[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why torrent when Kodi is literally the best thing to watch movies
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2
File: kodi-14-helix-addons.png (207 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
kodi-14-helix-addons.png
207 KB, 1280x720
Why torrent when Kodi is literally the best thing to watch movies and TV shows
>>
Was thinking about getting this. How is it? Can you watch live tv? Can you watch every episode of every tv show? Sell me on this.
>>
I like it too. Any other apps you use? I use Showbox sometimes.
>>
>>71158686
>Can you watch live tv?
Yes
>Can you watch every episode of every tv show?
Yes. I haven't ran into a show it didn't have.
Plus its a media player with ways to put more and more add ons to with a few clicks. I still mess with it and I love it.
>>
I thought it was just a home theater interface? What sources does it use? The only widely available ones are torrents and shitty stream sites. If it's using torrents just like Popcorn Times, why not just pick and choose what you want instead of going through a middleman who decides for you.
>>
>>71158791
What kind of add ons?
>>
>>71158867
Podcast, radio, live stream, different stream sites for tv and movies, etc

You can look into all the different add ons online. See what they do and such.
>>
I was thinking of getting one, but how do you stop your internet service provider of knowing you're using it?
>>
>>71159112
I wouldn't think it'd be that traceable or noticeable to cause red flags
>>
If you're streaming movies then the bitrate is probably on par with YIFY
>>
>>71158867
http://www.wirelesshack.org/top-best-working-kodi-video-add-ons.html
this list can give you a good idea of what add ons you can put. These are the most popular but there are more.
>>
>>71159184
Probably. There are add ons that pick from torrent sites that have 1080p films and shows
>>
>>71158562
quality for Kodi links is garbage 99% of the time
>>
You're killing Kodi by making it known as some pirating tool. It's a great media center, git gud and join a private tracker.
>>
>>71158791
I presume everything is streamed? If not, what size is the HDD?
>>
>>71159871

Mine came with 64 gigs. Just got it Saturday actually. Also has expandable memory slot.

You can download whatever you want even when watching live. Im still confused on some shit but I'm getting there.

Woke up turned it on. 24/7 DBZ channel was on . Watched some married with children before I went to work and now I'm just running some ren and stimpy in the background.

The only thing that's not based about it is the remote that's included.
>>
>>71158562
>no streams found
>stream just keeps loading or buffering
>kodi has stopped working
>Error: exception caught on main loop, exciting
>devs don't give a fuck, blame it on using new drivers for older cards WTF

Kodi with Aeon Nox still best looking ledia center out there, but getting tired of the fucking crashes, streaming is for plebs, just torrent ffs
>>
>>71161332
>but getting tired of the fucking crashes, streaming is for plebs, just torrent ffs
That stuff has never happened to me
>>
>>71161504
i would fucking hate you but i know you're lying, if that unstable piece of shit crashes on a fresh win10 install it will crash on any rig
>>
>>71161558
Not lying. I haven't had any issues with it
>>
What the fuck is it? I searched and all I could find was some app
>>
>>71161332
>streaming is for plebs, just torrent ffs
Can't torrent a live broadcast :^)
>>
>>71161649
Its a media player program that allows customization
>>
Isn't it just a service for streaming your tormented files? Like plex?
>>
Do any of you run this on a cheap PC? I was thinking something like the Kangaroo Plus or Intel ComputeStick.
>>
goddamn op you piece of shit, fuck you. dont fucking tell anybody wtf is wrong with you. you fucking pathetic attention seeking faggot
>>
>>71161594
FUCK YOU, it crashes EVERY day
>>
>>71160883
again you are a faggot big mouth piece of shit, just remember this day when your box doesnt work. youre part of the problem
>>
>>71161812
I run it on my amazon firestick
>>
>>71160883
>Mine came with 64 gigs. Just got it Saturday actually. Also has expandable memory slot.
Link?
>>
>>71162121

I thought about that, but I'd also like to run SickRage and Plex on the same device. I run them on my desktop right now but it consumes way too much power being on all the time.
>>
>>71162281
I just like the convenience of having it on my living room tv
>>
What is the difference between this and plex?
>>
>>71162281
>it consumes way too much power being on all the time.
why would you have it on all the time
>>
>>71162426

I can dig that. My plan would be to have this set up behind my TV and plugged into it anyway. The Kangaroo Plus is only about the size of a deck of cards. So bigger than the Fire Stick but definitely still easily hideable.
>>
>>71162497

So that it can download shows as they become available, be on for streaming and so that I can remote in and add a movie or show to download while I'm away from home.

It's nice thinking of a movie I want to watch while at work, remoting in and when I get home it's ready to play.
>>
delete this thread
>>
>>71162523
>Kangaroo Plus
just googled it. that thing seems pretty sick
>>
File: 1466400788412.gif (3 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1466400788412.gif
3 MB, 400x225
>>71158562
or you could get Playstation Vue and not worry about which TV channels are HD or not...
stream any time...
dont have to pay any extra fees...
price is flat...
no contract...
feelsgood.jpg
>>
>>71160883
What was the price like?
>>
>>71163060

$100 because my buddy owns a shop that he opens on the weekends in a flea market.

Retail was like $350 though.
>>
>>71158562
Does Kodi limit your stream speeds? When I stream from most sites online as a free user, my speed is throttled. Whereas sites like youtube and netflix stream fast enough that they are actually watchable.
>>
kodi is a media player, it has add-ons that allow streaming, but its no different than downloading torrents then deleting them
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.