[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we agree that this was our Star Wars.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: lotr.jpg (260 KB, 1452x701) Image search: [Google]
lotr.jpg
260 KB, 1452x701
Can we agree that this was our Star Wars.
>>
>>71092096
I'm okay with this on a surface level.
>>
Everyone here praises it as if it's some great shakes when in reality it made the deadly serious character of Gimli into comic relief and portrayed pipeweed (canon nicotine) as marijuana. It also was cavalier with the English language. The film creators clearly did not care about the source material.
>>
>>71092125
the "film creators" literally cannot have done any better
it's the closest any series of films, in any genre, has come to perfection, it hits every mark you could want
>>
>>71092125
beg to differ mate. PJ is pretty keen on the books, he just had to make appealing movies out of source material that was detailed and lengthly.
>>
File: gg.jpg (45 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
gg.jpg
45 KB, 600x400
>>71092159
Pretty much perfect!
>>
>>71092125
the MOVIEMAKERS did a great job making MOVIES, out of books. Meaning the motion picture things that attempt breaking box office records with their broad appeal.
>>
File: 1462233929925.jpg (200 KB, 1015x759) Image search: [Google]
1462233929925.jpg
200 KB, 1015x759
>>71092159
Aragon was an entitled asshole in the books also pessimistic...like a character from the Iliad , in movies he is the typical american movie hero
>>
>>71092251
They gutted the book, making an action movie for 15-25 year olds. Tolkien became devoured by his popularity and absorbed by the absurdity of the time. The gap widened between the beauty, the seriousness of the work, and what it has become is beyond me. This level of marketing reduces to nothing the aesthetic and philosophical significance of this work.

The chasm between the beauty and seriousness of the work, and what it has become, has overwhelmed me. The commercialization has reduced the aesthetic and philosophical impact of the creation to nothing.
>>
good movies that are propelled by howard shore's magnum opus.
>>
>>71092125
>>71092343
>>71092399

> tips
>>
>>71092096
yeah, I can agree to this
>>
>>71092096
It's nowhere near Star Wars quality (original trilogy) but if anything is, then it is this, yes.
>>
>>71093830
Fuck off normie
>>
>>71092096
No Tom Bombadil is like no Obi Wan.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.