[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Rogue One >young Mon Mothma is played by an actual actress
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5
File: SITH75.jpg (44 KB, 347x500) Image search: [Google]
SITH75.jpg
44 KB, 347x500
>Rogue One

>young Mon Mothma is played by an actual actress

>young Tarkin is going to be CG Peter Cushing

that is fucking retarded, and is going to look like shit

When you are looking at a CG recreation of someone, ALL you are thinking about is judging the CG job. It takes you out of the movie because you stop thinking about the story and start thinking about the CG.

Remember young naked CG Arnold in Terminator Genesys? That was shit, everyone ripped that apart
>>
File: 1465805924590.jpg (78 KB, 364x457) Image search: [Google]
1465805924590.jpg
78 KB, 364x457
>>71104915
>young Tarkin is going to be CG Peter Cushing
>>
>young
It's only set about a week before ANH
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (22 KB, 451x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
22 KB, 451x360
>>71104915
>rouge one
>nothing about the revolt in the death star
>nothing about Vader's Fist/501st
>>
>>71104957
btw the mannis guy would be a good option
>>
Oh yeah, I forgot about this movie
>>
File: captain tarkin star wars ep III.jpg (557 KB, 826x979) Image search: [Google]
captain tarkin star wars ep III.jpg
557 KB, 826x979
>>71104915
yeah because the zombie version in revenge of the sith is better?
>>
It's dumb, but I understand why they would have a CGI Tarkin but not a CGI Mothma.

People give a shit about Peter Cushing and people will inevitably be annoyed if they recast Tarkin. Can you even name the actress who played Mon Mothma without looking it up? Nobody cares if you recast her.
>>
>>71106393
You mean GOAT villain Scorpius?
>>
>>71106393
It looked good in the movie though since he was basically an easter egg.
>>
>>71104915
Because we absolutely have to see the character for him to be in the movie. It can't be either heard or mentioned because this would probably be bad filmography, right?
Fuck you disney.
>>
An artificially aged Fassbender would have been a great tarkin. I found his performance in Prometheus to be very Cushingy despite the O'Toole references.
>>
>>71107735
>scorpius
>villain
>>
>>71106393
No, but that doesn't mean that it can't be done with makeup and prosthetics only.

Look at Martin Landau as Bela Lugosi for example. They have very little resemblance in real life, but he's instantly recognizable in character, and the makeup didn't hinder the performance.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.