[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Preacher live thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 122
Thread images: 7
File: tulipnudeswhen.jpg (162 KB, 1200x707) Image search: [Google]
tulipnudeswhen.jpg
162 KB, 1200x707
Preacher live thread!

get in here bros
>>
Here we go
>>
So, what was that? Playing "Horror cliche paint ball"? Girls strip down to underwear and the boys hunt them down. Is that a thing?
>>
Where can i watch it online?
>>
>>71023961
No one has a stream? I'm sure if I asked for a GOT, we would get a ton of people here.
>>
does preacher have an actual preacher license or did he just walk in there one day and say he wanted to be the preacher
>>
does jesse believe he's a real vampire or just think cass is crazy?
>>
>>71024082
In the comics his grandmother set him up. In the show, it's a little more gray. It seems like his dad set him up.
>>
"What were smoking?"

"Attic installation."

How many things did/does Cassidy go through for a high?
>>
MUH RIGHTEOUS FEMININE ANGER
>>
>>71024151
He thinks Cass is nuts. Just one of those flakes who go, "I was a prince in a past life" or "I am werewolf" or whatever.
>>
what did you expect, its chinka town.
>>
>>71024274
why doesn't cass show him how his skin burns in the sun? maybe he'd start taking him seriously then.
>>
>>71024365
Because even if he did show that, Jesse would probably think it was a disease of some sort.
>>
So it seems like another slow episode.
>>
>>71024365
Maybe Jesse is just in denial. He has something in him that can control people. And here's this guy saying that he is a vampire. Do you really want that aspect in your life or do you want to brush it off?
>>
how come preacher can smoke so much but constantine can't
>>
>>71024635
It's the difference between Network television and Cable.
>>
>>71024635
Constantine was on network television. Preacher is on cable.
>>
>>71024635
NBC has too many mandates. AMC doesn't give a shit.
>>
>>71024216
Considering he's an immortal, probably a fuckton.
>>
Two angels and a vampire in a hotel room having a chat....that is just weird to write out.
>>
>Getting hookers and blow (and a blowjob) in exchange for ratting on your buddy
Nice job, Cassidy.
>>
Gilgun makes the best faces.
>>
lads, why is Cassidy so based?
>>
>>71024850
Nah, he's just going to keep on killing the Angels and hope eventually they stay dead. I have a feeling this episode is going to end with Cass ripping out one of the Angels apart and Jesse stumbling on this.
>>
why were preacher and tulip the king and queen in warcraft?
>>
>>71024905
Gilgun, that's why. Go watch Misfits. (Seasons 3 to 5) He's awesome in that.
>>
... But is that a yes or a no?
>>
>>71024767
He's a 119. What do you think he has done, drug-wise? Meth, Pot, Heroin, E....probably not bath salts. I don't think even he would touch that.
>>
Did they explain in the comics why an old time coffee can?
>>
>>71025106
I wouldn't put it against him.

Might have tried flesh-eating heroin (Krokodil).
>>
>>71024934
I was mostly being facetious. But seriously, nice job.
>>
BIG TEXAS BOIGAH
>>
i like how these angels are retards like they are in supernatural
>>
Why is this funny? I am just laughing at this poor angel trying to find something to eat and I don't know why. I think I am stoned and I haven't touched anything....
>>
FEMINISTS BTFO
>>
File: 1459842535025.jpg (60 KB, 700x500) Image search: [Google]
1459842535025.jpg
60 KB, 700x500
WHORES ON THE HOUSE!

oh great, yet another thing i'll never experience
>>
And this is how Cassidy meets Tulip. Better than how they met in the comic.
>>
DAMN IT, TULIP! You see what happens when you continuously channel Julia Studebaker? Good people get hurt in the crossfire!

>>71025292
Schadenfreude. And because the idea of an ethereal higher being going through hunger pains like the rest of us is funny.
>>
Dropped after the 2nd ep, show is absolute trash.
>>
>>71025568
And you came here to tell us plebs this. Oh, we are so blessed. So utterly blessed.
>>
Wait are you telling me that Preacher competes in timeslot with GOT?

If thats the case then fuck me in the eyesocket.
>>
>>71025663
Don't feel that bad. They repeat each episode three times the airing night. So, it first airs at 9EST and then again at 11 and then again at 1. If you miss the first airing you have two more to catch.
>>
File: 1465496484531.jpg (177 KB, 1533x961) Image search: [Google]
1465496484531.jpg
177 KB, 1533x961
>>71025543
so how did they meet in the comic?
>>
Wait, no one thought about grabbing Cass' pants and putting them on as they rush him to the hospital?
>>
this show is boring
>>
>>71025772
Tulip is running from some guys and she just stumbles on Cass and his truck. She demands that he give her a ride, he does and that's how they meet. Just a chance meeting. Also, that's how the comic introduces Cass. It was a weak plot point honestly.
>>
>>71025803
A vampire falling out of whore a house window and being rushed to hospital where he drinks up the blood bank is boring? Okay....
>>
>>71025208
That's not something that exists in the comic.
>>
>>71025663
>Watching a GOT premiere
>Watching GOT at all
You only have yourself to blame.
>>
>>71026003
No, i dont watch GOT. Im saying it because i know everyone does and as such i was guessing Preacher will have an audience of zero.
>>
>>71025866
thanks, yeah i agree. show version is so much better. the cass airplane & crater cow buffet then tulip ugular stabbing was inspired compared to that
>>
Wait, what happened with Tulip and Cass? Did Cass just sneak off with Tulip? Where could Cass go? He can't sneak back to the whore house.
>>
He just went full Pat Robertson.
>>
>>71026179
The comic creator, Ennis, thought so too. He said he had wished he had thought of that. That's a hell of an introduction, honestly.
>>
>>71026206
Not yet. He isn't asking them to hand over their life savings.
>>
I was half expecting the Word not to work on Rorschach.
>>
thats a pretty sleazy thing to do. force the local rich guy to do what you tell him. that's something a politician would do
>>
>>71026362
sometimes you feel like a nut. sometimes you don't.
>>
The last two episodes have sucked.
>>
>>71026362
Better than making the congregation explode...
>>
>>71026415
They didn't suck but they weren't as fast paced as the first two. They've been dragging their feet. They need to get Jesse to fuck up big time. Make everyone in church die. Reveal Cass is a vampire to Tulip. And have Tulip, Cass, Jesse hit the road with the Angels the Saint Killer on their tail. Take this show on the literal road.
>>
Expecting Quincannon to go crazy because of this. Maybe he will wind up burning down the congregation before the end of the season.
>>
>>71026362
I'm feeling a fedora vibe off of this.
>>
>>71026661
Well, they've already accomplished Tulip finding out about Cassidy. Now we just need a good reason for them to leave town.

>>71026673
Agreed. They already set up a precedence for Jessie not thinking his commands through, telling someone something so vague is bound to end in tragedy.
>>
>>71027080
He's likely going to think he's doing gods works. What do you do with a town of sinners that disobeyed God? Destroy them. It was Odins plan in the comics. This may set it into motion.
>>
>>71026661
That is what I have been waiting for, but it just drags on.
>>
File: 1459734363870.jpg (34 KB, 399x353) Image search: [Google]
1459734363870.jpg
34 KB, 399x353
>>71026661
take it easy spaz. maybe they want the story line to last for a few seasons
>>
File: free-cigarettes.jpg (119 KB, 1024x583) Image search: [Google]
free-cigarettes.jpg
119 KB, 1024x583
What the fuck... The first 5 minutes were exactly the same as last week with cass following preacher around the church shirtless in his robe explaining the angels to be clones or androids.. Then after that it went on as a new episode.

DID ANYONE ELSE NOTICE THIS OR AM I FUCKING GOING CRAZY???
>>
anyone watching the replay now? autis angels are soon becoming my favorite characters <3
>>
>there are only 15 people on /tv/ still watching Preacher
Cancelled when?
>>
I feel so bad for the angels, they're gonna fall so hard.
>I'm hungry
>>
>>71025292
He's gonna end up doing coke and fucking whores.
>>
>>71031380
hopefully soon, its absolute shit
>>
>>71031189

^ can someone answer this?
>>
File: SaintofKillers.jpg (104 KB, 620x300) Image search: [Google]
SaintofKillers.jpg
104 KB, 620x300
>YFW the most interesting character in the entire book series has had one line comprised of two words in one episode.
>>
>>71031778
It's the little thing they use to catch you up on the last episode.
>>
>>71031449
The bald one seems to have some experience. The other guy is a rookie
>>
>>71031380
Is this the weakest showing for a live thread ever?
>>
>>71032262

No. This was after that.

The fuck... Does no one else know what im talking about?

I feel like im taking crazy pills here!
>>
>>71032517
I know what you're talking about but it wasn't the exact same clip
>>71032413
Nah, Walking Dead threads are shit now because The Walking Dead is shit
>>
>>71032559

Really? Cause it felt exactly the same.. They must be having real trouble writing the script.

Btw i just finished the episode and that was the most boring and substance lacking episode yet.

Are they trying to make this show fail?
>>
i was watching nba finals and went out for food so ill catch rerun tomorrow, hoprfuly this episode doesnt lag like last weeks
>>
I didn't have a chance to watch it tonight. Did based Rorschach make it or break it?
>>
>>71033335
You're in for a disappointment.
>>
>>71033489
aww man, im no sperglord i enjoy mystery and build up but last weeks episode seemed discombobulated and hoping they turn it around
>>
>>71032517
You're losing it!

>>71033409
He made the show. Jesse used his power on him.
>>
>>71033565

Brah this episode was the worst yet
>>
>>71031778
they did that in the first five minutes and said "previously on preacher" for some reason that scene ran at the end of that, but you're right that was all new
>>
>reading some angsty teen fantasy about killing god
>enjoying it
It's like enjoying Nazi fanfiction where they won. Time to grow up.
>>
>>71031189
it did feel very deja vu for me too
i had to fight to keep my eyes open this whole episode
>>
>>71023950
idk but its time to fap
>>
Im thinking the trio will run out of town at the end of season.

They cant do the whole series in the same place, can they?

>>71033851
retard
>>
>>71023839
Was the new ep any good?
>>
>>71034298
The entire comic is basically a road trip
>>71035203
Had a few lulzy moments but for the most part dull
>>
Alright, I think I'm going to delete this shit off of my DVR.
This show is ass.
>>
>>71035551
The problem is the lack of structure. Like every episode just feels like a bunch of random scenes with no clear sign of where the show is going.
>>
>>71035621
And I need to put subtitles on the fucking thing. Everyone is mumbling and shit.
>>
>>71035621
If you read the comics you know where it's going but yeah I know what you mean. They're trying to jam pack so many story lines into a Tarantino-esque format it becomes discombobulating.
>>
>>71035203

Try reading the thread idiot, i know its hard. But i have faith in you.
>>
>>71035318
>lulzy

Kill yourself
>>
File: saintitaint.jpg (106 KB, 620x300) Image search: [Google]
saintitaint.jpg
106 KB, 620x300
>>71035203
>>
>>71033409
He's entertaining, but it still feels like Cassidy and Tulip are running the show.
>>
>>71035621

This is the big issue.
Anyone unfamiliar with the comic has absolutely no fucking idea whats going on. Nothing makes sense or feels connected.

I'm enjoying the hell out of the show, but I totally see why its losing viewers.
>>
>>71036686
If the shitfest that is TWD can be plodded and stretched out through three mostly shit seasons just to get the Negan and the Saviors then Preacher can be cut a little slack until it gets to Saint of Killers and Herr Starr
>>
>>71036669
>Tulip

This affirmative action cunt is literally ruining the show.

Tulip is literally a white blonde in the comics...ever single other character they try to make look like the comics except for her.

They had to meet their diversity quota i assume. It just makes no fucking sense.
>>
>>71036875
Yeah I can't imagine a lot of black people see her and think "Well that show has a token black-irish chick, I think I'll watch it"
>>
>>71036588
I hope things get better once this glorious motherfucker arrives.

I bet he will appear just by the end of the season and gun someone down, Jesse will escape, cue ACTUAL PLOT HAPPENING.

But its funny how they already hinted at Herr Starr, Cassidy serial killer friend, the vampire goths maybe, the Grail Order, Angels, Saint Of Killers, God, Jodie, etc. They are trying to show the comic fans everything will be there but at the end it gets kinda confusing since the plot could advance faster.

Through maybe they are waiting for us to get used to the characters before killing everyone in town.

Also, besides that, im actually enjoying the show. Cassidy and Tulip are amazing, and Jesse is growing on me.
>>
>>71036875
Yeah how dare they not make her blonde and white. What a major travesty.
>>
>>71037302
Yes, it's very rushed and stretched thin and they made some serious changes to Odin's storyline already.
>>71037515
Cuck or shill
>>
Can´t remember the hype for a show dying so quickly.

Preacher is an unfocused shitfest.
I can´t see this getting a second season.
>>
>>71037899
If Fear the Shitting Shit got a second season and Preacher doesn't I'm going to take a hammer to someone at AMC
>>
>>71038298
FTWD got near 4 mill audience
preacher is falling from 1,7 mill
>>
>>71038561
Swede dies in the first episode of Hell on Wheels this season, Better Call Saul is quickly becoming retarded and Preacher isn't going to get renewed

Fuck I hate AMC
>>
>>71038801
I can't completely hate them since they let Halt and Catch Fire get a third season despite its abysmal ratings.
>>
New episode is good, but really slow, feels like nothing has happened.
>>
>>71038979
>Halt and Catch Fire
they got like 1.3 mill of viewers and the budget is really low. Preacher is 1.7 mill and looks more expensive
>>
>>71039593
Honestly, if AMC is gonna cancel anything I'd figure it be Feed the Beast. That show looked bland as fuck.
>>
>>71023839
If this show didn't have Joseph Gilgun, I wouldn't even bother watching this show.
>>
When this show is going to get good? I like the premise but holy shit, it's basically "nothing really happens till the end of the episode"-core.
>>
>>71039092
This, except it was not good.

Cancel this shit
Thread replies: 122
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.