[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does he spend 95% of his budget on licensing music or what?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6
File: everybody_wants_some.jpg (180 KB, 658x1024) Image search: [Google]
everybody_wants_some.jpg
180 KB, 658x1024
Does he spend 95% of his budget on licensing music or what?
>>
>>71138400

Quite literally just finished watching this 5 minutes ago. One of the best things I've watched this year. Can't sink the link.
>>
Wonderfully done movie. Extremely comfy. Explores themes about being in college and really just being social and how humans interact and hits the target every time.
>>
>>71139409
any horrifically pretentious and cringeworthy pseudo-philosophical monologues?
>>
>>71138400
He must of. The movie looked extremely low rent for a $3 million dollar production. Still enjoyed it though
>>
>>71139480
No. Fuck off back to RÄ—ddit idiot.
>>
>>71139502
>It was actually a $10 million budget
Where the hell was all the money squandered?
>>
>i need cgi explosions to enjoy a movie
>>
>movie set in Texas college town in the 70s
>why doesn't it look like Transformers?!
You people never cease to amaze me
>>
>>71139480
A Waking Life is definitely undiluted garbage.
>>
File: 1428567069937.jpg (298 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1428567069937.jpg
298 KB, 2000x1000
>>71139670
>>71139480
>16 year old memelords critiquing critically acclaimed filmmaker
>>
>>71139480
It's a Linklater film. Of course it has monologues. I wouldn't attach any of those buzzwords though, not to this. The stoner talking about music and life while punching bongs might seem buzzwordworthy at first or on it's own out of context, but it's not when taken as a piece of the whole.
>>
What else is he going to spend his money on? I can make a richard linklater film on a mcdonalds salary
>>
>>71139409
He is a master of all things comfy.
>>
>>71139638
I wasn't criticizing the film at all. Just pointing out that he uses a ton of super high profile music.

This movie isn't Dazed and Confused level but it's close.
>>
Fuck, this is making me miss HS baseball.
>>
So, which of the young actors in this will reach McConaughey status?
>>
>>71139480
yeah but its about college kids being retarded and finding love by being retarded

its a fun throwback to being young and careless and naive
>>
it was ok. linklater fanboys overrating it again for sure. okay fun little movie 3/5
>>
>>71139480
yes but remember it's not the director speaking, it's literally young adults who don't know anything.
>>
>>71140660
This dude was definitely the McConaughey of the movie.
>>
>>71140919
>not Willoughby
that guy was literally McConaughey's character.
>>
>>71141357
He's kind of a combination of Finnegan and Willoughby.

I meant he's the McConaughey of the movie in that he's the best character and the star of the film though.
>>
alright alright alright
>>
>>71141729
He was my favorite character too. RawDawg made me laugh the most though. I loved that retard.
>>
Dazed and Confused was utter shit, so this will be the same.

No thanks, not for me.

t. european
>>
>>71139480
yeah and they call each other out on it this time
>>
Was this supposed to be linklater?
>>
>>71141995
it was supposed to be the next Kurt Russell
>>
>>71142022
are you sure? he was included in the meme scene near the end of the credits
>>
>>71142097
it's Kurt Russell's son you idiot.
>>
>>71142174
yeah but was he supposed to be linklater
>>
>>71141866
Why is the youropean HS and college experience so shit?
>>
>>71140919
>>71141357

I felt like this guy (left) was channeling McConaughey pretty hard in some scenes. And Willoughby had some obvious similarities to Wooderson.
>>
>>71143158
moral decline isn't as advanced here in europe, as we are not america but only "americanized"
>>
>>71143900
I would point to Chavs as proof that this isn't true.

Maybe Britain should be leaving the EU.
>>
>>71140612

GET OUT NORMIES REEEEE
>>
Jake = Randall Pink
Finnegan = Donny
RawDawg = O'Bannion
Willoughby = Wooderson
McReynolds = Benny
Dale = That black guy

What did I miss?
>>
>>71145991
How did I go from playing football, baseball and basketball in HS to posting on this Laotian image forum?

College ruined me.
>>
>>71146119
you weren't that good. it's currently happening to my brother who was a decent baseball player in HS. now he's getting fat and no longer playing a sport going into his junior year. I'm worried about him because I never had sports.
>>
>>71146025
The part where I want Linklater to apply this formula to every applicable situation because the result will be comfy every time.
>>
>>71146119
Welcome to your life, Chad.
>>
>>71146161
Yeah. I was good enough to play all 4 years for my HS and start but not good enough to play in college. Without sports there nothing I'm interested in doing with my free time alone besides play vgs, watch movies and shitpost.

I still go out on weekends so I'm not full shut-in mode yet though.
>>
>>71146404
are you a business administration major too? you could also try your hand at broadcast. there's a whole industry for sports out there besides playing it.
>>
>>71146025
This is pretty accurate.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.