[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Veep
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: julia-louis-dreyfus-in-veep.jpg (2 MB, 4050x2700) Image search: [Google]
julia-louis-dreyfus-in-veep.jpg
2 MB, 4050x2700
Is the dream dead?
Is she not going to be President but rather Vice President for all eternity?
Or are they turning it around in the last episode?

Anyways Veep thread on the slim chance someone saw the new episode.
>>
Absolutely hated the new episode. It introduced so much stupid, cartooney shit that we're now forced to accept is canon. The President's Senior Strategist is in a Mexican biker gang? LOL HOW RANDOM! It felt like they were trying to make Veep Arrested Development or something.

It ruined the series for me honestly. Everything is a cartoon now. Fuck the series has gone so far downhill since Ianucci left.
>>
>>71068914
What else besides the Biker gang?
Bikergang was somewhat out of know where yes but the rest didn't really feel that strange.
Also finally someone called out how strange it is that Catherine is banging the body-double of her mother.
I thought that the episode was quite good because the used the pov of the camera which was always around the last few episodes.
>>
>>71068914
the whole season has been borderline garbage, they managed to keep the same rhythm but the actual content of the dialogue has been overly vulgar and less clever. doing a perspective shift faux-documentary as the penultimate episode is really all the proof you need that the writers room is rudderless. The next season is going to be brutal.

>>71069190
the actual end result of the documentary in the world of the show will be the qualifier to whether or not the episode was acceptable, if it amounts to nothing and gets shit on mercilessly it will be a legitimate creative decision but if it ends up generating a huge interest and affecting anything in any way it's garbage writing.
>>
>>71069385
You bring up good points which ring true.
What is your estimation on how they'll end the season?
Her back at being Veep or a different direction?
>>
>>71070274
I'm thinking they'll put her back as veep because it's the hammy obvious route and the floating of this idea early on adds another layer to ianucci's departure.

that being said they might do something big to minimize the vaudeville of putting her back as veep such as blowing up the sexual relationship with tom james somehow or having her go rogue publicly to set up a contentious next season that could possibly culminate in a sitting president primary challenge from not only within the party but within the ticket which would be interesting and in line with the "what if this could happen?" cartoony political skylarking of this season.
>>
Is this series worth getting into?
>>
>>71068914
It wasn't that bad.

Now that I think about this season, the fact Jonah is elected office is outrageous, but they write it in such a fashion you don't question it during the episode.

Who here would hatefuck Catherine just to hear her cry?
>>
>>71068795
wait wasn't she president in the new season?
>>
I hate what this show has become. Great characters like Dan, Amy and Sue barely get any screentime while joke-characters like Richard, Jonah and Catherine are getting their own subplots instead of just being recurring gags. Plus the whole Catherine/Marjorie thing is just plain wrong. Not only is the incestuous undertones way over the line for a show like this, but also it doesn't even seem plausible because the press would have been on that story like a motherfucker. There isn't a single country in the world where the president's, or any high ranking official's daughter would be openly gay like that. Why the fuck are they ignoring that fact?
>>
File: agree.png (41 KB, 222x207) Image search: [Google]
agree.png
41 KB, 222x207
>>71071689
>Who here would hatefuck Catherine just to hear her cry?
She seems like an insufferable cunt.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.