[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Harry Potter General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 187
Thread images: 15
File: Harry-potter-films.png (2 MB, 1209x851) Image search: [Google]
Harry-potter-films.png
2 MB, 1209x851
Harry Potter General

What does /tv/ think about the Series? Good? Bad? Shit?
>>
>>70973270
>The first one was a fantasy classic.
>The second was shit.
>The third one had the best characters and setting.
>The fourth was shit.
>The fifth one had the best political intrigue.
>The sixth one had the best direction and overall plot.
>The seventh one was shit.
>>
>>70973527
There's 8 films tho.
>>
>>70973565
>Seven and a Cash Grab.
>>
JAJAJAJA EL HOWEVERO SLYTHERINBOYTBH
>>
3 > 7 > 6 > 8 > 1 > 5 > 2 > 4
>>
The last one ended so bad and everyone swept it under the rug. Somehow the older movies are now better because of it. Pretty sure if you ask anyone theyll say prisoner was the best. Lemme break it down, it goes:
Harry potter 1
Harry potter 1 remastered
Harry Potter and the oh shit this series actually got sirius
Harry Potter and the plot got going
Harry Potter and the one you can skip
Harry Potter and the final movie setup
Harry potter and the one you can skip again
Harry Potter's poorly Cgi'd face
>>
>>70973626
7>8>4>6>3>5>1>2
>>
>>70973620
ONE OF THESE IS NOT LIKE THE OTHERS
ONE OF THESE DOESN'T BELONG
>>
>>70973620
>avatar

What the fuck.
>>
>>70973527
Seven was great >>70973626
This guy knows what's up and this guy>>70973676

>>70973270
They were all fantastic except goblet

3>7.1>6>2>5>8>4
>>
File: 1463990027801.png (330 KB, 498x488) Image search: [Google]
1463990027801.png
330 KB, 498x488
>>70973730
fucking summerfags
>>
>>70973843
>Hate for Goblet

I thought it was the most faithful adaption to the book, except for 7.
>>
i like getting drunk and crying to scenes like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuROct18ljI
>>
>>70973902
No the adaptation made me want to puke. I didn't find it very faithful nor did I find it good. They made it into a gladiator match instead of wizard olympics. Imo the others even 5 and 6 had better film adaptations ajd executions
>>
File: 643543564432.jpg (99 KB, 550x310) Image search: [Google]
643543564432.jpg
99 KB, 550x310
Imagine being Emma Watson in that scene and having to be all like "damn, Rupert Grint, you fuckin' fine, all sexy with your red hair and doughy lumpy blubber face. I would totally have sex with you, both my character and the real me." when all she really wants to do is fuck another 21 year old chad in her dressing room. Like seriously imagine having to be Emma Watson and not only stand around in the rubble while Rupert flaunts his freckly visage in front of you, the bright sunlight barely concealing his bright red hair, and just sit there, take after take, hour after hour, while he perfected that speech scene. Not only having to tolerate his corpulant fucking visage but his haughty attitude as everyone on set tells him he's STILL GOT IT and DAMN, RUPERT ACTS LIKE *THAT*?? because they're not the ones who have to sit there and watch his doughy fucking butter face contort into types of grimaces you didn't even know existed before that day. You've been fucking nothing but a healthy diet of chads and BBCs and later alleged rape victims for your ENTIRE CAREER coming straight out of the boonies in England. You've never even seen anything this fucking disgusting before, and now you swear you can taste the sweat that's breaking out on his bulbous forehead as he sucks it in to writhe it suggestively at you, smugly assured that you are enjoying the opportunity to get paid to sit there and revel in his "statuesque (for that is what he calls himself)" physique, the physique he worked so hard for with personal trainers in the previous months. And then the director calls for another take, and you know you could fuck every single person in this room before the studio security could put you down, but you sit there and endure, because you're fucking Emma Watson. You're not going to tarnish your acting career over this. Just bear it. Hide your face and bear it.
>>
>>70973917
Go to bed, faggotnigger, and take that pretentious cuck with you
>>
File: Delphi.jpg (290 KB, 1083x1920) Image search: [Google]
Delphi.jpg
290 KB, 1083x1920
Who /delphi/ here?
>>
>>70973923
That shit tears me up too and the climax of 3 5 6 7. The patronus, harry fighting off the possession, dumbledores lament, dobbys death l. Fucking kill me.
>>
>>70973996
Daily in the behind the scenes the director said emma was smart and knew she didn't want to do 20 takes so she went for it and they got it done in a few takes. It was awkward for them because they were friends
>>
>>70973994
The Voldemort tombstone scene was literally like straight out of the book.
>>
>>70974045
Avatar is complete shit you mongoloid
>>
>>70974079
the leaving hogwarts theme is what hits me
>>
>>70973917
>Clifford
I always chuckle
>>
>>70973586
They would have had to cut too much doing Hallows in one movie

I know the 2-parter has become a meme, but Hallows is justified. You cannot do a satisfying adaption of that in 2 and a half hours.
>>
>>70974227
The last movie was too long and bloated. They should have split the earlier films if they wanted to tell more story.
>>
>>70974227
The workprint waa 5.5 hrs long. The producer of all the films said they wouldn't have realistically been able to even call it the deathly hallows if they didnt split it up because they wouldn't have time to touch on the hallows just the horcruxes
>>
>>70973270
HOWEVER
>>
>>70974191
>you will never go to Hogwarts
>you will never not join Hufflepuff and laugh at everyone selected for Hufflepuff
>you will never get your own magical wand
>you will never get your own broom
>you will never learn and perform magic
>you will never have butterbeer with friends
>you will never have friends

>you will never drink polyjuice potion to become Hermione and play with yourself

>You will never watch Dumbledore take points from Slytherin and give it to your House.

fuck this world.
>>
>>70974263
Nah 5 and 6 had lots of fat to be trimmed and the adaptations were great. DH1 was great it allowed the series and characters to breathe.

Plus the actors schedules were so crammed as it was doing two films from goblet on would have made them more likely to say fuck this
>>
>>70973270
Even the posters reveal the unfortunate transition from light-hearted family entertainment to edgy "dark" fanfiction.
>>
>>70974191
Yea I feel you. Actually the part that made me almost loose it was the end of hbp in the tower when harry says how beautiful it is and they all watch fawkes fly away
>>
>>70973270
Can we all agree that the remake should be a series with seven seasons?
>>
File: 1465146102766.jpg (2 MB, 1616x2864) Image search: [Google]
1465146102766.jpg
2 MB, 1616x2864
One of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but its certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>well at least the books rawkxD
Not at all.The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King
>>
File: 1460659126757.jpg (93 KB, 1280x480) Image search: [Google]
1460659126757.jpg
93 KB, 1280x480
>>70974499
It wasn't edgy it matched what was happening. The best are 3 and the latter ones
>>
>>70974558
>tv
No thanks
>>
>>70974704
Not tv, television.
>>
>>70974728
Thats what I said tv. Televsion.

Television sucks
>>
>>70974768
tv and television are not the same thing.
>>
I still think harry shouldn't have fucked ginger
>>
utter shit especially 3 and 6
>>
>>70974824
You're utter shit
>>
>>70974824
3 is the only good one and even that's utter shit
>>
>>70974787
Television is abbreviated as tv. Ill say it again television sucks no thanks.
>>
>>70974877
Kys mad max cuck
>>
>>70974068

Fanfic tier.
>>
>>70974798
what did you want him and emma to fuck instead you dirty shipper
>>
>>70974901
tv is to television as movies are to kino.
>>
>>70974933
Mad Max is on the same level as this childish pleb trash, plebeian drone
>>
>>70974976
Pleb drone pleb trash child pleb pleb pleb fuck off faggot nobody cares go watch avatar
>>
>>70974848
your right i'll kill myself
>>
>>70974970
No there's no tiers of tv. All shows are worthless I watch as little tv as possible. True dectective isn't television kino its tv shit
>>
>>70975016
Kill yourself you fucking pleb
Never step up to me again
>>
>>70974950
Maybe
>>
>>70973527
>yes yes well done anon, well done; however

2 is great.
>>
>>70975098
Go to bed gramps you can fall asleep to Sam Worthingtons soothing narration
>>
>>70975218
That's not even me lmao go watch avatar man don't ruin your immersion
>>
Why are 1 and 2 so comfy bros? They're all pretty comfy but 1 and 2 are something else
>>
>>70973270
They're all pretty bad, but the series gets progressively worse and worse.

They're bad from a story telling standpoint because they're all the same fucking movie. They all start out the same, with Harry in the real world and he goes to Hogwarts, then mysterious shit starts happening, and then after doing nothing but wasting time: Voldemort's behind it all. Every single time! Gee, who could be behind this mystery? Could it be the same guy who was behind the previous six mysteries? Then they all end with "Voldemort's back!" but when the next film starts everyone inexplicitly forgets so they can end it with "Voldemort's back!" again. It's fucking stupid. And that's ignoring when the plot doesn't make any sense at all, like the whole contrived plot behind The Goblet of Fire. All that shit so Harry could touch a warp key? Seriously? And you still fucked up?

And then there's the fact that the films get progressively "darker." But they really don't get "dark" they pretend that they are, like a kid with a fake ID putting on a deep voice to buy a Mike's Hard Lemonade. These films get "darker" in the sense that the final few films are literally in black and white and have no color at all. It's ridiculous. "You can tell these films are really '''''dark''''' because it's like they're filming in an ink well!" Yeah, it's so dark that when a character dies they turn into fucking pixie dust. So fucking brutal, man.

I was cringing at the final film with all the applause breaks they were taking. It was painfully self indulgent. And did they really have to split the final film into two films? The answer is no.
>>
>>70975368
I personally find 3-6 the comfiest, especially 3.
>>
>>70975391
I cringed reading this.

You didn't get it.
>>
I think Wizard People is near the top when ranking them with the 8 movies
>>
>>70974079
>>70974191
Yeah I always find myself crying watching these movies too, it just makes me really nostalgic and makes me miss being a kid and reading/watching the stories for the first time
>>
>>70974950
>not wanting Malfoy to be a grill and for him to fuck her instead
>>
>>70975443
>tfw you will never be a kid again.
>>
Started listening to an audiobook of the first one.

It's surprisingly pleasant, but as has been said, badly written.

Nothing I would spend time reading, but it's nice enough to listen to while on a walk or playing a video game, sort of like a replacement podcast.

>>70975368
Personally I liked them the best because they are more centered around Hogwarts and slice of life stuff. Like Harry Potter would be so much better if it was just everyday adventures in the wizard world, the whole Voldemort plot is just boring and feels sort of awkward.

When it's just Harry seeing some neat little magic thing it's really comfy.
>>
>>70975368
because you're a fucking manchild without a sense of measured judgement and critique so you come up with an arbitrary meme to cover up for your plebness
>>
Who /ravenclaw/ here?
>>
>>70975470
kill me to be honest, I remember when I spent an entire reading through the whole series, it was so fun and addicting, I would stay up till like 3 am reading and then wake up and immediately start reading again
It was always depressing to stop reading because you then realize you're not really in that world
>>
>>70975391
Nope 5 6 and 7.1 were great. 7.2 was ok. But 6 and 7.1 were very good.

The workprint was 5.5 hours long for the deathly hallows the producer said if they didn't split it up they might not have even called it the deathly hallows because they wouldnt have been able to cover the hallows. Bad taste compadre. You're entire post is shit I have to type so much voldemort succeeds in getting his body back and they aren't in black and white get a better copy and tv the cinematographycia top notch
>>
File: 1466161353400.jpg (290 KB, 1920x800) Image search: [Google]
1466161353400.jpg
290 KB, 1920x800
>>70975534
Yes yes - well done shitposter, well done!

>However
>>
>>70975464
The'd hate fuck into a real relationship
>>
Alright /tv/

What could have fixed the 4th movie.

Hardest Mode: Absolutely no changing the hedge maze from what it was in the movie.
>>
>>70975398
Me too and dh1
>>
>>70975670
Have harry summon snakes to help him
>>
>>70975675
oh my god no way

kek

1 and 2 are shit, too kiddy. 3 and onwards is more mature for comfort.
>>
>>70975391
A very good post with high cinematic understanding. There will be low iq children from America mainly Connecticut that will try and tell you otherwise, but don't worry

They know even less about film than the average Dr who fan.
>>
>>70975670
Add doby and the elves subplot, there was nothing else interesting going on in the movie
>>
>>70975708
I said dh1 which is 7. 3 6 7 are comfy af to me
>>
>>70975582
Ravenclaw and Huffpuff are the superior houses.

Learnin' and honest workin' are way better than moralfagging and edgyfagging.
>>
>>70975754
If ravenclaw was so good then why wasn't Emma Watson in it
>>
>>70975432
>You didn't understand wish fulfilment tripe.
Yeah, because the Nazi allegory crap was SOOOO subtle. Blink and you miss it.

>>70975596
>The workprint was 5.5 hours long for the deathly hallows
So? There are films out there that tell a story that spans decades. Are you telling me the story of Harry stabbing little trinkets in his school was too grand a tale to fit into a two hour movie? Because it's not.

Splitting the film into two was clearly double dipping into box office revenue and it's set a toxic precedent that splits up all "final films" in a series into two films.
>>
>>70975670
make Cedric have a little more depth of character. I felt nothing when he died, it was as though he were dead the whole movie.
>>
>>70975708
I think that is perfectly fine for 1, they are literal 12 year olds.

Its a nice little classic imo.

2 is pretty tough these days, its a very bad mix of very kiddy and "dark"
>>
>>70975670
I thought it was one of the better ones.

Azkaban>Secrets>Stone>Goblet>Price>Phoenix>Hallows 1>Hallows 2

>>70975786
That I can agree with though.
>>
>>70975628
did I hurt your feelings /v/? at least you habe that epic meme image to fall back on now though!!
>>
>>70975779
Because Hermione is a self-righteous bitch. I.E, Gryffindor.
>>
>>70975830
well
done
>>
>Voldemort: I'm Hitler! I'm going to kill all the wizards!
>Harry: Killing is wrong!
>Voldemort: I'm going to kill you, Potter!
>Harry: That's bad!
>Voldemort: I'm casting my instant-kill spell! Avada Kedavra!
>Harry: Oh no, he's trying to kill me and everyone I love! I better cast the disarming spell! After all, I don't want to hurt Hitler!
>>
>>70975817
Thing is with goblet is its probably one of the best books in the series, just a full on crazy adventure with a lot of shit going on and with lots of detail.

Because of that, the movie ended up being such a shell of the book, so it gets shitted on harder because its such a terrible case of "What could have been"

Goblet should have been 2 parts with the maze being like 45-60 minutes long itself.

Goblet just had WAY too much shit in it that was important to just make 1 movie out of. Not even 3 hours could have done it much more justice.
>>
>>70975785
Do I have to repeat myself shitlord. It wasn't just about the horcruxes but the deathly hallows and part 1 was very necessary for the story and a faithful adaltation the book is long and you can't cut lots of things.The workprint was 5.5 hours long if they didnt split it up they wouls habe to cut the halllows. Wasn't double dipping it was necessarry unlike other part 1 and 2s
>>
>>70975924
HBP is also a "what could have been", can't believe they didn't do any of the other voldemort memories, they were the best part, movie is still good though
>>
>>70975851
She was brave and willing to break the rules and be a bro
>>
>>70975974
They just didn't want to make lotr runtimes but even then they'd be missing things and more doesn't equate to a better film necessarily.
>>
>>70975924
I can see that. It does feel pretty constricted and like they are often rushing through the story. But I still have a soft spot for it.

Actually that is a bit of an annoyance with the films in general, especially after 1-2. It feels like they skip over a lot of the moments that make the characters believable since we barely see them interacting normally.
Like Harry Liking Cho just sort of happens even though we have never seen her before the romance starts. A lot of people just sort of come and go.
>>
>>70975959
>Harry had a cloak given to him from the very first film
>Voldemort has the elder wand
>Harry had the resurrection stone which was also given to him
oh yeah, this needed two hours of explanation. There's just no other way.
>>
Why don't wizards go to the moon
>>
>>70976068
Dude you're clueles it set the tone and was a perfect penultimate entry it had to do with more than just explaining the hallows. The journey is infact usually important. Very satisfying. Lots of people like it.
>>
>>70975924
Does that happen more in the later movies?

Because I'm >>70975533 and so far I'm surprised at how close the movie sticks to the book.

Like reading though the LotR books after watching the movies they are almost completely different experiences.
>>
>>70975974
At least that was mostly narrative stuff, I dont wanna say it was just fluff, it was important, but nowhere near the butchery of the Goblet tournament. Having to cut corners on I think 3(maybe its 4?) major trials and HUGE parts of the book is just not right.

First movie should have been a lot of characterization, and ending after a much better dragon trial scene, where it showed all of them.

2nd should have been mostly action with the underwater trial and Maze, and the maze actually having the fucking monsters in it like the Sphinx.
>>
File: 1465995792030.jpg (74 KB, 529x529) Image search: [Google]
1465995792030.jpg
74 KB, 529x529
>>70973270
it's shit
>>
>>70976114
Of course it does the first two are the simpliest and easiest to adapt for a director and colombus goes point by point. The others require good directors which is why goblet suffers cuaron and yates did good tho considering the task
>>
I wanna reread the books but I'm way too lazy
>>
>>70976177
Yes star wars is

>>70976220
Listen to it
>>
>>70976114
Not really.

Each movie obviously is missing stuff, but Goblet is missing MAJOR chunks.

Every trial is butchered with the Maze being just fucking depressing. 0 dobby/elf story, a pretty big and rather enjoyable side story in goblet. Not enough characterization in Goblet to do it any justice. Goblet isnt a bad movie, it has a lot of phenomenal scenes, set work, and CGI, its just a big butchery of the Trials if anything. The scene when the other schools show up is great

Rest of the movies are pretty fine, only some stuff here and there changed but pretty damn faithful.

IIRC the Brains are sadly not ever in the movies, I think it was book 5 where they had to fight the stupefying brains, was one of the scenes I looked most forward too but dont remember it actually happening.

Rons mom uses a different spell to kill in the last book than in the movie.
>>
>>70975391
Unironically this. They're dogshit and the third one is the only one that tried to be something more. Plebs will tell you the first two are good, but its a tumblr meme by mongs trying to impress people on facebook.

>1
Despite clocking in at over two solid hours, the movie fails to properly set up and develop its characters and their back-stories, there is almost no build up and, even worse still, chemistry between the actors here. - 0/5
>2
Cramming in every "plot point" you can find in the book does not engaging storytelling make, and it's a wonder there ever was a third movie. - 0/5
>3
Splendid. An entirely enjoyable pop fantasy adventure that never for a moment insults the intelligence. By very very very very far the best of the Potter movies, the only one that manages to capture the funky mad energy of J.K. Rowling's hogwash. - 2/5
>4
Easy come, easy go. - 0/5
>5,6,7,8
Didn't see them

This series is genuinely worse than Star Wars 1-6 (I haven't seen episode 7 yet)
>>
>>70976114
Yeah just confirmed, Movie 5 is missing some pretty fantastic parts from the book, but easily the most time consuming if they bothered with them.

"The Brain Room, as well as the Love Chamber, the Space Chamber, and the Time Room, were omitted from the film version. "

Its a shame because the Ministry of Magic looks really good in the movies everytime its shown.
>>
>>70976076
midichlorians
>>
>>70976252
One thing the last movie did 1000 times better than the book was the voldemort and harry fight
In the book iirc they're in the great hall and fighting with like the whole school watching and cheering, just very cheesy and awkward
The movies verison with just them is much better, much more personal, it all started with those two and it ends with those two
>>
>>70973270
The first three and number six are great.

Four and five are meh, they are barely comprehensible if you haven't read the novels.

Seven and eight fail as adaptations. They squandered $300 million and had the shittiest ending. The final battle scene was garbage. The book described an epic scene and the director just shat all over it.
>>
>>70976252
The filmed the brain scene. It was cut

I was actually contemplating writing to Yates the other day and asking him amd WB to realease the deletes brain scene for the fans.
>>
>>70976279
>I didnt watch anything after 4.

Anon please, they are good, at least worth a watch. 5 and 6, one of those 2 is very very good. All the ones after 4 are good in some way or another.

I agree with really everything you said a well.

>>70976351
Yeah some shit was better.
>>
>>70976378
They probably never did the CG though, so it wouldn't be very compelling. Otherwise, it would've been on the DVD & ABC Family.
>>
>>70976378
id love to see that, I wanted it so badly in the movie because I think Harry Potter has some pretty fantastic CGI that isnt too realistic, nor uncanny, its like they hit a sweet spot that will age really well.

Plus I really wanted to see them be stupefied.
>>
>>70976279
Ive seen this before. This is pathetic. You havent even seen half of the films yet you think you have an opinion.
>>
>>70976435
>>70976458
Who knows how long they kept it in the cut in post production it could have been worked on

But right I was so looking forward to that scene the fact that they actually filmed still gets me riled up. I just wanna see it
>>
Why was Luna so cute
>>
>>70976566
>>70976435
Ill take anything even something stupid and bare bones would be funny. LET ME SEE we all know its deleted.
>>
>>70976372
Seven was a great adaptation ill fight you. Also the halloows films had a combined budget of 250million the same as the entire budget foe half blood prince 250million

I loved half blood and azkaban as well
>>
>>70976398
>Anon please, they are good
I've seen what the taste-makers have said about them and they're considered shit. Even user review sites with level 1 patricians consider them shit
>>
>>70976750
You're pathetic. You haven't watched them yet you've posted that shit in more than one thread. They are really good
>>
>>70976738
Seven was basically just the book in movie format, without regard to pacing, etc. It feels long because the action is all over the place. It's not like the book where tension is built upon not just the action, but also the information reveals and story developments. .
>>
File: mpc-hc 2016-06-05 23-54-51-06.png (2 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
mpc-hc 2016-06-05 23-54-51-06.png
2 MB, 1920x1200
>>70976808
Patrician here. I watched them recently and they're shit. That is all.
>>
>>70976750
this has to be b8
>>
>>70976750
All I hear is a bitch who claims star was is better yet you haven't seen half the series. Which is odd considering they are better than 1 2 and 4 and completely different
>>
>>70976808
People with better taste than this board combined consider them all shit. In fact most people on this board considered them shit whilst they were releasing. Why would I trust some cheeto dust buff over them?
>>
Why don't wizards learn to use muggle guns
>>
>>70976876
You probably need to rewatch them because you can't into film they are all great save gof
>>
File: the masterminds.jpg (25 KB, 395x284) Image search: [Google]
the masterminds.jpg
25 KB, 395x284
>just kill me famm you gotta do it
>so yeah Albus I dont think this is such a fucking good idea, like aren't they going to just walk over the ministry and the school and everything if you die
>listen here you greasy shit, I know what I'm doing, Ive zombified my arm and drunk a bowl of poison and told harry nothing and it was all part of the plan
>just dew it, kill me like seeing James pound Lily in front of you killed your soul
>>
>>70977009
Wow makes you think how much he hid from harry
>>
>>70976941
You're possibly the most pretentious poster on the board. People who didn't like them didn't understand that the films were gonna be different. I didn't love them at first but they've grown a lot on rewatches. 5 6 and 7 were stellar
>>
>>70977009
Dumbledore was going to die soon anyway. He knew that Draco wouldn't be able to do it, so he made sure Snape would step in. This ensured Snape being put in charge of the school rather than a different death eater, who would have been more cruel to the students.
>>
>>70976941
>hasn't seen them
>still shitposting
Fuck off senpai
>>
>>70976876

Every patricians agrees.
>>
>>70977101
>that really fucking awful scene when you see snape making the students frogmarch
>>
>>70977160
Patricians who like avatar aren't patricians
>>
>>70977076
>You're possibly the most pretentious poster on the board
Thanks.
>People who didn't like them didn't understand that the films were gonna be different
The people that liked these movies were discussing them on /lit/.
>I didn't love them at first but they've grown a lot on rewatches
>they've grown a lot on rewatches
Very embarrassing if this is true.
>>
I bet if harry had been a girl and look more like his mom, snape would have raped
>>
File: mpc-hc 2016-06-17 02-27-26-99.png (2 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
mpc-hc 2016-06-17 02-27-26-99.png
2 MB, 1920x1200
>>70976961
Nah, everything was poorly done. Even as children movies they should have been better. Kids growing up in school, fighting evil, having adventures. It felt more like a cheap theme park ride. All the fans are little kids who are all very excited and they talk endlessly how great it is, so you decide to go there and it's not exciting at all. Even the ending feels like this. Pairing up all the people after they've spent years together and the final shot is Harry telling his little dipshit kid he doesn't care if he joins the baaad house.
>>
Kino
3 6 7

Cinema
2 5

Movie
1 8

Flick
>>
>>70977225
Look at that disgusting fucking composition. Did Yates get Snyder to ghost direct.
>>
If you don't think Hermione and Ron should have gotten together you're cancer
>>
>>70977267
you know they would end in divorce
>>
File: 138721427523.jpg (339 KB, 1000x1066) Image search: [Google]
138721427523.jpg
339 KB, 1000x1066
>>70977206

I'm talking about actual /tv/ patricians. Like the group of picture related and not those "james cameron is da bestxD marvel btfo" meme posters.
>>
>>70977225
Lol ok
>>
>>70977234
What's the difference between Kino and Cinema?
>>
>>70977208
People like them. Millions and millions who cares if they were discussing on lit you're the one who went to lit

Thats usually what good films do. There much to dissect after a first viewing that you didnt notice the first time in the theater. Either watch them and get an opinion or piss off.
>>
>>70977318
Watch the films for yourself faggot and make up your own mind instead of being a cuck
>>
>Like Harry Potter
FUCKING MANDCHILDS GET THE FUCK OUT
>>
>>70977419
Kino is a state. Cinema and film are low kino. High cinema and film are kino.
>>
>>70977307
No
>>
>>70977419

Plebs call garbage movies they like "kino" as defense.

>>70977521

I do, but when patricians tell me and even plebs that a movie is shit then you understand that it probably is just that.
>>
File: 1457218978091.jpg (50 KB, 408x439) Image search: [Google]
1457218978091.jpg
50 KB, 408x439
>>70975786
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL28nE2gxVY

>tfw this scene
too many tears were shed in my mind, even though Cedric's background wasn't properly built, you knew he had many friends, a qt gf and proud Dad.
>>
>>70977650
There's patricians and plebs who like the films as well. Ive read some in depth analysis of them as films the camerawork etc. Its up to you shitlord. The latter ones are muxh different than the former

If you're the poster I think you are you're claiming they are worse than star wars and star wars prequels. That's insane especially since you haven't even seen them.
>>
>>70977419
Kino is art
>>
>>70977873
cinema and kino are literally the same word
>>
>>70977598
they fight to often, and ron knows jack shit about muggles
>>
>>70977900
I know. I never said cinema wasn't art. It is.

But on here if you group them a movie is low cinema or film and kino wouls be a higher tier or film
>>
>>70977683
This was 100x more powerful than Cedric in the movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQISw4NDHVA

Probably my favorite scene from the movies, its so well done.

I love how Harry potter kinda handles "power levels"

Like you know Voldemort is fucking POWERFUL when he can freeze time for a bit.
>>
>>70977900
yeah but /v/ uses kino to save face for having bad taste
the whole film vs movie vs cinema thing made them real insecure
>>
>>70978059
Thank you very much Sir, you are a real scholar and a Gentleman.
>>
>>70978081
Agree there man this climax and scene was so well done. It gives me the feels from sirius' death on to that. But that possession was pretty cool and cinematically so well done. Feeelin
>>
>>70978196
I wonder how they did the Ministry set design during that.

It looks way too fucking grand to have been hand built, yet looks very real.

Wonder if its cute practical+CGI or some sort of miniature trick.
>>
>>70977683
This is me >>70978196 but although sad I didn't get the feels much there's only a little didn't care for cendric that much. During the priori incantatem tho ill admit I got feels when the ghosts are talking to harry including cedric saying take my body back
>>
>>70976111
Shut up landwhale, you don't know shit. Go spew your autistic bullshit somewhere else.
>>
>>70978319
I think they built it but they might have used cgi for spot or two. The studios they filmed on were huge. The behind the scenes probably shows how big. To me it looked like the same set was used in 7.
>>
>>70975391

3rd wasnt voldemort at all

5th was mostly the ministry of magic with voldemort and co only turning up at the end.

everything after 4 being voldemort is pretty excusable anyways considering hes the living bad guy so of course hes responsible for the bad stuff from here on out, its not like its gonna be anyone else
6th was pretty much snape and malfoy and voldemort is only in the first scene giving the orders.
>>
File: delete this.png (29 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
delete this.png
29 KB, 633x758
>>70975443

"lily...after all this time?"

"always"
>>
>>70978525
This that whole post is faggy
>>
>>70975470
>>70975443
Don't delude yourself, you never became adults you useless autists.
>>
>>70978582
Stop samefagging after getting blown out.
>>
>>70976279
>(I haven't seen episode 7 yet)
yes you have, it's called Episode IV: A New Hope.
>>
Has anyone else noticed emma sings the hogwarts school song in goblet innawoods after the second task? She sings clearly for a little bit and has a really pleasant voice :3

She's been singing since she was young apparently
>>
Did Krum fuck Hermione
>>
>>70976111
>The journey is infact usually important.
the journey is only important when characters overcome obstacles. The only thing overcome in DH1 was an angsty love triangle that came out of nowhere.
>>
>>70978629
Not samefagging your entire post was shit as he pointed out and I did. You got btfo
>>
>>70978793
Did you not read my post? I said stop samefagging already.
>>
>>70973270
Why does the first one say philosopher's stone when they call it sorcerer's through the entire film? I get the book variations but this one doesn't make much sense.
>>
>>70978750
There was no ansgty love triangle retard that was rons delusion and yours.
A one minute scene doesn't make the entire thing a love triangle they didn't do anything sure they could have but they were friends.

They are on the run from the secret police and have to break into the ministry and then get captured by the snatchers and taken to malfoy manner
>>
>>70978919
While trying to destroy a horcrux amd finding out about the hallows going to godrics hollow etc
>>
>>70978910
They did that for the usa without a doubt. But I think the french tranlsation might be sorcerer. Not certain
>>
>>70973626
This but switch 5 and 8
>>
>>70975785
Its more about corrupt british politics than nazis
>>
>>70978746
the look in her eye, you just KNOW they banged

victor krum is known to be THE most hung wizard at Durmstrang, possibly one of the biggest in the world. his cock has been described as "like a firebolt broomstick", with gargantual thickness that would rival godric griffindor and salazar slytherin. im estimating his size to be at least 8.5'' bone pressed, with OVER 7'' of girth. he would have absolutely destroyed granger's pussy.

they would have spent hours and hours on foreplay, getting herself wet enough just so she can take it. i can just imagine her begging for it, with victor barely able to force it past the knob, and granger moaning and squirming, demanding him to force it in deeper. she would have expecto patronum'd within seconds of taking the entire length, being filled and stretched right up to her cervix. the orgasm would have been powerful, with her vagina muscles clamping down on victors throbbing basilisk, her whole body quivering in euphoria..

i bet she still masturbates to the pensieve memory of it
>>
DH1 was top comfy, and this scene was pure kino

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFe0OR-Vaww
>>
File: 1460216680981.jpg (418 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1460216680981.jpg
418 KB, 600x600
if i cast alohomora on a man's ass

does it turn him gay?
>>
>>70981040
My nigger. Godrics hollow and bathilda bagshots are too
Thread replies: 187
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.