[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why didn't he run in zig zag?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 7
File: great hair.jpg (709 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
great hair.jpg
709 KB, 1920x1080
>>
>>71040995
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szcviFDt9xM#t=80
>>
at the distance he was at he would've had ample time to dodge arrows if he was running backwards and watching the trajectory. Arrows travel in an arch after
>>
>>71040995
To be fair this stark didn't do jack shit the entire fucking show. I would have actually have been surprised if he had the IQ to even zig zag or roll a bit around to dodge those arrows.
>>
>>71041260
I always wante for him to groww up as a bad ass and claim the north by his own. But davib fuck that up for me
>>
>>71041135
he was a duck fucking shit who should have sprinted immediately and serpentined
>>
you are all retarded, even with a modern composite bow hitting that little shit in 3 shots is incredibly difficult
>>
>>71040995
because PLOT
>>
>>71042845
wasnt it four shots
>>
>>71042845
I think that Ramsay missed the first ones just to screw with both of them. Specially the second one, it looks as if he didn't even try. He killed him just in time.
>>
He spent the last six years (about half his life) being dragged around the woods by a goblin. You really think he'd have learned proper arrow dodging technique?

Plus it was against the rules.
>>
>>71042845
ain't no shit with a modern bow if he's running in a straight line from you
>>
Fuck him, more important is how the fuck bodies got pilled like that?
>>
because he's fred flintstone
>>
File: Lord Bolton I'm Vale.webm (230 KB, 498x716) Image search: [Google]
Lord Bolton I'm Vale.webm
230 KB, 498x716
But why would Ramsey release a boy before shooting him with an arrow
>>
>>71045594
That look on his face tho
>>
>>71045594
AT LEAST YOU CAN TALK
>>
There was a powerful magnet in his heart. Ramsay knew that any shot that came close would get pulled straight there. No need to worry.
>>
Why this episode sucked besides the cool battle effects cuz fuck logic amirite

>Dany riding Drogon together with the two other dragons taking 2 long mins to burn just a ship lol
>Burning 1 ship out of 100s and the battle is over
>Slavers obviously knew all about the dragons part before but why bother preparing for them?
>Literally a handful of Sons of the Harpy getting charged by 10 000 dothraki just /facepalm
>Yara making a pact with Dany cuz feminism
>Sansa mad cuz not knowing anything about military tactics yet blaming sexism cuz muh feelings
>No Ghost
>Rickon running a straight line and not zig zag like some smartass
>Jon acting like a smartass too, falling for the trap and charging cuz muh feelings
>Jon having a magical anti-arrow shield
>Wildling army & co having zero fucking brains and allowing the spearmen to flank & circle them
>The vale arriving very last second when almost all are dead already military strategy 101
>Seeing Jon climbing out of the deathpit alone while Wun Wun & army still fighting spearmen back in the middle of the deathpit
>Next scene Tormund and Wun Wun magically appearing next to Jon cuz teleport is cool
>Ramsay shooting Wun Wun instead of Jon cuz killing a half-dead giant is more important

and on and on and on...

Just stop rushing shit and remove stupid scenes like the thousands Dothraki charging into a dozen Sons of the Harpy I mean jeez.... Quality is better than quantity scenes and stop this teleportation shit!
>>
At least they didn't say "fire" like in LotR
>>
File: MLGxXnoscopeXx.webm (3 MB, 700x400) Image search: [Google]
MLGxXnoscopeXx.webm
3 MB, 700x400
>>
>>71045843
>Jon having a magical anti-arrow shield

So just a shield?
>>
>>71040995
Useless to the very end. Literally the worst Stark, and that's a pretty low bar as it is.
>>
god your dads did not beat you fags enough
>>
>>71040995
Why didn't he hid behind the burnign cross?
>>
>>71045852
oh god can't unhear
>>
MORE LIKE RICKOFF
>>
>>71045843
>Wildling army & co having zero fucking brains and allowing the spearmen to flank & circle them

Did you miss the part where Tormund had no idea about basic strategy?
>>
>>71042669
did you have a stroke while writing this or are you just a fucking retard?
>>
File: the_north_a_clash_of_kings.jpg (433 KB, 1166x593) Image search: [Google]
the_north_a_clash_of_kings.jpg
433 KB, 1166x593
why didn't he just do this ?
>>
>>71045999
Tormund and the wildlings were not the only ones fighting in the army, you had everyone else too that didn't give a fuck and just watched them flank and circle them.
>>
>>71045843

Wow so unique! so smart, so edgy, so brash, so bold, so contrarian, so intellectually superior, a true patrician, a free spirit, a free thinker, an unique snowflake, clearly you can see what the rest of the population can't because you're so gifted, you have a talent unlike no other, no one but you could deliver these unique pieces of criticism that shows why thing that people enjoy is actually shit.

Can I follow your blog? You clearly are a renown critic famous for his incredible critical thinking skills and unique thought provoking arguments, I would JUST die if I couldn't follow your blog and have these incredibly amazing deep criticisms of popular media by (you), please have mercy on this poor pleb's soul and give me your blog so I can follow you, I'm just DYING to see what you criticize next, I'm sure it will be an incredible eye opening experience just like this one.

My you must be so popular, you must have thousands of followers ready to die for you if need be, eagerly awaiting your next thought provoking piece barely able to contain their orgasms as you hit enter and deliver that next blogpost, only to get an outstanding ovation, dozens of new followers, and the cycle repeats as your loyal fans wait for your next masterpiece of critique.
>>
>>71045843

He thinks "muh feelings" is a valid criticism. Please just stop watching.
>>
>>71041135
Under that lighting he would've barely been able to see a single arrow until it was right on top of him, he was fucked no matter what.
>>
>>71046158

Here comes Professor Arrow
>>
>>71040995
How the fuck does Ramsay have such good aim anyway?
>>
>>71040995
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKVgF2hA0Q8

These beaners had some sense at least.
>>
>>71046212

evil robin hood
>>
Why didn't Santa prevent part of the slaughter by informing Jon of the Vale's future appearance ?
Coming too early could've been bad but they clearly came late.
>>
>>71040995
Because then he wouldn't have died dramatically just before his brother could reach him.
>>
>>71045843
>No Ghost

Because he would've been slaughtered in the first clash, if not from the initial volleys?

How is that "quantity over quality"?
>>
>>71046212
It's his superpower, incredibly good aim

Nathan is immortal and Curtis can time travel and I forgot what the chav can do.
>>
>>71046079
You do sound rather butthurt.

Anon raised mostly valid points
>>
>>71045488
His brothers practiced archery. Maybe he was instructed as well. He should have an idea that arrows have a trajectory from observation.
>>
>>71040995
>stopped watching after season 1
>read the books
>randomly caught tonight's episode
This show is just flat out fan fiction now, right?
>>
>>71045843
>cool battle effects
kek
>>
>>71045843

>spears a half inch too long

Go watch a documentary
>>
>>71046396
It's not like books are any good you fucking tard.
Show doesn't take up as much time and is also shit, why would you read that trash?
>>
>>71040995
Running straight was his best chance to be a king. If he ran in a zig-zag, everybody will know him as a fool, so he wouldn't be able to be king. He did it for honor.
>>
>>71046015

>Tommen's Square

How come Robb didn't attack this first?
>>
>>71046433
I was sick and had nothing else to do.
>>
>>71046396
Yep, pretty much.

You got Jon taking over Stannis storyline. Davos and Melly are magically loyal to Jon now.

Tyrion and Dany are bffs now..
Dany can now magically control her dragons..
>>
>>71046430
The spears were okay

The shields were stupidly tall
>>
>>71046495
Don't forget Mance and Shireen are dead in the show.
>>
>>71046575
Oh yea

And Dorne..
>>
>>71045843
If Ramsay had shot Jon right then that would have gotten him killed a second later. By trying to fight Jon "one on one" he had a small chance of survival.
>>
>>71040995
I was watching the episode and when this scene unfolded I knew there would be a fuckin post about this.

I have no clue desu but I think an arrow fired by a skilled bowman is hard to react to anyways. Also Rickon was an incompetent little faggot anyways.
>>
>>
>>71046158
It's basic logic you retard, he didn't even need to see the arrow. Just the moment it left the bow it was, presumably leading the target and aimed ahead of where he was running.

Sure theres a chance it skews to the left, he runs to the left and still gets hit, but way less so than running in a straight line.
>>
>>71045920

I think he was referring to the 3-4 fuckhuge volleys that all magically missed him.
>>
>>71046480
*Torrhen
>>
>>71046433
>Show doesn't take up as much time

Hmm, I don't know about that. 10 episodes in a season, an hour an episode. Each season is roughly one of the books.

10 hours each would be reading the books pretty fast, but you could get through them.
>>
>>71046644

Why would sansa honor him if he won 1v1? Why would Tormund? Why would anyone?

Nigga was fucked either way, least he could have done was take Jon with him.
>>
>>71046682

He's not a real magician
>>
>>71046776
>10 hours each would be reading the books pretty fast
>>
>>71045561
> cavalry charge in which the first guys in the charge instantly get taken out
>wall gets used as cover, horses begin falling on shot by arrows whilst stuck on the wall
> starks hide behind wall and climb over whilst being shot by arrows and slaughtered by umbers
> that phalanx forcing the wildlings to run up the wall while more boltons hide behind and kill them
>>
Add Rickon to the list of characters who are now confirmed for doing nothing important in the books
>>
>>71046805
If he had won 1 vs 1 Tormund maybe, might have actually respected that and not had Ramsay killed. It would also have looked bad politically for Sansa to execute him afterwards if he won the duel. She would have probably done it anyway, but it was still a chance to live a little longer and maybe find an attempt to escape.
>>
>>71046776
Thats moderate reading speed.

Roughly a hundred pages an hour is not that quick
>>
If he ran in zig zag he would have probably broken the "rules" of the game, and Ramsay would have just ordered his archers to barrage him.
>>
>>71046905
It would be. At average reading speed of 300 wpm it would take 12 hours and 14 minutes to read Game of Thrones. And that would be reading straight through with no breaks at all.

To read it in 10 hours you'd need to be reading almost 500 words per minute.
>>
>>71046940
>It would also have looked bad politically for Sansa to execute him afterwards if he won the duel.

How so? He already said no to the duel because 'lol i have the upper hand' how would anyone think hes honorable or that she would be shamed now that hes backed into a corner yelling 'I WANT AN HONORABLE DUEL!' after being a completely dishonorable cunt.

Shitty ass excuse for plot armor and nonsensical 'gasp' moment.
>>
>>71047101
When Jon told his men to back down he accepted the duel and that's all that matters.
>>
>>71041135
>dodge arrows
Oh look a retard that doesnt realize you cant see the arrows being shot at you, do you have any idea how fast those arrows are moving?
>>
>>71047120

Which was after he shot WunWun in the face. Face it, nigga was dead either way, it was a stupid move from stupid directors and only stupid people will defend it.
>>
>>71042669
I thought he would. I thought he would return a badass after living with cannibals during his upbringing.
>>
>>71046265
How can Santa warn them if he can only travel in the middle of winter? It'd already be too late
>>
>>71046812
Underrated post
>>
>>71046303
I don't know man. Greywind seemed to get shit done in battle
>>71046924
He never was. he's like 6 years old but Davos is going to go get him now at the behest of Fat Manderly
>>
>>71046606
And how Wun Weg Wun Dar Wun dies.
>>
>>71047319
..he was propably a smarter tactician than Jon *sob*
>>
>>71045900
SHOT THROUGH THE HEART AND YOUR RUN'S TO BLAME

YOU GIVE STARKS A BAD NAME
>>
>>71046079
That's a lot a fucking salt. Take it easy lad
>>
File: 1465243578296.png (2 MB, 825x859) Image search: [Google]
1465243578296.png
2 MB, 825x859
>>71045594
>tfw no CIA quips at the defeated Ramsay Bolton
>>
>>71047470
>>
>>71041062
Based anon.
>>
>>71047101
edgy
>>
>>71040995
rip in piss
>>
File: 1459472886661.jpg (283 KB, 1438x1080) Image search: [Google]
1459472886661.jpg
283 KB, 1438x1080
>>71040995
>every stark is a mouth breathing retard in the show
>>
>>71049250

Least D&D are sticking to the books in that respect.
Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.