[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Preacher general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6
File: chzqfpjuyaaqgpt.jpg (118 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
chzqfpjuyaaqgpt.jpg
118 KB, 640x640
I dont like this show. I should, it has everything I would want, but I dont. Dont like the Southern Hillbilly artstyle. The humor isnt funny and the absurd situations feels forced instead of genuinely fitting the story. Also some of the acting feels bad. Overall the show tries too hard.
>>
>>71071397
If you're a comicfag. read the first issue of outcast. then watch the first episode of the show. then weep.
>>
>>71071397
I'm enjoying what I've seen. Need to catch up though, which isn't a big deal.
>>
>>71071731
Outcast is less painful than Preacher

>>71071397
> some of the acting feels bad. Overall the show tries too hard.

This, fucking this.
>>
File: RCO009.jpg (669 KB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
RCO009.jpg
669 KB, 1988x3056
>>71071892
i never felt the acting as bad so far

But i can see Roscharch and Gilgun are better than the rest.
>>
i enjoy it.
>>
>>71073955
Yeah I also sorta enjoy it, but it feels like it tries too hard to be over the top
>>
It will be cancelled.
Why bother
>>
>>71071397
Its shit, just shit.
>>
>>71074586
cancel a show with such high ratings? doubtful.
>>
ruth negga is cute
>>
>>71074681

Too bad her character is complete shit.
>>
>>71074645
>1.7 mill and down with each episode

With the budget it haves, I doubt is a good bussines now.
>>
>>71071731
So it's bad?
>>
File: 123.jpg (180 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
123.jpg
180 KB, 1920x1080
>>71074738
I hate her so fucking much
>>
>>71074776
its budget is average, not high at all.
>>
>>71074681
Love Ruth, hate her Tulip.
>>
>>71071397
is that Danny Dyer?
>>
>>71074894

Dominic Cooper, they're both cunty looking britbongs so I get the mistake
>>
Gilgun doesn't deserve this
>>
File: King_Llane_Wrynn_I.png (669 KB, 1226x511) Image search: [Google]
King_Llane_Wrynn_I.png
669 KB, 1226x511
>>71074894
>Danny Dyer

I am the King!
>>
>>71071397
Not all that crazy about it but I'm giving it a chance. Kind of annoyed that so little has happened but that's probably coloured by having read the comics.
>>
I watched 4 episodes and is over for me
The show dont goes to anywhere and except for cassidy, the other 2 main charas are retarded.
>>
>>71075532
Story starts to show in episode 5 and I definitely think it peaks at 7.
>>
If heaven is calling im betting the Saint will be appearing on episode 5 or so.
>>
Tulip is awesome and I love the actor playing Preacher he got that swag.
>>
>>71075822

You sound like a nigger.
>>
>>71075608
>AMC
>peaks at episode 7
Subtle.
>>
>>71075532
Yeah Tulip is seeming a bit shit. Last episode when she was standing in the way of that car and then yelling at the guy for having the like temerity to ask her to move and shit. Stuff like that, done by a male character, is how you code an asshole. And join me once again for FEMINIST SPOILER TAGS it bothers me a bit that this is how so many people, usually dudes, write """""""strong""""""" female characters - by appropriating the worst aspects of stereotypical masculinity. It's actually pretty condescending to women; a guy doing this would be an almost inexpressible asshole, but look, it's so cute when a grill does it, awww.

And then this episode where she's annoyed at some dude because some chick fell down a sinkhole. I mean it was a fucking sinkhole. OK they wouldn't have been there if blah but what the fuck? It makes no sense.

Maybe shit will start to happen now with Quincannon. I think we might see him try to stone a few gays to death and whatnot. Is he even still a [actual serious comic-book spoilers] meatfucker, though?
>>
>>71075969
She came off like a prudish, self righteous cunt. Her Girl power schtick is annoying like her shitty accent.
>>
>>71071397
>Dont like the Southern Hillbilly artstyle

I do. It reminds me of a better time when Justified was on the air.
>>
>>71075856
Damn Sherlock Holmes you're really just hitting them out of the fucking park today.
>>
>>71076518

Actually it was more of a guess than a deduction, so Lestrade would be a better comparison.
>>
>>71071397
Where can I watch these show, I read the comics when I was a teenager, How faithful is it?
>>
File: shaun of the dead.gif (2 MB, 348x323) Image search: [Google]
shaun of the dead.gif
2 MB, 348x323
>Watch pilot
>mite b cool.png
>Grab the first book of comics
>it's amazing
>>
>>71076569
>Where can I watch these show,

You're on the internet, use it.

>I read the comics when I was a teenager, How faithful is it?

Well the names are right I guess.
>>
>>71076551
Holmes basically never engages in actual deduction, cracker. He uses abductive reasoning, often referred to as 'inference to the best explanation' and known to your country ass as 'guessing'.
>>
>>71076569
>I read the comics when I was a teenager, How faithful is it?

It's recognisable. Don't go in expecting the comics to have been used as storyboards. There are differences to backstories and some characterisations, most notably Tulip.

I'm giving it a chance, though it's not been great so far. Cassidy's done fairly well.
>>
>>71071397
It's not that the acting is bad. It just feels like most of the scenes are rehearsals.

Because every aspect of this show is done by an amateur.
>>
>>71076629
Fuck off Redwood, no one asked for your shitty opinions
>>
>>71076584
Yeah, i marathoned them a week ago and holy shit.
>>
>>71075856
I'm not don't worry.
>>
I just wish Jesse was the handsome bloke he should be instead of a bugeyed frog
>>
>>71076824
Dumb lil cracker don't like gettin styled on bout dat Holmesian trivia. It's cool son, your sister gonna be mad impressed you know 'Lestrade'. Bet you even pronounce that shit Luhstraaaaad like one of them English dudes, get her all wet while you laying in the doublewide.
>>
W E W M I L E S
E
W
M
I
L
E
S
>>
>>71077182

Yeah, kinda pissed miles is banging my churchfu.

But the whole 'She's pooping' thing was funny.
>>
>>71071397
I like it, and I don't actually think it's supposed to be funny, maybe slightly amusing, but not what I'd consider funny
>>
>>71076680
>It's recognisable

How? fucking how if just the names are there? the whole story is changed and is imposible to recognize.
>>
>>71071397

This show is boring as fuck

It's not even patrician or pleb-repellent, it's just shit and boring
>>
>>71077504
Well I dunno man it seems like maybe you're not the mae west at recognising stories.
>>
They need to get the fuck out of the dull town
>>
I will not watch this because I fucking despise Seth rogen.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.