[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why was the last episode so shitty? Does anyone actually give
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4
File: orange is the new black.png (1 MB, 940x529) Image search: [Google]
orange is the new black.png
1 MB, 940x529
Why was the last episode so shitty? Does anyone actually give a shit about any of these characters? None of them are likeable. This whole season it felt like they were building up to some serious shit, but then it just ends as a cliffhanger without resolving any tension.

Also I don't get the whole turn of Poussay, why is she now some saintly creature? She was a criminal and an alcoholic, not some pure innocent butterfly.

Every time I watch one of these seasons I think to myself "Why did I watch this? I hate this show", yet I watch it every year.
>>
>>71168725
the show is for women which is prob why
>>
>>71168725
>Also I don't get the whole turn of Poussay, why is she now some saintly creature? She was a criminal and an alcoholic, not some pure innocent butterfly.
Were you even watching? The whole point was to show that she was a good, loving person who made a small mistake and lost their life due to negligence and brutality. She in no way deserved to die.
>>
>>71168934
The turn and smile at the end was pretty gay desu
>>
Stop shilling your Tumblr show.
>>
>>71168934
>Were you even watching? The whole point was to show that she was a good, loving person who made a small mistake and lost their life due to negligence and brutality.
>Criminals can't just be criminals they need to be people who make mistakes
Yes there are some prisoners are like that, but not every single one of them. Yeah, she didn't deserve to die, but shit happens. It's such forced shit. I don't feel bad at all because there's no realism in this show and the characters all seem too fucking phony to be real. They could all die in the next Episode and I honestly would not give a single shit. I'd turn off the show, jerk off, then go to sleep.

>>71168988
It legitimately annoyed me.
>>
>>71168725
This season was certainly better than the last one.
That being said, they forced a lot of situations with some very unrealistic handling of the serious situations that played out.
>>
The only one I gave a shit about got crushed so fuck it I'm out
>>
>>71168725
i like the neo nazis introduced this season
>>
I thought season 3 was shit and only started watching season 4 because my family wanted to watch it with me. I'm pleasantly surprised with the new season, after the first few episodes (which are shit) it gets unironically good again
>>
Poussey has always been one of the nicer girls. Still a criminal, but in season 1 she was background comic relief, season 2 she was trying to save all the black girls from Vee's influence, and season 3 she was depressed as fuck because tfw no gf. Since she got a gf and there was nobody threatening to turn her friends into gang bangers it wasn't too much of a leap to make her really chill all season.
>>
>>71168988
I love Poussey and all her background shit but that was just terrible. Maybe if they had her glance at the camera really quickly it wouldn't have been bad but she just stands there and chuckles at nothing while staring directly into the camera.
>>
>>71168725
>Every time I watch one of these seasons I think to myself "Why did I watch this? I hate this show", yet I watch it every year

This how everyone feels after they watch jenji kohan's shows, and fuck her.
>>
>>71169801
It's nothing but built up tension that never goes anywhere. There's never any really good payoff. All of the build up is either completely cleared up instantly and disappointingly, or it's a cliffhanger for the next season to resolve disappointingly. Say what you will about Breaking Bad, but at least that show paid off its tension
>>
I used to like OITNB because it was a funny show that also brought up some social commentary but this last season they just went "omg guys we are so #woke!"

>that scene in the supermarket with Crazy Eyes "hey in america u can guy guns and orange juice at the same place!! social commentary!"
>that close-up on the girl's flag tattoo (the one from the South which I don't know the name I'm not American) while Piper looks terrified
>pretty much namedropping black lives matter

Also it seems to me that they focused on all the wrong characters, it felt like I watched 13 episodes where no subplots ever happened. just think of what happened to a character and you'll see how they didn't progress at all in this season:

>Pensatucky took 13 episodes to forgive a CO
>Taystee now has two or three exchanges about being a jew with a muslim (which is also a new character that has no personality and did nothing special)
>Piper did literally nothing this season

Also probably the worst ending of all seasons, between Poussey looking at the camera and the cliffhanger with the gun
>>
I watched a few episodes of the first season. I really wanted MC's marriage to last, but I had a bad feeling it wouldn't. ;__;
>>
Poussey's "flashbacks" in the last episode were made up/afterlife right?
>>
>>71170160
That shit with the gun was very very forced...as was a lot of the things involving the guards.
There is no way the other guards would let a gun in the prison, because of the possibility that plays out. You can just, "bro its cool" a gun into a prison like that.
>>
>>71170264
I was expecting some bad shit to happened, but it never did.

I read someone talk about how they were there to compare/contrast Bayley's flashbacks in the previous episode.
>>
>>71170289
*cant just
>>
>>71170289
It was so forced

>a bunch of new super strict guards show up in the prison
>they are all racist
>they are all white

>new inmates
>half are regular latinas
>the other half are actual neo nazis

>the last two episodes with two white preppy guys that are supposed to be the representation of how media "whitewashes" everything

Whoever wrote this season is suffering from some really strong white guilt
>>
>>71170160
The worst shit from this show was that one season where it goes:
>white inmates say racist shit about mexicans
>black inmates say racist shit about whites
>mexicans say black people cant float and have huge dicks
>>
KEK: The Series
>>
File: 1454550979329.jpg (23 KB, 393x360) Image search: [Google]
1454550979329.jpg
23 KB, 393x360
>that ending shot with the camera revolving around the mexicunt
so cringe
>>
>>71168725
>"Why did I watch this? I hate this show", yet I watch it every year.

thank goodness I don't watch shitflix crap
>>
>>71170358
yea, even Alex is suffering from guilt for NO REASON. Not being able to handle that she technically killed that hitman...even though he was mid-murder when lolly stopped him. Alex as always portrayed as very cut throat, shrewd, and pragmatic. This coming from her mid-upper management position with a drug cartel. High enough to be aware of serious shit, but low enough to mostly avoid it as long she was careful. This made her quite ruthless, and now she is a big softie for no real reason.
>>
>>71170264
Nah, it was more like an attempt to emphasize how she was a really chill happy person even though she lost her shot at West Point and how prison completely ruined that for her.
>>
Am I the only one that feels bad for Healy? The flashbacks that he had really make me sympathize with him and it just pisses me off how many tumblrtards demonize him because muh soggy knee
>>
>nazis = BAD

>niggas, queers, retards = GOOD

Nice propaganda, Netshit.
>>
>>71171830
He was pretty much the only nuanced character this season

Everyone else was black or white (pun intended)
>>
>>71171830
Healy has always been my favorite character, he has an interesting story outside the prison, has to deal with all the nutjobs in the prison and they finally gave him some backstory, pretty good little bit of backstory too. Though his mother being a lesbian kind of pissed me off like why does every goddamn woman on this show have to muffdive fuck you jenji I know you want every woman in the world to be a lesbian but thats not how it works
>>
>>71172512
It would be nice if we got a male reoccurring character that wasn't a rapist
>>
>>71172602
Caputo?
>>
>>71172512
>why does every goddamn woman on this show have to muffdive fuck you jenji I know you want every woman in the world to be a lesbian but thats not how it works

this

it gets annoying after a while
>>
>>71169675
pretty sure she only got time because she was caught trying to sell the rest of her weed stash she was telling that pretend monk about.
>>
>>71170264
Afterlife, yes.
Are people really, unironically too stupid to get this?
>>
i cringe when piper does that stare thing when talking to people and talking with that voice
>>
>>71172512
Probably to explain his big lesbian hate boner, bro.
>>
>guards commit dozens of genuine abuses
>no one cares
>guard kills someone in a genuine accident that he wasn't even responsible for
>everyone in the prison starts rioting, putting the guards that are just doing their jobs in more danger than the abusive ones
good metaphor for BLM if I'm honest
>>
>write off all the normal guards
>replace them all with mustache twirling supervillians

this show is just so absurd now.
>>
File: She didn't drive so good.png (2 MB, 838x1412) Image search: [Google]
She didn't drive so good.png
2 MB, 838x1412
What did they mean by this?
>>
>>71173566
i miss this character
>>
>>71173329
Piper is the worst character on the show.
I literally, not kidding or memeing here, i literally skip every scene that centers around her.
>>
THE DANIMALS
THE DANIMALS
>>
>>71170358
>a bunch of new super strict guards show up in the prison
>they are all racist
>they are all white
But what about the very much black guard?
>>
>>71170610
Remember, she said he was pretty much a friend she had to kill, after he tried to kill her, and not just some random hitman
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.