[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A girl has wasted 2 seasons with a boring plot line.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 9
File: 54609568905.jpg (137 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
54609568905.jpg
137 KB, 1200x800
A girl has wasted 2 seasons with a boring plot line.
>>
What about Dany? She did that shit for 5 seasons.
>>
>loved Jaqen when he first showed up
>hate braavos storyline
>>
It will only payoff if she actually kills someone using whatever girl has learned.
>>
>>70967338
That still wouldn't pay off. Two seasons worth of screentime spent on just training her how to fight (no character development or worldbuilding) cannot be payed off just by her killing somebody. It's too much screentime when they could've trained her how to fight over like 2 spread-out episodes.
>>
>>70966198
>Be trained assassin
>notice a war going on
>meet a northern princess
>get her to come to school
>steal her identity to kill someone she is close to and send someone to assassinate ???
>profit

You people are so dumb. It honestly blows my mind. That was his endgame all along. He just needed her face.
>>
>>70966198
>A girl after disobeying every order given to her and is pointing needle, the sword of Arya Stark at me is finally... no one.

Bravo DABID.
>>
>>70967417
The training should have been a quick montage
>>
File: Smug Arya.png (420 KB, 607x525) Image search: [Google]
Smug Arya.png
420 KB, 607x525
>>70966198
>If she had stayed in Westeros she would have been caught by someone and died.
>She learned how to observe people and find their weakness.
>She learned how to be someone she's not, blend in, poison/kill someone and not get detected.
>She learned how to peel faces and use them to hide her identity even further.
>She learned how to take a ton of pain for a little girl.
>She learned how to fight w/o seeing.
>She was away from Westeros long enough for her sister and half brother to come into power and now has a reason to go back there.
A man will still shitpost and try to poke holes where there are none because you think she looks like notre dame hunchback
>>
>its a /tv/ completely missed the assassin disguised as Arya leaving for Westeros episode
>>
>>70967508
Who knows what her face looks like? This isn't the modern day where we have pictures of everyone
>>
>>70967661
Her family, which is probably who the faceless men have been paid to kill. It'll be some horseshit like "Arya" is reunited with Sansa, trys to kill her and real Arya shows up and saves her and kills her doppelganger. All the normies will be so surprised they didn't pick up on the Arya getting on the boat not being her.
>>
>>70966234
I was looking forward to get more information Braavos. The culture, the people, the iron bank etc.
Instead I get to watch Arya getting smacked around by a girl
>>
File: image.jpg (134 KB, 750x732) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
134 KB, 750x732
"""""wasted"""""
>>
All of the plot resolutions of this season feel pretty pointless

>Dany gets kidnapped by Khals
>Oh she kill everybody and goes back home
>Jamie is at a stalemate with Blackfish
>Oh he just kills him and goes back home
>Theon has been Reek for years in Ramsay's captivity
>Oh he breaks out and just goes home
>Arya is training to become an assassin, but she doesn't want to lose her way
>Oh she just kills the Assassin and goes home
>Margaery is captured by High Sparrow and they don't know how to save her
>Oh she just follows High Sparrows orders and goes back home
>Jorah got the stone illness and is slowly turning into a rock
>Daeny tells him to go home and find a cure
>Sandsnakes
>Who are Sandsnakes

Is there ANYTHING interesting going on anymore?
>>
>>70967859
>Is there ANYTHING interesting going on anymore?
No. Be prepared for tomorrow's episode to make us equally disappointed in Jon's story.
>>
>>70967859

Also what the fuck is Baelish doing. Why are they not showing what the fuck he's up to. His shenanigans have always been the most entertaining of the show, but now he might as well be dead

Yeah, yeah I know he's gonna show up as reinforcements for Sansa, but that's boring as shit.
>>
>>70966198
a girl could have accomplished the same with a 5 minute training montage
>>
>>70967622
What a nonsense post. Of course there were plot reasons for her to be out of westeros, and of course she learned how to be an assassin.

Neither of those things matter. Learning how to be an assassin could've happened over 2 training montages. If she just had to be outside of westeros, we didn't have to see every little boring thing she did. Similarly, there was no character reason for anything in Bravos. She didn't learn any deep lessons about herself, she's still the same revenge-driven little girl. Two seasons of screentime just to teach her how to fight. This whole arch was a failure.
>>
I put up with Dabid's shit for a long time, I even defended him on these very boards. But this was just too much. 2 seasons worth of boring bullshit all for nothing.

Go watch the last scene of season 4 where Arya is taking a ship to Braavos, it's set up like she's going on the most epic fucking adventure of all time. Instead we get this garbage.
>>
>>70967721
ur rly dumb
>>
>>70968554
>scene with different clothes and hairstyle
>different mannerisms
>lots of gold
>I'm going home, we leave in the morning

>next episode idk where I want to go
>different clothes and hair and covered in dirt
>No money

Yeah totally the same person. You are retarded mate. You are the target audience for the show and will be so shocked at MUH TWEEST.
>>
>>70968344

I feel the same.
I aways defended changes in the series because you can't just always do things like they are in the books, but the quality dip has become too apparent now
>>
>>70968687

You're a fucking retard
>>
>>70966198
Did Arya use glamour to kill the Waif? Maybe she faked it all along. And she seem very healthy when she met with Jaqen.
>>
>>70968687
nobody wants sansa dead retard shes a useful pawn for anyone wanting to claim the north.
>>
>>70968890

>healthy

she was dripping blood all over the floor
>>
>>70968890
nope

http://www.techinsider.io/game-of-thrones-director-explains-arya-braavos-scene-2016-6
>>
>>70967338
What has she learned? To slap someone with a stick and speak in riddles? Woooow.
>>
>>70968971
I'm disappointed... I interpreted it as Arya using glamour to lure the Waif to her lair.
>>
>>70968885
Kek okay. Please post a webm of you eating shit when this gets revealed
>>
>>70969078
Sure
If you take the same bet
You can already start eating your bowl of shit now >>70968971
>>
>>70969059
>>70968890

What the fuck is glamour
>>
>>70967622

So she wasted like 7 hours of our lives doing fuck all and you're a shill, k bro
>>
>>70968971
He literally didn't answer the question. He danced around it.
>>
>>70968971
Wow, do people who work on this show actually take it seriously? I thought they were all phoning it in.
>>
>>70969243
glamour is an illusion spell thing, melly sanders in the show uses it to not look like shes 85. faceless men use a similiar but different and as yet unexplained method to impersonate people uses faces.

>>70969317
>>70969338
seems pretty apparent to me they didnt intend any depth and it was just lazily made, director sounds like 3/4 of a retard with the 'made a mistake taking in the view of braavos' bullshit.
>>
File: 1466007821127.png (116 KB, 463x488) Image search: [Google]
1466007821127.png
116 KB, 463x488
>>70967622
Nice try David, but your 'reasons' don't justify wasting millions of $$ and screen time to show Arya training and getting angry for 2 seasons. She already knew how to fight, she was already good at hiding, she has taken plenty of emotional and physical pain before she stepped foot off Westeros. She learned how to poison(real hard stuff bru) and how to fight in the dark. That's it. She's not a Faceless Man, she won't face ANY consequences for betraying the order(honestly wtf), and Jaqen this super mysterious character leaves the show with a congrats and a smirk. Fuck you Davids
>>
>wasted
>>
aryas arc the last two seasons fucking sucked. Especially in season 6. Fuck off with the "but she learned to accept who she really is!1~~" bullshit, she already did that A SEASON AGO when she killed Meryn Trant. She hasnt developed at all this year. They literally could have ended her storyline last season and she would have been the exact same character. In fact that would have been better because at least that scene showed she knows how to use the faces. This bullshit with the waif didn't show anything about her new face stealing powers. It was shit. They should have just kept her off screen all of season 5 like they did with bran and moved all her season 5 scenes to season 6 and ended it there. Absolutely fucking bullshit nonsense storyline.
>>
>wasted
>>
>>70970051

>those eyes

Good god..
>>
Jaquen is so hot.
Like hot Jesus level.
>>
>wasted
>>
>>70968042

Baelish is jobbing in order to show what a strong powerful woman Sansa is now.

By the end of the series, every faction is going to have a woman in charge, calling it now.
>>
>>70966232

Dany storylines are literally "ends up with the entire army/city shown in episode 1 via low cunning and smug looks"
>>
Arya hasn't really learned much ninja-ing though, mostly philosophy shit, some stick fighting just by being on the receiving end, being blind for a while etc.

they really should have shown some more practical skill learning

the way things are going they're just setting up Arya to be a "shocking" death at the end of next season or something, cause there's no room for her in the plot up to a certain point
>>
>>70967508
he can steal her face, but he can't morph his body.
>>
>>70966198
>wait until she gets assassin training, then you wont say the show sucks!
This show really is just high production value shit. Seriously, it's gone so full of itself it can see up its own ass.
>>
>>70966198
>bullied by girl for two seasons
>finally kill her
>it happens off-screen
>>
>>70967622
>>She learned how to be someone she's not, blend in
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwHvOcdKvJk
>>
>>70971595
>but he can't morph his body.

Waif morphed into another body when she assassinated the actress though.
>>
game of thrones is so god awful now
>>
Arya's plot was one of the most exciting ones and when she joined the faceless men the excitement skyrocketed

Then they wasted it completely and finished it with the worst fucking resolution ever, a real shame tbhfam
>>
File: 1464663293609.png (181 KB, 318x381) Image search: [Google]
1464663293609.png
181 KB, 318x381
>>70966198
poor man
>>
>>70966234
He isn't the same character, he's just being played by the same actor. Do you not pay attention. Season 5 one killed himself. Season 2 one is likely still in Westeros
>>
>>70966198
Seriously... when Arya went to Bravos and Bran met the Third-eye Raven, everyone was expecting them to be some super op characters by the time they left their respective trainings... but by the end of both story lines, both are still weak mediocre characters with just a few extra tricks now
>>
File: whatisthis.gif (2 MB, 352x282) Image search: [Google]
whatisthis.gif
2 MB, 352x282
>>70971090
God she is soooo fucking hot. Been in love with the Waif since she first turned up.

Hope the theory is true and she actually killed Arya. Prob not possible, but I just hope.
>>
>>70974062
So much this. I still have hopes for Bran but fuck Arya her character does the stupidest shit I have ever seen.

This season has been ok (Hodor revelation and bringing back the Hound saved it imo) but the hype around Sundays episode is so high I am worried.
>>
>>70967821
""""moustache""""
>>
>>70966198
Is that Spoony
>>
>>70976026
tip: every girl has a moustache
most have blonde which is barely visible and 99% of the girls shave/wax it off.
>>
>>70970051
Well that is definitely an improvement.
>>
>>70966198
i wouldn't have cared if it didn't end as sloppily as it did. it should have gone straight from her blowing out the candle at the end of one episode into having already killed the waif and removed her face. it would have shown that she has become a real assassin always on guard instead of having to be stabbed and gashed to remember her training.
>>
>>70967587
With a cool 80s soundtrack.
>>
A girl must not worry about the destination but it is the journey that makes a girl strong.
>>
OH shit, what happened?
This guy used to be fun in thw first few seasons like Harrenhall and such. Now he's a dour master like....
There's no more fun in this show. No more shit to keep me interested. I'm just watching it because I watched it since episode 1 and it'll be stupid to drop right now.
Otherwise fuck this show and the writers who are dumber than a bag of slugs.
>>
>>70966232
>>70967417
Even in the books I've always felt that Arya's chapters in Braavos should have been cut.
>>
>>70968988
Like Bane, she has also mastered the dark apparently.
>>
>>70966198
he sort of looks like that kroll guy
>>
>>70971796

And it was impossible... the whole chase was fucking impossible. She was stabbed a day before. Disregard running and jumping from buildings while running away from a Terminator, try walking.

Furthermore... fighting would have been impossible. I know i know... she trained to fight in the dark and all that but what about mobility.

Seriously this season is crapping all over 6 years of build up. D&D just can't deliver by themselves.
>>
>>70973553
>He isn't the same character, he's just being played by the same actor. Do you not pay attention. Season 5 one killed himself. Season 2 one is likely still in Westeros
The actor killed himself? What?
>>
>>70966232
At least Dany is surrounded by interesting characters like Jorah/ser grandpa, she was also our first eyes in Essos. Arya is just a waste. There is a reason all people can discuss about her is her wolf = queen/dangerous Arya and incest with jon
>>
>no material to work with
>somehow shocked at fillers
>>
Bu-uh-ddy
>>
>>70974062
the writers are too busy pandering to the dany and jon fags they shit on every other character
>>
how did jaqen get captured i the first place?
>>
so actually there is peace on westeros now? only dany and a few northerners are conspirating to fuck things up? And some zombies thrown in.
Literally nothing is happening.

Killing of Roose was so stupid, I can't imagine his character would not see it coming. Was it done for more Ramsay screentime?

What is happening with Gendry?
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.