[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>“The main thing we learned [on Batman v Superman] is that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 12
>“The main thing we learned [on Batman v Superman] is that people don’t like to see their heroes deconstructed,” said producer Deborah Snyder. “They like seeing them in all their glory… I think what’s really great is where we’re going is kind of what the audience is wanting. We just had to take the characters from somewhere to bring them up to where they are and that was our journey.”

>>“With Justice League, [Batman and Superman] have both been freed of the shackles of the responsibility to be in a place where they would fight each other,” the director explained. “That is liberating for us in making the movie because really now we have a single enemy with a single objective, and it’s really about uniting the team. That, to me, is a fun activity.”

Don't you get it? You guys are the idiots! Not my shit script and ideas!
>>
>With Justice League, [Batman and Superman] have both been freed of the shackles of the responsibility to be in a place where they would fight each other
>Implying it was NEEDED to make them fight in the first place
>>
>>71121554
>They like seeing them in all their glory

er... duh?

>both been freed of the shackles of the responsibility to be in a place where they would fight each other

and this was some cosmic event out of your control? YOU made it a dark and dreary conflict. there was no need to make it a vs movie.

even after all this i'm still going to watch the ultimate cut anyway.
>>
>>71121554
how exactly were they deconstructed?
>>
>>71121648

instead of just doing what they do, kicking supervillan ass, they were examined as characters.

fuck that tho.
>>
>>71121675
were they really though?
>>
>>71121675
I pretty sure actually would like to see that, just not done in a shitty stupid way.
>>
>>71121737
In a way Zack Snyder understands.

So poorly. Remember all the worst stuff in Watchmen was stuff he added himself.
>>
>>71121737
Yes.
>>
>>71121869
lol no
>>
>>71121554
>it's a director blaming the audience for not liking their shitty movie episode
Hah!
>>
>>71121648
>how exactly were they deconstructed?
Well you learned their mom's name didn't you you ungrateful little prick, what else do you want.
>>
You guys are too stupid to understand my art movie - Hack Snyder
>>
File: 142929261625.png (335 KB, 673x601) Image search: [Google]
142929261625.png
335 KB, 673x601
>>71121554
He's right though.
It's a tough choice, but I probably enjoyed the backlash from retarded asspained fanboys like you more than the kino itself.
>>
It really sucks that the movie was cut down for theaters. Snyder's portrayal of Superman's was much more effective in the ultimate cut.
That being said, this passive-aggressiveness coming from Deborah snyder is really unwarranted, it's not our fault for watching the botched version.
>>
File: 2016-06-18-19-15-17-1027487628.jpg (5 KB, 161x142) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-18-19-15-17-1027487628.jpg
5 KB, 161x142
>>71122387
Agree, looks like it's the season of butthurt fanboys again.

How can one man be so based?
>>
>>71121647

they said they learned it from the movie. nobody realized a dark vs movie would fail. neckbeards have been sperging about a dark knight rises toned movie for years. many people thought a darker movie would do well.
>>
File: 1458140843953.jpg (49 KB, 626x385) Image search: [Google]
1458140843953.jpg
49 KB, 626x385
>>71122387
>>71122487
The guy that makes these threads is secretly an extremely ass-blasted DC fanboy. Take note: I said fanboy, not fan.

Fanboy faggots like this sit around all day obsessing over "muh <hero>" like they're the only person on the planet that understands the characters and has a say, no a God-given right, to dictate the direction they're taken in by the people who actually do this shit for a living. It lets them cower inside the delusions of all the things they *could* do if given "the chance." With fanboy faggots it's always about those "chances," because by deluding themselves into believing these chances originate from anywhere besides them getting off their fat, complacent asses and applying themselves, it's not their fault that they're just gutless losers spouting bile and vitriol behind the veil of anonymity a site like this provides for them.

This guy's deep in the closet with his fanboy faggotry, because this just goes so far beyond what a person who just wasn't a fan of the IPs could muster. If I were solely a Marvel fan, I doubt I could muster much beyond casual indifference for DC's properties. No, this undiscovered country of asspain can only come from someone who feels deeply betrayed, and is such an entitled little fuck about it that this whole board must tolerate daily infusions of his impotent, puerile rage.
>>
>>71122447
>Snyder's portrayal of Superman's was much more effective in the ultimate cut.

I agree 100%. The superman escene when he calls his mom or when he is devastated after the bombing are among my favorites in the movie. Fuck the jews that destroyed the theatrical version
>>
>>71121675
>okay so there's this character
>he's not a hero
>he's also invulnerable to harm
>for some reason he tries to be superman anyway
>some baddies show up to try to kill the planet to make him look reasonable by comparison
this is true for both superman and batman. they are literally the same character.
>>
>>71122535
god damn dude is this pasta relax holy shit thats funny tho
>>
>>71121554
Not like I watched Flash in TV being very below glory
>>
File: 1440977708346_1.png (41 KB, 159x169) Image search: [Google]
1440977708346_1.png
41 KB, 159x169
>>71121554
>people don't want to see fantasy superhero characters in popcorn flicks deconstructed in pseudo intellectual garbage meant to be fun capeshit

YA DONT SAY??????

If you want to deconstruct heroes, make a drama about cops or military personnel. You know, real life shit. Don't shoehorn it into capeshit and expect people to not get upset when what they thought was going to be a fun summer flick ends up being a boring overstuffed melodrama.

Particularly when there was no build up or development for these characters to be fucking deconstructed in the first place.
>>
>>71121737
yes you belligerent fuck
>>
>>71123216
things like that have literally been a staple point in comics since the 1980's dumbass
>>
>>71123547
no, you delusion faggot
>>
>>71123683
but it was, you are either a fucking retard (most likely), or didnt see the film
>>
>>71122535

op here. my response to you: kek
>>
>>71121648
There's some good threads discussing it.
Sadly the archive is down, at least for me.
If it is accessible later I'll post links.
>>
>>71123754
For the time being I remembered this.

http://www.thegekdom.com/home/2016/4/30/a-thesis-on-batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice
>>
anything with "deconstructed" in the description is shit

like Kiss Kiss Bang Bang was terrible

>hey audience, you're watching a ____ movie. Get it??
>>
>>71121737
Yes
It turned out they were flat boring characters, and the movie was a waste of time
>>
>>71121554
>“The main thing we learned [on Batman v Superman] is that people don’t like to see their heroes deconstructed,”

Fuck off. People love hero deconstruction, comics have been wallowing in that trope for decades. They just want it done well.
>>
>>71121554
>“The main thing we learned [on Batman v Superman] is that people don’t like to see their heroes deconstructed,” said producer Deborah Snyder.

The main thing I learned on Batman v Superman is your husband is the worst filmmaker currently employed by a major Hollywood studio.
>>
>>71123878
pretty much this.

"people dont want a serious dc movie, they want marvel fun!"

no we want a serious dc movie thats GOOD
>>
File: batman v superman 2991733-4.jpg (340 KB, 1500x1197) Image search: [Google]
batman v superman 2991733-4.jpg
340 KB, 1500x1197
> thinks a Batman and Superman movie needs to be like Watchmen and Miracleman
> calls others idiots
>>
>>71123935
you misspellt best
>>
>>71124073
>what is Frank Miller
>Faggot
>>
>>71123715
The only retarded people here are those who enjoyed this flick.
>>
>>71124143
>implying you even read comics
>>
>>71124188
And yet it took you roughly ten minuets to respond, gg anon, you are a fucking tard.
>>
>>71122535
SAVAGE
>>
>>71124217
>Being this assblasted
is your next argument gonna be "not muh"?
>>
File: 1448898152916.gif (1 MB, 300x188) Image search: [Google]
1448898152916.gif
1 MB, 300x188
>Deconstruct Superman in reboot.
>Have deconstructed Superman face off against Batman.
>Forget that Batman versus Superman is only compelling because of contrast of tone between characters.
>Ends up being Usually Deconstructed Man versus Newly Deconstructed Man.
>>
Terrible damage control from DC's part
The worst part is that it works
This pseudo intellectual garbage is cancer, I can't believe Snyder can make neckbeard capeshit fanboys argue the artistic merits of toy catalogues for months.
>>
>>71124297
>Usually Deconstructed Man and Newly Deconstructed Man team up with Cardboard Cutout Cameo Character against Invincible Brute Monster
>>
>>71124406
you sound upset
>>
>>71122535
Nobody here knows what 'puerile' means - fuck off!
>>
>distract normies and shitty reporters with le quips
>continue making kino behind the scenes
>>
>>71121647

>even after all this i'm still going to watch the ultimate cut anyway.

You are everything wrong with the movie industry.
>>
>>71125077
>he thinks quips can be kino
>>
File: 1437492643648.png (533 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1437492643648.png
533 KB, 600x600
>people continue to declare the movie wasnt too smart for them!
>yet there are people in this very thread questioning rather "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice" was a deconstruction of the characters

I mean....come on..
>>
>>71125140
>has reading comprehension difficulties
>>
Is she actually this dumb of a cunt. Very good move firing this dumb bitch and her husband. What the fuck
>>
Deb Snyder is right, but I kind of wish she didn't say this because you're going to have (already happening) non thinking autists come out with the "what the hell did it deconstruct???" comments

Which is fine, as it fuels proof of just how many people are idiots that didn't get the movie, but it's a conversation you pretty much can't win as any proof of narrative and/or analysis one offers, the autist will simply plug their ears and ignore.
>>
>>71125336
Gotta have a thing to deconstruct, anon - can't deconstruct something without establishing it first - mrs. snyder did not establish anything for them to deconstruct. Thus, her entire premise is utter and complete bullshit.
Tl;dr - piss off you pseudo intellectual faggot.
>>
>>71125437
>Batman and Superman
>75+ Years of History

>Not established

Are you a fucking retard?

Frank Millers Dark Knight Returns was not based on any actual continuity when it was released but was still a deconstructionist narrative.

Holy fucking shit.
>>
>>71125193
i dont think you even know why your angry
>>
>>71125437
are you fucking retarded?
>>
Still haven't seen it, waiting on the Ultimate Edition
which I'm hoping will be available for rent at some point considering the purchase of movies is ridiculous, I'm not paying 20-30 bucks for something I'll watch once or maybe twice
>>
>>71125513
>a movie failing to establish its own importance by itself so hard its defenders need to say this and get this mad
Thanks Snyder
>>
>>71125576
wew lad
e
w
l
a
d

Are you sure you're up for this conversation, cupcake? Cause you seem awful butthurt already.
As this anon >>71125739
correctly pointed out, a film must establish itself - it can't rely on 75+ years of conflicting history. It must establish WHAT history it is using BEFORE it deconstructs said history.
Not that hard for grownups to understand, kiddo.
>>
>>71121554
Well sure, deconstructing is fine. I would have preferred it not to be Batman vs Superman vs Doomsday ft. Wonder Woman though.
>>
>>71125336
Firstly, the movie wasn't even original. It was the bastard child hybrid of The Dark Knight Returns and The Death of Superman.

Secondly, it wasn't even well done. Alfred is only a few years older than Bruce Wayne, Batman is a retard with narcolepsy, Superman is a whiny emo, Lex Luthor is a faggot. Saying the name "Martha" apparently suddenly makes you BFFs... Seriously?

>>71123964
>no we want a serious dc movie thats GOOD
Live-action anyway. The animated ones seem to be doing pretty good job.
>>
>>71125739
>>71125899
good god, you really are fucking numb in the brain, the pair of you.

I would b hard pressed to find someone who didnt understand the concept of superman or batman at at least the most basic of values, hence why a new direction was chosen. as >>71125513
similarly stated.

then again
>wew lad
this gay shit proves your underage anyway, probably why you were to stupid to get it, kiddy.

>>71126036
And you, did you even see the fucking film or just read the imdb synopsis, because from way your saying it seems closer to the latter.
>>
>>71126036
>literally meme buzzwords and meme criticisms

God I love this. Please continue to prove your idiocy.
>>
I respect what this movie did with its characters, the logical growth considering the trauma they endure, and the exploration of how they would realistically be percieved in modern society.

Obviously flawed in many areas, but it was more stimulaing than 90% of the redundant substanceless superhero drivel that has been boring me to fucking tears.

So, I'd say it was a step in the right direction.
Too bad people don't like thinking.
>>
>>71126213
Jeez louise! You really don't understand that you must have a 'construction' BEFORE you can have a 'DE-construction'. That you must ESTABLISH something before you RIP IT APART. You can't destroy what isn't there, anon - and, while there IS 75+ years of history, all that history is inconsistent with itself - all the fans have DIFFERENT interpretations of the material.
You must establish what material your movie is treating as 'canon' before you deconstruct that canon.
Is it really this confusing to you? Do you really still not understand why bvs failed?
And you're seriously gonna try to play the
>muh, I don't meme
meme? Fuck off, pleb.
>>
>>71126213
>You must not have seen the film, or else you'd agree it's the GREATEST THING EVAR
>>71126272
>Your criticisms don't count because they've been pointed out so often that they've become a memes

typical buttmad fanboys
>>
>>71126583
Amen, brother!
>>
>>71126536
While I agree with your views on how to have efficient character deconstruction, I feel this movie plainly established Batman as a mimicry of Nolan's Batman now aged, and built off the development of superman in his god-awful standalone film.

These are the two established characters who are then deconstructed.

Fast and lazy, sure, but it was certainly a functional concept.

Whether the execution of this concept was good is another story.
>>
>>71126849
Fair enough, anon. If we take your assertion as a given, then the movie has 'establishment'. Fast and lazy, as you say; and unfavorably executed. And, of course, the deconstruction that occurs ain't very favorably executed, either.
>>
File: 1418945384012.jpg (25 KB, 320x304) Image search: [Google]
1418945384012.jpg
25 KB, 320x304
>>71121554
>“The main thing we learned [on Batman v Superman] is that people don’t like to see their heroes deconstructed,”

Is that what you called that, Debbie? Because shallowly pitting a bunch of iconic characters together with no motivations, characterization, or personalities isn't actually deconstruction in the literary sense of the term so you must actually just mean deconstructed in the sense that taking a wrecking ball to a skyscraper is deconstructing it.
>>
>>71123627
Cry more dcuck. Your favorite comics and their movies are dogshit.
>>
File: bravo.gif (280 KB, 243x227) Image search: [Google]
bravo.gif
280 KB, 243x227
>>71127091
>>71126536
>>
>>71127424
>>71127091
>>71126536
>>71126849
We four seem to be reasonable anons - stay intelligent, brothers!
>>
>>71127424
>>71127091
Never in all my days have I seen more Reddit posts
>>
File: way to go winner.gif (498 KB, 250x260) Image search: [Google]
way to go winner.gif
498 KB, 250x260
>>71127623
ah, ye olde le reddit le maim - well played!
>>
>>71121737
that was like the entire movie fampai, they went really in your face about it.
>>
File: 1436724715631.jpg (38 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1436724715631.jpg
38 KB, 500x500
>>71121554
holy fuck, how can they still be so arrogant?
>>
did the ultimate cut leak?
>>
>>71129493
Good bloody question, anon. Fucking mind-boggling.
>>
>>71122507
Except Superman is not a dark character, at all
Batman, yes, but not Superman. Which is probably why Batman was the best part of the movie (minus the killing he does).
Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.