[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>0.0 >.0 What did the terminator mean by this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: 0.0 casualties.jpg (102 KB, 1108x754) Image search: [Google]
0.0 casualties.jpg
102 KB, 1108x754
>0.0
>.0

What did the terminator mean by this?
>>
>>70962422

Crippled probably.
>>
>>70962422
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/casualties
>>
>>70962422
it was designed by robots you forced meme shit. you think robots would understand casualties as integers?!
>>
When the future-humans reprorgrammed the T-800 they used JavaScript. JavaScript only has a Number type, whereas most languages differentiate between integers and floating point numbers.
>>
Better question: why does the Terminator need that display? I mean, it is a machine, the computer is his mind. You don't have your brain flashing text and numbers whenever you are counting stuff.
>>
If he had killed a nigger for example it would be 0.6 casualties
>>
>>70962860
Complex AI may use stimuli just like we do.
>>
>>70962860
The very first gen of terminators would have those displays, as they were designed by humans who would need to visually see that kind of info. Every other Terminator that was made after the Judgment Day was Skynet's design, so perhaps the AI simply didn't care enough to change how shit was done.
>>
>>70962422
A non white human is worth 0.3
>>
>GIVE ME A PLASMA RIFLE IN A 40 WATT RANGE

Was the Terminator going to play Laser Tag?
>>
>>70963017
>The very first gen of terminators would have those displays, as they were designed by humans who would need to visually see that kind of info.
So why doesn't every piece of software have a load of numbers and shit on screen, if they're all designed by humans?
>>
>>70962860
>You don't have your brain flashing text and numbers whenever you are counting stuff.

Yeah of course I do, how else would I count?
>>
>>70962860
Terminators have a segmented brain that interacts in a similar fashion to how your brain works with your spinal column and subconscious. Lower mental functions like counting are hived out to what we would consider a traditional computing methods valuing accuracy while advanced functions that we operate on require high degrees of approximation which traditional ai is not good at.

In a gunfight a traditional AI would reliably hit targets perfectly every time but it wouldn't be able to cope with fast paced and dynamic environments. You may notice a similar difference when you get 'in the zone'.

The downside is that communication between the two minds is not instantaneous as they cannot effectively communicate on different patterns of thought. Therefore communication is done in simple outputs.
>>
A woman is 0.5
>>
>>70963834

go back to highschool Jamal, 40W is a lot for a laser type weapon
>>
>>70962576
Yes.
>>
>>70965645
Autism
>>
>>70962896
underrated
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.