[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the emotionally resonant superhero film. Pic related.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
What is the emotionally resonant superhero film.

Pic related.
>>
>>70989730

Spiderman 2. Next question.
>>
>>
>>70989730
Unbreakable
>>
>>70989730
Darkman. Im a fuck ugly recluse with a desire to bang francis mcdermott and unresolved rage issues.
>>
>>70989730
MoS has no emotion, the movie was made to avoid a lawsuit.
>>
>>70989933
This. You won't find a more perfect example of a superhero film that resonates with the audience.

>Peter not being able to go to class or hold down a job because he's Spider-Man and is always on the job
>Peter slowly losing his best friend and the girl he loves because he's Spider-Man and can't put her in danger
>Peter's whole life is shit simply because he chooses to be Spider-Man, which is something he never asked for

>Peter finally decides "fuck it" and stops being Spider-Man
>Despite his life getting better, he notices how helpless the city really is without him
>Peter struggles with his inner demons and has to decide between the life he wants to live and the life he has to live
>In the end he finally reveals himself to MJ and explains that, although he loves her, he can't risk her getting hurt
>Peter then swings off, having accepted who he is, knowing that this time it's his choice to be Spider-Man

Seriously, I cry literally every time I watch this movie. It shows Peter going from depressingly heartbroken, to conflicted about his role in the world, and finally triumphant and confident in who he has to be. It's quite possible the best superhero film ever made, period.
>>
>>70990132
It had plenty of emotion, it's all about Superman trying to reconcile his place in humanity.

You're just pissed because muh uplifting Chistopher Reeves.
>>
File: Superman - Jonathan.jpg (476 KB, 1527x1367) Image search: [Google]
Superman - Jonathan.jpg
476 KB, 1527x1367
>>70989730
>>70989933
>>70990119
Old guy here.

I agree with all of these, but most especially with MoS, and I think that at least for me it's because it deals so realistically with loss and a son trying to understand his father as a person.

My dad taught me how to read with his old Superman comics and I still own them. Those are among my fondest childhood memories. I continued buying them throughout my childhood and teens, but became a lot more sporadic in buying them once I hit college. I heard second-hand about some upcoming event where Superman was supposed to die, but at the time I was like, "Pshh, nobody ever really dies in comics," and just shrugged it off. Honestly, I was at the height of youthful arrogance and cynicism, so nothing about the character really resonated with me anymore, or at least that's what I told myself at the time.

About a year later, I lost my dad.

The following couple of years remain a blur to me, but one thing is still crystal clear. On my way home from classes one day, I stopped at a comics shop and just walked the isles, pretty much on autopilot. I saw the trade collection of "The Death of Superman," and I bought it.

I went back to my apartment, read it cover to cover, and then I cried for the first time since the morning of my dad's death. I mean I just totally broke. I'd been telling myself that I had to be strong for my mom and I was(I still am), but doing that had left all my own grief just bottled up inside me. It all came pouring out as I mourned my father and the hero he'd raised me to love.

That's been twenty years ago now, and I'm still finding new meaning in the lessons my father taught me, new insights into his character, and new ways to try to be like Superman.
>>
>>70990303
>>70989933
>>70989730

Best part of spiderman 2, the very end.

>epic uplifting music playing while spiderman swings through the city.
>audience is on a happy high feeling great at this perfect happy ending
>pic related is the final shot of the film, taking it all away

It leaves you feeling that something absolutely terrible may happen, then roll credits.
>>
>>70989730
Bruh, look at this dood...
>>
>>70989730
i like the movie and even i'm tired of these threads
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.