[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jeffrey Dean Morgan turned out to be better than I expected.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
Jeffrey Dean Morgan turned out to be better than I expected. Gave me the same chills as the Henry Rollins-esq comic book villain.

ITT: can he truly play Negan?
>>
File: CR93tsIW0AAx2RA.jpg (60 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
CR93tsIW0AAx2RA.jpg
60 KB, 600x600
>>
>>71147181
>can he play a guy in a leather jacket who makes sweary quips and hits people

Easily within his range.
>>
Out of their list he's the only one I can think of that's got swagger and can be both mean and endearing (him vs Rollins vs Matt Dillon vs that one guy from No Country For Old Men, these were the real choices they picked between). I am confident JDM can translate the corniest of Negan-shit brilliantly. Already I see JDM giving the character his own spin however. Since this is a show and not a couple drawings patched through 16 dinky pages, he's was not as high-energy as he could've been. More coolheaded than OG Negan. When he finally does burst it's gonna be startling.
Steven Ogg's Savior Leader character was quite the beefy hothead himself. Ogg's character isn't from the comic, so besides making the Saviors a faction with more than 2 characters I wonder how he will affect Negan and shieeet.
>>
I found him underwhelming. He was so quiet. Negan is a loud guy, he behaves like he's in the middle of the Colosseum, shouting to the crowds before spilling blood. JDM is going to play him his own way which is fine, I want the TV show to be different from the comic.

I'm excited for Jesus though. I wonder how the redneck audience is going to react to seeing him making it with a guy.
>>
not jovial enough, his smile is awkward and forced and moves like his leather jacket is too small on him
>>
I loved his drawl, maybe not what people had in mind for Negan but he's crazy charismatic. I think he'll hit his stride in season 7 after he had a whole winter to think about the character he'll be doing full-time, plus they'll take a little more liberties for dialogue more appropriate for his portrayal. His big introduction was verbatim from the comics at some points and didn't really fit the actor.
>>
>>71147309
FROZEN
YOGURT
>>
>>71147181
Jon Hamm would have been AMAZING.
>>
>YOU
>ARE
>PEGGED
>>
So far i'm not impressed. Negan is quick witted and loud, in your face and terrifying to be in the presence of.

I'd be more worried about Jeffrey's Negan wanting to pull down my pants and sick me off, as he's been shown so far.

Not the worst casting in the world, but I don't think it's good. I don't think they've done the comic Negan justice, that whole finale sequence was trash and I felt nothing the entire time.

There are more than words to be thrown out of actors mouths, speed of sequences, dynamics of actors on screen, etc.. are all important. Rick was disappointing as fuck too.

Honestly they should have just done what happened in the comics and had him ambush them randomly, none of this horseshit lead-up mind games horseshit. Negan doesn't play edgy mindgames, he tells you what he thinks/will do and does it.
>>
Patrick warburton wouldve been perfect for the role.
>>
>>71147309
he's nothing like that angry little faggot
>>
>>71147181
No. It's not believable that anyone would rebel against based Negan when he steps out that RV like he's JDM and not some gross goon like >>71147309
>>
No. Negan literally cant be done on cable tv.
>>
>>71147181
He's ok, I always imagined Negan with a thich southern accent loud and flamboyant and theatrical. Honestly I hope JDM bulks up for this season.
>>
Honestly, I would be more pleased if they just had Hafþór Júlíus Björnsson play as Negan, and dub an English voice over for him from some loud ass motherfucker with a surly voice.
I wouldn't even care if his mouth was closed the entire time and it looked stupid as fuck, it would be better than this shit.
>>
imsure he'll growinto the role, he really wanted to play negan
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.