[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm gonna go see this movie even though I've never
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3
File: warcraft-movie[1].png (635 KB, 800x603) Image search: [Google]
warcraft-movie[1].png
635 KB, 800x603
I'm gonna go see this movie even though I've never played the game. Convince me it's a bad idea.
>>
its not, unless you have stock in disney.
>>
>>71050250
I was in the same boat. Don't know shit about the games, never played them, I just liked how it looked like a comfy fantasy war movie. I've never been more bored in my life or cared less about a cast of characters in my life. I urge you to leave and get your money back if you're not into it in the first 30 minutes. After the first hour every minute it drags on is like torture. I left with ten minutes left, I couldn't take it anymore.
>>
>>71050250
Don't do it, it's garbage.
>>
>>71050334
hmm ok that's fairly convincing. I'll save my money.
>>
>>71050250
Read the books first.
>>
>>71050250
Do whatever you want, limp wristed faggot.
>>
>>71050250
it's crap. orcs and dwarves look like they're from a fucking cartoon
>>
>>71050250
It's a 5.5/10, coming from someone who never played the games.
>>
>>71051983
meaningless comment
what score do you generally give movies
>>
>>71052058
What do you mean what score I "generally" give movies? I don't give every movie I watch a _/10 rating.
>>
>>71050250
It's a 4/10. Coming from somebody who played the games.
>>
>>71050861
>literally fan fiction
no thanks
>>
>>71050861
>christie golden
Dropped
>>
anyone who says anything nice about this movie.
Ignore them
don't try to care about any characters, waste of time.
just watch it and try to enjoy the spectacle of it.
>>
>>71050250
This film makes police academy 5 look oscar worthy its that shit
>>
I'm so conflicted. This will be the last movie I can see with my gift card I got for Christmas. Should I just go see it? Should I wait for something better? I don't even know what I'd use it for. It starts in an hour so I need to decide soonish.
>>
>>71050250
/tv hates everything, so the movie is actually more like a 6.5 or a 7/10, you will enjoy it!
>>
>>71052635
>le /tv/ is all one person and hates everything meme

fuck off my board idiot
>>
>>71050250
You will be left being completely confused.

So much is not explained in this movie that only fans or those who have spent hours reading the wikis will understand
>>
>>71050334
LOL what was so much more important to do than finishing the fucking thing, fapping on /aco/?
>>
>>71052374
You can't save it and see Independence Day?
>>
>>71052757
>So much is not explained in this movie that only fans or those who have spent hours reading the wikis will understand

But aren't that most of the people going to see this film?
>>
>>71050861
Is there a Medivh novel?

All about with what happened to his mother should have been in the movie.

WHAT THE FUCK DUNCAN!? YOU DONE GOOFED UP
>>
>>71052818
>see Independence Day?
I don't need to watch Bill Pullman getting killed off a third of the way in and Liam Hemsworth shitting up the screen no matter how much Jeff Goldblum I get.
>>
>>71052764
Nothing was more important. It was painful to sit there and watch that atrocious dialogue and shit-tier story for another second. I knew I wasn't going to magically start liking it in the last ten minutes so I left.
>>
>>71052854
>Is there a Medivh novel?

No but there is an offical movie novelization that reveals alot of info about Medivh.
>>
>>71050250
It's not a bad idea since you certainly get your money's worth from that movie. It's not any worse than all the recent pointless blockbusters like TFA or capeshit.
>>
>>71052845
Yes. Thats why it did well in China. Because dozens there play the game (when you live in a country that bans youtube, any social media site; Warcraft is perhaps one of the only things to keep you entertained).

All critics are rating it shit because they dont know the backstory and you NEED TO to enjoy this movie or you are watching wooden performances thinking "Why is this happening, what is this location, why is there a massive cut here" etc.

Its not a good polished movie at all.

I hope Duncan makes an extended cut but all signs point to no.
>>
>>71052956
Source?
>>
OFFICAL HORDE TIER

GOD TIER:

Blackrock Clan
Warsong Clan

LITERALLY WHO TIER

Laughing Skull Clan

KEK TIER:

Frostwolf Clan
>>
>>71050250

blizzard has been shit for nearly 10 years
>>
>>71053021
>Source?
http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Warcraft:_The_Official_Movie_Novelization
>>
>>71052965
You are kidding? As much as I hate how TFA felt way too short, that movie's pacing is way better than Warcraft
>>
>>71053048
>Paystone makes them money out of thin air
>Overwatch was a success
>WoW despite it's decline in quality and subs is still the most successful MMORPG
Yeah so shit
>>
I never played the games, just knew the very basics. Like more than some random dad or mom taking his or her kids to see the movie but that's about it.

It was easy to follow, the conflict is really simple and they hammer it down so that even the biggest retards in the audience can understand it. The movie isn't worth seeing though, it's a mess on almost all levels. The film doesn't really have a structure, the tone is odd. Some of the mo-cap work is genuinely amazing but then some effects, especially backgrounds and stuff when you have human characters interacting with orcs, look like PS2 games.
>>
>>71053066
Cheers anon.

Medivh is such a fantastic character. I wish Duncan spent more time with him.

He had so much potential to have been a 10/10 LOTR like wizard
>>
>>71053177

like i give a fuck about whether they're making money or not

their games are just garbage, thats all
>>
>>71053066
I should just read this and then see the movie
>>
HATERS BTFO

>>71050250
>>71053690
>>71053690
>>71053690
>>71053690
>>
>>71053279
>he plays plants vs zombies 2 as his main game
>>
>>71050250
>>71050334
It's a shitty videogame movie only liked by fat nerds who wasted a decade of their lives playing some online game.
>>
>>71054144

fuck off blizzdrone
>>
>>71053022
ogre from fucking hentai
>>
>>71052965
Yes it is, videogame flicks are the only group of movies capable of delivering more pointless, worse trash than capeshit or whatever Disney is pumping out at the moment.

Warcraft is legitimately one of the worst movies i've seen in years, while capeshit is just mediocre and forgettable.
>>
>>71054708
le I only think what the movie critics tell me to think meme
>>
>>71054747
>I unironically like videogame flicks

Go be a fat virgin somewhere else, nerd.
>>
>>71050250
I played warcraft 3 back in the day, and a bit of wow on private servers. Never knew much about the lore.

Fuck you I liked it.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.