[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My theater just lifted its no-singles policy so I'm gonna
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (80 KB, 700x394) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80 KB, 700x394
My theater just lifted its no-singles policy so I'm gonna go see a movie by myself for the first time in while.

Should I go to Finding Dory or the Conjuring 2, which one would you guys recommend?
>>
Warcraft
>>
File: 667345.gif (299 KB, 500x373) Image search: [Google]
667345.gif
299 KB, 500x373
>no singles policy
Holy fucking shit. Why do business hate money?
>>
>>70977023
hownew.ru
>>
>>70976976
Conjuring 2 was really bad. Most run-of-the-mill horror film I've seen in a while.
>>
>>70976994
>>
>>70976976
Conjuring 2 or
>>70976994
>>
Definitely C2
>>
don't abuse the rule. They lifted it for Warcraft so that's what you should see.
>>
>>70976976
I know this is a meme, but are there theaters that actually have this rule?
>>
>>70977286

My local range does.
>>
>>70977286
Only in cuck states like Kansas, Iowa, Nebraska, Texas and Florida
>>
>>70976976
What if more than one person brings a gun?
>>
>>70977023

No singles policies help sell tickets. Families and couples are more willing to watch a movie in the theater when there isn't a disguisting friendless nerd, a perverted old man masturbating, or a potiential crazed shooter (they always come alone) next to them.
>>
>>70977286
There's a theater in my area that has a ban on children (which they define as six and under) after 6 PM on Saturdays, with the idea being that it's "date night".

That's the only instance I've ever seen of a "policy" that restricts people.
>>
>giving a cartoon starring Ellen degeneres consideration

18 and older board here bro
>>
>>70977357
>always come alone

"Hey bro wanna go to a movie with me"
>>
>>70977286
a local theater used to do a "couples night" where you could only buy duo tickets (for the price of 1) but it was only for one screen, one night a week.

still miffed me as I had no gf
>>
>>70977135
Really? I heard good things about it
>>
>>70977409

"No, you weirdo."
>>
>creepy neckbeard going to see finding dory alone
good idea brah
>>
>>70977569
"I'll buy you a ticket"
>>
I love this meme, but it really would a shit business idea. 1 guy buying a ticket and popcorn and a drink would equal 2 people
>>
>Conjuring 2 was really bad. Most run-of-the-mill horror film I've seen in a while.

Here's a (You) for the sad contrarian faggot.
>>
>>70977774
>oh look a desk moved and the lights turn off and on!

If you've seen ANY possession film ever, this film meanders for at least an hour. Also, name ONE character development or dramatic scene in the entire film. There is no drama, there are no scares besides predictable jumps, there is no atmosphere, there are no characters.

If you take a real horror film, like The Witch, you'll notice there's tons of conflict in EVERY scene, possession is actually scary (not some spooky demon voice - but the actor's actual voice), and actual characters (with wants and motives and beliefs that affect how they act and react).
>>
>>70976976
>no-singles policy
wat
>>
>>70977646

"No, you disguisting creep. Get away from me or I'll call the cops."

Seriously, no one is going to see a movie with an autist nerd even for free. Do you think they could get dates by asking random women if they would like a free meal? If they had that power, why would their mental health be so damaged that they would want to do a shooting?
>>
>>70978009
I liked The VVitch and The Conjuring 2.
>>
>>70977023
HELLOOOOOOOOO RIBBIT

:^)
>>
>>70977308
Nebraska doesn't have that policy senpai
>>
>>70977511
Normies love every generic jumpscare horror movie that comes out these days, I will never understand why.
>>
>>70977774
Funny you didn't even reply to that guy
>>
>>70977308
Why?
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.