[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Don't Hug Me I'm Scared #6
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 135
Thread images: 21
File: Untitled.png (299 KB, 603x599) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
299 KB, 603x599
So, The Economist just published an article about Don't Hug Me I'm Scared.

What in the ever living fuck?!

New DHMIS: https://youtu.be/dbL-NSkXnl8

Economist Article: http://econ.st/28T4bud
>>
I watched the two first episodes, and it seems pretty lame.

What is it with people thinking juxtaposition with child like things is a genius idea? The first epiosde is pretty forgetable, it talks about creativity and then ends up with them playing with a heart, the only good thing was tlwhen the notepad says to stop being creative.
>>
File: pesky_bee.gif (1 MB, 260x146) Image search: [Google]
pesky_bee.gif
1 MB, 260x146
Watch 'em all if you are uninitiated:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLnufdQ6tx1yengVcvkH5wW2rWYRstsc-t
>>
>>71165197
You need to go deeper. There is a subtext storyline going on here.

See some of the analyses out there (such as: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLEDm85pyKmtFBwRaRe26HueVaHyU1KIGZ ). They seems crazy at first, but as the episodes went on it seemed their conspiracies about the subtle details in the show were pretty accurate.
>>
File: memegenerator.jpg (112 KB, 450x373) Image search: [Google]
memegenerator.jpg
112 KB, 450x373
>>71165645
You only need to go deep enough to see themes and ideas being expressed.
When you're searching for answers to "OMG WHAT IS THE SIGNIFICANCE OF JUNE 20TH" then you're autistic and have missed the only points that matter.
>>
File: tut_tut.jpg (9 KB, 190x247) Image search: [Google]
tut_tut.jpg
9 KB, 190x247
>>71165862
Just an aside: it isn't the significance of June 20th or 19th as a date that matters, but rather the significance of it remaining June 19th consistently for all prior episodes.
>>
I thought they were cool until thet blew up due to OMG THIS IS SO FUCKED UP :(((( and started making a bunch of predictable sequels
>>
>>71164803
Can someone explain to me the "___________ EXPLAINED!" and the "ALL THE EASTER EGGS IN __________" genre of youtube videos? It seems like that and "let's play" style videos are the majority of content on youtube. Are there really that many people that want to hear 20-something kids that still live with their parents overanalyze shit?
>>
File: fucktard.jpg (10 KB, 293x208) Image search: [Google]
fucktard.jpg
10 KB, 293x208
>>71166120
>predictable sequels
>>
I really liked the animated part
>>
>babbys first surrealism

I bet the retards that made this crap only watched some Lynch films and thought they were geniuses.
>>
>>71166252
I promise you I'm not being paranoid.
It's YouTube accounts taking advantage of fake "nerd culture" for ad revenue.

New Witcher coming out but plebs don't want to play the other games/read a book/read a paragraph on Wikipedia? Just watch by new "Ten things YOU didn't know about ....." video!

Your boyfriend Beck says he is the biggest game of thrones fan? Watch my videos so that YOU can be the biggest nerd!
>>
>>71166252
>Are there really that many people that want to hear 20-something kids that still live with their parents overanalyze shit?
This is the part I don't understand. I can get making them, since they require no effort and have the potential to bring in some money, but they all have millions and millions of views, even videos of some guy watching videos and overreacting to them gets millions of views and majority upvotes. I don't know who watches these videos.
>>
>>71166252
>It seems like that and "let's play" style videos are the majority of content on youtube
>thousands of videos uploaded EVERY MINUTE
>thinking reaction videos are the majority

You need to go back and re-think how big is youtube, if you browse only russian prank videos, it's the only thing that will pop up in your feed.
>>
>>71166471
Literal subhuman trash
>>
The song in the third one is really catchy.
>>
>>71166513
Check out the asperger's on this guy.
>>
File: dhmis_clown_slowdown.gif (886 KB, 500x260) Image search: [Google]
dhmis_clown_slowdown.gif
886 KB, 500x260
>>71166597
He has a point tho
>>
>>71166412
This is not being paranoid.

This is "fake nerd culture" that started all the way back to 2010/2011.

A lot of shit caused fake nerd culture to start, including 90 kids reaching their 18 at the same time and taking "liking what I liked as a child" to an unhealthy level + people not facing any difficulty and growing as over-pampered manchildren + media as a whole giving up on niches and just making everything to men and women of all ages because it's cheaper and easier + music industry getting more and more sterile after pushing way too many mediocricy down people's throats, etc
>>
IM A COMPUTER
IM A COMPUTER-Y GUY
EVERYTHING MADE OUT OF BUTTONS AND WIRES
>>
>>71166822
let's get creative~
>>
>>71166822
the majority of popular content*
There, does that calm your nerves? Of course there are thousands upon of videos of people's kids farting and shitty dad-rock cover bands. I apologize for forgetting everyone on this board takes everything literally.
>>
>>71166917
>IM A COMPUTER

great, show me your computered tits then, girl.
>>
File: 3252111.gif (962 KB, 270x392) Image search: [Google]
3252111.gif
962 KB, 270x392
Literally only care about this for the black humor and memes. The pseudo-symbolism is shallow as fuck.
>>
>>71164803
Can't wait for the Economist's next article

>whacky internet youngsters mislead unsuspecting internet users into clicking Rick Astley music video!
>>
>>71166988
>black humor
Uh ok buddy.
>>
>>71167033
They're putting together a special issue on the rare pepe market.
>>
>>71166988
Is it even present? All the comment-section analyses I've read have been just vague enough to be plausible without being specific enough to actually have any ground.

Personally, I think the content is good enough to enjoy without coming up with some random "deeper" meaning to it all.
>>
There doesn't need to be some thought provoking meta narrative for the videos to be entertaining
They're well made, and I find the up front black humor in each episode amusing
I appreciate that they took the time to leave some connecting bread crumbs hidden throughout the series, but they're not required to 'get' the story
>>
Wonder Showzen did it bigger, better and with much, much more balls

>that patience episode
>>
>>71166885
2007 is the acknowledged date, but you're right.
>>
>>71167112

>They're well made

False.
>>
>>71167113
Slaves!
>>
>>71167147
ok then, no need to back that up with anything, i'll take your word for it
>>
The people that make these are artists, not story tellers. The whole point is to stir an emotional and maybe even physical reaction. It's performance art. It's not a narrative with a three act structure that needs to be figured out.
"Childrens programming that goes horribly wrong" is all you need to know.
>>
>>71164803
>What in the ever living fuck?!
Do people older than 13 really react like this to anything?
>>
Wonder Showzen already did this.
>>
>>71167204
I'm 31 breh.
>>
>>71167230
Christ, that's awful. To be your age and to act like that? I'd be embarrassed to honestly say that in this context.
>>
ITT:

>It's on Youtube and teenagers like it, so that means it's bad.
>>
>>71166962
>IM A COMPUTER-Y GUY
>GUY
>>
>>71167276
It's not bad. It's just mediocre.
>>
>>71167172

No need to waste my time with a retard that thinks that this crap is well made.

Consider the works from other surrealist artists and hopefully you'll discover how shit and pathetic are these videos.

>>71167276

More like it's shallow, pedantic and pretty much hollow so it's really bad.

Pretty much babbys first surrealism or le creepy randumb video for the Reddit audience like you.

Even crap like Salad Fingers has better symbolisms and depth than this piece of shit.
>>
File: UfgpRiL.png (1 MB, 1289x720) Image search: [Google]
UfgpRiL.png
1 MB, 1289x720
>>71166962
>>
>>71167426
try to pack more buzzwords and random adjectives into your post without actually creating an argument
your post was awful, but i believe you can do even worse
>>
>>71167502

>m-m-m-muh buzzwords

You literally can't prove me wrong and you know it, you're a fucking retard which explains why you like this crap.
>>
>>71167426
>No need to waste my time with a retard that thinks that this crap is well made.

How convenient

>implying something has to be "lol so deeeeep" to be good

The puppeteering, character designs, songs, atmosphere, humor, and everything else make it good without having to pin some interpretation to it.

Besides, people create their own meaning. The author is dead. Take away from it what you will.
>>
>>71167534
i can't prove you wrong because none of your 'points' were actually directed at the video
you have no argument
>>
File: 1456460831752.jpg (22 KB, 400x227) Image search: [Google]
1456460831752.jpg
22 KB, 400x227
>>71167426
>>71167534
>I don't have to explain myself to you! You just wouldn't get it d-dummy!
>>
File: jiggle_puter_burichan.gif (63 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
jiggle_puter_burichan.gif
63 KB, 400x400
>>71167261
>Says the 4chan user
We are all garbage. Admit it.
>>
>>71167646
The fact that I use 4chan and still get embarrassed this badly by your behavior carries more weight, if anything. Fucking disgraceful. I've been using /b/ for 7 years and this is getting replies from me like this.
>>
>>71167591
>>71167599

>I don't have to explain myself to you! You just wouldn't get it d-dummy!

>How convenient

Problem is that the only option you have to learn new things is by reaction videos from other retards like you, if you could actually think and investigate on your own and then you would understand why this is crap.

>>71167593

>More like it's shallow, pedantic and pretty much hollow so it's really bad.

>Pretty much babbys first surrealism or le creepy randumb video for the Reddit audience like you.

>Even crap like Salad Fingers has better symbolisms and depth than this piece of shit.

Learn to read you fucking idiot. No wonder you consider this crap deep or hard to understand.
>>
>youtube show
>quality

Pick none
>>
>>71167746
Why can't I pick quality?
>>
>>71167714
Goodness, you still visit /b/? I see the gravity of the situation now.
>>
>>71167738
> if you could actually think and investigate on your own and then you would understand why this is crap.

No, after i've done just that, i've come to my own conclusion that it's very well made.

Also, read the second part of my post.>>71167591
>>
File: Louis.jpg (115 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
Louis.jpg
115 KB, 1200x675
I always wanted to be an actor and acted my whole life and did improv in highschool and was president of the troupe my senior year. Then i went to film school to be a director and now im super fucked up. I just want things to go back to the way they were. What do I do T_T
>>
>>71167534

He's right though. You're just memes and buzzwords. Talk like a human and not a dumb autist raised on 4chan.
>>
>>71167738
>shallow
each episode has an underlying theme, while each theme is simple the fact that they aren't always obvious to the viewer upon the initial viewing
the fact that there is more to the video than the surface level means that by definition they are not shallow
>pedantic
poor choice of adjective to respond to a video
>hollow
you used a synonym for shallow because you couldn't think of another adjective, see above counterargument for shallow

>Pretty much babbys first surrealism or le creepy randumb video for the Reddit audience like you.
this line is baseless conjecture and accusations, and littered with said 'buzzwords' designed to make people respond to you, so congratulations, i guess you succeeded

>Even crap like Salad Fingers has better symbolisms and depth than this piece of shit.
'symbolism' isn't a comparable idea, this line is unprovable

your turn
try to respond with cursing this time
>>
>>71165220
Whoa
>>
>>71167859
>>71167924

Not gonna waste my time with aborted retards like you, no wonder art is dying nowadays.

>>71167972

>each episode has an underlying theme, while each theme is simple the fact that they aren't always obvious to the viewer upon the initial viewing the fact that there is more to the video than the surface level means that by definition they are not shallow

Something a 3 years old could come up with and it shows in this stupid videos, fucking idiot.

>poor choice of adjective to respond to a video

Because I'm right, fucking idiot.

>you used a synonym for shallow because you couldn't think of another adjective, see above counterargument for shallow

These videos are still hollow and shallow, you stupid Redditor.

>this line is baseless conjecture and accusations, and littered with said 'buzzwords' designed to make people respond to you, so congratulations, i guess you succeeded

>this line is baseless conjecture and accusations, and littered with said 'buzzwords' designed to make people respond to you, so congratulations, i guess you succeeded

Not an argument

>'symbolism' isn't a comparable idea, this line is unprovable

You literally have no idea of what you're talking about, you fucking idiot.

>try to respond with cursing this time

The only way to respond to idiots like you is by cursing because you're a fucking retard, fuck off.
>>
so for someone who's watched them all but never really paid attention, what are the connections between the videos or whatever people theorize about the videos?
>>
>>71168159
You're just going to be linked to youtube videos, why bother asking instead of searching?
>>
File: 6070-32706-7161.jpg (25 KB, 500x362) Image search: [Google]
6070-32706-7161.jpg
25 KB, 500x362
>>71168114
>Not gonna waste my time with aborted retards like you

>I-I WON'T EVEN ADDRESS YOUR A-ARGUMENT, Y-YOU'RE SO CLEARLY DUMB

Too many anons like you on this board, they think they're intelligent because they can call anyone who likes what they don't "stupid" and insult them until they check out of an argument that's going nowhere

Take out all the insults from you posts, and you've got nothing. No case at all.
>>
>>71168114
>Something a 3 years old could come up with and it shows in this stupid videos, fucking idiot.
find me a 3 year old that can come up with that and I'll admit your counterargument isn't shit

>Because I'm right, fucking idiot.
you were right to choose an inappropriate adjective?

>These videos are still hollow and shallow, you stupid Redditor.
see, when I make a point you can't just say 'NUH UH THEY ARE SHALLOW"
that's not how debate works

>Not an argument
you're right, it was pointing out that your line wasn't an argument either, well done

>You literally have no idea of what you're talking about, you fucking idiot.
failed to respond to my point

>The only way to respond to idiots like you is by cursing because you're a fucking retard, fuck off.
the way to respond to a logical counterargument is by throwing a tantrum?
yeah, ok kid
i'm done here, for someone who said he didn't want to waste his time on this, so far that's all you've done, and having a debate with you is the equivalent of conversing with a brick wall with the word 'fuck' painted on it
>>
>>71168231
>>71168260

Nobody wants you in here, you stupid redditor fucks.
>>
>>71168231

Except I do, retard.

Now fuck off.

>i'm done here, for someone who said he didn't want to waste his time on this, so far that's all you've done, and having a debate with you is the equivalent of conversing with a brick wall with the word 'fuck' painted on it

Good riddance, retard.

Nobody will miss your stupidity in here.
>>
>>71168287
Just go to >>71167112 and click the little box to the left of it with the - in it and you'll hide all further replies to either of these retards. They can rub their dicks together and the thread can continue. Same with those "lol reply or ur mom" posts.
>>
File: 11062-18691-31648.jpg (90 KB, 361x356) Image search: [Google]
11062-18691-31648.jpg
90 KB, 361x356
>>71168316
>Except I do, retard.
>proceeds to fill a yet another post with nothing but insults

At least be like>>71168287 and don't put any effort into your bait
>>
>>71168392
That was clearly bait anon
>>
>>71168468
Improving your 4chan experience is never bait, it helps everyone because there will always be mongoloid arguments and we don't need to suffer them.
>>
>>71168392
>>71168393

Reddit is officially mad.
>>
the disconnected arbiters of pre-internet economics missed the boat on people watching people play video games being the biggest money maker on the internet so now they're desperate to be there at the start of any "next big thing."
>>
>>71168576
Why get mad when I can fix it?
>>
File: patien.jpg (53 KB, 640x358) Image search: [Google]
patien.jpg
53 KB, 640x358
>>71167113
>>
File: diediedie.jpg (60 KB, 381x500) Image search: [Google]
diediedie.jpg
60 KB, 381x500
>people complaining about DHMIS

don't cut urself on all that edge
>>
>>71167113
THIS

and let's be clear: back when wonder showzen came out, the idea of making sesame street, but edgy, was already the HACKIEST IDEA EVER

Wonder Showzen is extremely good because it didn't rest on its lazy premise, and did things in a non-obvious, consistently inventive way
>>
When it was just a parody of childrens cartoons and life lessons it was good, now it's just LOL META DEEPEST LORE pretentious bullshit.
>>
>>71167113
You always make this comparison but they don't have any similarities beyond the concept of an edgy sesame street.
>>
>/tv/ is too edgy to enjoy the literally only good thing on youtube right now
Whatever, enjoy your hundreds of channels that only rely on pop culture and vlogs instead of the chemo.
>>
>>71168114
This is where this guy proved he wasn't worth arguing with. Just let him be mad and pretend like his opinion matters.

For real though he is just posting "it's shit and you are shit" over and over in colorful ways. The other posters actually making arguments this guy is just sperging "NUH UH ITS SHIT IM COOL LOOK AT ME"
>>
>>71169352
Only the final episode was like that for the sake of explaining what the fuck was it all about, there's no reason to hate.
>>
>>71169573

Nobody cares, Reddit.

Fuck off.
>>
>>71167116
what happened in 2007?
>>
>>71169688
>>71169688
I will allow you to vent, I understand that sperging at people on 4chan is the only thing you have in your pathetic life. It is ok, let it out. This is a safe place.
>>
>>71169616
Nah, more and more of the episodes have been dedicated to meta commentary. I really liked the first half of the digital one.
>>
>>71169753

>reddit "humor"
>>
>>71169713
>iPhone announced
>kids start using facebook
>Halo 3
>Big Bang Theory

And dozens of other key examples I can't think of.
>>
>>71169887
This is good, we are getting somewhere.
So about this Reddit boogeyman, did it touch you?
>>
File: 1461084652625.png (168 KB, 312x300) Image search: [Google]
1461084652625.png
168 KB, 312x300
>>71164803
>What in the ever living fuck?!

welcome to the future

memes all the way down
>>
File: 1384313667860.png (12 KB, 560x407) Image search: [Google]
1384313667860.png
12 KB, 560x407
>tfw you just like it for the fun songs
>>
>television and film have been so objectively shit this year people are actually looking seriously at youtube

dark times ahead.
>>
File: morpheus.jpg (84 KB, 1016x1016) Image search: [Google]
morpheus.jpg
84 KB, 1016x1016
>>71166988
>"Marlene watches from the wall" starts playing
>>
>>71169980

>reddit "humor"
>>
>>71167276
>youtube cartoon

You might be in the wrong neighbourhood.
>>
>>71166988
there were no black people in any of the episodes
>>
you can instantly tell if an article is shit or not if the first word is in all caps
>>
>>71166917
...EVEN DIGITAL DANCING. HEY THIS IS FUN!
>>
so does yellow guys hair grow every single episode ?
>>
>>71167454
Why was his dad so weird
>>
>>71165197
The first one was good because you never really expected it to go where it was going. After that surprise had been ruined in the next episodes, it was a severe downgrade.
>>
For some reason I felt really bad for yellow guy in the most recent episode.
>>
>>71166917
Not sure why I really liked that part where the red guy touches the keyboard and he freaks out.
>>
>>71165197
The last three episodes make me enjoy the first three episodes a ton more. Personally I think the first is much more dark when you realize the ramifications of them just going wild in the simulation.
>>
>>71171090
>for some reason
Being endlessly tormented in a simulation didn't register?
>>
>>71164803
First one was cool, the rest just trying too hard.
>>
>>71164803
this "series" is complete ass. the first one had a fun novelty to it and then reddit decided to attribute more meaning than it's worth.
>>
>>71166917
My dad...my dad is a computer
>>
>>71166387

m8 I think they just wanted to make a cute little puppet show with a twist, like Meet the Feebles.

I doubt they expected such an explosive reaction to their shit.
>>
Don't Hug Me I'm Scared was alright but not great and the whole "let's explain it" and "let's react to it" shit kind of ruins it.
>>
>green is not a creative color
>bird is green
>bird is an old person
>old people are depicted as boring in media (not showing their creative side)
>>
File: Dont Hug Me Im Horrified.png (228 KB, 439x432) Image search: [Google]
Dont Hug Me Im Horrified.png
228 KB, 439x432
>>
>>71164803
DUDE THE INTERNET LMAO
>>
File: 1344953035756.jpg (36 KB, 396x327) Image search: [Google]
1344953035756.jpg
36 KB, 396x327
>>71166258
The second and third videos were basically rehashes of the first, whilst the last three videos have taken a pretty predictable trajectory from where the fourth one ended.
>>
File: images (1).jpg (6 KB, 274x184) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
6 KB, 274x184
>>71164803

4>6>5>2>1>3
>>
>>71166988

>pseudo-symbolism

What?
>>
>>71174561

+1
>>
>>71167426

>They're not well made when you compare them to master works of the surrealist movement!

Shit man, here I was thinking these amusing youtube videos were actually from the lost archives of Bunuel.
>>
>>71175589
4=2>1>5=3>6
>>
>>71166387
No, they thought they were geniuses after watching the "Lynch film deconstruction/explanation" Youtube video.
>>
heheheh...HARDER
>>
Why don't you guys just enjoy it for fun? You keep ragging on how OTHER people think it's "deep," instead of catchy songs, great animation, nice editing, etc.

Besides whatever "deep" message people keep talking about, it's superficial themes on time, technology, life, society are pretty apparent and you don't really need to go deeper than that.
>>
>>71175796

I don't get the hate for 6, the Red Guy scenes were gold
>>
>>71176117
I haven't actually watched it yet desu
>>
>>71167230
Breh.
>>
>>71175589
4>2>6>1>3>5
>>
>>71176281

Dream song would have been my favourite if it lasted longer

>YOU CAN HAVE A DREAM ABOUT LOSING YOUR FRIENDS
>>
>>71175964

They need to release an album with full versions of each song and throw in a few new ones like the file song and the universe song
>>
>>71176438
I would've liked more of the Universe song.

>PLANETS LIVE INSIDE THE MOON
>>
>>71171075
Becauase he apparently represents the media
>>
>>71171075
its a metaphor, your peasant brain couldn't comprehend it
>>
>>71164803
cool
>>
Only watched this yesterday, please red pill me
>>
>>71175964
I just discovered this and I agree. I've had a shitload of fun watching this and now feel like watching again. There is a lot of detail and effort put into things looking nice, and it's quite creative (>).
>>
>>71176838
it's communist propaganda
Thread replies: 135
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.