[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is my favorite movie of all time. Judge me.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: fountain-1[1].png (2 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
fountain-1[1].png
2 MB, 1600x900
This is my favorite movie of all time.

Judge me.
>>
muh trancendentalism
>>
>>71089791

You're a faggot

Quote me
>>
>>71089791
You're a quality human being and your parents are very proud of you.

How do you think Tom changed the past and go to meet Izzi outside when it snowed? How do you think Tom received the tree of life seed from her that he planted over her grave?
>>
>>71089791
I watched this movie with my girlfriend who was really interested but I fucking hated it so I distracted her by being romantic and eating her out to try and escape the shit. But then after I finished she forgot what was going on because the movie is such a clusterfuck and I had to restart the whole fucking movie
>>
>>71089925
It has actually been awhile since I saw the movie, but IIRC, my take on it was the movie showed three different perspectives of the same relationship.

Reality, with the doctors and the cancer, was what actually happened. The past, with the conquistadors and the mayan, was her love for Tommy shown through the book's story. And the future, with the tree of life, was Tommy's own perspective about how he wanted to redo things and should suffer for eternity. With the ending being more about his resolve to let go, and just appreciate the memories they shared.
>>
>>71090185
Yeah it's my favourite movie too OP.

I'm a fanboy for music hitting hard in a movie, and the music in the movie is stunning.

I think she wrote the Mayan story, I think the Doctor thing was reality, I think the future was him discovering an immortality cure and becoming immortal.

The explosion and stuff is probably him being as old as fuck and being part of a dying star, exploding them becoming a black hole
>>
>>71090185
>three different perspectives of the same relationship
For sure. I think the movie itself is meant to be a triptych. There is a literal one hanging over their bed, and I think Aronofsky intended for the movie to be viewed like one. Also the number three comes up a bunch of times.

So you think that the third story was his fiction which finishes her fiction from the first story, and only the present really happens?

>he wanted to redo things and should suffer for eternity
I hadn't thought of that but that is a striking idea.

>>71090521
>him discovering an immortality
He says he's going to die though, and when the star dies, it looks like he does too.

No matter how I interpret the movie, there are always a couple of lingering questions that I can't answer. It's a movie that rewards rewatches, I think. I have seen it two or three times and I still am noticing coincidences and other things I didn't catch the first time.
>>
>>71089791
PASS

INTO THE IRIS

I'm a /v/ babby shitting up another thread!
>>
>>71089791

> Death is the road to awe!
>>
>the third story was his fiction which finishes her fiction
Yes that is him finishing the last chapter after the death of his love. With teary eyes he put down the plume.
LOL SPACE MONK
>>
Saw it yesterday, Aronofsky's best desu, the soundtrack is so god damn good.
Pleb filter af
>>
>>71089791

THEY DID THAT SHIT WITH MACRO PHOTOGRAPHY INSTEAD OF CGI

ARONOFSKY'S UNOFFICIAL COMMENTARY TRACK IS GOOD
>>
>>71089791
watched for the 1st time on ecstasy when I was 17
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.