[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>all of their original shows are garbage and there is nothing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 6
File: cancel-netflix-sidebar.png (10 KB, 270x295) Image search: [Google]
cancel-netflix-sidebar.png
10 KB, 270x295
>all of their original shows are garbage and there is nothing coming up worth seeing because they have terrible SJW programming directors who cater to women and nu-males
>piss poor selection of older movies and TV show
>stuff constantly being dropped and being replaced with terrible B movies and direct to video garbage
>when you put stuff in your queue that you want to see a few weeks later, some of it gets shown as "not available" by the time you want to see it
>app is buggy as fuck whenever they do a huge update
>app is increasingly bloated with banners, marquees and other ads for their original programming everywhere and probably there because nobody watches their original shit
>having to connect to the internet just to enjoy your media
>price keeps going up even though nothing ever gets better with the service
>torrenting is 100% better and free

Why haven't you done pic related with your Netflix account yet?
>>
>having to connect to the internet just to enjoy your media

This is why I buy physical discs and only play console and pre-steam vidya
>>
>buying a netflix account
>ever

Just use your gf's account
>>
>>70979776
>I buy physical discs

You're dumber than a Netflix user.
>>
Voltron wasn't bad.
>>
>paying for anything other than physical media
>>
>Physical media goofs
>>
>>70979855
>paying for media at all

You are just paying for the digital media and a useless plastic disc, retard.
>>
>>70979520
Voltron is enough reason to stay
>>
>>70979829
>>70979934
>manchildren
>>
>>70979882
haha
>>
>>70979520
Bloodline is a good show.

House of cards is still pretty good, even though it jumped the shark. I still want to see how it ends.

Also arrested development

Also good to watch rewatchable shows like house and the office
>>
>>70979813
This is reddit, this is memes.
>>
>>70979520
its £6 lmao get a job
>>
>>70981588
and now that they have animaniacs which is a great cartoon, hopefully they will add batman the animated series, which would be freakin awesome
>>
File: 1453899227594.gif (4 MB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1453899227594.gif
4 MB, 200x200
>not funding the only people making capekino
>>
>>70981588
That reminds me, how's bloodline s2?
>>
>>70981588
>Bloodline is a good show.

By good do you mean boring as fuck?
>>
>>70979520

>original programming is SJW

if thats the case then why is it that all orange is the new black does is humanize racists, homophobes, and white people by insisting that they are good people despite these traits?

i would understand your point of view if they were humanized by showing that they were misguided in some way, but characters like healey (homophobic), pensatucky (homophobic), or red (transphobic), or the new guard (a rapist) or any of the hundred of racist characters are shown to be actual human beings who deserve just as much as anyone else.

i mean fuck half the characters are intentionally stereotypes and not to be ironic or satirical the way drawn together was, but to show that the reason the stereotype exists is because people actually act like that.

sounds like you're a surface level person who assumes that whatever the main character says is the infallible opinion of the writer.
>>
>>70981843
>being this triggered

holy shit
>>
File: 1452195729062.png (727 KB, 1105x1012) Image search: [Google]
1452195729062.png
727 KB, 1105x1012
>>70981878

>thinking this is a witty response

it all makes sense now
>>
>>70981843
>all orange is the new black does is humanize racists, homophobes, and white people by insisting that they are good people despite these traits?

Those are not bad traits at all. Of course they are human, but those traits are natural.
>>
>>70981843
>racists, homophobes, and white people

You mean natural, healthy, normal people?

I was born a racist and a homophobe, and so were you, until you were brainwashed.
>>
File: Stranger-Things-poster.jpg (203 KB, 914x1354) Image search: [Google]
Stranger-Things-poster.jpg
203 KB, 914x1354
>>70979520
>there is nothing coming up worth seeing
>>
>>70981821
Slow is good, you'll learn that one day when you're too old to care about action-packed nonstop twists in shows and rather it just take it's time developing characters, atmosphere and plot.
>>
>>70981914

>those are not bad traits at all.

now lets assume that is true, and you do believe that.

You know for a fact that SJWs dont. OP is claiming that the shows are SJW run and SJW pandered

ergo, showing that these people are good people does not pander to SJWs and would imply that they were not written by an SJW

which in turn makes your response right there rather silly considering it was more or less my point.

>>70981961

my first friend was black cuz my god father was black, and you dont really get much racism in the military unless its toward whatever race were currently warring against.

i didnt become racist until i was about 16 and moved back to america.

so kinda hte inverse of ur claim but whatever.
>>
>>70981970

>thikning htat proves a point

dont get me wrong it could be good but the trailer looked like it had nothing to show. i prefer mini series, but this shit loosk like it could have fit in a movie.

>>70982006

>boring as fuck means slow

i didnt even watch bloodline, just saying. you can 'take your time' doing those thigns and still be boring.
>>
>>70979520
>>all of their original shows are garbage

nigga have you seen any of Bloodline?
>>
>>70981588
This, though I haven't looked at Bloodline.

I begrudgingly watched the 3rd season of OITNB because the 2nd one was so bad, but my sister kept insisting I finish it. It's like the showrunners realized they no longer have anything interesting to portray, so they just decided to pander to browbeating leftists for 13 hours.

I got 5 episodes into Fuller House and the only reason I made it that far was Stephanie's teddies.

Kimmy Schmidt was dogshit.

Bojack Horseman has its moments.

But I'm mainly using it to rewatch stuff as I build up my digital collection again
>tfw lost 750GB of shit due to hard drive failure
>>
>>70981843
>racists, homophobes, and white people

There is nothing wrong with those people.

The fact that the show says those things are bad is why it is SJW.

"Racism" is the ability to see distinctions based on genetic character.

"Homophobia" is the the ability to see that such people are aberrant and should be avoided, especially around children. There is nothing normal or healthy about homosexuals.
>>
>>70982056
fuck off
>>
>>70982016
>showing that these people are good people does not pander to SJWs and would imply that they were not written by an SJW

People are people no matter what they believe. They all deserve fair treatment unless they hurt others. This should be obvious to any human being and is not a revelation you need a TV show to portray for you.

The point is that SJWs treat "racism" and "homophobia" as bad things when they are healthy, normal and natural things, and that is dangerous to society because treating such ideas as "bad" disrupts the natural order.
>>
>>70981813
It was good.

I mainly like it for Ben mendlesohn. The guy is a great actor to watch
>>
>>70982075

did you even read my post? it showed that these people are not bad people because of the traits. it doesnt makme judgements on the characters for these beliefs. it does not define them by these beliefs.

the show celebrates characters who are racist, homophobic, transphobic, and often makes them heroes.

yes sometimes they are villainzed. just like the gays, the blacks, and even the trans characters are.

the show is true to real life. if you want to believe that only cis white straight men are worthy of a natural normal life, by all means believe that. but what this show tries to teach is that people of all walks of life are worthy of respect, are human, are good.

not just gays blacks and minorities like SJW shows. but people like yourself.

so why would you say that a show that says someone who posts what you just posted is in fact a 'good person' is an SJW show?

wouldnt an SJW show claim you are only a villain and nothing but a racist homophobe?
>>
>>70982171

>this hsould be obvious to any human being
>except for now homophobia and raicsm is healthy

like those dont hurt others? im sorry i know htis is veering off point but ur kinda contradicting yourself here.

unless you mean to say gays and non whites arent humans, in which case just clarify that and were good.
>>
>>70982226
I already told you that the problem is that "racism" and "homophobia" are considered bad things when they are not.

A true non-SJW show would not treat "racism" or "homophobia" as bad things.
>>
>>70982292
>unless you mean to say gays and non whites arent humans

Both are human. Non-whites are normal unless they are gay, at which point they should be avoided because they have physical and mental disorders which make them prey on children or lead a dangerous lifestyle.

I have yet to meet a homosexual, including the one I have in my family, that isn't a mentally sick person.
>>
>>70982312

so let me get this straight.

these characters are shown to be good normal people who are racists and homophobes

but jenji is still an sjw?
>>
>>70982312

so what your saying is that its an all or nothing situation? if you are not a racist or homophobe then you are an SJW?

theres literally no middle ground where someones just a normal guy who doesnt give a fuck? or where a writer believes that you can be a good person while being racist or homophobic, or while being gay or a black stereotype?
>>
>>70982414

interesting. could you define 'mentally sick' ? or even just physical disorder?
>>
>>70979520
I don't see why Hulu never gets any shit.

>have to pay extra to get it commercial free
>shitty connection
>only plays the latest season, and even then only plays the second half of them.

I couldn't catch up on walking dead or Gotham cause it only played part two of the season for them.

Idk about its originals. I'm sure that James Franco jfk time travel show is good but not enough to redeem that network.

Also shit movie selection
>>
>>70980624
Was that supposed to be an insult? I watch cartoons and read comics come at me
>>
>>70982075

OK but no one cares about your opinion
>>
>>70982435
>>these characters are shown to be good normal people who are racists and homophobes
>
>but jenji is still an sjw?

Yes. She is Jewish after all, and SJW thinking was created by Jews as an affront to traditional non-Jewish thinking and are taught in public schools and elsewhere, which is where you got these ideas.

You can only be a non-SJW if you think that "racism" and "homophobia" is natural, normal and healthy, rather than being something to be good in spite of.
>>
>>70979520
Because I'm still in the trial and haven't finished watching Full House yet?
>>
>>70979520
Voltron was good despite my expectation it would be complete shit.
>>
>>70982587

see, by saying that you are going against what Orange is the New Black really stands for.

I'm with you. I'm gay. the majority of my romantic interests and friends are of many different ethnic backgrounds. i grew up in places like okinawa, cuba, puerto rico, and guam. my first godfather is black, the second was asian.

but what this show tries to teach (and what Trump has proven) is that people DO care about this guys ( >>70982075 ) opinion. dont get me wrong i think its (mostly) a dumb opinion. but many people dont. and he is not this opinion. he is not misguided or has some tragic backstory that made him this way.

he may not ever be '''redeemed''' and doesnt need to be in order to be a good normal or healthy person.

what orange is the new black teaches people outside of the prison is that we are all human. and many many many times, in fact most of the times, people like you, people like SJWs are just as """""bad"""" as the racists, homophobes, transphobes, etc as you treat them like they are horrible practical 'non humans' for having this one simple trait that has never stopped them from being an otherwise great person on any level.
>>
>>70982489
Homosexuals are mentally sick because they see sexuality as a means to an end, being obsessed with sex to the point of making it a fetish that defines their entire life. This kind of decayed thought leads to self-destructive behaviors like hard drugs, risky sexual acts, and even pedophilia, all serving to further a neverending pattern of obsession with sex.

Homosexuals are basically people who destroy even themselves to seek self-gratification, even if their acts affect others.
>>
>>70982649

considering what SJW actually stands for could you at least admit that you are assigning them this entirely strange and specific term out of spite as opposed to an actual clinical categorization?

you manage to very clinically almost scientifically defined what 'racism' is in an earlier post but you thikn that 'social justice warrior' applies to anyone who hasnt ever had to be involved in this sort of conversation in their lives.

you're saying that normie norman from whitehaven pensylvania whos never so much as met a black guy is already an SJW for not having even had a chance to form an opinion or to be made racist, or to discover that he is naturally racist. he probably watches the cosby show and doesnt even give a shit about any of this crap, let alone knows it exists.

but hes still an Social justice warrior?
>>
>>70982649
Jesus, /pol/ tards are so dumb. Kill yourself.
>>
>>70982727

how good was it? me and my friend marathonned the original in highschool and it was good for what bloated formulaic stock shows were at the time, but how does this new version hold up?

like have you seen the new digimon movies? is it like that was to the original anime, where it kinda took it to the next step and brought that sense of realism to it while playing on the ideas of the original?

im asking weird vague questions in case theres some major spoilers.
>>
>>70982745

interesting. now just to clarify by a 'means to an end' you are meaning that they see sex as nothing but gratification, correct?
>>
>>70982870
Not very good. /co/'s having a circlejerk over it though, mostly due to shipping
>>
>>70982903

i hate shipping so that is unfortunate. i mean its a limited run though right? i mean i imagine it has more seasons coming, but does the first season end well enough? im asking vague shit here so idk. to be hoenst when i got to the end of voltron i was disappointed that nothing had happened. i mean i know the son of the bad guy was killed or wahtever but having it end on 'WELL GET YOU ONE DAY' made us feel like we wasted the entire summer.
>>
> Paying for netflix
> not using someone elses account that didnt wipe their old roku before selling it

Being this pleb.
>>
>>70982903

ew, i just watched the trailer and i get it. it looks visually beautiful, but i kept getting this 'avatar' vibe with the comedy. seemed like nick trash. just wikipedia'd it and it loosk like some major avatar players were involved with the reboot.

this sucks. does the pricness at least still become one of the pilots?
>>
>>70982954
It really just ends as a set up for a second season. The bad guy isn't defeated, and the team gets split up while they're warping so they're all in different parts of the universe.

>>70983049
Yeah, it's basically Korra 2.0, same writing team, same directing team, same everything. I'm not a fan of the new Voltron design though, it looks too sleek. I prefer it bulkier. Third Dimension one was GOAT

>this sucks. does the pricness at least still become one of the pilots?
Not yet, I doubt she will cause they've really set her up as the one that runs the giant battleship instead
>>
>>70983108

interesting. if not for it being by the korra team i could almost handle it being a reboot. im sure they will have some grand arcs planned and maybe even a good endgame, but it was really hard for me to stomach the 'humor' of avatar.
>>
>>70979520
>>piss poor selection of older movies and TV show
But they have most of my favorite binge re-watch shows. Sunny, Futurama, Arrested Development, 30 Rock, Peep Show, etc. Endless comfy for $8 a month, which is worth it for the fact that it plays the next episode automatically, saves my place, and comes built in on my TV, which it wouldn't do if I just had it on my PC hard drive.
>>
>>70983286
I can understand why the movie choice might be seen as bad, but its TV show selection is enormous and pretty good. i find maybe one show a year i want to watch but not on there, and i have no trouble torrenting those.

their TV selections pretty good considering its literally the best option
>>
>>70982870
They do away with the monster of the week format of the original show, but it's still goofy as shit. I would give it a solid B
>>
>>70979520
>terrible SJW programming directors who cater to women and nu-males
wow its almost like thats their intended audience
>>
>>70979520
Oh look it's the butthurt poor guy again
>>
File: 1444881703606.jpg (68 KB, 664x664) Image search: [Google]
1444881703606.jpg
68 KB, 664x664
>>70979813
>gf
>>
They have every Star Trek series.
>>
>>70981843
>Netflix apologists
>>
>>70983186
Its good and its missing the one writer that made Korra shit. So far it has so romance subplot which was the biggest problem with Korra. Give it a shot
>>
>>70985115

the more i see in reviews the more curious i am but the humor makes me cringe. and in the reviews they mention the lead is like sokka who is worst character (though he admittedly had the best episodes in terms of arcship) but idk.

i guess it ssoemthing to put on while doing laundry and shit.
>>
>>70985199
Lance is like sokka but hes not the lead
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.