[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why was legolas such an insufferable cunt
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: why.png (2 MB, 1586x836) Image search: [Google]
why.png
2 MB, 1586x836
why was legolas such an insufferable cunt
>>
>>70997765
The real question should be why was legolas in the hobbit movies
>>
Was he CGI in this scene? He looked fucking weird
>>
I was confused for a long time because of his eyes
>>
>>70997780
damn can a nigga get a hook up on a job.?! shit dude needed some of that hobbit money. All his shits have bombed.
>>
>>70997780
He should have been in the Mirkwood scenes, that's fine, his father is the King
>>
>>70997780
The real question should be why is Kate in a hobbit movie?
>>
>>70997866
she was there for boner material
>>
>>70997765
He was just fucking a white male!!!!!!!
>>
He didn't want to see elven women get DWARFED
>>
>>70998609
I chuckled. narry almost guffawed.
>>
>>70997786
the whole movie is shot in front of a green screen with a horrible bloom effect to diffuse the edges
>>
File: 1466092691309.jpg (8 KB, 323x241) Image search: [Google]
1466092691309.jpg
8 KB, 323x241
>>71000094
>a horrible bloom effect
>>
>>70997866
To be fair if you read the Hobbit there are literally no women in it. Like, at all.
Bilbo's Mum and I think Shelob (might be Ungoliant but neither of the spiders really count) get mentioned by name but there are no women with speaking roles.

That flies in a pre-war childrens story but in a 21st century movie adaptation for adults there really do need to be at least some women.

>inb4 manchildren screech at me for saying women should be seen.
>>
>>71001632
I would honestly have been completely fine with them changing some of the Dwarves into women instead of adding a Mary Sue OC donut steel character.
>>
>>71001632
Women should be seen, but not heard.
>>
>>71000094
Sneaky
>>
File: hairybitches.jpg (106 KB, 500x424) Image search: [Google]
hairybitches.jpg
106 KB, 500x424
>>71001697
No thanks
>>
>>71001697
She was no more of a Mary Sue than other named elves, that's just what elves are like.
And a lot of people would have been annoyed if the Dwarves had been changed, you expect the odd new character in adaptations but changing existing characters is opening a shit dam.

You know what happens when you open a shit dam? You get hit by a wall of shit water. Shit water screaming about adeaptation fidelity and not muh Dwallin.

Whether or not the love story was needed is a better complaint because that did feel tacked on.

But Tauriel as a character I didn't mind at all, even felt the idea of her wanting to jump Kili's bones was kind of funny and cute. They definitely spent too much time on it though.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.