[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is going to the movies such a shitty experience nowadays.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
File: Jaws_Wired_Shut_23.jpg (87 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
Jaws_Wired_Shut_23.jpg
87 KB, 512x384
Why is going to the movies such a shitty experience nowadays. The tickets are $10 a pop, a small bag of popcorn which is 3 handfuls is $5.50. The theater actually plays commercials before the movies, then they play the sneak previews for 20+ minutes. What makes it worse is the trailers are boring as shit, and 75% of the time I can't even tell what that movie is suppose to be about. By the time the movie you came to see starts playing, at least a half hour has passed since its scheduled showtime.

This doesn't even take into account the general public.
>>
>>71037522
>small bag
The fuck you doing, nigga?

I'll be honest with you though I know where you're coming from. Truth is theaters gotta make bank and concessions is the most effective way to do that.

As for previews and ads, those are kinda just formalities at this point. Makes it a lot easier when you're running late, you don't miss anything.
>>
File: 34576.jpg (75 KB, 720x589) Image search: [Google]
34576.jpg
75 KB, 720x589
>he doesn't sneak shit into the theater
>>
Too bad you don't live in Japan, where the food is reasonably priced and you can freely bring in your own outside snacks and beverages, including beer/alcohol. And everything is spotlessly neat.
>>
I literally just got back from one of those cinema bistros with the comfy reclining seats. $25 for movie tickets $45 for the meal and $9 for popcorn. I spent nearly $80 today to see central intelligence and I'm God damn ashamed I did.
>>
>$10
you must live in a flyover state
>>
>>71038387
CT, one of the most expensive states in the US
>>
>not training your falcon to make air drops of popcorn from the falcon nests

Ignorant plebe.
>>
>>71037522
>The theater actually plays commercials before the movies

Well I mean it's that or those shitty trivia cards
>>
>>71038100

The rent here is hell though.

Feudal castles are hilariously cheap by comparison though if you happen to be rich. And by that I mean actual castles.
>>
>>71039558
JAJAJAJAJAJAJA HOWEVER
>>
>>71039754
Take your jajaja and go back to mexico
>>
oh-ho-ho!
>>
I moved to a small town shithole for work. Its like $14 all things included to see a movie. Which is pretty sweet comparative to big towns. Problem is the place is the epitome of the 70s, it even says "Catch you on the flip side!" on the way out. Theatre technology has advanced heavily and you fuckers complain nonstop. At least the seats are higher the further you go back in big city theatres, I mean fuck, even the romans knew how to make a fucking amphitheatre.
>>
File: dafuq 25.jpg (55 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
dafuq 25.jpg
55 KB, 320x240
>>71037522
>He eats at the theater
>>
My local cinema is having half price tickets for some reason, cheap as fuck to get in.

Food is still too expensive so I just sneak stuff in. Also going in 10 minutes late is always recommended since they have the stupid as fuck ads for car insurance or laser surgery before ONE film trailer then the feature starts.
>>
>He doesn't spring for the VIP section with the bottle service and the couches

I mean come on dude
>>
>>71037522
Try going to the cinema I work at. I don't know why we're still open.

>Adult tickets $21.50
>Tickets for big screen $24.50
>Cheap-ass tickets $13
>Other chains $10 every day
>Small popcorn $7.60
>Small drink $6.40
>Small combo if someone demands it = $14.10 (10c extra)
>Small combo we actually give = $17.20

>Seats are small
>Mostly broken
>tiny legroom
>Previews run for 20 minutes each session
>have <5 minutes to clean each cinema
>People show up 15 minutes early to each session
>means they're turning up before the session is even finished
>practically impossible when every kid throws their popcorn around the cinema
>impossible when people leave ice cream on the seats
>impossible when people leave chicken bones all down the hallway in a spiral (not even joking, this has happened twice now)
>impossible when some autist can't leave the cinema without help from employees, taking 5 minutes due to autismo demands.

fuck the cinema is shit
>>
>>71037522
>Complaining about 10
Tickets in New York at 15+
>>
My local theatre usually has 3 or 4 ads for nearby doctor clinics. Its fucking weird, every movie they advertise this shit. I don't know if movie goers are especially sick people or if medical clinics are the only ones who want to advertise, but its been going on for years now.

Anyway the only reason to go to the movies is to see a good movie as soon as possible, or if the movie will look better on the big screen which most digital movies don't, so I only see 6 or so a year nowadays.
>>
>>71037522
>Wear cargo shorts
>Get a flat foldable water bottle. Fill it with whatever you like, and stick it in left hip pocket.
>Get 2 boxes of your favorite candies. Stick on in your right hip pocket. Stick the other in a thigh pocket.
>Get a bag of chips, fill a ziplock baggy, then stick them in you other thigh pocket.
>Confidentially strut into the theater with bloated pockets, and give no fucks.
>>
>>71041437
>>Confidentially strut into the theater with bloated pockets, and give no fucks.
absolute madman
>>
>>71037522
It's because of the Democrats.
>>
>>71037522
it was always shit m8 take off your rose tinted glasses it is a place for feeling up the gf nothing more
>>
>>71037522
>What makes it worse is the trailers are boring as shit, and 75% of the time I can't even tell what that movie is suppose to be about.

You're retarded, they basically cram the entire plot in there nowadays
>>
File: 18kwt31e4n6vdjpg[1].jpg (76 KB, 640x420) Image search: [Google]
18kwt31e4n6vdjpg[1].jpg
76 KB, 640x420
>get TV of 40" or larger
>get SmartTV, Blu-Ray player, or PC and connect it to TV
>do a little bit of reading about properly setting picture quality of a television
>download high quality releases, view physical blu-rays, or watch high quality streams
>watch alone in a darkened room while laying on a comfy sofa

Better than any cinema experience you'll have in your life.

Bonus tip
>get external speakers of any kind or use high quality headphones
>use source material with audio quality intact

Even a $50 Wal-mart surround sound system is vastly better than the audio coming from your TV. You don't even have to spend that much. A set of PC speakers plugged into the external audio jack of your TV will be a big upgrade. Thrift stores often have old stereo systems you can pair up with any other speakers you find. A good stereo+subwoofer set up will go a long, long way towards making a great at-home cinema experience.
>>
>>71041922

That is a tiny tv
>>
>>71041437
You could try getting a girlfriend, fatty.
Then she could put all your fatman chips in her purse for you.
>>
>>71042074
Keks I am having
>>
File: s-l500[1].jpg (29 KB, 500x354) Image search: [Google]
s-l500[1].jpg
29 KB, 500x354
>>71042002
It's probably a 40", I only used an example from google images.

If you have the room go for larger. Or even experiment with a cheap projector. They can be found on ebay for less than $100. The picture quality at that price range is not the best, but they can make a 60" image on blank bedroom wall. I used to do it in my (very cramped) apart bedroom.

Some of them are only $45, what have you got to lose?
>>
>>71039689
Rather have the trivia cards
At least that shit is quite the commercials are loud as fuck
>>
>>71042320
the movies are usually too loud too
>>
>>71040988
Damn
Sucks for you man
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.