[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>source material paints altruism and the act of giving to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 169
Thread images: 19
>source material paints altruism and the act of giving to be the worst qualities mankind could have
>movies are funded through donations garnered from fans
>>
>>70967247
But those donations aren't true altruism, dumbass.
The donations are selfish in nature, because the fans give them because they want the movie to be made.
>>
>>70967247
Objectivism in a nutshell
>>
>>70967296
whatever ron paul faggot
OP is right ayn rand BTFO
>>
>>70967296

Kinda like how Rand attacked and excoriated welfare and medicare until she needed it?
>>
>>70967296
/thread
>>
>conservatives act sad following massacres using automatic assault weapons
>oppose gun control
Conservatism is hypocrisy.
>>
Are you implying that people fund movies as a form of altruistic charity? I'm still adjusting to how retarded everyone on this site is.
>>
>>70967345
The government forces you to give money into these things why not take your due?
>>
>>70967392
SHE WAS ON WELFARE. Period end of sentence.
>>
>>70967370
If you're giving someone money and have no RoI other than a movie coming out that YOU STILL HAVE TO PAY FOR, you're either altruistic or an utter retard.
>>
>>70967296

Except that they had no reason to after the first movie was released, and the world discovered that neither the source material, nor the cast and crew, were worth giving to. There's no way that you can, in enlightened self interest, give money to a shitty film project.
>>
>>70967353
They'd all McVey or unibomber without guns, probably causing more destruction.
>>
>>70967296
>The donations are selfish in nature
all donations are, even giving to homeless puppies with aids is still not altruistic because its done to remove guilt or to gloat to others who haven't
>>
>>70967409
imma vote for the latter, because it is a shit movie
>>
>>70967392

Because you have integrity and principles? Which, I guess, is anathema in objectivism.
>>
ITT: Libertaritards get destroyed
>>
Ayn Rand was the ultrajew. Objectivism is basically just "jew everyone as hard as you can."
>>
>>70967370

When that movie is going to be shit, and you know that it's going to be shit, and you have zero reason to think that it's going to be anything other than shit, then yes. It's an act of altruistic charity along the lines of giving a legless veteran a five dollar bill because he looks like he's starving and he hasn't had a bath in years.
>>
>>70967316
>>70967325
>>70967345
>>70967353
>>70967405
Yes, yes,

Well done libcucks, well done libcucks,

HOWEVER
>>
>>70967488
>mfw it took 17 replies for somebody to point out this
for shame /tv/, for shame
>>
>>70967526
Don't call me a libcuck you faggot. Libertarianism is cancer for the far-right.
>>
>>70967474
>integrity and principles
This has to be bait or a redditor.
>>
>>70967595
Yes, yes,

Well done republicucks, well done republicucks,

HOWEVER
>>
>>70967614

It's called taking a principled stand. If you are opposed to something, then you don't ever take part in it, otherwise all of your objections to that thing are rendered null and void, painting you as nothing more than a hypocrite.

Not to mention that, by all accounts, she didn't learn a goddamned thing from the exercise. She didn't gain any insight, or knowledge about the human condition from having to take welfare and medicare. If she at least learned her lesson, I could respect that. Instead, she's just another hypocrite.
>>
>>70967624
>>70967526
Found the redditor.
>>
>>70967247

Ayn Rand collected Social Security. Are you surprised her drones turned out to be complete hypocrites?

The market has spoken, and they don't want Atlas Shrugged.
>>
Well, Objectivists? WELL? Where is your response? DEFEND THESE FILMS! DEFEND YOUR LEADER!
>>
>>70967854
Collecting social security doesn't make her a hypocrite since she was forced to pay for the social security of others during her life. Are you retarded?
>>
>>70967851
Yes, yes

Well done witch hunter, well done witch hunter,

HOWEVER
>>
>>70967926

Once again

>having principles
>having integrity
>learning lessons
>gaining insight
>>
>>70967926
and if it wasn't for the altruistic government system existing in the first place she would be a poor dead bitch
>>
>>70967960
That isn't how principles and integrity work. She was entitled to repayment.
>>
>>70968080

Sure, if she wanted to take advantage of a system that wouldn't even exist if she had her druthers. Actually sticking to your beliefs is difficult. I agree. But if you want your word to actually have any value, then you have to actually do what you say and say what you're going to do.

And, like I said, if she actually learned anything from turning to a system that she opposed when she needed it, I would be able to respect that. But, just as she did with smoking and cancer, it's readily apparent that she wasn't willing to learn anything, or adapt her beliefs to fit the world.
>>
File: KOCH-BROTHERS-620x412.jpg (38 KB, 620x412) Image search: [Google]
KOCH-BROTHERS-620x412.jpg
38 KB, 620x412
>>70967488
Pretty much.
Libertarianism is a fucking joke
Pic related; the wealthiest libertarians in the world.
>>
>>70968170
Ayn Rand wanted a different society altogether, she said nothing about how you should live within the confines of current society. You don't understand what hypocrisy is. For example, if I campaign against violence but use violence as a practical measure to guard myself from bad people, that doesn't make me a hypocrite.

You sound like a typical 60-70 IQ /pol/ poster based on your total lack of nuanced thought.
>>
>shitting on rand

low-hanging fruit
>>
>>70968310
Donald Trump is an Ayn Rand fan. This ideology is poised to destroy the United States of America if it isn't exposed.
>>
>>70968252

>objectivist
>A=A
>totally black and white world view BY DESIGN
>the other person has a lack of nuanced thought

Good Christ. This isn't like being anti-violence and needing it when your life is at risk. Rand referred to taxation, social security, etc. as being comparable to slavery. This is more like being an abolitionist who owns slaves.

"I am against X for everyone but me. It's okay that I do X because it's me. But everyone else shouldn't have X. And I'm going to totally ignore the fact that I would be completely screwed if I didn't have X or access to X."

Just like how she never came out against cigarettes after she developed cancer, despite having a decades long love affair with them, she was totally incapable of admitting when she was wrong. But, that's not too much of a surprise, since she named her philosophy Objectivism.
>>
>>70968080
>She was entitled
you can say that again
>>
File: 1302928378249.jpg (23 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1302928378249.jpg
23 KB, 480x480
>Why yes I am a libertarian and I vape. Is there a problem?
>>
Literally the worst philosophy ever created. And it was created by a woman. I don't mean that as disrespect towards women I mean it's actually surprising that such a shitty philosophy didn't come from a man.
>>
>>70968613
Actually I'm not the least bit surprised it came from a woman.
>>
I remember when /pol/ shat on Ayn Rand and her works. Now they're basically fanboys for that cunt.
>>
>>70968711
Pretty much. The people who dislike objectivism are /pol//tumblr-tier hamplanets with low IQs.
>>
File: 2810693-0853900898-thumb.gif (1 MB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
2810693-0853900898-thumb.gif
1 MB, 400x300
>>70968711
Nailed it.
>>
>>70968798

This surprises you? Extremist righties have loved her every since a group of people in Wall Street crashed the economy (with no survivors) for their rational self interest.
>>
>>70968664

I know you're not you left brain kissless virgin.
>>
>>70967353
Assault weapon is a meaningless buzzword and I guarantee you you can't name a single mass shooting that took place in the past 10 years that was conducted with a fully automatic weapon.
>>
>>70968932
>>70967353

*in the past 10 years in the United States, I meant to say
>>
>>70968711
>almost everyone here come from a bourgeoisie upbringing
you are retarded
>>
>>70968932
are you saying that the only reason automatic weapons are banned is to prevent mass shootings?
>>
>>70968711
>almost everyone here come from a bourgeoisie upbringing

average 12 years old middle class white kid pov
>>
>>70969226
No, I'm saying that you (if you were the one who originally posted that) are a retard if you think mass shootings in the US are being commited with 'automatic assault weapons'.

Besides, anyone who thinks Gun Violence is an epidemic, or comprised mainly of mass shootings, in the US is an idiot. Mass shootings are statistically irrelevant, homicides have been on a 10 year decline, and the majority of homicides being committed are gang crime and not random spree killings.
>>
>>70968836
>>70968799
It would work better if it wasn't pasted in both threads that are right next to each other at the moment.
>>
>>70968711
Yeah, all those literary critics who've dismissed her almost universally was due to their bourgeoisie upbringing. Probably sheltered, grew up in a white suburban neighborhood, mommy and daddy maybe divorced, that was the biggest shake of their lives, the hardest thing they probably faced. Other than that, their lives must have been a piece of cake, probably bulled a little bit.
>>
>>70969124
no been here on and off since 2006.
>>
>>70969449

No no no, dude. You don't get it. Literally the only reason why you could think that the author spelling out her personal beliefs through strawman/mouthpiece characters is bad writing is because you're bourgeois or from a bourgeois upbringing. And being an anti-Marxist using Marxist terms is not at all incredibly wonky.

Wanting a work of fiction to actually serve its purpose, first and foremost, is the pinnacle of being bourgeois.
>>
>>70969532
Lol
>>
>>70967247
>>70967296
True altruism doesn't even exist, everything is selfish in nature even if you can't conceive of a reason due to limited critical thinking or subconscious need, so how can it quality as "the worst qualities mankind could have" when the idea of it is just a thought experiment?

Fuck the only thing that comes close is organ donation upon death if you're atheist, because you get no money out of it, you can't benefit from credit if you're dead, and you don't believe in an afterlife so post benefits don't matter either.
>>
>>70969607
Yeah keep telling yourself that bullshit is true.
>>
>>70969590
Years ago, if anybody ever asked me about my intellectual views, I had a ready answer. I was an Objectivist. In fact, I had a ready answer for just about any intellectual, metaphysical, political, ethical, or aesthetic question that might come up. I believed it, I advocated it, and I tried to live by it.

And now, two decades later, I find that Ayn Rand plays almost no role in my thinking, that I never look at her books, and that her ideas strike me as irrelevant and, in certain respects, downright disagreeable.Reason, egoism, individualism, capitalism - Objectivism in a nutshell.

Ayn Rand was the ultimate spokesman for the left hemisphere of the brain. Please, delude yourselves all you want, but do not induct any more people into your cult. If Friedrich Nietzsche could return from the dead, sound in mind and body, I would gladly allow him to "Blast" my favorite novels.
>>
>>70967595
Liberalism =/= libertarianism
>>
>>70967247
>Free market judged the movie to be a failure
>Makers keep making movies at a loss anyway despite gaining absolutely nothing out of it
Ayn Rand would be ashamed
>>
>>70970162
>Liberalism =/= libertarianism
Libertarians are just conservatives too cowardly to call themselves republican.
>>
>>70970777
>Makers keep making movies at a loss anyway despite gaining absolutely nothing out of it
>Nothing out of it

Marketing will always find a way.
>>
>>70970777

Yep. They had nothing to gain from it, knew that they wouldn't make a profit off of it, funded the entire thing on the basis of gifts from its supporters and they did it anyway.

Sounds like...ALTRUISM?!
>>
File: Da_Admirial.jpg (285 KB, 620x388) Image search: [Google]
Da_Admirial.jpg
285 KB, 620x388
>>70971107
They're further right than conservatism, fampai
>>
>>70968252

you aren't wrong, but rand was famously anti-compromise (at least when it suited her.) the notion of possibly compromising your ideals for any reason would have been anathema to her
>>
>>70967247
I still can't believe that they couldn't get a single actor to return. Don't most movies that intend to have sequels contractually obligate their actors to return? Was nobody desperate enough for another paycheck?
>>
>>70971136
Explain, how does "marketing" get them money if nobody watches it?
>>
>>70971312

It's the same way that it's not even remotely hypocritical to sleep around on your partner, and to totally freak out when you find out that one of your extra paramours are sleeping around on /you/.
>>
>>70971378
Because her sleeping with that guy was "rational", because they were Ubermensch objectivists, whereas the guy having an affair with a "normal" woman is not rational, therefore it's wrong.
Ayn Rand could justify anything just by saying it was rational.
>>
File: 1462583821706.png (23 KB, 694x578) Image search: [Google]
1462583821706.png
23 KB, 694x578
>abolish government
>random mercenaries and criminal take whatever they want

Was Rand just autistic or something?
>>
File: 1454822083168.png (87 KB, 960x535) Image search: [Google]
1454822083168.png
87 KB, 960x535
>>70971523
>>
>>70971489

It makes perfect sense now!
>>
>>70971523
Clearly rational men of the mind would be able to hire better mercenaries to deal with these criminals. And of course, these rational men of the mind wouldn't abuse their power in any way.
Besides, non-objectivist soldiers cower before the might of super-capitalists, just look at Ragnar and how he terrorized the whole world with just one ship. Or how a government stooge was incapable of surrendering when having a gun pointed at him because he wasn't capable of making any decisions of his own, he needed orders, so he had to be killed.
>>
>>70967247
Altruism is a flawed concept in the first place because there is no true Altruism, it all serves or served a purpose and the fact that humans are still alive amongst other mammals who show altruistic behaviour means it was good because otherwise we wouldn't be here.

Ayn Rand is a meme philosopher anyway
>>
>>70971685

>A completely free of government intervention
>Completely run by a bunch of people whose sworn principals are equivalent to 'Every Man for Himself'

Oh yeah. No. Not a recipe for horrific disaster at all.
>>
>>70971815
It's almost like we had this system before
>>
>>70971815
I had to laugh when a libertarian friend of mine actually said that if there were no governments there would be no wars.
>>
>>70971685
Why wouldn't the mercs just kill the rich people and take their money?
>>
>>70971900

Oh yeah, cause three oil companies, when there's absolutely no government in the way whatsoever, would act calmly, coolly and rationally when a new source of oil is found. I mean, obviously.
>>
File: 1425339805207.jpg (192 KB, 879x1024) Image search: [Google]
1425339805207.jpg
192 KB, 879x1024
>>70967247
Objectivism is a philosophy born from a woman that could never get over the emotional trauma of seeing her father weakened, beaten, having his livelihood stole, and his family pushed out. Her childlike mind blamed her father for not being "strong enough" to stand up to the commies and thus she spent her life justifying her childlike anger instead of growing up.

Objectivism is literally, Daddy Issues, the philosophy.
>>
>yeah bro you cant be altruistic, everyone alive is a jaded narcissistic asshole just like me, this isn't my solipsistic fantasy that i'm just projecting on everyone else XD

normies are hilarious
>>
File: Wallace Spending as% of GDP.png (38 KB, 873x638) Image search: [Google]
Wallace Spending as% of GDP.png
38 KB, 873x638
well done, ayn rand, well done

HOWEVER
>>
>>70971951
The weirdest thing to me is that Ayn Rand was strongly in favor of patents, which all the libertarians I know loathe.
>>
>>70967434

Feeling empathy for others and desiring to help them isn't guilt. guilt is what comes if you don't help them when you could have
>>
>>70971973
But large companies would never hire any PMC to 'defend' their interests! Only governments would do such a crazy thing
>>
>>70972278
they do it because it makes them feel better about themselves or they feel guilty because they have it better
>>
>>70967434
Selfless acts do exist though. There are people who have sacrificed their lives to save complete strangers.
>>
File: 1439939660819.png (121 KB, 258x245) Image search: [Google]
1439939660819.png
121 KB, 258x245
>>70967247
>Grow up in a statist hellhole
>Move
>Get triggered so hard by your upbringing that you have a total revulsion to the government and write a book about it
>>
>>70968711
Software Engineer here (the real kind, I do signal processing and embedded development, not shitty little webdev), I got plenty of responsibility and I still think Rand is trash.

Most people who like Ayn Rand are arrogant and self-absorbed, but I've never met a doctor who read Ayn Rand. I've met several who read Nietzche during their edgy phase, but none of them have read Ayn Rand.

Ayn Rand is one of those authors edgy little 16 year old boys read when they're in their pseudo-intellectual phase. Most of them grow up to be software engineers (I know a few, they're shit to work with since they're so far up their own ass that they don't understand that team-work is actually more important that "talent" on real projects). Most lawyers and businessmen are smart enough to recognize shit writing.
>>
Was really disappointed in this series of movies, it could have been something truly awesome if it had been done right but, that's how shit goes sometimes.
>>
>>70973060
Their biggest mistake was setting it in the present day.
It should have been a retro piece set in a 1950s-like world, but never saying the exact year. It makes no fucking sense for people in 2016 still using fucking trains, with airplanes and trucks being a non-entity.
>>
>>70971900
i dont even think libertarians believe in no government. that is some anarcho retardation.
>>
>>70973161
Their biggest mistake was making a movie based on a terrible book.
>>
>have such a bullshit, anti-common sense philosophy that you have to write about it in a fictional fantasy world rather than writing essays like every legitimate philosopher ever
>>
>>70972800
I dont think they would have if they knew they had to trade their lives for the other persons.
Basically they were noble enough to save them but accidently died the in process
>>
Anthem was better.
>>
>>70973242
You're full of shit. Countless people throught history have saved someone knowing that doing so would cost them their own lives.
Just because you wouldn't be willing to die for a stranger doesn't mean others would. I honestly don't know if I'd be able to do so, but I have nothing but admiration for those who do.
>>
>>70973303
such as?
dont say jesus
>>
>>70967854

What's wrong with that? She had an opportunity to take money. She did so. Hypocrisy would have been her giving to charity or similar.
>>
>>70973161
>Their biggest mistake was setting it in the present day.
>It should have been a retro piece set in a 1950s-like world, but never saying the exact year. It makes no fucking sense for people in 2016 still using fucking trains, with airplanes and trucks being a non-entity.
Are you kidding? It's a self-damning commentary that, if our society followed the model of Rand, our rate of technological advancement would slow to a snail's pace.
>>
>>70968711
Wait a minute, is this an epic new copypasta? I remember responding to this before.
>>
>>70967405
t. literally haven't read a single word of her writing
>>
>>70973352

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falling_on_a_grenade#Notable_examples
>>
>>70973352
Countless soldiers
Countless firemen
Countless rescue workers
Countless normal civilians
Even fucking jihadists and kamikaze pilots prove you're wrong.
>>
The only reason you need to discredit Rand is that she was a jew.
>>
File: exasperated face.jpg (18 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
exasperated face.jpg
18 KB, 500x375
>>70973238
She wrote essays too, but they're basically retarded.

>the mathematical law of identity proves private property is real
>>
>>70973563
Jews are smarter than you though

t. Jew
>>
>>70973518
>>70973452
>soldiers
>firemen
>rescue workers
>civilians
not strangers and/or not certain death
>jihadists and kamikaze pilots
wut, theyre not even saving people
>>
>>70973918

>wut, theyre not even saving people

They're willingly sacrificing their own lives, of their own freewill, doing so only in the hopes that their cause will succeed, and their countrymen's lives will be better.

Also

>willingly falling on a grenade to shield your friends and comrades
>not certain death
>>
>>70973918
Sometimes it isn't certain death, but there have been countless times when people knew that saving someone was certain death, but did it anyway.
Also, even if something isn't certain death, they're still risking their lives, they're still doing something to save someone else even though they could die in the process. That is a selfless act.
Fuck you, you cynical piece of shit.
>>
>>70974057
>you in charge of reading comprehension
not strangers

jihadists literally do it for 99 pussies in heaven m8. kamikazes did it because it would bring honor on themselves
>>
>>70973918
>fall on a grenade
>"this is a rational decision as i will likely survive this"
>>
>>70974057
>doing so only in the hopes that their cause will succeed, and their countrymen's lives will be better.
so not altruism, unless say for example shooting up a gay bar and then yourself is also altruism because you think killing all the gays will make the world a better place
>>
>>70973918
>not strangers

actually I'd say 99% of the time soldiers, firemen and rescue workers are saving strangers, it'd be a huge fucking coincidence if they just happened to only keep saving their friends or family
>>
>>70974127

You don't think Omar Mateen thought he wasn't doing the right thing? That he was doing what his god thought he should be doing? You don't think he was the hero of his own story?
>>
>>70974124

>Soldiers somehow know every person in their country. Even people who have no family and few friends. They aren't strangers with the overwhelming majority of the nation that they're dying for
>Jihadists are only doing what they do to earn the special prize in the box, and not to also defend their fellow tribesmen and their way of life
>>
>>70974087
>but there have been countless times when people knew that saving someone was certain death, but did it anyway
im sorry, but no sane person would go to certain death for no reason for someone they didnt know at all, if that person couldnt be saved. either there was no way to tell it would be certain death, or it wasnt a stranger.

this isnt saying altruism doesnt exist, acts of sacrificial cooperation are considered altruistic as such.
HOWEVER (top kek i did meme) it is based on recipocration if the situations were reversed, so there is indeed an individual benefit from helping others
>>
>>70974186
doesn't make it altruistic

>showing a disinterested and selfless concern for the well-being of others; unselfish:
i.e murder
>>
>>70974169
not certain death

>>70974125
not strangers
>>
>>70974277

>he actually believes this

Jesus. What a miserable life you must lead. I'm genuinely sorry for you.
>>
>>70974277
>but no sane person would go to certain death for no reason for someone they didnt know at all
Again, just because YOU wouldn't do it, doesn't mean nobody ever would. You're being insulting.
>>
>>70974253
you idiot.
soldiers defend each other. They definitely know/relate to others in their fighting unit.
and jihadists are fucking nuts no really theyre not defending anyone
>>
>>70974277

>im sorry, but no sane person would go to certain death for no reason for someone they didnt know at all, if that person couldnt be saved. either there was no way to tell it would be certain death, or it wasnt a stranger.

So what you're saying is if you were standing on a street corner and the proverbial little old lady steps off the curb and is about to get splattered by a semi barreling down on the intersection and you realize in an instant that you can save her but in the process you MIGHT - that's MIGHT - end up dying in the process (it's a possibility 50/50) you would literally have another instant after that one where you say to yourself "Fuck that old bitch..." and let her get plastered all over the front of said semi?

Nice to know you're an inhuman piece of shit that really doesn't belong in this world, fuck you very much.
>>
>>70974364
IF THAT PERSON COULDNT BE SAVED
jesus christ reading comprehension.

Is it americlap hours again?
>>
>>70974403
>(it's a possibility 50/50)
so... its not certain death

certain = 100% chance btw
>>
File: Cmon-Son.gif (848 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
Cmon-Son.gif
848 KB, 320x240
>>70967710
>If you are opposed to something, then you don't ever take part in it, otherwise all of your objections to that thing are rendered null and void, painting you as nothing more than a hypocrite.

>Be a smoker
>Tell others that smoking causes lung problems
>"b-b-but you smoke, therefore your advice is not true"

A piece of advice is not invalidated because of the messenger.

The rightness of a message does not depend on who said it.
>>
>>70967854
>Ayn Rand collected Social Security. Are you surprised her drones turned out to be complete hypocrites?

All you pawns of ideology are pathetic.

Karl Marx mooched off his rich friend Engels most of his life while shouting down with the rich from the comfort of suburban coffee shops at the same time lel.
>>
>>70973918
wat is asymetric warfare

if you wanna read some scifi put rand aside and read some frank herbert....
>>
>>70974461
Fine, you want 100% chance of death sacrifice?
A priest who offered himself to die in a concentration camp in place of a stranger
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maximilian_Kolbe
>>
>>70974502
>Karl Marx mooched off his rich friend Engels most of his life while shouting down with the rich from the comfort of suburban coffee shops at the same time lel.

Engels: rich
Marx: prolific

>From each according to their ability
Engels: could afford to give money away
Marx: could write essays and books

>To each according to their need
Engels: doesn't need that much money
Marx: needs the money

Not really that hypocritical.
>>
>>70974461
the special work commandos in auschwitz sacrified themself when destroying a crematory to save 1000s of lives....
>>
>>70974491
>A piece of advice is not invalidated because of the messenger.
>The rightness of a message does not depend on who said it.
do what i say not what i do.
>>
>>70974588
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maximilian_Kolbe
possibly not strangers, he was at the camp as a prisoner himself
>>
>>70974685
citation?
>>
>>70974679

>HOWEVERRRRRRRRRRR

Na my mane, the black and white of it is, Marx didn't practice what he preached just like Rand and all your nerd ramblings and excuses you developed in your head for your clay footed idol will never change that reality.
>>
>>70974742

>grasping this desperately at this small a straw

Jesus christ anon you are one heinous shitcunt you know that
>>
>>70974789
no rly. people dont give up important shit for people they dont know.
this just doesnt happen mane
>>
>>70974780
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonderkommando
since we are on /tv/ there is also a movie : the grey zone
>>
>>70967247
These films were JUST territory

Made pennies back on several million
>>
>>70974742
Nope. He didn't know him, he offered himself because he heard him cry out in agony over what would happen to his family if he died.
>"I am a Catholic priest from Poland; I would like to take his place, because he has a wife and children."

Stop trying to bring down heroes to your level. These are people far greater than you or I.
>>
another example of self sacrifice :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rodger_Wilton_Young
>>
>>70974874
>pow jews saving pow jews from genocide
also not strangers
>>
>>70974783
>Marx didn't practice what he preached just like Rand

>Proponent of the message fails to live up to his message
>Somehow this means that the message is invalid
>>
>>70974999
wow dude, you are one good troll.... or simply an asshole but anyway touch this :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Rabe
>>
>>70968310
What do you expect 95% of /tv/ posters are redditors.
>>
>>70974867
After Chernobyl, there was a risk of a far greater explosion. 3 men, Alexei Ananenko, Valeri Bezpalov and Boris Baranov, volunteered to dive into radioactive waters knowing full well they would die from radiation poisoning to save countless civilians.
>>
File: Nixon's Peace.jpg (1 MB, 2290x3000) Image search: [Google]
Nixon's Peace.jpg
1 MB, 2290x3000
>>70974783
>will never change that reality.

>Be British
>Rule colonies
>Colonies rebel
>You colonists will never establish a working government without a king; that's not how reality works

Americans have a good track record of beating historical realities.
>>
>>70974940
that was what he said to the guards, not to the man he saved.
either way no way to confirm the two were strangers

>>70975049
there was almost no risk to himself as he was a german
>>
>>70968460
>This is more like being an abolitionist who owns slaves.

Owning slaves does not lessen the message of the abolitionist.

An alcoholic can still warn of the dangers of alcohol because the message is correct no matter who says it.
>>
Why do liberals get so butthurt over some shitty writer?

People want to make a movie, big deal.

Seriously, reddit's completely infested this place.
>>
File: 4b0.png (81 KB, 825x441) Image search: [Google]
4b0.png
81 KB, 825x441
>>70975082

>Be America
>Exist for nearly 230 years
>Want an Empire
>Try and buy and bully your way to get it
>No one likes you anyway
>And the crown starts to slip with the Chinese just waiting to stick the knife in your back as they've had 5,000 years of experience with this shit

R E A L I T Y
>>
>>70975078
>Alexei Ananenko, Valeri Bezpalov and Boris Baranov,

>according to Ananenko, their colleagues jumped for joy when they heard they had managed to open the valves
not strangers
>>
>>70975176
The man he saved, Franciszek Gajowniczek, has gone on record saying that he didn't know Kolbe, which only made him admire him more.

>>70975255
Their colleagues weren't in danger, they could evacuate at any time. It's the civilians that were still in danger.
>>
>>70975253
We have an empire, dude. You're part of it.
>>
File: Facenbolts.png (98 KB, 186x201) Image search: [Google]
Facenbolts.png
98 KB, 186x201
>>70975253
>>Be America
>>Exist for nearly 230 years
>>Want an Empire
>>Try and buy and bully your way to get i

>America is a constitutional republic with an elected executive with a separate legislative and judiciary
>Spanish, British, Holy Roman empire has all three powers concentrated in a monarch

The USA is not even close to being an empire
>>
>>70975188
>Owning slaves does not lessen the message of the abolitionist.
that is retarded
>An alcoholic can still warn of the dangers of alcohol because the message is correct no matter who says it.
alcohol is addictive, if it wasn't, if it was say a piss drinker warning of the dangers of drinking piss it would weaken his message
>>
>>70975344
lol, literally this post gave me sensitive chuckles

murrica is in decline
>>
>>70975451
>that is retarded

>Message
>Messenger

The merits/ reasonableness/ logic of a message is based on the message, not the messenger.
>>
>>70975569
do what i say not what i do

slavery is bad, you need to stop. i wont but you must.
>>
>>70975565
Yeah, but you've been in decline for much longer and you're completely submissive to us. If China takes over you're basically dead, you're already on the path to becoming some third-world Muslim shithole.
>>
File: Punching.gif (2 MB, 240x180) Image search: [Google]
Punching.gif
2 MB, 240x180
>>70975565
>murrica is in decline

>yfw America is so far above everybody else that it's still on top even when declining
>>
>>70975569
You're posting on 4chan though. Possibly the single most notable aspect of 4chan is the lack of intelligence of the userbase, which is represented strongly in their inability to separate messages from messengers.

Take for example how saying "Hello [x]" in response to a poster defending [x] was an old joke from /b/, and is now used as an argument by celebrity gossipers (Hello Brendan, hurr just lmao i said it again!), /pol/ neckbeards (hurr Jew this Jew that hurr durr shill), and other assorted retards and take up a significant percentage of all posts in any debate. On this board if you try to discuss certain movies, you have no hope of actually doing so because the spergs have developed some weird agenda against people involved in its production.

So what started as sort of a funny joke became the main form of arguing for most retards here. They genuinely believe it matters if, say, a philosophy was conceptualized by a Jewish person as opposed to someone else.
>>
>>70975322
>Upon emerging from the water, the three were already suffering from radiation sickness and later died.[73][dubious – discuss] Some sources claim incorrectly that they died in the plant.[72] Another report says that Baranov died in 2005.[74]
dubious/conflicting sources. If Baranov didnt die at the plant then it wasnt certain death. also they were engineers who worked at the plant.

The priest is an interesting one. It takes a man who will never pass on his genes and who believes in the rewards of afterlife to take the place of a man who has a good chance to pass on his genes. You could argue this doesnt even count as certain death.
>>
Any Rand was a human piece of shit that compiled everything bad in women
>>
>>70975672
eh, i'm german not british.

submissive to you? merkel is, but most of the normal people think americans are uneducated coarse clods.
Thread replies: 169
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.