[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I literally have no idea what I just watched. This is probably
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: Enemy_poster.jpg (32 KB, 282x400) Image search: [Google]
Enemy_poster.jpg
32 KB, 282x400
I literally have no idea what I just watched.
This is probably the most confusing film of all time. Seriously what the fuck is this shit.
>>
tldr women are spiders
>>
They were the same dude. He was married, felt trapped by the women in his life (like he's in a spider web), and began fantasizing about living a double life where he has a mistress. The wife realizes he's going crazy and goes along with his delusions. He reconciles with the wife and almost goes back to normal at the end, but then decides to cheat anyways (hence him finding his wife as a hurt spider cowering in the corner).
>>
it's about marriage and now he's trapped inside her web like a fly
>>
>>70993058
Wasn't there also some themes about surveillance/police state that the spiders and web were playing on?
>>
>>70993058
I took it as it taking place in his unconscious but i guess it can be taken on a more litteral level like that.
I also noticed that at the start one of his photos was ripped that halfway through wasn',t which implys its not exactly in chronological order.
>>
>>70993094

No, it was all about women. In the scene where he talks about police states to his students, you're supposed to pay attention to what he says about it being a recurring cycle, because cheating on his wife is a cycle he can't escape from. At the end he just sort of accepts it and looks amused after finding his wife cowering from him.
>>
>>70992856
It's about spiders.
>>
>>70992856
is that Holy Motors?
>>
There are hints all through the movie that they live in some sort of fascist dictatorship. Maybe he is same person, maybe not, but the setting is pretty interesting.
>>
What was the point of the way his hands were covering his fave in the very first scene? Was this to look like a spider himself, it didn't mean anything or something else I am missing?
>>
>>70994478
what hints?

also, the cheating was real
>>
Was he sighing at the end because he has to fuck the giant spider?
>>
>>70992856

Does this movie remind anyone else of The Double? Maybe I just watched them around the same time...
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.