[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
haha what the fuck
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: file.png (636 KB, 719x1080) Image search: [Google]
file.png
636 KB, 719x1080
haha what the fuck
>>
Was pretty good huh? Hoping for a 3rd as long as Wan returns to direct, we all know how shit Insidious 3 was because he left.
>>
>>70959980

Haven't seen it yet. Scary?
>>
>>70960139
Was pretty neat, dog transforming to stick man made me giggled tho.
>>
>>70960146
Pretty scary, still not on the same league as the clapping scene in the first movie tho.
>>
>>70960166
Ya that was my wtf moment. I liked the crooked man's design though. Thought he was a cool claymation abomination. Also love Ed and Lorraine's relationship and chemistry.
>>
>>70960292
The only problem I really have is the old guy and the nun being the villains, like in the first half the old guy is the cause of the supernatural events then out of nowhere it switched to the demonic nun, it's like they just threw the old guy's character out of the window.
>>
>>70960439
Billy boy was supposedly the only ghost in the ''Real'' story.

But James Wan can't just have a plain ghost story, it always have to be something bigger..

The design on the nun was pretty great though, except for yellow teeth and eyes.
>>
Was anyone confused by the fact that she could have that vision of the old man from within the train? Surely that means that there is actually no need for them to ever physically be in a place when they're doin any of there little exorcism things?
>>
>>70960146
Relies too heavily on jump scares, but you already knew that. The disappointing thing is that there are elements of truly terrifying things that weren't properly explored.
>>
>>70959980
The first one was mediocre as fuck honestly
I don't have much hope for this one honestly
>>
There was an add for James Wan's next film before i saw this film. The man is a cancer.
>>
I like the director but I really can't get into the movies.
They're not classic horror or ghost stories, in the sense that most of the time the horror elements almost seems to take a backseat and they would be better categorized as 'modern gothics'. There is a focus on the personal lives of the characters instead of the central mystery of the hauntings. Usually when a character's personal life is examined in a horror story it has some direct bearing on the mystery at hand, and romance is rarely present let alone having such a prominent role.

His more recent films are more like... lessons on how to be a good role model e.g. father figure, parent, member of the family disguised as horror.
>>
>>70961726
This. The ending to this one in particular was so weird. Like when that little girl said the thing about having '2' people and it was a comment on how she didn't have a Dad and also about why their marriage was so special... why did we need that?
>>
>>70961191

Honestly?
>>
>>70960690
She had the same nun thing come to her in a vision seven years earlier in a completely unrelated case. It just folllows her around.

Which means the nun went to England and did stuff just to make them come over from America...

That sounds fucking stupid when you type it out.
>>
>>70962148
Oh, i thought it was kinda established that The Nun was some kind of hell demon, and i could accept that she could be pulling the strings in more then one place. I didn't understand how the old man could effect places outside of the house though. Or was the old man the Nun?
>>
>>70962344
Two beings. The old man ghost and the demon nun. The nun used the old man to haunt the family.
>>
>>70962449
Ahhh. So was the old man actually evil or? Cause i felt like there was a scene where it was at lease insinuated that the old man just wanted to go on to heaven or something?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.