[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>LAUNCH THE MISSILE NOW! What did he mean by this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: 876544655454.jpg (81 KB, 997x414) Image search: [Google]
876544655454.jpg
81 KB, 997x414
>LAUNCH THE MISSILE NOW!
What did he mean by this?
>>
Great thread
>>
>>70971237

How the fuck did he have the authority to launch that thing anyway?
>>
>>70971450
the general had the authority delegated from way higher up, if it got too much the general would be able to call the strike and sacrifice everyone for the rest of the u.s., when masley grabbed the radio the nautilus thought it was the general
>>
>>70971450
He was pretty high rank iirc

That or the radio he was on was secure/confirmed
>>
He's actually saying "Launch the missle, Nao!". Kent Mansley was actually a Chinese spy looking to start another World War and was willing to die in a fiery explosion to ensure it happened. When he realizes the giant is still there and is capable of stopping the missle, he panics and tries to escape ("Screw our country, I wanna live!"), but is stopped by actual American soldiers.

The scene where the Giant sacrifices himself is an allegory for the Cold War. The missle is an allegory for Russia, and the Giant represents America. The two collide in space, but ultimately it's the Giant who wins, thanks to his selflessness and him being willing to help others, which represents America's role as the protector of the world. The Giant reassembling in the snow is an allegory for how we bought Antarctica from the Russians.
>>
File: 1464993689723.png (33 KB, 284x247) Image search: [Google]
1464993689723.png
33 KB, 284x247
>>70971880
>The Giant reassembling in the snow is an allegory for how we bought Antarctica from the Russians.
>>
>it's a debate about chain of command in a childrens cartoon movie thread
>>
>>70971237
It's a shame this movie did so poorly in the box office. This is a classic.

>>70971450

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdjkIG3OO8w mind your volume, some weird audio glitch at 2:22

Mansley either got life in prison or executed. Those are some pretty serious crimes he committed .
>>
>>70972018
>Mansley either got life in prison or executed. Those are some pretty serious crimes he committed .
Never thought about that. He fucked up
>>
>>70972018
I like to think the 50s government made him an MKUltra test subject.
>>
>>70972018
>It's a shame this movie did so poorly in the box office. This is a classic.

Honestly it's probably for the best that it didn't succeed. Can you imagine a sequel?
>>
>>70972018

Yeah that's some serious shit impersonating an officer, disobeying orders, there's got to be something in there about falseflagging.
>>
>>70972285
I'll be honest, I did definitely want a sequel when I saw this, but yeah probably for the best. Not even sure what the sequel would be about. There is that deleted scene that shows the Iron Giant is actually part of alien robot death squad though. Something with that might have been cool

>>70972290
Don't forget unauthorized launching of a nuke on home soil and desertion
>>
>>70971237
never in the history of cinema a character have done literally nothing wrong as Mansley
>>
i never got the hype around this movie even as a kid
>>
>>70971880
Kek
>>
The white devil only knows death nothing else
>>
>>70974615
This movie had no hype when you were a kid, it was a box office failure
>>
>>70971237
>What did he mean by this?
What did he MEME by this?
>>
Yes well done Hogarth, well done Hogarth

However
>>
>>70974770
and yet we ALL saw it.
>>
>>70974836
No bitch you saw it on Cartoon Network
>>
>>70974770
>implying i gave a fuck about the box office as a kid
i mean word of mouth obviously
>>
>>70974896
>we all saw it
>no you saw it
idiot
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.