[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just went to go see this movie and I have to say, it is hilarious!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: Central intelligence.jpg (12 KB, 310x163) Image search: [Google]
Central intelligence.jpg
12 KB, 310x163
I just went to go see this movie and I have to say, it is hilarious! Just a great, well-written script full of funny and touching moments with a decent story, the moral of which is not too bad. Music was well used, though I don't recall any specifically tailored for the movie. All the secondary characters were nice and the surprise twist was unexpected. The Rock shows a lot of acting chops in this movie and Kevin Hart just plays off of him so well. The effects were pretty great and some of the references will have you rolling.

For the bad, not too much. The story felt clunky/didn't flow well at certain spots, and my biggest pet peeve was all of the white people were either stupid, ugly, jerks, incompetent, or the bad guys.

For my personal ranking 8.5/10 movie.
>>
>>71088755
Nice blog, fagget
>>
>>71088755
>For my personal ranking 8.5/10 movie.
>a comedy starring retired wrestler and a black midget
watch more films
>>
>>71088755
hi rebbit
>>
>>71088782
>>71088790
>>71088805
What did you faggots think of the movie then, since you're so keen to shit on my opinion?
>>
>>71088887
anything with a retired wrestler and black midget is a 7/10 at best.
>>
>>71088887
yes, well said op, well said
HOWEVER
>>
>>71088755
It felt a little too Save-The-Cat-ish if that makes sense. Very formulaic. From the first scene you can really guess where everything's moving, how their arcs are gonna play out. It also made for some really awkward moments like Rock dancing naked at the end.

Hart and Rock "The Dwayne" Johnson had great chemistry though. The dynamic was a little creepy but it made sense. I actually really liked some of the action, and the Dr. Dan bit was fucking hilarious.

But it didn't really hold me as much as other movies have, and it doesn't have that sort of spark I was hoping a movie with this cast would have.

5/10 from me imo.
>>
>>71088953
I liked Zorro.

>>71088967
Hahaha you cheeky cunt.
>>
>>71088999
That's fair.
>>
How many "Kevin Hart is short" jokes are there?

I like both of them but that joke is way too old now.
>>
>>71089091
It should be noted that my judgement isn't exactly fantastic, since I thought Warcraft was fucking amazing (having never played the games).

>>71089154
Not many, I was surprised. Most of it hinges on The Rock being a tough guy badass who's also a huge dork that likes unicorns and Sixteen Candles.
>>
>>71089154
A few, though they're more visual than out-right stated.
>>
was it hella f*cking epic?
>>
>>71089209
>It should be noted that my judgement isn't exactly fantastic, since I thought Warcraft was fucking amazing (having never played the games).
Warcraft and BvS are unironically two of the best films of the year.
>>
>>71089316
Hella what? Fucking epic? No, it was just a funny well made movie.
>>
>>71089344
I was with you until you said BvS, because we all know that movie was dogshit. I haven't seen Warcraft, because I played the games and I don't want to see them butcher the story.
>>
>>71089344
BvS was pretty ass, but it had a lot of untapped potential that the director's cut is sure to fix.

>>71089369
>not knowing the shill meme
>>
>>71089405
>because we all know that movie was dogshit
Maybe if you're an idiot who lets other people tell you how to think.

10 Cloverfield Lane was dogshit. It has 90% on RT with a 7.5/10 critic rating. Civil War and Jungle Book were mediocre.

Warcraft, BvS and Tale of Tales were the three best films of the year IMO.
>>
>>71089449
The fuck? 10 Cloverfield Lane was a better movie than BvS despite the fact it was set up as a three set piece, whereas BvS had tons of stages and still managed to turn out horrible. Who had the better lighting, costume design, and staging? BvS.
Who had the better story, characterization, and pacing/editing? 10 Cloverfield Lane.

Civil War told the same story has BvS, but supremely better.

Jungle Book only had ONE actor, a small child mind you, and he STILL managed to be the better, more believable actor than anyone else in BvS, save for perhaps Ben and Irons.

Face it, BvS was trash. It was trashed by the majority of the movie going audience around the globe. It was trashed by the critics world wide. And it was trashed by the people on this website.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.