[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Apologise
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 225
Thread images: 15
File: 123465486758.jpg (2 MB, 1458x2160) Image search: [Google]
123465486758.jpg
2 MB, 1458x2160
Apologise
>>
I still can't believe people try and call a strong female character a "Mary Sue". Typical. Sorry she's not like Peach or Zelda.
>>
jew wars the cucks unleashed
>>
File: starwars_prequel_posters.jpg (290 KB, 1280x637) Image search: [Google]
starwars_prequel_posters.jpg
290 KB, 1280x637
>>71080112

You first
>>
>>71080112
I'm sorry you wasted your time watching this piece of shit fanfiction funded by Disney. At least you weren't stupid enough to see it in theaters.
>>
>>71080731
what is it about TFA that attracts so much autism?

Seriously, I've never seen people get so mad over a movie being critically acclaimed
>>
>>71080771

Star Wars/Trek was there at the beginning of widespread media autism. What's not to understand?
>>
>>71080771
>$0.01 has been deposited into your Disney™ account
>>
File: 1440408715679.png (205 KB, 420x426) Image search: [Google]
1440408715679.png
205 KB, 420x426
5 > 4 > 3 = 6 > 1 = 7 > 2
>>
>>71080851
see what I mean? These sperglords are so convinced that anyone who likes TFA is a paid disney shill

people are more mad that le evul jewish company made the movie than anything actually contained within the film
>>
>>71080915
>>
>all the villains are tall white people
>all the heroes are short, brown, female or all of the above

BRAVO JJ
>>
>>71080961
>$0.01 has been deposited into your Warner Bros™ account
>>
>>71081012
Of course you automatically choose Disney's rival company, shill.

>>
>>71080112
Black dude made the movie for me. Caught the /pol/ hatred at first but damn if he wasn't the only original idea in that whole shitfest beside being the only character to have any shred of development. Some say he is the comedic relief but he wasn't funny at all, so maybe I took him too seriously.
>>
>>71081449
his performance was fucking terrible as was the rest of this shit
>>
>>71080904
>7 above anything
>>
>>71081012
>>71081335
If you continue to go back and forth at this rate, you can make some actual money
>>
garbage film
regardless of any poltical shite
>>
>>71080112
no
It's as bad as I remember it.
Face it, SW peaked with ESB
>>
>>71080112
I'm sorry I thought you might be good
>>
The fact that this flick is even discussed whatsoever shows how fucking awful neo-/tv/ is
>>
I still don't understand how this was critically acclaimed and Warcraft got savaged.
>>
>>71080112
its shit
>>
>>71080411
>Are they a Mary Sue because they can't die and everything goes their way
or
>Are they the main character because they survived

Anyone that survives a major event will be the main character in the made for tv movie.

It's actually because they survive, why they're the protagonist.

>They'll survive because they're the protagonist
is the same as
>Because they survived, is why their the protagonist

you can blame luck, but she was a jedi, that does play into it
>>
>>71081857
It's called jew money senpai

this film was shit
>>
>>71081931
holy shit youre so fucking retarded

being a "mary sue" isnt just not dying

its being incredibly good at everything like she had all the jedi powers without going through any training whatsoever

also, no she wasnt a jedi, she had never been trained as a jedi

you aren't born a jedi
>>
>>71080634
Episode 1 was superfluous. It served no purpose in the series as a whole.

Still, got the interest back into star wars and got us all the games, and tv shows, and movies, and all the fame and recognition for Star Wars that sci-fi needed to keep going stronger then ever.

The other 2 were like the 2nd and 3rd matrix. I liked them, but not as good as the orginal.
>>
>>71081722

This.

ESB is the only truly great Star Wars film (ANH is decent). These movies are held to such a high standard just because its become such a popular franchise. Any SW movie that is only average gets relentlessly and mercilessly scrutinized.

The worst is when the autists complain when the films arent serious enough, yet seem to forget that theyre arguing the merits of a fucking kids film
>>
>>71082011
Like being the only human to survive podracing?

She had special abilities that genetically tied to that kid.
>>
>>71082064
Her father, the greatest Jedi of all time trained by Obi Wan Kenobi, had to go through years of training to get the jedi abilities he had like mind trick and force pull but she could do them from birth with no jedi training?

#girlpower
>>
>>71082209
this is true, oh JJ...
>>
No, it was a boring remake that didn't need to exist. I suppose they could make things more interesting with VIII but I don't think they will. It will just be another boring movie that tries to be like Empire.
>>
File: audiencescore.png (313 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
audiencescore.png
313 KB, 400x600
>>71081857

>listening to stuck up "movie critics"
>2016

critic scores are the stupidest thing ever. who gives a fuck what some liberal arts degree faggot thinks of a movie.

>always go with audience scores
>>
>>71082435
>going with audience score
>implying i give a fuck what a bunch of brainwashed proletariat think of the latest branded to hell AAA bullshit flick
>>
>>71080112
Apologize for mildly enjoying it?
>>
File: listentothecritics.png (23 KB, 252x288) Image search: [Google]
listentothecritics.png
23 KB, 252x288
>>71083283

so true.

the critics know alot more about movies than most people. they are experts, we should listen to people who know alot about watching movies.
>>
>>71081857
I can pinpoint all the problems when watching Warcraft more than TFA
>>
I thought TFA was just ok. If I had to compare it to the original trilogy it doesn't hold up. Prequels? Well that's a low bar. Average movie at best imo.
>>
>"What should we do with the plot in this one?"
>"How about another Death Star? :^)"
>>
>>71082064
To be fair, Anakin was said to be the chosen one and was extremely strong in the force. There's a scene where Qui Gon and Shmi Skywalker talk about how Anakin is gifted and how he could see things before they happened, which explains why he was able to win the podrace.

That being said, Anakin was far from a Mary Sue. He killed a tribe of sand people in anger, lost his hand in a duel with Count Dooku, was manipulated by Palpatine, destroyed the Jedi Order, killed his wife, and was severely burned and left for dead in his fight with Obi Wan. Sure, he was "The Chosen One", but he was far from perfect. Rey, meanwhile, somehow knows more about the Millenium Falcon that the guy who owned it for literally decades, was capable of performing a Jedi mind trick despite having no force training whatsoever, was able to defeat an actual trained force user (Kylo Ren) the first time she used a lightsaber, and could even read his mind, something that only extremely skilled force users like Yoda and Palpatine could do. She exists solely to show how "empowered" women are and to basically be perfect in every single way. Hell, if the leaks are to be believed, she's literally the reincarnation of what is essentially Eve of the Adam and Eve of the force. She's supposed to be literally perfect in every way imaginable, which is boring as fuck because who wants to watch a movie where the main character has no flaws or real challenges to overcome?

The fact that you think Anakin is somehow comparable to Rey shows that you do not understand Star Wars, and your continued retardation and lack of understanding shows that you're the exact type of moron that Disney is pandering to with their shitty fanfiction.net tier writing.
>>
>>71080112
No, this movie sucked.
>>
>>71084561
IF the leaks are true (I'm not convinced) what is different from Rey being reincarnated from the eve equivalent of the Force compared to Anakin being Space Jesus? Regardless, the chosen one trope is really fuckin terrible for Star Wars because the whole point of the Force is that it can raise anyone, no matter how humble their origins, to do great things if they believe.

but yeah you just sound like le mra /r/theredpill gamergater so you obviously don't have a rational opinion on this
>>
>>71082435
User scores aren't good either.
>>
>>71084658
>but yeah you just sound like le mra /r/theredpill gamergater so you obviously don't have a rational opinion on this

Where the absolute fuck did this come from? Are you pretending to be retarded or something?
>>
>>71081857
because warcraft was a video game cutscene stretched to two hours with no substance whatsoever and all the characters who weren't orcs were fucking terrible and played by actors who weren't even trying

TFA is a competently made sci fi action flick with a tight script and good performances and the worst you can say about any of it is that it's too similar to ANH.
>>
>>71084658
The difference is, Anakin had actual flaws and character despite being the chosen one. Rey is supposed to be some random scavver from Jakku and yet she's literally perfect in every single way.

>but yeah you just sound like le mra /r/theredpill gamergater so you obviously don't have a rational opinion on this
Nice buzzwords you have there. I'm not saying I have a problem with a female protagonist, it's the fact that she has no flaws whatsoever and can somehow do things better than everyone else.
>>
>>71084758
>Where the absolute fuck did this come from?
>She exists solely to show how "empowered" women are and to basically be perfect in every single way

This is clearly "hurr durr evul ess jay double you feminism ruining muh star wars!" rhetoric
>>
File: quick_disarm.gif (2 MB, 400x326) Image search: [Google]
quick_disarm.gif
2 MB, 400x326
>>71080731
It really was fan fiction through and through. From the ham fisted nostalgia to the max queso director signatures all over the screen. Like holy shit we get it jarjar, you are so good at sucking dick you were given the two biggest sci-fi franchises in America. Did you really need to flub the last scene to make sure everyone who hadn't walked out by then knows you directed before they see you in the credits? God, what a shit show.
>>
>>71084776
>Rey is supposed to be some random scavver from Jakku and yet she's literally perfect in every single way.

She isn't "perfect in every single way", and I'm sorry you're using prequel logic and you think the Force is about power levels and 20 years of yoda school instead of spirit and belief. Rey being a random scavver who does great things because she believes was the entire point, dummy.
>>
>>71084909

Name a flaw.
>>
>>71084815
Again, nice buzzwords.

>>71084909
>She isn't "perfect in every single way"
Then show me where she isn't.

>Rey being a random scavver who does great things because she believes was the entire point, dummy.
Holy fuck, how can you be this retarded?
>>
So where exactly does the movie have to go since Mary Sue beat Cucklord the first time they encountered each other?
>>
>>71084909
>Using prequel logic
>Somehow it's better to use no logic at all

That's right everyone, stop looking at the things that don't make sense because it's all about belief in yourself and that is what the force is all about!
>>
>>71084935
She has the opportunity of moving on to bigger and better things but won't do it because of a delusional hope that her family will come back, which she uses as an excuse so she never has to leave her comfort zone. She's the equivalent of the loser who lives in his mom's basement as a NEET/working a dead end job because he's afraid of taking risks even though he keeps saying he's "brilliant but lazy". She's also kind of a bully to Finn early on, and she fucks up the pressure valves and lets the rathtars out on the freighter.

now you're going to move the goalposts and say that doesn't count because you hate that a girl is the protagonist of Star Wars, and this is discounting that Luke doesn't really have any flaws either (because this isn't that kind of story) but whatever
>>
>>71084909
>not perfect

the only thing she failed at doing was destroying death star 3, and that was probably because JJ couldn't come up with a way for her to get into an x-wing during the final fight
>>
>>71081449
His dialogue wasn't Star Wars dialogue though.
>>
>>71085053
>stop looking at the things that don't make sense because it's all about belief in yourself and that is what the force is all about!

except this is L I T E R A L L Y what star wars is about nigger. This isn't fucking DBZ power levels.

>My ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us, binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. You must feel the Force flow around you. Here, between you, me, the tree, the rock, yes, even between the land and the ship.

>I don't believe it.
>That...is why you fail.

You know, this was written by Lawrence Kasdan, the same guy who wrote TFA. The only thing preventing Luke from lifting that X-wing was his own doubt.
>>
Where is the story even going?

>First Order Destroyed
>Kylo Ren beaten

What stakes are there for the next movie?
>>
>>71084758
Disney marketers use that shame tactic to try and shut up anyone calling out their shitty products flaws.
>>
>>71084935
Silly anon, Rey is a feeble, victimized woman, that's her flaw and no sjw will ever admit it but that is why you will never see a female protagonist written as a real human. Because they have to be built up as flawless idols because sjw self serving logic needs them to only be flawed in gender and nothing else.
>>
>>71085170
The First Order isn't destroyed and Kylo Ren is going to get stronger too. He is a villain who's at the beginning of his journey who has only just fully committed to the Dark side. Snoke says the time has come to complete his training, and we wll likely see a stronger and more confident Kylo in the next movie.

People really don't understand Kylo Ren as a villain because he is unlike any star wars villain that came before. People will complain about him being too different while simultaneously bitching TFA is too similar to other movies.
>>
>>71084815
He pretty much quoted kathleen Kenedy, head of lucasarts.
>>
>>71085230
>The First Order isn't destroyed

Their main base and weapon was blown up. They're done.
>>
>>71085088

>She has the opportunity of moving on to bigger and better things but won't do it

And she left in, what, 2 minutes when the opportunity actually arrived? Great character flaw. Took all of a few nanoseconds to piss away that hurdle.

>She's also kind of a bully to Finn early on

And he still worships the ground she walks on.

>she fucks up the pressure valves and lets the rathtars out on the freighter

That thing she did that saved everyone? Yeah horrible flaw, there.

>Luke doesn't really have any flaws either

He a whiner, cocky, quick to rush into things, it takes time for him to warm up to people and for people to warm up to him (unlike Rey-Sue, who everyone loves immediately).

The best part is when Han Solo dies, and Leia goes to hug REY, who she's known for maybe 20 minutes, meanwhile poor Chewbacca who has been Han Solo's friend for decades is just ignored.

What a fucking Mary Sue.
>>
>>71085286
just like the Empire was destroyed when the death star blew up eh
>>
I thought TFA looked nice and that's about it.

Its not a star wars film, it's a tribute to star wars.
>>
>>71085230
they were only the first order

the other knights of ren lead the second third and fourth orders
>>
>>71085331
The empire was an empire, the first order is a small terrorist group.
>>
>>71085331

The empire was a fucking empire. They weren't headquartered on the death star. The first order was.
>>
>>71085088
>She has the opportunity of moving on to bigger and better things but won't do it because of a delusional hope that her family will come back, which she uses as an excuse so she never has to leave her comfort zone.
Yeah, I thought that part was kind of touching, too...for all of 2 seconds before she's running from the Empi-uh I mean FIRST ORDER, takes the Falcon, then flies away, never to return to Jakku despite it apparently being her comfort zone.

>She's also kind of a bully to Finn early on
Not really a "bully", more passive-aggresive. But even that's gone after like 2 minutes.

>and she fucks up the pressure valves and lets the rathtars out on the freighter.
Pretty sure that part was intentional on her part, and even then it saved the crew.

>>71085165
So if just anyone can use the force if they believe, why don't we see Han, Leia, etc use it?

>now you're going to move the goalposts and say that doesn't count because you hate that a girl is the protagonist of Star Wars
Why are you so obsessed over this? Can you just not accept that female protagonists should have flaws and not be perfect at everything they do?
>>
>>71083647
how about you form your own opinion and stop watching mainstream garbage??????????????????????????????
>>
>>71085327
>And she left in, what, 2 minutes when the opportunity actually arrived?

she only left in the first place because she was being shot at by the stormtroopers and didn't have any other choice. Until the very end of the movie she's constantly saying that she needs to go back to Jakku, she rejects the saber and the Force when Maz tries to teach her about it.

>hurr durr people liked Rey

I didn't know it was a requirement that characters in sci fi fantasy adventure series hated each other at first
>>
>>71084069
TFA was fucking awful

worse than the prequels
>>
>>71080771
It was a sigh of relief in response to the prequels.
>>
>rey seemingly knows more about the millennium falcom than han does
why is this allowed
>>
>>71085369
The First Order is an Empire-clone that still has the resources to construct massive super weapons and maintain a large, standardized army.

Anyways, if the first order was a terrorist group then how does 'The Resistance' make any sense for the group opposing them. You can't have both of them be 'le ebin rebel fighters'
>>
>>71085165
>>71085165
>Literally what starwars is about.

Self control vs passionate indulgence
Natural reaction vs reflective decision
Luke beat the emperor because he believed he could? Solo makes a clean escape into cloud city because he believed he could? Leah makes it Scott free to the rebel base with the plans on the death star because... she believes in her self? No where in the original trilogy was the theme"believe in your self and YOU CAN DO IT!" A thing. Get over yourself and take a film theme/culture study course.
>>
>>71085491
>if the first order was a terrorist group then how does 'The Resistance' make any sense for the group opposing them. You can't have both of them be 'le ebin rebel fighters

It's a major plot-hole in the movie.
>>
>>71085444
>Until the very end of the movie she's constantly saying that she needs to go back to Jakku, she rejects the saber and the Force when Maz tries to teach her about it.
And then she just so happened to use the force to grab the saber in her fight with Kylo Ren, where she proceeded to beat him despite having no lightsaber training whatsoever and him being trained by both Luke and Snoke.

>I didn't know it was a requirement that characters in sci fi fantasy adventure series hated each other at first
Why the fuck would Leia hug Rey, a literal nobody whom she just met, instead of Chewbacca, an old and very close friend whom she's had numerous adventures with, after her husband (Who was also Chewie's best friend) was killed?
>>
>>71085487
Because nu-males like JJ suck off the right people to get power in Hollywood.
>>
>>71085369
The First Order isn't a galaxy spanning Empire but that doesn't mean they're operating out of one planet with 5 star destroyers. you know the galaxy is a big place and there's room for in-between

>>71085388
>So if just anyone can use the force if they believe, why don't we see Han, Leia, etc use it?

Who's to say Han couldn't use it if he tried? and we DO see Leia use the force briefly in TFA
>>
>>71085444

>she rejects the saber and the Force when Maz tries to teach her about it

This may be the only actual bit of flaw/indecision she's really shown in the whole movie. I'll agree with this one. Still, 1 moment actual, hindering doubt is pretty gay.

>I didn't know it was a requirement that characters in sci fi fantasy adventure series hated each other at first

Typically in a story it's a good idea to have some sort growth between characters, not have everyone start right off as being best friends.
>>
>>71085219
Ain't that the truth
>>
>>71085487
because if you actually paid attention to the movie you'd realize that they explained that Unkar Plutt had fucked up the ship during a retrofit and put in a bunch of shitty superfluous parts. Rey knew about them because she had worked on the ship, Han hadn't seen it in years.

but I suppose it's easier to just get triggered by a female protag and call her a mary sue than actually paying attention
>>
>>71082435
>The only scores that matter are the ones I agree with!!!!

Kill yourself fagtown
>>
File: 54151541351354.png (433 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
54151541351354.png
433 KB, 800x533
>>71085546

MANCHILDREN BTFO
>>
>>71085623
>Typically in a story it's a good idea to have some sort growth between characters

There is plenty of character growth in TFA without having everyone hate each other. I'm sure if Rey and Finn had the same dynamic as Han and Luke you'd just bitch that it was a rehash.
>>
>>71085603

She does use it? When? Is it when she feels that Han dies? I wouldn't really consider that using the force so much as picking up on it.
>>
>>71085603
>Who's to say Han couldn't use it if he tried?
Then why didn't he? If anyone can use the force, why didn't the Empire have Stormtroopers who could use the force? Why didn't the Resistance leaders learn to use the force, if all they have to do is "believe"?

>and we DO see Leia use the force briefly in TFA
Bullshit. Show me where.

>>71085685
>I'm sure if Rey and Finn had the same dynamic as Han and Luke you'd just bitch that it was a rehash.
It would have been more believable than what we got.
>>
>>71085658
List the exact line where that is said.
>>
>>71085685

Who had character growth?

And it's fine to have a character be enamored by another. It gets ridiculous when everyone loves her immediately. Even Han Solo that miserable old fuck liked her within minutes.
>>
>>71085756
>Bullshit. Show me where.

She feels when Han dies despite having no way of knowing about it. It's minor, but it's there, she clearly has a connection to the Force that she just never fully explored because of her duties as a politician (and Carrie Fisher's drug habits and weight problems preventing her from doing action scenes)

>It would have been more believable than what we got.
>whaa I hate TFA because it's a rehash
>why isn't it MORE of a rehash?

Also remember that their very first scene together is Rey beating the shit out of him and then doing the "hurr durr I don't need no man stop holding my hand" thing. They bond fast because they save each others' lives in rapid succession, Han and Luke never had that opportunity until they were on the Death Star.
>>
File: 1440469761090.jpg (122 KB, 500x492) Image search: [Google]
1440469761090.jpg
122 KB, 500x492
>>71080634
>>
>>71085760
HAN (CONT'D)
Hey! Some moof-milker put a
compressor on the ignition line!
Han moves to the corridor.

INT. MILLENNIUM FALCON - LOUNGE AREA - DAY

REY
Unkar Plutt did. I thought it was a
mistake too, puts too much stress on

THE HYPERDRIVE--

HAN

(OVERLAPPING HER)
-- Stress on the hyperdrive--

REY
Unkar Plutt installed a fuel pump
too -- if we don't prime that we're
not going anywhere.

HAN
I hate that guy.
Han sits as, Rey hitting buttons:

try watching the movie next time nigger
>>
>>71085785
>Who had character growth?

Rey (though it's pretty minor, it's there), Finn, Han, Kylo, etc.
>>
>>71085882

>Han and Luke never had that opportunity until they were on the Death Star

So uh... roughly 8 minutes after they met, then?
>>
>>71085944
Or maybe your boss's at Disney can write good dialogue and not white noise, nigger.
>>
>>71086011
okay, so Han and Luke bonded just as fast as Rey and Finn did.
>>
>>71085944
So her saying he put a fuel pump in means she is an expert on the Falcon and Han knows nothing? Congratulations anon, you're a fucking moron.
>>
>>71080112
i'm sorry that you were such a bad movie.

i'm sorry you had to remake a movie from 40 years ago just to 'play it safe' because you have no creativity.

i'm sorry you needed the gimmick of a 'stronk female lead' to lure in teenage girls who pretend to be nerds cuz they think the chads in their classroom like star wars.

i'm sorry you exist
>>
>>71086053
>hurr durr why does Rey know more about the Falcon than Han???
>Well her boss added some shitty modifications and Han hasn't seen the ship in years
>HURR DURR UR RETARDED QUIT DEFENDING THIS MARY SUE NIGGER KIKE JEW MOVIE REEEEEEEEE

it shows that she's more aware of the modifications that Unkar Plutt made which is why she's able to fix the broken hyperdrive. I think YOU'RE the retard here.
>>
>>71086051

How do you get that they 'bonded' fast? Han was going to run off with the money - which was the primary motivator of why he even stuck around - until the last minute when he had second thoughts. He thought of Luke as just a customer for the most part.
>>
>>71086053
Not that anon, but it means the Falcon has been modified for a while now by Unkarr.

It's like taking an older car and modifying it until it becomes different in feel, except worse because this is a fucking star ship.
>>
>>71085882
>She feels when Han dies despite having no way of knowing about it. It's minor, but it's there, she clearly has a connection to the Force that she just never fully explored because of her duties as a politician (and Carrie Fisher's drug habits and weight problems preventing her from doing action scenes)
But that has nothing to do with "believing in yourself" or whatever the fuck that one guy was talking about. Of course you expect Leia to have some sort of force connection, she's the daughter of Anakin Skywalker, AKA the Chosen One. That's different from some random nobody suddenly being able to use the force because they "believed in themselves".
>>
>>71080112
I'm sorry I spent _$0 to watch this.

Looking back I should have paid around $-10 to see it.
>>
>>71086053

She also knows about other modifications that are listed later, like compression lines etc. Just because you're too stupid to listen to dialogue doesn't mean the rest of us should be dragged down to your level.

Han still pulls off two moves that no one even thinks is possible throughout the movie. Hitting lightspeed from a dead stop inside their freighter and then landing on a planet on an exit out of lightspeed. Han got all the additional glory for being an amazing pilot that he needed.
>>
>>71086196
>Of course you expect Leia to have some sort of force connection, she's the daughter of Anakin Skywalker, AKA the Chosen One. That's different from some random nobody suddenly being able to use the force because they "believed in themselves".

You keep using prequel logic, which is your primary issue here. You need to ignore the prequels because TFA ostensibly acts as if they had never happened.
>>
>>71086130
The same old marketing tactics, bring jews and other hyperbole out of nowhere to try and discredit those calling you out.

You disney bows stick out like a sore thumb when you get put in your place on your shitty movie.
>>
>>71086196

I've believed since I first saw the movie that Anakin's lightsaber and the ensuing vision worked sort of like a holocron for her and that she unknowingly gained some knowledge of the force and it started to flow out of her after that as the movie went on.
>>
>>71085327
>who she's known for maybe 20 minutes
That was the first time they'd met.
She hadn't seen her before that, she wouldn't know what she looked like unless Han or Finn showed her a photo.
As far as Leia was concerned, she saw someone walking slowly out of the Falcon looking depressed while everyone else was cheering, and assumed that she must have been Rey.
>>
>>71086220
That's because Han was a great pilot and not a Mary Sue scavanger that has never flown a ship before in her life or knows more about a mans ship that he has flown for years.

Christ you people are retarded.
>>
>>71080411
>Zelda

Great choice for a weak female who has to be saved ;DDDDDD
>>
>>71086311
>that has never flown a ship before in her life

she HAS flown ships, I don't know where you people are getting this idea that she's never flown before.

>knows more about a mans ship that he has flown for years

This has been explained over and over again, she fixed ONE problem that Han didn't know about because he hadn't flown that ship for years, but you keep plugging your ears and going "NNANANANANAN NOT LISTENING" because you're triggered by a female protagonist. Ur probably a kissless virgin too lmao.
>>
>>71086244
I can't tell if it's the same old marketers or they have a very rigid script they have to follow.
>>
>>71086240
>You keep using prequel logic
Because the prequels are canon, even your Disney overlords say so. Stop acting like you can just pretend they never existed.

>You need to ignore the prequels because TFA ostensibly acts as if they had never happened.
Are you autistic or something? Just because it's not throwing prequel references in your face doesn't mean the prequels are suddenly non-canon.
>>
>>71085974

What was Finn's character growth? That he switched sides? It happened 30 seconds after introducing the character. Being pensive about sticking around to actually fight is shallow tension that was easily overcome by his need for dat Rey pussi.

Kylo? He killed his dad. I'm not sure if that changes his character in the slightest. I guess he's less confused, now.

They did somehow manage to make Han Solo boring so that is some character change, at least.
>>
>>71086311

Rey had flown before. I don't know if you know this or not but she mentioned she was a pilot shortly after meeting Finn.
>>
>>71086264
That's fanfiction and you know it, but they will probably go that route to try and damage control their shitty writing.
>>
>>71086381
Same old marketing tactics and I just laugh at you.
>>
>>71086393
the prequels are only canon for marketing purposes but they will never ever be mentioned or referred to in the new trilogy because Disney knows everyone hates midichlorians and Jar Jar.
>>
>>71086417
>she mentioned she was a pilot shortly after meeting Finn
Did she?
>>
>>71086426

It's not really fan fiction... They show it in the movie.

There's a reason the voice over during that scene is various Jedi masters talking about the force. They even have Obi Wan say "Rey". The force ghosts are obviously communicating with Rey and dropped some knowledge in her head. It's what let her fight against Kylo's mind reading and then I believe she gained more knowledge when she blew it back at him and read his mind.
>>
>>71086381

>she HAS flown ships

When did she mention that?
>>
>>71086516

Just to be fair, they did reference the prequels in The Force Awakens. It wasn't anything that wasn't also mentioned in the original trilogy though.

It's the scene where Hux and Kylo are talking and Kylo essentially says "Maybe Supreme Leader Snoke should consider using a clone army."
>>
>>71086516
>What is Clone Wars
>What is Rebels

Rebels has numerous references to the prequels/Clone Wars and it's obviously canon. If TFA is canon then so are the prequels, moreso because of the reasons listed above. Disney had their chance to axe the prequels, but they chose not to.
>>
>>71086183
Yet Han can still fucking pull it out of Hyperdrive within 100 metres of the planet surface.

He must have changed that much about it.
>>
>>71086516
>Disney knows everyone hates midichlorians and Jar Jar
>Makes MaRey Sue and the force comes from a tree
>>
For what? Its still a quipfest shit movie/remake if star wars. It's garbage.
>>
>>71086519

Yes.

FINN
We can't outrun them!

Rey POINTS to a parked, four-engine SHIP ahead:

REY
We might in that quad-jumper!

FINN
We need a pilot!

REY
We've got one!
>>
>>71080112
She's the chosen one who got magic powers from a burnt tree
>>
>>71086605
Yes, the prequels will still be canon for side materials so Disney can make money from kids and neckbeards, but in the actual films, the shit that actually matters? Prequels are fucking out, dude.

It's like how it's technically canon that Luke and Vader fought before ESB because it was in a comic book and it's technically canon that Chewbacca dual wielded lightsabers but it's not in the movies so it doesn't "really" count. The prequels will NEVER be referenced in the new movies because everyone in a position of power knows they're garbage.
>>
>>71086640

We can assume that because Han is such a great pilot that he learned the changes or had them reverted when they got to D'qar by Chewie so it was back to the way he liked it.
>>
>>71080112
Yeah I am sorry George.
>>
>>71086641
>taking anonymous "leaks" on the internet seriously

even if it is true, making the force originating from a tree is still less offensive than making it a blood type that measures your religious power level
>>
>>71086522
That's probably the laziest writing ever, making her the real chosen one would be better than touch this become god.
>>
>>71086640
>>71086732
Chewbacca is explicitly stated to be repairing the Falcon while the rest of the crew is hanging out in Maz's bar. He probably fixed it and put it back to normal during that time period.
>>
>>71086720
But to straight-up say "They aren't canon" just because you don't like them is retarded and on-par with those "neckbeards" you seem to love referencing so much. You're also forgetting that A New Hope explicitly referenced the Clone Wars. Yeah, it was decades before the actual prequels, but it's still there, and therefore is canon.
>>
>>71080411
A strong character that's perfect in everything, infallible and doesn't need to train or prepare is a Mary Sue.
She very badly written.
You're a sexist for supporting such an awful movie character just for being a female.
>>
>>71086666
Oh I see, that one line justifies her being an ace pilot on top of everything else
>>
>>71086666
How would she train to be a pilot?
>>
>>71086884

To be fair, Luke being an ace pilot is explained in maybe 1 or 2 lines as well.
>>
>>71086849
Okay, whatever, they're "canon", but they're never going to ever be referenced again in the movies, and JJ and Kasdan deliberately crafted TFA to be as anti-prequel as possible
>>
>>71086943
but don't you see anon Luke playing with a toy and talking about piloting an in-atmosphere farming craft means he'd be able to pilot a military grade starfighter without a problem!
>>
>>71086651
Droid please!
>>
>>71086943
But it's literally the only thing he's good for.
>>
>>71086980

But didn't he actually go to an academy for flight training?
>>
>>71080112

Disney should apologize for setting up George Lucas with an undercover fat black woman who convinced him to sell all the rights to his masterpiece, just so Disney could make ridiculous amounts of money shitting around derivative sequel after derivative sequel for maximum profit
>>
File: 1465079301009.jpg (11 KB, 300x364) Image search: [Google]
1465079301009.jpg
11 KB, 300x364
>>71085936
>>
File: 1445362136757.jpg (335 KB, 1440x1438) Image search: [Google]
1445362136757.jpg
335 KB, 1440x1438
>>71080112

TELL JJ TO SHOVE HIS ANTI-WHITE PROPAGANDA UP HIS KIKE ASS
>>
>>71086943
I never really saw Luke as much of an "Ace pilot" in Episode 4. Sure he had training, but look at the assault on the Death Star and it seems like he survived as long as he did thanks to the force and Han saving his ass. In Episode 5, a few years have passed, so it's expected that he would have gotten better, especially since he's now part of the rebellion.
>>
>>71087020
No, Luke never went to the academy. He's clearly set up to be good enough to have made it there, but he's never received any formal training, he just dicked around in his skyhopper with Biggs.
>>
>>71086765

>Become god

Apparently being able to mind trick a weak minded and brainwashed storm trooper and not dying while fighting a bowcastered dark Jedi that was told to capture her is equivalent to being a god.
>>
ITT: triggered teens
>>
>>71087128
>>
Can anyone imagine the conversation between Luke and Rey when they start they're training. What is it possibly going to teach her from here on?

>All right, we're going to start with a simple force trick, moving objects around
I already did that.
>you what?
Yeah, I was able to pull your lightsbare from Kylo Ren when he was trying to pull it too.
>well okay then, how about if we start with mind tricks
Already done that too. I was able to trick Daniel Craig into releasing me from prison and giving me his weapon
>How about reading minds? Only very few Jedi are able to do this, it took me decades to learn this.
I've already done this too. Kylo tried to read my mind, but I was able to block him and read his emotions instead.
>Fuck it, let's try learning to use a lightsabre instead.
I already beat Kylo in a fight,
>What? You were able to beat the main antagonist of the trilogy in your first fight with him?
Yeah
>Well, you're all good then, training done, best of luck.
>>
>>71087272
Rey is a scavenger on a planet full of rough types, she had to learn how to fight to survive. Luke was a soft farm boy who lived a live of (relative) comfort in his aunt and uncle's house.

The rest of those is autistic or plain wrong
>>
>>71087342
>Luke was a soft farm boy who lived a live of (relative) comfort in his aunt and uncle's house.
>Can't leave his house at night because the muslims will get him
>>
>>71087397
read the (canon) comics. Obi-Wan shielded Luke from any real adversity or danger at every turn, turning him into a whiny, spoiled brat
>>
>>71087272

She knows more about the modifications. She couldn't fly nearly as well as Han does and has her mind blown by his abilities.

Can't fight off the Rathtars at all.

She gets blown the fuck out by Kylo.

It's not the first time she's flown by a long shot.

Is an experience staff user who is able to use the very similar fighting style to use the lightsaber. Let's also keep in mind Kylo was told to capture her so he couldn't fight his all because he would wind up killing her doing that.

I've already talked about how she can't 'instantly' do those things.

Luke is trusted very similarly to Rey. Rey is also vetted by Finn who was vetted by Poe and she's also vetted by Han and Chewie. She went on a potentially deadly mission to get BB-8 to the resistance which is the only reason they can find Luke at all anyway.

So do most other characters in the movies. Including Luke.
Now let's talk about Luke:

Getting yelled at by Han doesn't make him any less of a Mary Sue, that's such a weak argument. Han also yells at Rey but you ignored that part.

He has the blast shield put on him after 2 minutes of practice and starts blocking shots so this is a pure lie. He also fights and survives against Darth fucking Vader the strongest force user and duelist in history.

He didn't try to do any force movements until 5 and he didn't have force ghosts communicating with him like Rey did in TFA.

Rey would've never gotten off of Starkiller if it wasn't for Finn, Han and Chewie.

No, he didn't need C3-PO. Him and R2 talk several times throughout the movies.

He annoyed Han slightly but he never bothered Leia.
>>
>>71087485
>if you read secondary material I'm right
Even then someone who grows up sifting through garbage to survive will be a literal retard, not a Mary sue. See any third world shithole
>>
>>71087671
you would know
>>
>>71087656
>Is an experience staff user who is able to use the very similar fighting style to use the lightsaber
This is like saying knowing how to swing a golf club makes you good at tennis.
>>
>>71087656
>She gets blown the fuck out by Kylo.
No she doesn't. She slashes him across the face.

>Getting yelled at by Han doesn't make him any less of a Mary Sue, that's such a weak argument. Han also yells at Rey but you ignored that part.
Han and Luke don't become actual friends until the end of 4. Rey meets Han and he suddenly likes her after like 5 minutes.

>He has the blast shield put on him after 2 minutes of practice and starts blocking shots so this is a pure lie.
He couldn't block the shots until he focused.

>He also fights and survives against Darth fucking Vader the strongest force user and duelist in history.
Darth Vader, AKA his father, who wants Luke to join him so they can overthrow the Emperor.

>He didn't try to do any force movements until 5 and he didn't have force ghosts communicating with him like Rey did in TFA.
Because he didn't start his training until 5.

>No, he didn't need C3-PO. Him and R2 talk several times throughout the movies.
Not in the first Star Wars.

>He annoyed Han slightly but he never bothered Leia.
Like I said above, Han didn't start liking him until the end of the first Star Wars.
>>
Fuck all that Mary Sue shit let's focus on the real problem of the movie.

It was too fucking fast. While the prequels were great for lore and learning about the Universe but at the same time frightfully dull, TFA barely gives the characters time to take a piss before the next important battle takes place.
>>
>>71087656
You are completely wrong about literally everything, I'm almost impressed.
>>
>>71081836

because got and capeshit flavor of the month deserves to be discussed by connoisseurs in 25 threads at the same time am I right?
>>
>>71087922

Do you not remember when he put her in stasis and then made her collapse?

Rey was in awe of Han whereas Luke attacked Han's credibility. Can you see where the relationships might form differently?

And Rey was losing her fight until she focused.

"He will join us or die." Luke said he wouldn't join them so Vader would be more than willing to kill him. Also, this is a similar argument to the argument that Ren was ordered to bring Rey to Snoke.

Exactly. Rey got training (albeit in an unusual way) in this movie.

That's why I said movies.

Luke was a complete ass to Han so that's not really a surprise.
>>
>>71088056

Well argued.
>>
>>71087923
>While the prequels were great for lore and learning about the Universe but at the same time frightfully dull, TFA barely gives the characters time to take a piss before the next important battle takes place.

Star Wars is all about fast pacing, dude. Richard Chew, Paul Hirsch and Marcia Lucas cut a ton of scenes from the first cut of ANH because it was too slow and boring.

and let's not forget that they spend like 30 minutes on Maz's planet without a single battle scene and then another 20 on the Resistance Base/Starkiller without anyone getting shot
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-06-21-00h58m05s945.png (126 KB, 660x272) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-06-21-00h58m05s945.png
126 KB, 660x272
>>71087656

>No, he didn't need C3-PO. Him and R2 talk several times throughout the movies

So, this part in Return of the Jedi where he's using the ship's onboard computer to translate C3-PO for him, he doesn't actually need that?
>>
>>71088143

He didn't have any of that on Dagobah when he and R2 were communicating after the x-wing sank.

At the very least it's inconsistent.
>>
>>71088074
>Do you not remember when he put her in stasis and then made her collapse?
Which part was that again?

>Rey was in awe of Han whereas Luke attacked Han's credibility. Can you see where the relationships might form differently?
That's what I mean. It was fun watching Han and Luke go back and forth because it felt believable and was fun to watch. Han meets Rey and 10 minutes later is like "Eh, I like her, better give her a blaster!"

>And Rey was losing her fight until she focused.
Luke training with a droid on the Millenium Falcon and managing to dodge a few shots under Obi-Wan's guidance isn't the same as Rey suddenly overpowering Kylo Ren and kicking his ass.

>"He will join us or die." Luke said he wouldn't join them so Vader would be more than willing to kill him. Also, this is a similar argument to the argument that Ren was ordered to bring Rey to Snoke.
In RotJ, Vader keeps talking to Luke about turning him over to the dark side, and Luke talks to Vader about how he wants to save his father. Vader later throws Palpatine into a pit to save his son and asks to see him with his own eyes before he dies. There's a lot more going on than just "Good guy vs bad guy", the entire theme of RotJ was about Vader's redemption and Luke resisting the temptation of the dark side.

>Exactly. Rey got training (albeit in an unusual way) in this movie.
What "training"?

>That's why I said movies.
Okay, so you're saying I'm correct?

>Luke was a complete ass to Han so that's not really a surprise.
See above.
>>
>>71087656
>Can't fight off the Rathtars at all.

Nope just manages to miraculously save Finn from them.

>She gets blown the fuck out by Kylo.
No she doesn't, she beats him in a lightsaber duel and manages to get inside his head, all with zero training. What a joke.

>Is an experience staff user who is able to use the very similar fighting style to use the lightsaber.

Dumbest thing I've ever read. They're entirely different weapons, makes absolutely zero sense.

>I've already talked about how she can't 'instantly' do those things.

But she does. She doesn't need to learn. She doesn't need a mentor. She doesn't need to ever be saved. Pure Mary Sue.

>He also fights and survives against Darth fucking Vader the strongest force user and duelist in history.

Not in the first movie. In the second movie Vader toys with him and still cuts off his hand.

> Him and R2 talk several times throughout the movies.

Wrong, he can only understand R2 in ships with the screen. Rey literally, magically, speaks droid. And Wookie. Luke can do neither.

You really are wrong about pretty much everything m8. Luke got his ass kicked by Tuskan raiders in the first film and needed to be saved by Obi Wan. He almost got his ass kicked again in the bar and needed to be saved by Obi Wan. R2 and C3PO save him, Leia and Han from the trash shoot. Leia saves him with the falcon in the second film and he requires Vader to save him from the emperor in the third.

In the original trilogy the characters constantly had to help and save each other. In ep 7 it's all Ma-Rey Sue
>>
It was a good movie and a fun movie. It's about as good of a Star Wars film as you can get nowadays.

The only issue with it is that Rey constantly has a solution to every problem. She's a Mary Sue, but maybe she wasn't intentionally written that way. Maybe the writers got a little carried away when they were writing the script and didn't fully think through having Rey solve as many problems as she did.

The other characters were great.
>>
>>71081857
Warcraft did gangbusters in China.

The future of the movie industry is appealing to the Chinese market. It's much more lucrative.
>>
>>71088187

I'm watching the scene right now. Their 'communication' consist of him talking at R2. At one point he does say, "Still, there's something familiar about this place," and R2 beeps, and he says, "I dunno, but I feel like... like we're being watched!" Perhaps you're right and he understood a series of beeps meaning "What?" but that hardly seems like a full back and forth conversation.
>>
>>71088340
>Which part was that again?

When he captured her on Maz's planet. He overwhelms her completely and utterly.

>That's what I mean. It was fun watching Han and Luke go back and forth because it felt believable and was fun to watch. Han meets Rey and 10 minutes later is like "Eh, I like her, better give her a blaster!"

You understand Han is a very different person in TFA than he was in the original movie, right? Keep in mind, too, Rey needed a father figure and Han was missing a child, they both saw what they were missing in each other. So you're just mad the dynamic wasn't the same as in ANH?

>Rey suddenly overpowering Kylo Ren and kicking his ass.

How can you fuckers not under understand Kylo as a character? He is not meant to be this badass sith lord, his entire arc revolves around how he doesn't know what the fuck he's doing and everyone talking down to him, and he thinks killing his dad will make him the big bad dark sider he wants to be, only for him to fall flat on his face. He's in the middle of a fucking mental breakdown and is mortally wounded when he fought Rey, so that helps too. You keep complaining that TFA is too similar to ANH, then complain TFA isn't ANH. I don't get it.
>>
>>71088484

>He is not meant to be this badass sith lord

Okay so the first thing we see him do is stop a blaster shot in its place using very little focus, and then stop REY from even moving with very little effort, and he's... NOT supposed to be a badass?
>>
>>71088484
>
How can you fuckers not under understand Kylo as a character? He is not meant to be this badass sith lord, his entire arc revolves around how he doesn't know what the fuck he's doing and everyone talking down to him, and he thinks killing his dad will make him the big bad dark sider he wants to be, only for him to fall flat on his face. He's in the middle of a fucking mental breakdown and is mortally wounded when he fought Rey, so that helps too. You keep complaining that TFA is too similar to ANH, then complain TFA isn't ANH. I don't get it.

The flick begins with him stopping a fucking blasterbolt midflight. Yet by the end he loses a lightsaber duel to an anorexic teenage girl
>>
>>71088340

When they were on Takodana and Rey had run away because she was too afraid of what had happened when she touched the lightsaber to stick around. You know, showing a flaw as a character. Ren finds her in the forest and captures her.

So they should've cloned Han and Luke's relationship so that the movie would be more of a redo of the OT? I think it was clever to have Rey be in awe of Han for his skill as a smuggler. Rey also was able to win him over by putting her life on the line to bring a droid to his wife which will help her find his brother. She also inadvertently led Han to find the Falcon again.

He still wants to turn him, yes, but that doesn't mean Vader wouldn't have killed him if he couldn't turn him. He almost let the Emperor do it himself.

When she touches the saber you can hear the force ghosts of Obi Wan and Yoda and she also sees things that expose her to knowledge of the force.

You're right that he couldn't in ANH, but I never claimed that he could.
>>71088349

It wasn't miraculous at all. She closed a door. Is that any more miraculous than the monster that grabbed Luke in the compactor letting go of him for no reason?

Except when she's saved by Han, Chewie and Finn. She's also kept safe from the Guavian Death Gang and Kanjiklub by Han and Chewie. She's also saved again by Chewie at the end when he pulls her off the planet in the Falcon. She's also somewhat saved by Finn as they're escaping Jakku when he brings her with him as he starts to run, when he blasts the ties and then when he helps repair the Falcon.

You're correct that Luke doesn't fight Vader in the first movie, but I didn't make that claim. Kylo was toying with Rey the same way and also couldn't kill her. Kylo is also deeply weakened and not nearly as skilled as Anakin was even when he was an apprentice.

How did Luke and R2 talk on Dagobah after the x-wing sank then?

I just listed a bunch of times Rey was saved, so I don't see a problem.
>>
>>71088566

He's all flash but he lacks the substantive power that Vader had.
>>
>>71088484
>When he captured her on Maz's planet. He overwhelms her completely and utterly.
And then she reads his mind and uses a mind trick to escape, two things which only trained Jedi masters can do.

>You understand Han is a very different person in TFA than he was in the original movie, right? Keep in mind, too, Rey needed a father figure and Han was missing a child, they both saw what they were missing in each other. So you're just mad the dynamic wasn't the same as in ANH?
Okay, I can accept Han being different. But why the fuck is everyone else so trusting of Rey? Literally everyone she meets likes her and trusts her, from Leia to Maz Kanata to Finn. There's no real character development between them, they just meet her and not even a minute later they trust her.

>How can you fuckers not under understand Kylo as a character? He is not meant to be this badass sith lord, his entire arc revolves around how he doesn't know what the fuck he's doing and everyone talking down to him, and he thinks killing his dad will make him the big bad dark sider he wants to be, only for him to fall flat on his face. He's in the middle of a fucking mental breakdown and is mortally wounded when he fought Rey, so that helps too. You keep complaining that TFA is too similar to ANH, then complain TFA isn't ANH. I don't get it.
Kylo is shown to be strong with the force, so strong that he can literally stop blaster bolts in mid-air and can grab one of his men by the throat and bring them towards him. And then along comes Rey, some literal nobody, and she proceeds to kick his ass in a duel with no prior lightsaber or force training. Do you not understand why that's bullshit? It'd be like if Luke fought Vader in ANH on the Death Star and suddenly was able to overpower him.
>>
>>71088632
>I just listed a bunch of times Rey was saved, so I don't see a problem.
You didn't list a single time. Every single one of those times she saved herself.
>>
>>71088566
>>71088590

Oh my god, you powerlevel wankers are the fucking worst. You don't get it. You seriously just see him do something powerful in the movie and see him wear a cool helmet, so you think he's a badass, when that is precisely THE POINT. Kylo Ren is a scared, insecure kid pretending to be Vader to make himself feel more intimidating and powerful. He was likely an angsty and depressed kid with abandonment issues after being dumped on Luke by his parents and Snoke exploited that. Despite this he actually hates being evil and is questioning himself throughout the entire movie.

from his very first scene Kylo Ren's will is constantly being eroded as other people talk down to him and he questions his devotion to his cause. He kills his father to go all-in with the dark side to try to prove that he's the bad guy he wants to be, but he fails at it

>von Sydow says he's a poser and can never deny the connection to his family, so Kylo spergs out and kills him
>Snoke questions his loyalty and says his father will be his greatest test, Kylo ren denies Han means anything to him but it's clear he's bullshitting
>He talks to the Vader helmet and says he's being "pulled to the light" and seeks guidance from the helmet so he won't be seduced by his conscience
>Rey calls him a pussy and says he'll never be as strong as Darth Vader, taking off the mask is a literal depiction of Kylo Ren opening up and becoming more vulnerable
>On the bridge, Kylo Ren says he's being "torn apart" and that he "wants to be free of this pain" (free of his connection to his family which is causing him pain) and he knows what he has to do (kill Han) but he doesn't know if he has the strength to do it
>He realizes almost immediately that killing his father was a bad choice and he's having a breakdown in the climax

combined with the mortal wound from the bowcaster Rey is able to beat him. buncha fuckin retards around here I swear
>>
>>71088703

Trained Jedi masters are not the only ones who can do a mind trick on a weak minded and brainwashed stormtrooper.

Finn puts faith in her because she put her life on the line to save him and BB-8. Han trusts Rey because she inadvertently brought him the falcon and is bringing a droid to his wife that will help them find Luke and putting her life on the line to do it. The Resistance trusts her generally because of those actions and because Poe trusts Finn who trusts Rey.

How can you not piece that together?
She didn't kick his ass. Do you not remember all that shit that happened to him before the fight started? Like getting blasted in the side by a bowcaster?

Kylo is not Vader. Not even close in terms of power.
>>
Face it, Rey is a pathetic Mary Sue with zero meaningful struggles or character development and is the most idiotic protagonist in Star Wars history.
>>
>>71088632
>because she was too afraid of what had happened when she touched the lightsaber to stick around. You know, showing a flaw as a character.
A flaw that's gone when she magically grabs the lightsaber with the force and beats Kylo Ren

>So they should've cloned Han and Luke's relationship so that the movie would be more of a redo of the OT?
I wanted literally anything besides everyone automatically liking her.

>He still wants to turn him, yes, but that doesn't mean Vader wouldn't have killed him if he couldn't turn him. He almost let the Emperor do it himself.
The point is, Vader was mostly toying with Luke, and even then Luke got his ass kicked. Rey can suddenly overpower Kylo Ren in battle and is capable of wounding him.

>When she touches the saber you can hear the force ghosts of Obi Wan and Yoda and she also sees things that expose her to knowledge of the force.
So that's all it takes? One touch and suddenly she's on-par with people such as Obi-Wan, Yoda, and Anakin?

>>71088762
>>71088803
We aren't talking about motivations or whatever here. I could understand the bowcaster wound, but think about it: Finn and Rey pretty much have no training with lightsabers or the force. Kylo is wounded, but Finn still gets his ass handed to him, so much that he's hospitalized. Rey literally gets her powers from nowhere and defeats Kylo with relative ease, and there's no real explanation except a bunch of theories. How is she not a Mary Sue?
>>
>>71088703
>Do you not understand why that's bullshit? It'd be like if Luke fought Vader in ANH on the Death Star and suddenly was able to overpower him.

>complains that TFA is too much like ANH
>then complains that TFA isn't enough like ANH
>fails to understand that Kylo is a poser who's trying and failing to be Darth Vader

what a retard lmao
>>
>>71088932
What is the point you're trying to make? That Disney is incapable of original ideas and has to resort to rehashing the first Star Wars?
>>
Bottom line though its such a lame way to tell a story to just not explain anything thats going on, and use a story already told as filler to serve the narrative so they don't need to explain anything.

So I have to have a metric buttload of questions leading into VIII and they might not even be answered as there is no proof of that.

The movie is just fun... but frustrating as it doesn't really feel like a third part of a puzzle piece it feels more like some pieces were missing.

Expecting the audience to have patience with Rey was very arrogant by Abrams because it gets really old to have no idea who she is and her solving everything.
>>
>>71088932
The only difference between ANH and TFA is the Mary Sue protagonist, which is a change for the worse.
>>
>>71088917
>we aren't talking about motivations or whatever here

except it's relevant to the discussion. Kylo Ren is a fucking mess at the end of the movie, he's fucking confused and having a breakdown and has no idea what to believe anymore, and that's not even taking the blaster wound into account. Emotional conflict making you weak is a real thing in Star Wars, that's exactly what happened to Vader in RotJ.

>Rey literally gets her powers from nowhere and defeats Kylo with relative ease,

Rey has the Force and Finn didn't. Rey takes Maz's advice and lets the Force guide her actions so she reks Kylo.

It's amazing that a children's space movie is too complicated for you. I guess you were raised on the prequels and need endless exposition to understand anything that happens in a movie.
>>
>>71088961
No, my point is that people will complain that TFA is a rehash of ANH and then in the same breath complain when TFA doesn't follow the exact same formula, idiot.
>>
>>71088674

>All flash

But.. he was effective. Like, he was overwhelmingly powerful, so powerful in fact that people couldn't even move around him he was so in control. How is that just flashy?

>>71088762

>von Sydow says he's a poser and can never deny the connection to his family, so Kylo spergs out and kills him

Yeah that's so different from

>Some fag tells Vader his religion is a relic of the past so Vader force-chokes him

>combined with the mortal wound from the bowcaster

Oh hoh yeah that thing that didn't even make him bleed that much. That """""""mortal wound""""""" that he was actively agitating and which showed absolutely no sign of having a negative effect on his fighting ability EXCEPT for when Rey suddenly focused on the Mary-Sue within and beat him with grrl power.
>>
>>71089015
>I guess you were raised on the prequels and need endless exposition to understand anything that happens in a movie.
Holy fuck you are retarded.

TFA was trash for children, you should be embarrassed.
>>
>>71089015
>except it's relevant to the discussion. Kylo Ren is a fucking mess at the end of the movie, he's fucking confused and having a breakdown and has no idea what to believe anymore,
Really? Because he doesn't show it at all.

>Emotional conflict making you weak is a real thing in Star Wars, that's exactly what happened to Vader in RotJ.
Anakin turned to the dark side to save Padme, and his emotional conflict was because he perceived everyone as having betrayed him. Kylo's apparent "breakdown" never shows. He kills his own father and literally shows no emotion or remorse.

>Rey has the Force and Finn didn't. Rey takes Maz's advice and lets the Force guide her actions so she reks Kylo.
This would have been more believable if they had shown us anything to imply Rey had some sort of force training.

>It's amazing that a children's space movie is too complicated for you. I guess you were raised on the prequels and need endless exposition to understand anything that happens in a movie.
Why are you so mad? You sound like your job depends on winning this argument.
>>
>>71089142
>Because he doesn't show it at all.

I'm sorry it wasn't explained in exposition. I guess if George wrote the script and Kylo said "AHHHHHHHHHHH WHAT HAVE I DONE, I AM SO SORRY FATHER, I THOUGHT KILLING YOU WOULD MAKE ME STRONGER BUT IT DIDN'T AHHHHHHHH I'M SO CRAZYYYYYYY" it would have solved the problem.

Seriously, watch Adam Driver's ACTING right after he kills Han and during the final fight, it tells you all you need to know and the script directions confirm it.

>Why are you so mad?

Because arguing with retarded prequelbabbies on the internet who are incapable of comprehending basic characterization and character arcs and criticize TFA for not falling in line with the shittiest movies of the series is exhausting
>>
>>71089224
TFA was the shittiest movie of the series, get over it.

You sound like a teenage girl.
>>
>>71089224
>Seriously, watch Adam Driver's ACTING right after he kills Han and during the final fight, it tells you all you need to know and the script directions confirm it.
What "acting"? I don't remember him showing any signs that he was having any sort of mental breakdown.

>Because arguing with retarded prequelbabbies on the internet who are incapable of comprehending basic characterization and character arcs and criticize TFA for not falling in line with the shittiest movies of the series is exhausting
Then why continue doing so?
>>
>>71089250
You don't unironically believe TFA is worse than the prequels, do you?

You're memeing me right now, aren't you?
>>
>>71089283
TFA was absolute garbage, Disney trash.

Not surprised that a teenage girl such as yourself liked it though.
>>
>>71089311
>TFA was absolute garbage, Disney trash.

>le evul jewz so it's bad!!!!

opinion discarded
>>
File: general hux.jpg (69 KB, 985x1280) Image search: [Google]
general hux.jpg
69 KB, 985x1280
Is /tv/ the most pathetic userbase on 4chan? The contrarian mental gymnastics regarding Star Wars: TFA is incredible and at the same time absolutely loathsome.

The constant denial, backtracking and moving the goalposts.

>"TFA will be shit! Fucking Jew Jew Abrams, fucking nigger main character, fucking SJWs! People won't accept this! It will be worse than the prequels and a total flop!"
>Trailer drops. Record pre-sales, screenings booked out months in advance. Hype incredibly high.
>"I-i-t'll still be a flop! Guaranteed to be shit! Phantom Menace sold well too before people realised it was shit! N-nigger character!"
>TFA releases. 5 star reviews, record opening day. People love based Johnny B's performance, and he's very well received.
>"o-ok it might not be as bad as we thought, but it's still not going to beat Jurassic World! Disney are finished!"
>Beats Jurassic World, despite being released in off-season and no Chinese release.
>"J-just wait until based RLM eviscerates it for being A New Hope ripoff in a Mr Plinkett review! You'll f-fucking see then Starfags!"
>Mike loves it. RLM approve and think it has saved the Star Wars franchise from the prequels.
>"FUCKING SHIT FILM, MARY SUE JEW SHIT. PREQUEL LOVE THREAD. WHO FUCKING LOVES ATTACK OF THE CLONES? I DO. REVENGE OF THE SITH WAS BETTER THAN ROTJ. BASED GEORGE LUCAS. WELL AT LEAST TFA WON'T BEAT AVATAR, I FUCKING SWEAR TO GOD PLEASE."

The basement dwellers who strive to be contrarian have been backed into a corner really, they started so verbose. So confident that the film would be a flop, not break any records and would be panned by critics. Slowly as TFA has BTFO them on every conceivable level, they've been reduced to adopting some bizarre cult-like contrarian attitude to the prequels, proclaiming them as underrated gems, and trying to push some kind of narrative where if TFA doesn't beat Avatar, it's somehow failed, despite already being a record breaking movie and saving Star Wars.
>>
>>71089329
He didn't mention the Jews anywhere in his post. Why would you think that's why he didn't like it?
>>
>>71089329
Disney is not synonymous with Jew you retarded bigot.
>>
>>71089359
>$0.01 has been deposited into your account
>>
>>71089359
Laughing at how accurate this is.
People are still going to try and refute it.
>>
>>71089368
He didn't mention jews exactly, sure, but the implication is there

it's obvious that there's a great deal many people who hate TFA simply because it was made by Disney instead of anything actually in the movie. Anyone who actually believes TFA is worse than the prequels is being intellectually dishonest and has some kind of agenda, period.
>>
>>71089422
>but the implication is there
Where?

>it's obvious that there's a great deal many people who hate TFA simply because it was made by Disney instead of anything actually in the movie.
We just had a thread explaining why people didn't like it. Maybe you should go back and actually read the things posted ITT.

>Anyone who actually believes TFA is worse than the prequels is being intellectually dishonest and has some kind of agenda, period.
>Stop having opinions!
>>
>>71089359
It also had 1.2 million blue ray and dvd sales in 7 days. Assuming that's about $15 a sale were talking roughly 18 million in retail sales in a single week of dvd sales. Don't even get me started on the toys and t-shirts and shit

It's a runaway success.
>>
>>71089224

>watch Adam Driver's ACTING

""""""""""ACTING"""""""""" lol he doesn't even have any discernible expression on his face. Is it relief? is it regret? Who fucking knows and who even cares at this point.
>>
>>71089588
It's a success because it appeals to the lowest common denominator.
>>
File: fedora.jpg (26 KB, 367x500) Image search: [Google]
fedora.jpg
26 KB, 367x500
>>71089659
Yet the critics, people who get paid to actually analyze films from an objective standpoint, pretty unanimously love the movie.

Yet you, an anonymous kissless virgin NEET on the internet, are the end-all-be-all of film quality and know better than the filthy unwashed plebs. Everyone else is beneath you.
>>
>>71089697
I get the feeling you're an actual Disney shill, based simply on all the insults you throw out and the fact that you absolutely refuse to back down. Feel free to prove me wrong, though.
>>
>>71089659
Just because something has broad appeal doesn't make it bad.
The goal of a film maker isn't to have no one watch their movies.
>>
>>71089659
I can't argue with that, because the OT and PT did the exact same thing. I'd never argue that Star Wars is high art...it's not...but they're enjoyable space adventure movies.
>>
>>71089697
>know better than the filthy unwashed plebs. Everyone else is beneath you.

Yes, that's exactly right actually in regards to comparing myself to people who actually liked TFA/thought it was a good movie.
>>
File: 1448831090713.jpg (129 KB, 600x772) Image search: [Google]
1448831090713.jpg
129 KB, 600x772
>>71089713
>call people shills for liking a movie
>DUDE WHY ARE YOU INSULTING ME WHY ARE YOU SO DEFENSIVE

ayy lmao
>>
>>71089697
My girlfriend hated TFA and prefers the prequels.
>>
>>71089766
Seriously tho, you can tell us if you are one. It would make more sense than you just being some sperg who refuses to accept that people didn't like TFA, especially based on how angry your posts are becoming. But I can understand if you aren't allowed to admit to being a shill, so I'll just give you the benefit of the doubt and keep assuming you are one.
>>
>>71089697
>Yet the critics, people who get paid to actually analyze films from an objective standpoint
>thinks film critics are "objective"
>thinks films can be analyzed objectively at all.

Holy fuck you are completely retarded.
>>
my complete honest opinion:

ESB > ANH = TCW >>> ROTJ > ROTS > TPM = TFA >> AOTC
>>
>>71089833
I can accept that people didn't like TFA, but you're delusional if you think people who don't like TFA simply stop at "I disliked TFA but if you like it that's cool" it's always something like

>WHAT YOU LIKED TFA? FUCK YOU SJW NIGGER KIKE SHILL $0.01 HAS BEEN DEPOSITED INTO YOUR DISNEY ACCOUNT LITERALLY KILL YOURSELF
>>
>>71089891
But you're the only one ITT sperging out and throwing insults at everyone. Sure, most people ITT say things like "fuck you" and whatnot, but that's to be expected here. You seem to take legitimate offense to the fact that some people hate TFA, to the point where you spent the last few hours trying to get them to change their mind to no avail. It's almost like your life depends on convincing people on /tv/ that they should love this movie.

There's shitposting, and then there's maximum autism. You should really think about which one you fall into. Goodnight.
Thread replies: 225
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.