[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Marvel Cinematic Universe has not had a genuinely bad movie
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6
The Marvel Cinematic Universe has not had a genuinely bad movie yet. Even at their worst, the movies were just mediocre.

What is this dark magic?
>>
what the fuck do you mean they are only mediocre at their worst?
They are all mediocre.
>>
>>70984010

they use the same exact formula, its an assembly line. That formula works for simpletons like you.
>>
>>70984064
/thread
>>
>>70984010
kys
>>
>>70984064
this guy has Nolan's dick permanently lodged in his mouth
>>
File: 1458507828951.gif (3 MB, 426x426) Image search: [Google]
1458507828951.gif
3 MB, 426x426
>>70984010
I know this is bait but I'd like to point out that the only good MCU movie is the first Iron Man before it got milked to death.
>>
>>70984064
>>70984195
>implying Winter Soldier wasn't amazing
>>
>>70984010
>Iron Man
Pretty good
>Hulk
Stupid but enjoyable
>Iron Man 2
Genuinely one of the worst movies ever
>Thor
eh
>Captain America 1
The laziest of the bunch by far
>Avengers
Massively overrated with a mind numbing stupid motivation for the villain.
>Iron Man 3
awful but not as bad as iron man 2
>Thor the Dark World
when people talk about too many quips, they are talking about this movie.
>Winter Soldier
Solid action flick
>Guardians of the Galaxy
The only one so far thats actually funny but its still no less generic then the rest of them
>Age of Ultron
Trash. I dont even know where to start with this one.
>Ant Man
Really funny. Paul Rudd is great, Evangeline Lilly is great, Michael Douglas is great. Totally by the numbers still, but it makes up for it with some good comedy.
>Civil War
Eh. Again, solid action flick that improves on Winter Soldier. But, the ending kinda fucks it all up with it being implied that they're all friends again.
The only movie coming up that doesnt look like it will be stupid mediocre trash like everything else is Spider Man, maybe Black Panther if they dont go the cuck route.
>Agents of Shield
I tried with this one, i really did. I watched this shit for three fucking seasons and i wish every day i could get that time back.
>Agent Carter
Stupid.
>Daredevil
Great
>Jessica Jones
I will never understand the praise for this. Characters were ok at times. Some of Jessica's neighbors were cool, but none of them were utilized well.
Iron Fist might be good for the massive triggering, even though you cant whitewash an already white character. Luke Cage looks frustratingly bad though. Defenders will be shit
>>
>>70984010
>movies
Fair enough, but (1) your map includes Inhumans, which has been removed from their release schedule, and (2) Agents of SHIELD is unwatchable.
>>
>>70984234
>literally says nothing about nolan
>this means i like nolan
Can you even read?
>>
>>70984295
Just grabbed it off google images since it was like the first one I saw. Never even seen any of the tv shows
>>
>>70984319
I know what you are
>>
>>70984387

I hate all capeshit
>>
>>70984010
>The Marvel Cinematic Universe has not had a genuinely bad movie yet.

>Iron Man 3
>Ant Man
>Thor 2
>Civil War
>Avengers 2
>The Hulk

There's at LEAST a couple in there.
>>
>>70984010
>Even at their worst, the movies were just mediocre.

You meant "at their best", right?
>>
>>70984010
Age of Ultron was pure shit, and I wanted to like it,but it's even worse than BvS, and that's saying something.

Difference is Ultron was given good reviews, for some reason.

Quip, Quip, Quip, Quip (character dies) Quip Quip (Bad guy is defeated, he Quips throughout his defeat.) Quip, Quip, end.
>>
>>70984064

first post best post
>>
>>70985095
Ultron was fine, but it has the same flaw of almost every other Part 2 in the MCU so far: It's there to set up future movies first, be a good movie second.

Iron Man 2, Thor 2, Avengers 2, all had some really nice character moments, introductions of new characters, and mediocre stories.
>>
>>70984470
I agree except for Antman.
It was full of quips and plot holes, but I think it had its moments.
>>
>>70984411

>hates all capeshit
>watches them all
>is in capeshit threads as soon as they appear
>hates capeshit
>>
>>70985177
Guardians 2 is going to be a pretty big letdown.
>>
>>70984373
>Daredevil
10/10
>Jessica Jones
10/10
>Agent Carter
8/10 first season, 7/10 second season
>SHIELD
2/10, and that's with a bonus point for Agent May

Haven't gone back to DD or JJ for a re-watch yet, but wholly worth watching. Not sure how they really connect with the MCU tho if they're never actually going to meet any of the cinematic characters.

Spoiler but not really cuz the show sucks: SLJ and Cobie Smulders show up in season 1 of SHIELD, but the show is so fucking terrible i can't imagine suffering through it again.
>>
I'm a Marvel fan, but the Thor movies and Iron Man 3 are legit bad. I hope Thor: Ragnarok will be good.
>>
File: images-86.jpg (21 KB, 512x287) Image search: [Google]
images-86.jpg
21 KB, 512x287
>>70984248
it wasn't
>>
>>70984248

How do people actually think this?
>>
File: agents.png (265 KB, 452x363) Image search: [Google]
agents.png
265 KB, 452x363
>>70985254

OC
>>
Iron Man 1 and Hulk are still better than the majority of their films in my opinion as they were made before Marvel had established their formula (around Iron Man 2), and so could afford to take more risks.
>>
>>70985304

Iron Man 3 was great, a based Shane Black movie with limited fan wanking over Iron Man

Thor movies however are boring as hell
>>
>>70984248
Captain America hiding sensitive SHIELD data in a fucking vending machine is the dumbest shit in any capeshit film ever
>>
>>70984248

It wasn't. It has a few good sequences.
>>
>>70984064
you need to watch more movies:

The Cobbler, Rock the Casbar, Monsters: Dark Continent, Stonewall, Victor Frankenstein, Kingsman: The Secret Service, Ted 2, Vice, American Ultra, Home Sweet Hell, Unfinished Business, Pan, Mortdecai, Scouts Guide to the Zombie Apocalypse,

Just watch everything that's on Netflix, and there's a better list of SHITTY movies and tv shows, mediocre is ABOVE AVERAGE.
>>
>>70984288
You should check out the Vidya movies, and that's really what it's compared too. It's surprising that Marvel got it's shit together, compared to The Snyder/Vidya world.

That is the demographic/genre.
>>
File: image.jpg (227 KB, 1160x578) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
227 KB, 1160x578
>>70984064
Remember what DC stands for?
Damage Control
>>
>>70984288
Honestly i'd be ok with everything being mediocre if black panther ends up being really good
>>
>>70986819
but overall, a movie isn't about few good sequences, it's about the emotional resonance???
>>
>>70984010
Is not magic, it means that the brainwash is complete.
The MCU best movies where Iron Man, Hulk, Iron Man 3 and First Avenger. Why? Because these were made with a vision and looked better than the Made-for-TV crap that it is now.
>>
>>70984010
>iron man 2
>iron man 3
>thor
>thor 2
>avengers 2
>cap 1
>>
>>70984411
Then why are you here, nigger?
>>
>>70985468
care to elaborate on your shit taste.
>>
>>70987281
Cap and Thor weren't bad.
>>
>>70986835

Might be the dumbest post in this thread.
>>
Agens of SHIELD was amazing, I loved all 3 seasons of it. It might be my preferred part of the MCU even.
>>
File: kTC7lKUQbv60ocRxGbQHO0g9PhU.jpg (387 KB, 1280x1920) Image search: [Google]
kTC7lKUQbv60ocRxGbQHO0g9PhU.jpg
387 KB, 1280x1920
>>70984010
>The Marvel Cinematic Universe has not had a genuinely bad movie yet.
This piece of shit is, by far, one of the worst films in the entire MCU. Only "Age of Ultron" is worse and they're both garbage.
>>
>>70987281
"The First Avenger" is not only the best Captain America film but one of the best Marvel films to this date. It's one of the few films in the MCU that doesn't look like a cheap televison show.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.