars because it's Star Wars not because internet trolls were bullying the nigger.
>>
>>71191515
Yeah bro lets totally ignore such incomprehensible behavior. You're retarded.
>>
>>71189541
It's hilarious how triggered people are in the comments on YouTube. How fucking pathetic.
>>
I kinda love the girl on the right, she's not super pretty but she's attractive to me and she seems to be pretty laid back.

Who is she?
>>
>>71189664
>>71190541

It's called false flagging and is a known favorite of these type of things. Pretend to be angry nerds to gather real nerds to you and get them angry so they go out and start making threads on top of your threads and spread the word that nerds hate this movie because of the women! thus generating a huge bump in your visibility for very little outlay.
>>
>>71189838
190 million
98%
>>
File: james.jpg (49 KB, 641x802) Image search: [Google]
james.jpg
49 KB, 641x802
/tv/ and the anti-ghostbusters people in general don't understand that bad publicity is still publicity. you guys are doing more to promote this film than they ever could by doing this, which is why it will be a success. if you would've ignored it instead of shilling it for them by creating these threads every fucking day this wouldn't have turned out into the fuckfest it has become.

>inb4 "le just as bad as them!!" argument

You are just as bad as the SJWS. you just fail to see your ignorance.
>>
>>71191418

What? Is Hollywood using marketing to garner interest for their movies? In order to make a profit? My God, you have opened mine eyes, good sir!
>>
>>71190321
>strawman
>literally everyone who has memed this film is just a shill to make us look bad
Wew lad
>>
itt - triggered fucking manchildren.

this is great.

>>71190321
fuck off mongoloid. youtubers literally making videos about why they WONT review it. all these threads are from gamergate-tier losers. fucking obsessed.
>>
>>71191515
Here's my thing: how do they think this will translate into money though?

That's the part I don't get.
>>
>>71190708
>and re-read it around 10-25 times as she smirked smugly
I do this with every single post I post
>>
File: DIDUNNOTIN.png (19 KB, 100x108) Image search: [Google]
DIDUNNOTIN.png
19 KB, 100x108
She looks like a fucking gorilla. Not even joking.
>>
>>71191418
>Literally every step along the way has been specifically to get this reaction.

Did you figure that out all by yourself, champ?
>>
>>71190321
>virtue signalling

lol you used that in another thread this morning, you really like it huh?
>>
>>71189648
salam alaykum nigguh
>>
>>71191504
>This is a new thing.

I'm going to assume you are sub 25 because I'm 31 and there's been at least 4 of 5 annoying 'new thing's in my life. This isn't' even the first or worst period of political correctness I've experienced in this country. Then again, I've lived in California most of my life so I wasn't exactly sheltered from it. Back then, if you tried to be vocal about it you were viewed as a sociopath and people would run the fuck away at the slightest mention of anything PC, now you are just seen an ignorant misogynist. It's not nearly as bad now.
>>
>>71191670

Shitload of free advertisement, plus people will go and see it just to spite misogynst assholes.
>>
File: 1438582552389.jpg (15 KB, 545x555) Image search: [Google]
1438582552389.jpg
15 KB, 545x555
>mfw a female ghostbuster was near me
>>
>>71191628
>it will be a success
It won't.
>>
>>71189541
>>“Since we’re all in the business of ruining men’s

Damn that's a weak laughter coming from Nortons crowd
>>
>>71191730
>muh tinfoil
TAKE YOUR OWN PENS PEOPLE.
>>
>>71189648
This sounds like something out of a FrankJavCee video
>>
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 287x200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 287x200
>>71189541

You brought this on yourselves you dumb chucklecucks.

You could have easily just ignored this and let it fade into history along with the Robocop and Total Recall remakes.

Instead you retarded manchildren pitched an autistic, misogynist shitfit over women raping your precious childhood and in doing so gave them a year's worth of free advertising.

Now it's a much bigger deal than it otherwise would've been, it'll make more money than it ever would have, any criticism of it will automatically be labeled sexism, and it's all your fault.
>>
When is will the movie be released so we can finally stop talking about this shit?

Not instantly, of course. Discussions will slowly fizzle out however.
>>
File: upset.gif (1 MB, 520x375) Image search: [Google]
upset.gif
1 MB, 520x375
>>71189541
>since we are on bussiness of ruining men's childhood

Did this fucktard just say that? Can they at least try to be subtle?
>>
File: 1412020589153.jpg (66 KB, 477x550) Image search: [Google]
1412020589153.jpg
66 KB, 477x550
>>71191628

By shitposting on a mongolian horse breeding forum I am doing a better job than an actual marketing team?

No girls want to see this movie and I sure as hell gurantee no girl will want to see this movie because of my shitposting.
>>
>>71191639
I stopped doing this shit years ago, I mean shitposting I still do, but you never really see people legit 'troll' anymore because after a while it loses its impact for the person doing it because they've done it so much. I used to actively troll for around 6 years when I was younger and used to feed off the Yous, so whenever I see someone doing this shit I imaging myself 4 years ago and imagine myself getting beaten to a fucking pulp and pleading with the people I trolled that I'd never do it again.

underage or newfriend, either one is behind this post.
>>
>>71189648
Not bad desu
>>
>>71189838
840M - 27%
>>
>>71191825
>You could have easily just ignored this and let it fade into history along with the Robocop and Total Recall remakes.
It's actually getting the same kind of reaction that both of those remakes got. The only difference is that in this case, everyone is pretending that the bitching is about the women and not about it being a shitty remake.
>>
Just a bizarre way of marketing, literally trying to alienate your own audience.

Typical Sony.
>>
>>71191825
Same with Saarkesian. Literally just a youtuber making videos. Nothing more.

After the manbabies got involved she was on Colbert.

Why are male gamers/nerds so fucking sensitive?
>>
>>71191958
>After the manbabies got involved she was on Colbert.
She injected herself into gaming.
>>
>>71191992
>INJECTED HERSELF INTO GAMING.
>muh secret club
She made a youtube series talking about video games.

kill yourself
>>
>>71191825

>>Instead you retarded manchildren pitched an autistic, misogynist shitfit

>falling for the strawmen

have you seen any thing outside of tv about ghostbusters that is critical? james' vid which was more about reboots in general was literally the only thing they flogged that shit to death even though there was absolutely nothing misogynist about it
>>
>>71191815

Not really. Hollywood is simply churning out remakes in order to make money. It's not because they are evil or jewish or something, it's simply how buisness work. This time they struck an odd vein of gold with all the meninists and MRA's protesting their latsest cash grab, and they simply said fuck it, let's milk this thing for all it's worth.

This isn't just your average back lash against a remake of a popular movie, there are some deeply rooted mommy issues involved here. And far be it from Hollywood to exploit unhinged people, so here we are.

Thank you all for making the Ghostbusters remake such a big deal. It would have fizzled out and been forgotten about in a month. But now it's a cultural phenomenom. Good job, men.
>>
>>71192052
Actually no. She was getting a good deal of attention well before the "manchildren" happened to her, which there's a lot of proof that that much of what she claims happened didn't. She pulled in more who had the agenda of changing ALL games to suit their agenda. It's not muh sekret club you cretin. It's people who don't give a shit about something except as an avenue to push their agenda affecting real change that affects all who do actually enjoy it.

See it's not the wanting changing, it's wanting everything about it to change that's the problem.
>>
>>71192116
>have you seen any thing outside of tv about ghostbusters that is critical?
only literally every thread on reddit and 4chan
a considerable portion of twitter and facebook.
the trailers getting insane dislikes

Are you fucking blind?

Shitting on this film is so popular, that the creators have adressed it multiple times.
>>
>>71191958
>>71192052

he thinks anita sarkeesian is a real person!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIpw3wHn9Sk
>>
>>71192137
>the meninists and MRA's protesting their latsest cash grab, and they simply said fuck it, let's milk this thing for all it's worth.
That literally didn't happen. Some of the first mentions of this remake were deliberately provocative. Further, go and look at most of the objection to this movie. I've seen basically nothing that bitches about the generic fact that this is a group of four women.
>>
>>71192116
Not him but it was a strawman, it no longer is at this point. They've clearly gotten under the skin of their opposition and are playing them like finger puppets at this point. All you need is one idiot to make a joke about a sandwhich or a kitchen and the strawman is upgraded to a hasty generalization. 10k more sandwhich/kitchen jokes and it's not even really a hasty generalization. There is only the moment, and at the moment this shit is going from a censorship/artistic integrity debate to some good dialogue on equality muddled with misogyny. Anyways, 4chan newfags fell for it hook line and sinker, and now we all are made to suffer for it.
>>
>>71191847
they're insecure out of work OAPs, what do you expect?
>>
>>71192188
>CHANGING ALL GAMES.
>AGENDAS

Christ, you fucking losers. Criticism is not censorship. Quit getting so fucking triggered by someone pointing things out.

>>71192247
DID THIS CUNT JUST LINK TO A SAARGON VIDEO.

YES HE DID.
>>
Imagine if the situation was reversed, and it was a group of men, re-making a female-led franchise.

Imagine the reaction of women if a group of men replacing female actors stated "We're interested in ruining women's childhoods." Imagine the amount of outrage a comment like that would generate among the feminist / tumblr-core females.

This entire movie, I could care less about honestly. I never really liked Ghostbusters in the first place, and I won't be seeing this irregardless, but it's hilarious how ass-blasted they are over people not wanting to see their shitty movie.
>>
Now that "nerd culture" has become so mainstream that it excludes social outcasts, what is the current/next counter-culture? What kind of fringe subculture is emerging to replace "nerd culture" as the anti-mainstream refuge of western society's young introverts and losers?

The Alt-right? Traditional conservatism? Social Justice? Memetics?

Because whatever it is, it might well be the future. This shit comes in cycles, what is socially outcast now will slowly spread among the cultural underground, then be pandered to by commercialism until it becomes mainstream. At which point it loses it's street credibility and is replaced by the new "cool."

This "nerd" fad will soon become grossly unfashionable for about a decade, then briefly return as a retro revival before becoming history. The million dollar question is predicting what trend will replace it.
>>
>>71192216

>Sony Pictures has deposited $0.01 in your account.
>>
>>71191992

>injected her self into gaming

What in the fuck are you even on about?
>>
>>71192247
id still fuck her idc
>>
>>71192188
If you seriously believe that some lady making videos could change all video games forever, you're delusional. Everyone in the game industry would have ignored her if gamers didn't prove her point by acting like complete retards in reaction to her opinions.
>>
>>71192336
It's hilarious that anybody is upset over this, on either side.
>>
>>71192327
>Christ, you fucking losers. Criticism is not censorship. Quit getting so fucking triggered by someone pointing things out.
That's literally what she's calling for though. She's not criticising, she's demanding universal change. It literally is exactly "not only do I not like this thing, no one should make this thing and you're a horrible person for liking it"
>>
>>71192248

I wouldn't be surprised if Hollywood put that spin on their marketing. But it doesn't really matter who started it. You either got cucked by Hollywood, or you cucked your self. And now you are running their errands. All for a shitty remake of a silly old Bill Murray movie from the 80's.

This is how you choose to spend your time. Unwillingly advertising a movie you don't even want to watch.
>>
>>71192527
>CALLING FOR CENSORSHIP
oh my god, this is great.

You need to get out more or something. Stop being so emtionally attached to your opinions.

Her videos are nothing more than entry-level feminist criticism, dry videos made to bring AWARENESS to whatever shitty trope she sees.

She isn't demanding change, and she couldn't if she wanted to. Man alive, you fucking gators make me laugh.
>>
Let me see all of his movies and how they do

169m top one
average is 30m per opening
R rated movies so that cuts down the opening and final

230 MILLION DOMESTIC
80 MILLION OPENING WEEKEND
>>
I leave this here for science purposes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prbHolmeNcQ
>>
>>71192422
>If you seriously believe that some lady making videos could change all video games forever, you're delusional.

Not only can individuals create such a change (seriously now, we're not talking about changing that large of a group here), but that's not the problem. The problem with her is being a focal point for a movement that's a lot larger than ONE PERSON. Is she the only one? No.

>Everyone in the game industry would have ignored her if gamers didn't prove her point by acting like complete retards in reaction to her opinions.
They didn't though. Seriously, look it up. Most of the threats she published were sockpuppets. But that's literally exactly different from the abject lies and misrepresentations she made.

She's Jack Thompson mkII and he got further to doing real damage to video games than people want to admit (think about how you still hear people parroting "video games cause violence").
>>
>>71192340
to be honest, atleast the nerd fad pumped more money into the industry so we got atleast something out of it.
they gay-fad era was just pure nonesense.
>>
>>71192610
You are factually and objectively incorrect.
>>
>>71192340
music, literature and philosophy at the highest levels are still safe from this SJW bullshit. I mean nobody can ruin Bach or Kant, not even them.
>>
Literally who gives a shit about any of this? Ghostbusters was a mediocre movie in the first place.
>>
>>71192665

Remember when Gamergaters paired up with Jack Thompson for like a month or so?
>>
>>71192665
>look it up
fuck off, you make a claim, you provide evidence. why should we do your research.
>Jack Thompson Mk.II
He was a politician not a fucking youtuber, and he was still embarrassed and dismissed.

>>71192702
>FACTUALLY INCORRECT
k

and you are a pathetic manchild. kill yourself.
>>
>>71189541
>Not even based Graham Norton can save this train wreck
Jesus
>>
File: 1450841507920.gif (1 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1450841507920.gif
1 MB, 500x281
>>71192732
How DARE you!
>>
>>71192702

>You are [statement] and [emotional outburst]

reals b4 feels.
>>
>>71192795
He's literally in an Anti-Anita documentary. Gators wheeled him in and put him on a pedestal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShRigJQPExs

This is the alt-right. Fucking embarassing.
>>
>>71192844
>I'm too scared to find out I'm wrong to look anything up
>I still somehow think that he had no impact
>I'll just keep yelling "manchild" as if that has any validity in this discussion
>>
>>71189664
Yeah, it's definitely the neckbeards that are writing articles for Salon and Entertainment Weekly
>>
>>71192665
>Most of the threats she published were sockpuppets

Even if this is true, which it probably isn't, when she began her kickstarter, which is what started this whole thing, /v/ was making threads and threads about it and how awful it was, they were collectively freaking out. These people weren't Anita making threads about herself and talking about herself them to make it seem like /v/ hated her. This is how she got attention, gaming communities freaking out for no reason and talking about it, the attention gave her the money.
>>
>>71192981
>I make claims and provide 0 (zero) evidence.
Fucking manchild.
>>
>>71192940
>Gators wheeled him in and put him on a pedestal.

This and Milo's constant dick-sucking made me abandon ship. Well that and I was spamming the fuck out of everyone's feed.
>>
>>71192996
It's the neckbeards providing the material with embarassing youtube videos and imageboard threads.
>>
>>71189838
The RT score is going to be ~80% but the audience score is going to be super low, like 25%.
>>
>>71193049
You mean precisely what you were doing? What's even more fun is that you assert that she doesn't push for censorship which can easily be disproven, but you refuse to even look to disprove it for yourself.
>>
>>71191727

I like you
>>
>>71193125
Then disprove it neckbeard. Show me where she declares that games/movies must do certain things.

If it's so fucking easy. It's your fucking claim that she's attempting to censor, the burdens on you dipshit.
>>
>>71193099
there are always people that hate every movie of any genre before it's released. You can find stupid youtube comments and shit against anything.

The writers only give a shit because it's a convenient shill narrative way to market this movie while also participating in low-brow slacktivism.
>>
>>71193214
>I REFUSE TO PROVE MY ASSRETATIONS BURDUN ON EVERYONE ELSE BUT MY ASSERTIONS ARE IMMUNE TO THIS

You asserted first homie.
>>
>look up release date
>see its still more than 2 weeks out

Can this board get a fucking grip and stop be ass lasted to the goddamn moon about this piece of shit movie?

>how do I protest it?
You don't pay to watch it
>I want to do more
Write a review that a) doesn't mention the original ghostbusters and b) doesn't mention the fact that the main characters are all female

Fuck off with this trash, and stop being such little shits. If you actually paid to watch good movies, then the major industry wouldn't have to cater exclusively to 10 year olds' birthday parties and stupid tumblr pussies who don't know know what a torrent is and would pay to watch the actual earth explode if they were told it would close the "gender wage gap."

Fuck you. Fuck ghostbusters 2. Fuck the force awakens. Fuck game of shit. /film/ NOW.
>>
File: 1460205342494.jpg (46 KB, 569x802) Image search: [Google]
1460205342494.jpg
46 KB, 569x802
>only argument against people who don't like the new ghostbusters movie is calling them manchildren
I can tell they've really sealed the audience with this flick
>>
>>71192699
Video games going mainstream was fucking awesome for gamers. We now get games with better production value than most Hollywood blockbusters and can compete online against millions of people. VR is on the horizon, and there are as many movies being made about game franchises as there are games being made from movie franchises. There's more originality and innovation in the video game industry than any other entertainment medium now, and I love it.

As far as video games are concerned it's a great time to be a genuine nerd. Even the selling out of so-called "journalists" in the industry, and the amazing childish backlash when they were criticised hasn't dampened people's passion for vidya. It's not just mainstream now, it's an unstoppable part of our culture, like music, movies and literature.

History might look back on this time as the golden age of video games.
>>
>>71193294
WHAT

>>71192188
>>71192188
>>71192188
>>71192188

If your next post isn't something intelligennt, then I'll leave you to it. I know you gators live in a different reality. Sort your fucking life out.
>>
File: 1450181105811.png (167 KB, 498x331) Image search: [Google]
1450181105811.png
167 KB, 498x331
>>71193382
>gators
>>
>>71193382
>>71191958

And where exactly have you been remotely "intelligennt" in this? You've been childish and insulting the entire time. Definitely signs of having your life sorted.
>>
File: 1395869839658.gif (2 MB, 400x266) Image search: [Google]
1395869839658.gif
2 MB, 400x266
>>71193382
>gators
>>
>>71193490
Haha. Ok. You made a claim, provided no evidence, told me to look it up, then said I first made the claim, and now here, you whinge about being childish and insulting on a chinese imageboard.

>>71193543
>>71193484
you fucking triggered or what
>>
>>71192940

Was it the same documantary where the creators used their kickstarter to buy a brand new car?

It's all about ethics in crowd funding.
>>
>>71193605
>call self "gaming journalist"
>whore out reviews to companies for money
>get called out by the entire industry
>run crying to the sjw twitter machine
>still crying about "gators" over a year later on tv and film forums on 4chan
Making claims about over-sensitivity isn't where you make your stand against Gamergate, Anon. The entire anti-Gamergate position was that people were triggered by evil internet monsters.
>>
>>71190581
kys
>>
>>71193605
You asserted that she was just a youtuber making videos, nothing more. Where's that proof?
>whinge about being childish and insulting
That doesn't really bother me, but it is hilariously hypocritical coming from someone who keeps posting "manchild" and basing their side on being more mature and more well informed.
>>
>>71193866
what the fuck are you talking about.
>whore out reviews to companies for money
who? when?

I don't live in your internet world, I don't spend hours and hours of everyday talking about random internet people.
>>
Can't wait for this to make 80 mil opening and /tv/ to be asspained
>>
>>71193924
Where's the proof that she's a youtuber?

It's called a youtube channel, it's where she releases her videos. Do you want me to link it?
>>
>>71193968
So basically you literally have no clue what you're talking about, have just latched onto the whole "manchildren are evil" so literally none of them could have had a point with calling her out, and just refuse to have anything assault your image of neckbearded manchildren.
>>
File: melty mike.jpg (45 KB, 345x378) Image search: [Google]
melty mike.jpg
45 KB, 345x378
>>71189541
eh, it was better than the actual remixes of the theme they're putting in the movie
>>
>>71194026
It's the nothing more that needs to be proven.
>>
I happen to like McCarthy & Wiig. Hope this kino doesn't ruin their career.
>>
>>71194036
Again, what the fuck are you talking about.
Is this one of your SJW boogeymen?

>>71194071
What do you think she is doing? Running the show from behind the curtain, is she making moves in the EU? Controlling an Empire under the guise of Social Justice?

What conspiracy are you implying. Fucking insane people.
>>
File: image.png (125 KB, 1006x452) Image search: [Google]
image.png
125 KB, 1006x452
>>71193976
Not gonna happen kid, sorry
>>
>>71193866

If by "whore out reviews" you mean "briefly mentioning a game you find interesting in an article with 50 or so games you find interesting".

But hey, he dated Zoe months after he wrote the article, so there's clearly some sort of agenda or something.
>>
>>71193968
> I don't spend hours and hours of everyday talking about random internet people.
So what? Neither do I. You only need to spend about 5 minutes reading about Gamergate (outside of r/gamerghazi) to know what I'm talking about.

Since you haven't bothered to do even that, why comment on it at all? Why do you feel qualified to call people "gator" when you don't have the faintest idea what Gamergate was?
>>
>>71194149
>linking to reddit
>implying 4chan and reddit has EVER been good at predicting office

The fact is you autist obsess over this movie, people will too
>>
>>71191096
Yeah, and they ended up having to bust some ghosts for real when that black kid died in behind the picture.
>>
>>71194287
>outside of r/gamerghazi
Haha, Otherwise your bullshit might be seen for what it is.
God forbid we see opinions that are different from ours.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (40 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
40 KB, 1280x720
>>71189541
Is Graham Norton popular in America? What about BBC America generally?
>>
File: download.jpg (9 KB, 255x197) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9 KB, 255x197
>>71193382
>gators

THEY KNOW
SHUT IT DOWN
>>
>>71189541
Who gives a fuck now l, honestly. We've stopped caring but they keep running there swollen jaws.

>>The fat one once took a donut from me

I'll let you figure out which one
>>
>>71194122
>conspiracy
No, no conspiracy, but it's pretty hilarious that you're denying any importance at all to what she is and has been doing.

I mean it's pretty bad that I'm so horribly wrong that you're having to resort to extremism, insults, and willful ignorance to disprove me...whew
>>
>>71194358
No. We have too many things. Conan for the patrician, Fallon for the plebeians.

Maybe a Tavis Smilley if you're feeling frisky.
>>
>>71189541
holy fuck did you hear that ape screaming when that fag came on the tv? that was unholy
>>
>>71194403
You've still to provide evidence she's trying to censor gaming or other mediums.

Criticism is not censorship.
I'll keep repeating that until you get it.

Her audience are peopel who already agree, just like the alt-right fuckwits, preaching to the choir. If you ever leave your echo chambers you'd see that.
>>
>>71194403

So the fact that people are caling you out on your bullshit, is proof that your delusions are warranted?

Is there a history of schizophreia in your familly or something?
>>
>>71194423
I thought that would be the case. They're all libs but I have a soft spot for Kimmel - he's been involved in Windy City Heat and other stuff which is bretty cool.

What about the other stuff on BBC America? Always hear Americans going on about Sherlock, Top Gear, Dr Who so some people must be watching it
>>
>>71194423
>BBC America

I do enjoy Chef Ramsey & the reruns of ST:TNG that I watch in passing.
>>
>>71194240
These games "reviewers" for major gaming sites admitted it was normal for people in that part of the industry to accept bribes, favours and presents from AAA production companies in exchange for positive reviews. It was common knowledge and never even denied because of all the fucking archives of them talking about it. There was even a group, GameJournoPros, where 150 of them all congregated to literally conspire against their consumers for personal gain. They haven't denied any of this because they can't, it's on the fucking record. This is the scandal that Gamergate was originally about.

When they were confronted with the dishonesty of this, they went full damage control, insulted their entire audience and started throwing around accusations of bigotry, redirecting and reframing the discussion to avoid addressing the issue. Again, at no point did they deny their corruption or even address it, because they were bang to rights.

I shouldn't have to still be informing people about this shit, it's not new, and information isn't exactly hard to find.
>>
>>71194641
>This is the scandal that Gamergate was originally about.
I wish. You retards sabotaged the few legit points you had by making it about Quinn at first.
>>
>>71194641
>GameJournoPros, where 150 of them all congregated to literally conspire against their consumers for personal gain
Literally just a mailing list. Something Journalist in most areas have.

>This is the scandal that Gamergate was originally about.
No it wasn't. It started after a fucking beta posted a blog whinging about his ex cheating on him.
The biggest cuckold in internet history.

>It was common knowledge and never even denied because of all the fucking archives of them talking about it
Link please.

>These games "reviewers" for major gaming sites admitted it was normal for people in that part of the industry to accept bribes, favours and presents from AAA production companies in exchange for positive reviews.
Link please

>and information isn't exactly hard to find.
and yet, you've provide no sources or citations. Interesting.

>They haven't denied any of this because they can't
>never even denied
Haha, THEY NEVER DENIED IT SO IT MUST BE TRUE.

Christ.
>>
>>71194351
Are you seriously defending gamerghazi?

Go post something on there, anything that isn't hate directed at men/gamers/honest journalism, and let us know how long it took for them to ban you.
>>
>>71194786
>https://www.reddit.com/r/GamerGhazi/comments/4pggjh/tom_hiddlestons_underwear_shots_expose_our_double/

Hmm. Seems to be something mens lib would be in favour of.

>honest journalism
What are you referring to here. Please be Brietbart. Please.

Are you implying I should read KotakuinAction? Or MensRights? Where should I get my information.
>>
>>71190587
>Maybe it's because the trailer looked really bad,
people were mad when this movie was just a rumor so I kind of doubt that

the line were drawn from the beginning
>>
>>71194641

And all of this was pretty much known for years before the Zoe incident. Yet, it took a girl cheating on her boyfriend to awaken the mighty warriors of the internet? Perhaps spurred on by a feminazi (Anita, blesed is her name) turning her judgmental eyes on the gaming community? And let's not forget that the gentle neo-nazis of /pol/ worked quite hard to get the gaming community to jump on their anti-feminism wagon. So yeah, the gaming journalism deserved a good boot to it's ass. It's just weird that all it took to get it rolling was slut-shaming and anti-feminism.
>>
>>71193214
This is someone who argues that video games lead to unhealthy cultural practices. Name me one person who has made a similar argument to hers that doesn't ultimately want to censor things out of the media they don't like.

On a related note, this is the person who went to the UN to cry that ISPs should do more to censor people who say things that hurt her feelings.
>>
File: alt right.png (449 KB, 1000x721) Image search: [Google]
alt right.png
449 KB, 1000x721
>its a gamergate thread
>>
>>71193382
Honestly due the whole gamergate thing died out some time ago. It just goes to show, seeing how buttmad people like you still are, that gamergate was maybe more effective than you would like to admit.
>>
>>71189648
Islam it's the go to for all your murdering intent religion.
>>
>>71195001
>that doesn't ultimately want to censor things out of the media they don't like.
Are you dense? Arguing a point which doesn't exist. Why would you fucking waste me time.
>>
>>71195122

>if I am stupid enough to make you mad, maybe I am actually smart and I am not stupid and you are being butthurt

Gamergater, 2016.

You can't make this shit up.
>>
File: 1399861007171.gif (775 KB, 150x125) Image search: [Google]
1399861007171.gif
775 KB, 150x125
>>71195036
>it's another ad hom/strawman deflection of the issue
>>
>>71195161
Because it doesn't fit your narrative of "criticism isn't ever at all and can never be a call for censorship", right?
>>
>>71195161
I made a perfectly relevant point about Anita Sarkeesian's censorious rhetoric regarding video games and direct evidence of her advocating for internet censorship.

Now do you have an actual worthwhile response or are you just going to act like a child and namecall? Because if that's the case then I win the argument.
>>
>>71195231
Because a fucking theoretical point, based on nothing, is not an actual point to have.

>>71195246
>censorious rhetoric
CRITICISM IS NOT CENSORSHIP.
>direct evidence of her advocating for internet censorship.
her EU report was shit and Quinn admitted as such, but it was not about CENSOSHIP. You fucking love that word don't you.

No namecalling now is there.
>>
>>71195199
I honestly moved on with my life. Why are you still so upset about a brief internet movment that is all but over at this point?
>>
>>71195321

You've spent hours defending this thing you "moved on" from, why don't you tell me?
>>
>>71195321
>Why are you still so upset about a brief internet movment that is all but over at this point?
This was the stupid bullshit argument SJWs were using at the start. "It's just video games, why are you so angry?"

You became an insufferable cunt in the process. Congrats.
>>
>>71195321
>I honestly moved on with my life
Imagine your life being about it in the first place.
>>
>>71195313

She implicity advocates for censorship. She very much stated in her criticism that video games should not have content that she finds sexist or harmful to women.
>>
>>71195394
I just got here bud. But keep on with the internet tantrum. This is actually entertaining to watch you melt down like this.
>>
>>71195313
>Because a fucking theoretical point, based on nothing, is not an actual point to have.
You mean the nothing of going and speaking with game designers, with google, with the UN? Those are some pretty fucking big nothings.

>>71195313
>her EU report was shit and Quinn admitted as such, but it was not about CENSOSHIP. You fucking love that word don't you.
You literally have no clue what you're talking about. The UN thing was explicitly and literally exactly about censorship.
>>
Bustin' makes me feel good.
>>
>>71195514
She literally says in here videos that she enjoys stuff she finds "problematic" .

Her words explicity contradict your claims.
>>
>>71195463
It wasn't. It was one of several things I followed in the media that I found fascinating.

I supported it because I have no respect for gender bigots that want to make me feel bad for liking titties.
>>
>>71195558
>Those are some pretty fucking big nothings.
YES. WELL DONE.

Symbolic gestures. How much fucking influence do you think she has? This is where you look like a conspiracy nut.
>>
File: 1456702239432.jpg (144 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1456702239432.jpg
144 KB, 1920x1200
>>71195552
>>71195616
>backpedalling so hard you have to post twice
You're the reason GG went to shit. Go back to /baph/.
>>
>>71195616
>that want to make me feel bad for liking titties.
nice strawman muh nigga.

feminism is huge and complicated and half of those gender bigots are in favour of legalising prostitution, allowing women to express their sexuality however they wise, and would prefer that men are objectified equally.
>>
>>71189541
The blond chick is the only one who kinda realizes how much they fucked up lmao.
>>
>>71195679
Not even sure what that is. I haven't dedicated as much time to this whole thing as you.
>>
>>71195628
>Symbolic gestures. How much fucking influence do you think she has? This is where you look like a conspiracy nut.

How the fuck would that make anyone look like a conspiracy nut? Things being done out in the open are literally the exact opposite of being a conspiracy nut AND claiming that such is not an indicator of her level of influence IS implying that there's a conspiracy that reaches beyond game developers and internet companies to the fucking UN to pretend she has influence..wtf?

It reminds me of an article I read about the Black Lives Matters protesters sitting in front of President Obama saying "we feel like no one is listening to us", and him replying "You're sitting in the office of the US president".
>>
>>71189541

so...does everyone involved with this movie actually hate ghostbusters? They clearly don't care about the original.
>>
>>71195738
So you're not only insufferable but ignorant as well?
>>
>>71195687
>objectification

Women are objects, like every other physical piece of matter.

Consensual sexuality is not "objectification" no matter what your gender studies teacher says.
>>
>making fun of the audiences who pay to see movies

Great marketing Sony.
Addressing the hate doesn't change the fact that a majority of people, regardless of gender, still are actively boycotting your film.
>>
File: Ghostbusters Google trends.png (16 KB, 862x317) Image search: [Google]
Ghostbusters Google trends.png
16 KB, 862x317
Ghostbusters 2016 is going to flop worse than Fantastic Four
>>
File: 1456866236633.jpg (36 KB, 261x257) Image search: [Google]
1456866236633.jpg
36 KB, 261x257
>>71195815
>Women are objects, like every other physical piece of matter.
>>
>>71195804
No I just haven't devoted myself to the matter as you have.

You do realize if you find me insufferable you can just leave and go somewhere else?
>>
>>71189541
>keep making fun of men
>movie comes out and fails

Last laugh.
>>
>>71195752
>Symbolic gestures.
>Symbolic gestures.
>Symbolic gestures.
>Symbolic gestures.

>>71195815
>consensual sexuality.
literally my point. parts of feminism are in favour of this. people are not objects though, take that back to your redpill friends m80
>>
>>71189648

nigga you think that's bad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AQ44nPrRTM
>>
>>71195867
Interesting image. That's not actually a refutation though.
>>
File: image.jpg (80 KB, 1052x499) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80 KB, 1052x499
>>71190346
>>
>>71195878
I'd rather keep you quarantined to this thread if it means you won't spread your dumb everywhere else.

Why would you inject yourself into a conversation without knowing the subject matter? Even children know better.
>>
File: 1356080585314.jpg (35 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1356080585314.jpg
35 KB, 640x480
>kristen wiig's face

holy fucking shit
>>
>>71195914
No, it's a reaction. I reacted to your stupid post.
>>
>>71195851
oops, forgot to mention that
Blue is Ghostbusters 1984

Red is Ghostbusters 2016
>>
>>71195894
By definition an object is anything that is tangible to the senses.

So yes women are objects just like all organisms.
>>
>>71195894
I love how you think that repeating things makes them true.

This btw is called magical thinking.
>>
>>71195957
Now you're just pouting. You must be miserable to be around in real life.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 41

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.