[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, I just watched 1-6 for the first time. I would rank them,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: dream master.jpg (127 KB, 600x324) Image search: [Google]
dream master.jpg
127 KB, 600x324
So, I just watched 1-6 for the first time.

I would rank them, from best to worst:
5 - "BON APPÉTIT, BITCH!"

How do you rank then?

I have not seen New Nightmare or Freddy vs Jason, but plan on watching them soon.

Also, has anyone here watch the 4h documentary on the franchise "Never Sleep Again: The Elm Street Legacy"?
>>
>>71089167
No one cares idiot.
>>
>>71089176
Just trying to prompt a discussion.
>>
>>71089167
Never Sleep Again is great
>>
They're all good, and michael bays was on point I thought for a remake.

The one where freddy plays a video game to kill a kid is the only one non-cannon
but the new nightmare is meta as fuck and based for having the girl from the first one in it. Makes Wes Craven the Stephen King of Horror Movies, imho.
>>
>>71089303
explain why Freddy's Dead is non-canon
>>
>>71089303
2 was not good. That movie was an abomination
>>
>>71089352
because all of it is untrue, and ignored after, and the movie should never have existed. It's story made no sense, and everything about it was fabricated.

Fredy was Elm St. Not some ancient Hellrazor demon spirit. That wasn't ever a thing and all the stuff they say in it makes no sense.

>Doc discovers Freddy's power comes from the "dream demons" who continually revive him, and that Freddy can be killed if he is pulled into the real world.

That's literally the ending of the first movie.

The movie then concludes with Freddy ACTUALLY BEING DEAD.

That's how you can tell it's non-canon since he comes back after.

That and it was the first movie to not be called nightmare on elm street, and he was attack random peoples for the first time...

it was like a fanfic that didn't address any of the loose rules of the previous movies and imposed other new rules too it as well.

This is probably why New Nightmare is so different.

There was no other way to continue the movies since the new rules and the disregard of the old ones was such a cluster fuck.

ever since I was 10, the 6th movies NEVER made sense to me man. Not even a kid would be like... oh ya... it's more like a comic book ten a horror movie too.
>>
Never Sleep Again makes 2 rewatchable because a lot of the creators weren't aware of how gay it was.
>>
>>71089553
Yeah, you just hate fags, is all. The movie was cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cviJlT5GCQ

It was a horror revenge movie, I liked it. It wasn't my favorite, but it was still better then 6.
>>
File: 1462984051146.jpg (29 KB, 500x399) Image search: [Google]
1462984051146.jpg
29 KB, 500x399
What would you do if Freddy was your dad?
What kind of a dad would Freddy be?
>>
>>71089651
Are we talking about the child molester?
>>
File: 1445312546673.jpg (39 KB, 500x481) Image search: [Google]
1445312546673.jpg
39 KB, 500x481
>>71089702
Yeah but why would he molest his own kid. He'd only molest his kid's bullies
>>
>>71089744
Really... seems like he might molest and kill them... just saying... most guys I know don't make "razor gloves" to play catch with their kids.
>>
1>new nightmare>3

the rest are all garbage including that 4 FUCKING HOUR doc and the remake
>>
1, NN, 3, FvJ, 6 5 4 2(fuck 2)
really, new nightmare is kino
And FvJ is well, amusing to say the least
>>
>>71089563
If you're going to go by naming conventions then nothing past 5 is canon and if anything New Nightmare and Freddy vs Jason are non-canon simply because one exist in the 'real' world and the other is 90 minute advertisement for both series. Also with Freddy's Dead, I guess they felt the need to explain why he kept coming back after being killed so many times even if it was unnecessary in hindsight and that's why those dream demons are there. They are shit though.
>>
File: 0.gif (444 KB, 500x346) Image search: [Google]
0.gif
444 KB, 500x346
Why is 6 so much more hated than 5 and 2?

Yes it is silly and has many problems and fucks up the story/lore, but I found it much more enjoyable/watchable than 2 or 5.

2 had exploding birds and Freddy possession
5 had Freddy feeding a baby souls through his still-in-womb dreams
>>
I find NN to be quite overrated. It's just boring.

1 and 3 are the best.
>>
>>71090108
New Nightmare has a good concept and that concept alone is a good shot in the arm for the series but the movie suffers from mostly revolving around Nancy's annoying kid.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.